• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
D71F-wFUwAAsTWu.jpg:large

Countdown:

t1559840400z1.png

Where to watch:

http://twitch.tv/bungie
http://youtube.com/bungie
http://mixer.com/bungie

Confirmed to be real:

SPOILER_Destiny_2_Shadowkeep.png

CROSS SAVE

d8s7vb_wkaauakspng_large.png

Destiny 2 is also coming to Google Stadia:

3540570-3512577-stadia-logo-promo-2.jpg

HYPE TWEETS:

Rumors:

No more exclusivity deals
Annual Pass 2.0
Trials of the nine revamp / PVP Overhaul
Cross play
Destiny 1 import into Destiny 2 (Highly unlikely)
Faction rally revamp

Anyone have any thoughts or predictions on announcements?

tenor.gif

Last edited:

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
They best have a PvP overhaul. The Crucible team has been MiA since Forsaken launched.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
Hope it's enough to bring me back. I loved the first few weeks of forsaken but haven't been back since, dying for an excuse to get back into it.

JustInsane

Oct 27, 2017
This has to be on par with TTK or Forsaken for me to come back at least at launch, as this will probably come out right before BL3.

OP
OP
Strakt

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
Is this an actual rumor, or just some pie-in-the-sky dream that people just picked up and ran with? I don't recall any word of such a thing being properly rumored by any credible/reliable source.

Aside from that quibble -

giphy.gif

- I'm ready.

I think in one of the twabs, luke smith or someone else hinted at vault of glass? Not sure but ive def seen it pop up more than once.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
What's the destiny 1 import into destiny 2 ordeal?

Like save file or they somehow allowing the full first game to be accessible in the second one?

cmdrshepard

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I think the idea behind the Destiny 1 import is that the rumor is that they will make a destiny essentially an MMO where D1 + D2 and eventually D3 will all be effectively the same game, simply adding new content to the one game. I don't know how much of a rumor it actually is - there was some D1 related promo material released recently and some small hints but i would not be surprised if it is just pointing to the moon expansion rather an import of D1 into D2.

I know it would be a lot of work to make happen but i think it really would be worth it in the long run if it was to happen rather then yet again splitting D3 into another separate product and again completely abandoning all their existing content from 2 full games.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017

Like save file or they somehow allowing the full first game to be accessible in the second one?

we don't know anything. Calling it a rumor is kind of wrong. The background image used for the teaser comes from Destiny 1's director. Hence the rumor.

AustinFordGames

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas

Luke smith said in a TWAB earlier this year, "When I look ahead and think about Destiny and where it could go, I see a bright future, with roots in a memorable past. Not everything has been lost in the dark corners of time."

Source: https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/47579

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
I think the idea behind the Destiny 1 import is that the rumor is that they will make a destiny essentially an MMO where D1 + D2 and eventually D3 will all be effectively the same game, simply adding new content to the one game. I don't know how much of a rumor it actually is - there was some D1 related promo material released recently and some small hints but i would not be surprised if it is just pointing to the moon expansion rather an import of D1 into D2.

I know it would be a lot of work to make happen but i think it really would be worth it in the long run if it was to happen rather then yet again splitting D3 into another separate product and again completely abandoning all their existing content from 2 full games.

At the same time I have to imagine Bungie wants to have a clean break from Activision at this point and I doubt they want to continue piggybacking off Battle.net to keep their PC userbase.

cmdrshepard

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
At the same time I have to imagine Bungie wants to have a clean break from Activision at this point and I doubt they want to continue piggybacking off Battle.net to keep their PC userbase.
Sure absolutely - that maybe a reason why they may release a seperate client through their own launcher or other service such as steam where destiny items have been seen before by error and simply call it Destiny going forward that includes D1+D2 and then will have D3. Whether there would be any legal complications with activision doing this in terms of re-releasing old content that was published by them i am not sure but that would be one way to do it, particularity now that cross-saves exist.

Oct 27, 2017
I really want to get back into Destiny but on PC so I hope Sony doesn't fuck up this cross play thing. Played the Forsaken story and fell off, thus missing a lot of the best content in D2.

qa_engineer

Dec 27, 2017
Luke smith said in a TWAB earlier this year, "When I look ahead and think about Destiny and where it could go, I see a bright future, with roots in a memorable past. Not everything has been lost in the dark corners of time."

How does that even equate to "Destiny 1 import into Destiny 2"? Setting ourselves up for disappointment here, but would (pleasantly) shocked if this happened.

AustinFordGames

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas
How does that even equate to "Destiny 1 import into Destiny 2"? Setting ourselves up for disappointment here, but would (pleasantly) shocked if this happened.

Tomorrow is gonna be one of hardest waits ever. Ill be at work from 8am-4pm and I work in fast food. Anyone giy any tips to
Try to do as much as possible. If you don't normally do dishes, do dishes. Occupy your time as much as possible.

JediMPG

Avenger
Jan 6, 2019
Tomorrow is gonna be one of hardest waits ever. Ill be at work from 8am-4pm and I work in fast food. Anyone giy any tips to...survive? Lol

OP
OP
Strakt

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017

It doesn't. Its highly unlikely that itll happen but you cant say it wont either. Bungie can literally do anything tomm.

Vimto

Oct 29, 2017
Im hoping for big changes in the game, mainly changing the power level progression. it has become such a chore to raise it every season and the economy around infusion is a mess.

Agent 47

Banned
Jun 24, 2018
Hoping for a big Forsaken sized expansion and another annual pass, maybe even a tease of D3?!

Oct 31, 2017
I get why people want more raids but man...I only have one other friend to play with and I work crazy hours every week. I just want more a bunch more strikes and quests...

I had a ton of fun with Forsaken though, so another full-blown content addition like that will get me back so fast.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
I am so worried we won't have PS4 cross save with PC and Xbox :(

They best have a PvP overhaul. The Crucible team has been MiA since Forsaken launched.

Community dudes have made many posts heavily indicating we will see PvP changes this fall. My guess is they mean Trials. Seems pretty likely. A few months ago I think, they mentioned Trials and how they're working on something. So put 2 and 2 together.

Oh crap. I missed this part of that article. Huh. Interesting.... That and the seemingly very deliberate D1 start screen map....hmm....

Carbonox

Dec 13, 2017
Heck, D1 Strikes, PVP maps and Raids would even be enough for me on top of Shadowkeep but I am a simple man of simple tastes.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Ohhh if this means we didn't get all the info leaked yet means I'm really damn excited.

We going to get the return of the true prince that was promised? Azor Ahai himself
giphy.gif

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I checked out of destiny hard but I am curious what they do here as this is their chance to make a big statement on what destiny will be in a post Activision world.

No more excuses.

MAX PAYMENT

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

I hope this is their choice.
I hope that the drop the numbers rebrand the game as just Destiny.

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
Really interested to see how Bungie get on without the help of Vicarious Visions and High Moon. Wonder how much input they had on the new expansion.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I'm well and truelly in the camp of NO WAY sony stops cross play, cross save. They can't be that ignorant now.