• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
It's a limited launch for a limited target audience. They are low numbers for an MMO but we have nothing to compare them with.

Keikaku

Oct 27, 2017
And that's a free game. If COD comes to stadia, Ms store is about to get some competiton.

1478373723338985.jpg

Pheace

Aug 23, 2018
These numbers will be interesting. I guess that means at least 10k Founders editions. We'll see how high it gets.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I expected worse to be honest but yeah, still pretty bad.

I would have a chance of getting a game on Bad Company 2 360 than this in the evenings.

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
rQ12smp.png

Numbers are based off of anyone who created a character and loaded in
damn 13? what's the source of these numbers?

wait a sec, is Stadia only playing with Stadia? It isn't just the PC version being streamed?
it's pc but isnt stadia based on Linux? so essentially another ecosystem/console for the moment. Cross play is something bungie is looking into in the future, only cross save right now.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Prime specifically, the Invader role is simply too powerful, Collector summons a giant block that can be killed quickly, Reaper...kills stuff?, and the Sentry is actually ok.

A good invader can disable the enemy team in the first couple minutes or less.

Reaper? Sentry? I've played quite a bit of Crucible and those aren't familiar to me.

But yes Invaders are strong but you can also kill them fairly easy. You can predict where they will spawn 95% of the time and react accordingly.

Bunkles

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I would love to see MK11's population numbers.

Oct 25, 2017
Does warmind.io count loading into the tower as initiating a pve activity?
Because those stadia numbers really look like a bunch of people logging into the tower just to move around see how it feels, maybe booting up the EDZ for a few min and then logging off.

I'd love to know the numbers for people who played 2hrs or more.
Because 44 people in the crucible and 13 people playing gambit makes me think the number of people who logged into d2 on stadia and actually attempted to have a normal play session on stadia is significantly lower than 10k.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Considering literally everybody who has access to Stadia also has access to Destiny 2, those are dreadful figures, even given how poorly Google handled this launch.

Deleted member 1003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Reaper? Sentry? I've played quite a bit of Crucible and those aren't familiar to me.

But yes Invaders are strong but you can also kill them fairly easy. You can predict where they will spawn 95% of the time and react accordingly.
In Prime, the Invader with a full set of Invader armor, locks the enemy bank. Throw a bunch of Taken Captains in, get to 25 and invade. Enemy is stuck with motes they can't deposit trying to fight blockers and whatever other enemies, meanwhile the Invader with full set of Invader armor, can wall hack their way to victory. Meanwhile the other team is depositing motes over and over. The invader can come back again three more times, locking the bank each time.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
In Prime, the Invader with a full set of Invader armor, locks the enemy bank. Throw a bunch of Taken Captains in, get to 25 and invade. Enemy is stuck with motes they can't deposit trying to fight blockers and whatever other enemies, meanwhile the Invader with full set of Invader armor, can wall hack their way to victory. Meanwhile the other team is depositing motes over and over. The invader can come back again three more times, locking the bank each time.

Oh I don't really play Prime. I just play standard.

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
So Stadia separates the online players from other PC versions? or do these games play with the STEAM and Epic versions of the games? Are the MK11 players playing only with other Stadia players?

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
Have avoided stating this in the main thread as not to upset some of the fans:

I highly doubt they actually "sold out" of Founder's editions. They immediately had the non-Founder's package available for sale and there are people with ship dates before some Founder's.

I think that was a marketing move.

However I also think they could have shipped all packages day one too; they are staggering shipment on purpose to avoid overloading servers. These numbers might seem low, but they aren't low considering the TF's dedicated to each player.

Although now based on D2 being 1080p@medium, I'm also doubting they are dedicating 10.7 TF to each player, at least for Destiny.

Pheace

Aug 23, 2018
Have avoided stating this in the main thread as not to upset some of the fans:

I highly doubt they actually "sold out" of Founder's editions. They immediately had the non-Founder's package available for sale and there are people with ship dates before some Founder's.

I think that was a marketing move.
I think that's pretty obvious. They just limited the number of Founder's edition there were going to be. It's a pretty common thing to imply rarity.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Given D2 is included at no additional cost with the currently mandatory subscription, it makes you wonder what the sales must be like of the paid games on the service. Likely a fraction of D2's player count.

Pheace

Aug 23, 2018
I'm suggesting they didn't even hit that planned limit; just decided to announce it sold out so they didn't... not "sell out."
Ow, like that. It's certainly possible. They likely would've wanted to 'sell out' before launch day comes else it would look like there wasn't much interest.