• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017

tomwarren

Senior Editor, The Verge
Verified
Apr 18, 2018
I'm well and truelly in the camp of NO WAY sony stops cross play, cross save. They can't be that ignorant now.
So I think Sony's core stance has changed now given the reaction to Fortnite. Before it was about business model / payments on their platform, and now it has moved to them actually having to fundamentally implement all of this at a platform level.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
They best have a PvP overhaul. The Crucible team has been MiA since Forsaken launched.

The PvP really is so awful in this one. I put so many hours into Destiny 2 because I thoroughly enjoyed leveling each class (though I only ever actually raided with my warlock), but those PvP weeklies were boring chores. I hate to admit it, but by the end I became that guy who just ran in circles trying to punch people hoping the match would end quickly so I could be put out of my misery. Actually engaging with those tiny teams on those tiny maps with slow-building abilities..... ugh. Awful.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
So I think Sony's core stance has changed now given the reaction to Fortnite. Before it was about business model / payments on their platform, and now it has moved to them actually having to fundamentally implement all of this at a platform level.

I completely agree, just look at dauntless. It should be an exciting stream.

Droyd

Mar 1, 2018
Please please please let the free-to-play Destiny include Destiny: Forsaken.

It's says 'year 1 content' but technically wasn't Forsaken the beginning of year 2?

Or is it counted as the end of year 1? The article doesn't say haha

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
I'm well and truelly in the camp of NO WAY sony stops cross play, cross save. They can't be that ignorant now.
I don't think it's ignorance I think it's just them being scared of another PSN outtage like with PS3. That whole experience must have been nightmare fuel to deal with as a company.

With that said if they can trust Microsoft with cloud services they could trust them with crossplay.

Please please please let the free-to-play Destiny include Destiny: Forsaken.

It's says 'year 1 content' but technically wasn't Forsaken the beginning of year 2?

Or is it counted as the end of year 1? The article doesn't say haha
Forsaken is the start of year 2

Droyd

Mar 1, 2018
I don't think it's ignorance I think it's just them being scared of another PSN outtage like with PS3. That whole experience must have been nightmare fuel to deal with as a company.

With that said if they can trust Microsoft with cloud services they could trust them with crossplay.

Forsaken is the start of year 2

Damn it haha. I'm still gonna have to spend more than £40 to get all content (not including an annual pass).

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
I would hop into Destiny 2 if there is crossplay/save AND Stadia for sure.
Crossplatform is something I wish Warframe would do.

Firefox

Oct 27, 2017

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan

cmdrshepard

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Well if the leaks are true and they have condensed it all into one package going forward as "Destiny: New Light" and the game essentially becoming an MMO i think we will one day see Destiny 1 ported over. Might not be now but the ability for it to be ported is too perfect for it to not happen sometime in the future

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
God I wish. I think that's a far-off dream though. If anything, I can see them eventually merging the first two games into one new client, but I don't know.

Uuh????

tMeb8gf.png
Wow. That's very cool, and a ton of great content for people to get for free.

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
Crossplay would be great but all of my Destiny friends are on PS4 and Sony doesn't like friendship that transcends barriers

Parasyte29

May 12, 2019
For those worried about prior content published by Activision, i.e Destiny 1, I really don't think there is anything that Activision can do about since Bungie now owns the IP and all of the publishing rights outright. They have already removed the "Published by Activision" tag from the Battle.net launcher.

Crossplay would be great but all of my Destiny friends are on PS4 and Sony doesn't like friendship that transcends barriers
And here I thought Sony was all about "For the players" right?

Droyd

Mar 1, 2018
Oh damn going F2P for base year 1

Hopefully Forsaken will be discounted when Shadowkeep releases. Otherwise despite the base game being f2p the overall price to purchase Forsaken + Shadowkeep will remain the same as the prior expansion includes the base game already.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
Im just hoping for a revamp of the class abilities the way they used to be in d1.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully they will have regional pricing if it comes to steam. I'll buy every single goddam expansion if so lol

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
For those worried about prior content published by Activision, i.e Destiny 1, I really don't think there is anything that Activision can do about since Bungie now owns the IP and all of the publishing rights outright. They have already removed the "Published by Activision" tag from the Battle.net launcher.

And here I thought Sony was all about "For the players" right?
"For the players we've trapped"

CrackaFett

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Sony has to change it's stance. I won't even bother with more destiny if I can't bring my character over. Hoping there's time to change because it says PS4 is currently not supported.