• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbo Tu-Tone

Oct 27, 2017
-OEM Titans who killed you using 100% pure skill with the Recluse don't have time to teabag because you respawn in a second
Getting one-shot by OEM Titans only to see them and their overshield go down a split second before you respawn is pretty funny.

Take the stupid thing off in here, idiots.
Momentum needs only one change to really make it shine

- If you stay still for a few seconds, you are marked to the entire enemy team until you move around

For a game called MOMENTUM it promotes passive camping gameplay terribly. Like the modifier of the same name, you should have something in place to keep players moving. MOMENTUM - MOVEMENT - MOVE
People who crouch camp should be locked down with a Hive bear trap and show up to the enemy with a truesight outline until they're killed. Using emotes to corner peek automatically locks you into place and makes you do the Sam Trombone emote until you're killed.

Kiekura

Mar 23, 2018
Agree that people camping with scouts and holding one corner should be highlighted or something.

MillionStabs

Jan 11, 2018
Whats considered a good roll for Optative? I have a Range Masterwork with Kill clip, 4th time, and Drop Mag. Feels pretty good to me but just wanna know if thers something I could be missing

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I play quite a lot and there seems to be tonnes to do still. You must have been playing more than me if you're finding the content drying up, and that means you played a shit tonne since launch.

These games don't have infinite content... it feels like it's in a great spot to me.

Whats considered a good roll for Optative? I have a Range Masterwork with Kill clip, 4th time, and Drop Mag. Feels pretty good to me but just wanna know if thers something I could be missing
Entirely depends what you're using it for and possibly which platform you're on. A pve godroll is different to a pvp one.

Nov 14, 2017
But at least it's fun.
qNPdA8B.jpg

That's from a teammate.
I mean, if you're managing to lose so often, then the constant factor in that equation is you. You need to look at your playstyle and honestly assess why it is that what you're doing harms your chance of winning.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Missile Titan + Skullfort + Recluse in Momentum Control is incredibly fun (and really good for getting Medals). Just yeeting myself into all the Scout using, crouching people in the back getting double or triple kills usually, which is procing MoA and cleaning out the rest. Get your Super in like 40 seconds too.
Got to hit Fabled and Mt-Top, Randy's and Luna Howl will be got.

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, if you're managing to lose so often, then the constant factor in that equation is you. You need to look at your playstyle and honestly assess why it is that what you're doing harms your chance of winning.

I probably play a bit too aggressively. Pushing, when I should hold pack.

It's not like I'm totally incompetent, I get kills, I stick with my teammates, I try to do everything that people here and youtube videos tell me to do, but then a titan jumps around the corner and melees me in the face and I don't know what else I could have done.

I just wish there was a way to practice playing survival mode outside of the competitive playlist. I'm only going to get better with practice, but if that involves people that are going to take the time to add me to a group just so they can be a dick to me, what's the point?

DWarriorSN

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PA
Nothing like climbing all the way to 5350 glory fairly easily only to be stuck with the trashiest teamates known to man for a day and a half bringing me down to 5000 glory

Last edited:

someday

Oct 25, 2017
Is it 450 scout kills for Randy or does the 450 come from assists or game mode as well (like 2x in IB or something)?

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
Uhh, so I just got an Arbalest from Xur's fated engram, and it kinda owns.
Linear Fusion Rifle that's kinetic but uses special ammo and completely bodies shielded enemies. Hell yeah.

Nov 14, 2017
I probably play a bit too aggressively. Pushing, when I should hold pack.

It's not like I'm totally incompetent, I get kills, I stick with my teammates, I try to do everything that people here and youtube videos tell me to do, but then a titan jumps around the corner and melees me in the face and I don't know what else I could have done.

I just wish there was a way to practice playing survival mode outside of the competitive playlist. I'm only going to get better with practice, but if that involves people that are going to take the time to add me to a group just so they can be a dick to me, what's the point?
I think the main thing about Destiny PVP is how fast it can be. If you're near a corner, be prepared for someone to be holding it. Try to play vertically, so if they push you jump above them to outmaneuver them.

Never be the first to push into the enemy team: you will die. Your main focus is actually just controlling the heavy ammo. If you can control that part of the map as a team, you're winning. Let them come to you. If you see one of them in a bad position (mainly separated from the other 2) then go for the kill, but don't get greedy if they make it back to their team. Conversely, if you feel like you're loosing a 1v1 don't be afraid to throw a grenade down and get back to your teammates.

Probably the best game mode to practice in is elimination.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I've had very little time to play this season sadly. I'm hoping to play this weekend. Is there any specific activity that drops mods more than others? I need Machine Gun ammo finder and Ashes to Ashes

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Uhh, so I just got an Arbalest from Xur's fated engram, and it kinda owns.
Linear Fusion Rifle that's kinetic but uses special ammo and completely bodies shielded enemies. Hell yeah.
Yeah Arbalest is low-key great. I wish they had introduced a catalyst for it this season but maybe it is still in the works. Pops shield like crazy and does big damage always. Eriana's has kind of taken over the role but since it's solar and Arbalest is kinetic there is room for both in the sandbox.

Oct 27, 2017
Finally, soloed the Chamber of Suffering. Couldn't get it done on my Warlock but my trusty Hunter completed it.

Recipe for success...

Crimson (w/Catalyst), Loaded Question, Bad Omens (Curated)

Way of the Trapper Nightstalker/Orpheus Rigs

...tried a ton of different loadouts but this worked best for me (mainly concerning survival with the Crimson and taking out the Boomers quickly with Bad Omens).

The most intense encounter I've had in some time in Destiny. I'm guessing it's about as trivial as it gets with a fireteam though. Kinda felt like early days Totems (with a million more adds though).

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
It's at least farmable but Bungie why, why would you make the ship needed for the Shadowkeep badge a random drop in the dungeon? :(

lorddarkflare

Oct 25, 2017
Momentum Control is amazing.

Prior to it, Iron Banner was my favorite mode, but now, I dunno anymore.

Been using the Black Scorpion. If Randy's feels even half as good, then it will have been worth it.

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
turns out not every scout rifle does the same amount of damage and I've been using the worst one...i keep getting 1 shotted but my mida cant do that

wonder how easy recluse wouldve been had I known that :/

Mockerre

Story Director
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Hey guys. It's that time of year again, where I find myself locked out of endgame activies by having no one to play with... so, where's the best place to look for people for NF and so on?

Mango Polo

Nov 2, 2017
Eh, due to how the maps work, you are still much better off with a pulse rifle. 150 RPM scouts have great TTK but are equally punishing if you happen to miss a single headshot.
The point of MIDA though is keeping the radar active so you can be a long range ultra coward and eek out some extra victories. Also if you focus fire with your team it doesn't matter much.

MillionStabs

Jan 11, 2018
Welp. Momentum was fun while it lasted, then people discovered Fighting Lion exists

turns out not every scout rifle does the same amount of damage and I've been using the worst one...i keep getting 1 shotted but my mida cant do that

wonder how easy recluse wouldve been had I known that :/
I had the same problem lol. I was wondering why everyone else was one shotting while I wasn't

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I cant get a damn Blasphemer with Opening Shot. Is it even worth the grind? Are there better legendary shot guns? I've gotten 5 now and no curated or even a roll at all with Opening shot. I got one with full range but I heard the range is capped to 65 on slug shotguns regardless, so that blows.

Status
Not open for further replies.