• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
Bit dissappointed with how this season has panned out, it started off really well with the invasions on the moon and then the black garden activity but when they were first talking about it they were saying how the Vex were going to start invading the whole system. Then all they do for the final assault is swap out the boss and from what I could tell from beating it twice last night it's even easier than the last one.

AINTneauxACID

Oct 27, 2017
Today, i found out i didn't need Shadowkeep to play vex offensive. 🙄 I had the season pass for weeks now. Good news is Sweet Business dropped from a boss in there. 😁

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
This season came with Shaddowkeep, so they phone it in a bit.

I would think the following seasons will be more substantial as it would have had more time in the oven.

NutterB

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks to Join In Progress I have lost 2 games tonight before I even loaded into the match.

Thanks bungle.

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
Got Undying, nice to have my first title, even if it was kinda eh when all was done.
Finally having that purple name in the menu that wont actually do anything was totally worth the grind.

I dont go to reddit, so what happened ?
Are they unhappy about something again ?

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Should I just stick with my title that deems me the slayer of eggs or the title that proves I grinded this dumbass activity.

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Only title I had was Wayfarer. Wayfarer feels like a consolation title, a sort of "well, you tried... there you go, have yourself a little title like the other boys and girls" *pat on head*

Now with Undying, especially after that wet fart Undying Mind being what I'd been sat waiting for, I feel compelled to stick with Wayfarer, so at least I won't be judged quite as harshly.

The ladies (Ikora) would be all over you

Shaxx's opinion is all we really seek.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
I love when you forget to check you Post Master after a bit of grinding and the next day when you do she has just what you were looking for. For me a Arrow-head, High-Cal, Feeding Frenzy and Multi-Kill Clip Adhortative Pulse Rifle, with a Range MW just sitting there in all it's glory. Means I'm pretty much done for the season now too. Maybe I'll try the Raid, I do want it's Pulse and AR, but I just don't Raid enough to be motivated for random rolled Raid loot.

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
Is the Jotunner sparrow supposed to have fixed perks?

Mine rolled with "reloads weapons" when I bought it. I pulled it like seven times from my collection looking for "instant summon" and they all rolled with the "reloads weapons" perk. All of them.

I looked at it in Eververse and it does indicate that one perk is random.

What gives?

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Is the Jotunner sparrow supposed to have fixed perks?

Mine rolled with "reloads weapons" when I bought it. I pulled it like seven times from my collection looking for "instant summon" and they all rolled with the "reloads weapons" perk. All of them.

I looked at it in Eververse and it does indicate that one perk is random.

What gives?
Nah, it can get other stuff, just got to keep pulling it out your collection. Took like 5 for me to get instant summon.

FashionTarkus

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Dark Below still exists.

Oh in D2 nevermind.

Without counting the 3 laughable story missions, that is still better content than Vex Offensive in my opinion (imagine what I think about VO lol) dark below had Crota's end, Undying mind and Omnigul strikes, Pantheon (plus other PvP maps)
Not only was better than season of Undying and season of the drifter combined, by a mile, but I would gladly pay $20 to have seasons like that instead of SoU.

May 25, 2019
London
Really disappointing to hear how lame the Final Assault was for Vex Offensive. I don't understand how they can make an activity as fun as Altar of Sorrow and then make one as boring as Vex Offensive, and then put the season focus on the boring one.

Really low expectations for Season of the Dawn at this point. Might be a season I skip, similar to Season of the Drifter last year.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
I hope they re-evaluate the Bright Dust economy in the next season. Give more bright dust rewards in the pass. Give Bright Dust every 5 levels past 100 (or maybe some dust every level past 100?). Buff the bright dust amount from the repeatable bounties (only 10? uhhh. 200 for the weeklies is ok... maybe a slight bump but could leave these alone as there's 800 per character already). I'm pretty much broke - literally only 9 bright dust to my name, so even if there was something I wanted, I probably wouldn't be able to buy it even if I grinded the shit out of those 10 dust bounties.

Buying with silver wouldn't be bad but no fucking way would I ever buy an emote for $7 lmao

Norris1020

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Only title I had was Wayfarer. Wayfarer feels like a consolation title, a sort of "well, you tried... there you go, have yourself a little title like the other boys and girls" *pat on head*

Now with Undying, especially after that wet fart Undying Mind being what I'd been sat waiting for, I feel compelled to stick with Wayfarer, so at least I won't be judged quite as harshly..

Nah, nothing wrong with Wayferer. If I hadn't slacked off during CoO/Warmind I would roll with that one.

