• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
Before trials, I have literally never seen an obvious cheater in game in D2 and I put in hundreds of pvp hours.
Meh, I've come across dozens of cheaters when I used to play Gambit Prime regularly. Those guys who could invade right when the game started, had instant respawn and unlimited supers. Messed up my motivation to get that 100 winstreak in Gambit (although it got even worse this season after they fucked up the stat tracking on the emblems and removed the Gambit winstreak stat...).

They've just migrated to Trials, because it's new and has fresh rewards.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Meh, I've come across dozens of cheaters when I used to play Gambit Prime regularly. Those guys who could invade right when the game started, had instant respawn and unlimited supers. Messed up my motivation to get that 100 winstreak in Gambit (although it got even worse this season after they fucked up the stat tracking on the emblems and removed the Gambit winstreak stat...).

They've just migrated to Trials, because it's new and has fresh rewards.
Never seen a single one in my hundreds of hours in D1 and D2.

EloquentM

Oct 25, 2017
Never seen a single one in my hundreds of hours in D1 and D2.
I saw them in gambit prime before trials too. I'm not skilled enough to tell when someone is aimbotting when I'm playing cause everyone can hit me but in gambit prime the cheaters use infinite resplendent, super, and earl invade so it's pretty obvious.

FacesAndAces

Chicken Chaser
Avenger
Dec 9, 2017
Ran into a good number of cheaters in D2 before Trials. They were mostly found in high level comp (2100+) and Gambit.

They would instantly have super, instantly revive, or teleport to you and instakill you.

In Gambit they'd invade early and always, instantly revive, always have super, etc.

Cheaters fucking suck.

The move to Steam, and making the game F2P, really increased the number of cheaters. There's no consequences for cheating in D2. Get banned? Start another account. Keep cheating and you'll get right back to where you were. Get banned on that account? Your old one has probably ran through the ban duration.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
CSGO player got caught cheating live and she blamed it on her "friend" Clara
giphy.gif

Deleted member 15447

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I never cheated.

Ok there were wall hacks on my PC, but I don't know how they got there.

Yeah ok I was cheating, the game is in a horrible spot. Fuck it.

thatescalatedquickly.gif

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I saw them in gambit prime before trials too. I'm not skilled enough to tell when someone is aimbotting when I'm playing cause everyone can hit me but in gambit prime the cheaters use infinite resplendent, super, and earl invade so it's pretty obvious.
Is this a common thing? I've played a shit tonne of Gambit and Prime... maybe I just didn't notice some.

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
Is cheating rampant in Destiny 2 for the PC?
Yes.

Just got a 850 with blue sniper and green hand cannon. In Iron Banner.

Guess who was doing headshots consistenly and even body shots from far away in the air getting shot? That guy.

Then he'd wait until someone else made kills as to not be the top player in the score.

PvP/Gambit needs to be a paid mode on PC, locked behind buying the game.

Often see people crouching and standing at the same time they fire, meaning they are using macros. Or instant slide and shotgun. Macros.

Praxis

Sausage Tycoon
Oct 25, 2017
UK
It depends on the genre. Nobody cares about skill in say Cities Skylines, Goat Simulator or Life is Strange, but anyone streaming a FPS game better be above average or no one will watch you. You'd have to a extremely charming or comedic personality to make up for the lack of skill.

So, Giant Bomb then haha

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
The great thing about this video is that pretty much everyone can relate to it, although probably for vastly different reasons. Being caught in a lie is terrible and when it happens like that you're hard press to act normal in any way. The feeling alone should dissuade anyone from even risking putting themselves in a situation where they might get caught. I'd argue it's one of the worst feelings in the world.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
User banned (3 days): Platform wars. Inappropriate commentary.

FZed

Dec 30, 2019
Call me an idiot but how can you tell he is cheating? Because if the tabs open in chrome? Or you see something on screen and if so at what time in the video?

Kadey

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Southeastern PA
And bungie isn't doing enough if much as this past week the amount of cheaters skyrocketed on streams. Every other match was there a cheater.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
Call me an idiot but how can you tell he is cheating? Because if the tabs open in chrome? Or you see something on screen and if so at what time in the video?
l6hxO4V.jpg

You can see the 3 opponents in 3 red boxes through the wall. He can probably shoot them through the wall as well.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
And bungie isn't doing enough if much as this past week the amount of cheaters skyrocketed on streams. Every other match was there a cheater.
By the time we got to 5 or 6 wins, it was literally a 50/50 on whether we'd get someone obviously cheating or not.

Again, 85%-90% headshot kill rate? Buckle up, boys.

Rarely aimbotting unless the match was in grave jeopardy, but almost always wall hacking. The tracking through walls and pre-firing made it obvious.

TheRulingRing

Banned
Apr 6, 2018
Opt-in is the worst way to do cross play, people are lazy and often never even look at the option menu, so it would defeat the whole point of cross play. Opt-out though is fine and every game should have that.

Opt-out is not fine because console players will get put in the cheater lobbies on PC because they don't know about opt-out.

That means the people who actually do opt-out because they want less cheaters in their lobbies will have less people to matchmake with.

Why should the non-cheating lobbies be punished?

The "whole point" of crossplay is to play with friends on other platforms, and opt-in works fine for that.

pksu

Oct 27, 2017
Finland
Something really needs fixing if cheating is as a big problem in D2 as people claim and making crossplay opt-in isn't a fix really, it's a workaround.

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
So this guy instant banned or what?

Never cared for pvp so doesn't really bother me but the effort (or lack there of) makes it seem like they want it to be a big part of Destiny.

I'd scrap it all if it got me some new strikes.

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
Opt-out is not fine because console players will get put in the cheater lobbies on PC because they don't know about opt-out.

That means the people who actually do opt-out because they want less cheaters in their lobbies will have less people to matchmake with.

Why should the non-cheating lobbies be punished?

The "whole point" of crossplay is to play with friends on other platforms, and opt-in works fine for that.

See, I don't think of cross play as just for friends to play with each other, but also as an tool to make sure the playerbase is as big as possible, helping match making times, giving you opponent of similar skill etc. With opt in that benefit will be gone.

Uzume

Oct 30, 2017
In the long run opt in or out doesn't matter.
Dead game will still be dead. The only difference is the server can live longer and you get a handful more friends on discord to play the game with.
Popular games with their dedicated playbase would figure out whether/when they want to crossplay and adjust the option on the fly.