Now Dredgen on the other hand is the title of shame, I went no title than wear that one lol but I'll wear Undying at least

Last edited:

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017

Now with Undying, especially after that wet fart Undying Mind being what I'd been sat waiting for, I feel compelled to stick with Wayfarer, so at least I won't be judged quite as harshly.

Shaxx's opinion is all we really seek.
I definitely feel like Dredgen is the cheap title

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Since I'm pretty much done with the content this season, if anyone on Xbox needs to - or would like to - run the Dungeon (for a loot drop, Xenophage, etc) or a high level NF (for Master Ship? Quest Step?) or any other one-off thing (Shattered Throne, etc). PM me on here, or message me on Xbox (same GT) and I can probably help.

Available most evenings (US East)

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
I definitely feel like Dredgen is the cheap title
Nah, people who have equiped Dredgen are the ones who actually enjoy playing the mode. It's also the one which u can get naturally by playing and not doing some specific dumb stuff over and over again.

Buying with silver wouldn't be bad but no fucking way would I ever buy an emote for $7 lmao
I've never bought silver before, but as an avid Gambit player I just caved in and bought the Ding emote from the Drifter. The Eververse does suck though and I getting loads of free stuff during events, because of the double Bright Engrams.

Oct 25, 2017
I think the best thing for my Destiny enjoyment was not really playing at all last year. I got to come back into it with Shadow Keep and had a TON of new stuff to do.

New locations and activities and story stuff. Gambit, Menagerie, Forges and dungeons were all new. It seems like they're driving more and more towards the FOMO model, but outside of the MMXIX title I don't really feel like I missed out on anything.

I'm still planning on playing a lot until the season ends, so that I don't have to grind to Fabled in comp again, but I'm not sure how much I'll keep playing when the next season starts.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What are the max stats an armor can have?

Is there an external tool that can tell me what percentage or whatever a piece is? Like in D1.

As always, my absolute top complaint post year 2 is having paralysis about what I can shard and what I can't. Inventory management is so goddamn frustrating.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
What are the max stats an armor can have?

Is there an external tool that can tell me what percentage or whatever a piece is? Like in D1.

As always, my absolute top complaint post year 2 is having paralysis about what I can shard and what I can't. Inventory management is so goddamn frustrating.
70 without any stat mods I think. But highest I've ever seen is mid 60s mostly from IB.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Bungo is apparently enjoying waffles today over adding meaningful content to my precious game. Words cannot describe my fury at their audacity to enjoy battered breakfast at such a crucial time.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
Jesus. That is pre-masterwork, right? On that note, armor doesn't get any bonuses from energy until masterwork, right?
Yeah, when fully Masterworked you get a +2 to each stat (class item included despite them having no stats). The mods give +10 to 1 stat too I think.

The highest I have are the raid gauntlets:

GAUNTLETS OF EXALTATION
953 Defense Titan Gauntlets

Mobility
+9
Resilience
+8
Recovery
+16
Discipline
+10
Intellect
+26
Strength
+8

Total
55 + 10 (mod) + 12 (MW)

However, if I masterwork them, these should get to 82:

GAUNTLETS OF EXALTATION
951 Defense Titan Gauntlets

Mobility
+2
Resilience
+22
Recovery
+17
Discipline
+9
Intellect
+12
Strength
+8

Total
60 + 10 (mod)

these would be +12 when masterworked though.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So then in 2.0, class items are basically back to just being for looks, right? Since you can swap any mods into them and they don't have stats.

Gray clouds

Nov 7, 2017
New-ish PC player here. I am at 256 light and burning out on grinding the solo free stuff.

I'd like to try and join a clan for group content but got a ton of anxiety. How intense are raids? Are they still big time-commitments?

I had a bad Vault of Glass experience with a PUG group that lasted 3-4 hours back in D1.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA

demi

Oct 27, 2017
So then in 2.0, class items are basically back to just being for looks, right? Since you can swap any mods into them and they don't have stats.

Yes - unless! - you masterwork it, then you get bonus stats (+2 to all 6 stats)

You also can't slot "any" mod - they are still restricted by element (eg. ashes to assets is solar only).

So it's best to have 1 of each element class item.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA

You also can't slot "any" mod - they are still restricted by element (eg. ashes to assets is solar only).

giphy.gif

It hasn't gotten any less annoying to deal with honestly. different element resistances are fine, but the mods should all be universal.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Well that is stupid. I haven't even been paying attention to the element. Armor 2.0 just has way too much shit going on.

tbh I miss when there was BiS gear for something and you didn't have to think about all this BS.

Status
Not open for further replies.