• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Carm

Oct 27, 2017
Indiana
Ended up buying that Brumeswept Night Sparrow. This thing has the most obnoxious and loud sound effect I've heard in this game, while using it, to the point I won't use it unless it's changed, looks cool though.

I've mostly played space wizard in the time I've played this franchise, never could get into titan or hunter before, but decided to get their gear level up to try again. I started with Titan Arc tree, my armor exotics were limted to a bunch of meh arms so went with Synthoceps or something. This got boring real quick, so switched to a Captain America spec.

I was on Tangled Shore doing events in the CA spec getting use to it, when a hive event popped up and we did the heroic version. So, I didn't think this was possible anymore, but the heroic public event chest dropped a exotic and it happened to be An Insurmountable Skullfort. So begrudingly I looked up what Arc tree goes with it and my goodness Way of the Missle is fun. How viable is Way of the Missile in Strikes/Nightfalls?

This spec is a blast, no pun intended, but I worry the melee meteor won't do enough damage in the harder content to reset immediately on crashing down on mobs.

As for hunter, oddly got lucky and have full 950 gear on that one, 949 on the other two. Currently using Blade Barrage spec with Shards of Galanor. This class feels extremely squishy and I'm not fond of the dodge being on Q, don't see a way to rebind per character, which is a bummer. I like the other classes on Q but the dodge feels cumbersome to use if i want to do anything besides dodge forward or right.

The Shards of Galanor perk feels very finicky in the amount of super energy it gives back.

Ended up trying Outbreak Perfected and that Worm sniper rifle quest timed runs solo and blind. I knew going in I didn't have a chance but my word that Worm one, I just kept getting destroyed. I thought I was doing okayish on the Outbreak timed run till I watched a video and I ran out of time right before you get to the jumping puzzle and trevor bot or whatever. I definitely don't have the skill to do those in time, solo atm.

KuroNeeko

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka
Ended up buying that Brumeswept Night Sparrow. This thing has the most obnoxious and loud sound effect I've heard in this game, while using it, to the point I won't use it unless it's changed, looks cool though.

I've mostly played space wizard in the time I've played this franchise, never could get into titan or hunter before, but decided to get their gear level up to try again. I started with Titan Arc tree, my armor exotics were limted to a bunch of meh arms so went with Synthoceps or something. This got boring real quick, so switched to a Captain America spec.

I was on Tangled Shore doing events in the CA spec getting use to it, when a hive event popped up and we did the heroic version. So, I didn't think this was possible anymore, but the heroic public event chest dropped a exotic and it happened to be An Insurmountable Skullfort. So begrudingly I looked up what Arc tree goes with it and my goodness Way of the Missle is fun. How viable is Way of the Missile in Strikes/Nightfalls?

This spec is a blast, no pun intended, but I worry the melee meteor won't do enough damage in the harder content to reset immediately on crashing down on mobs.

As for hunter, oddly got lucky and have full 950 gear on that one, 949 on the other two. Currently using Blade Barrage spec with Shards of Galanor. This class feels extremely squishy and I'm not fond of the dodge being on Q, don't see a way to rebind per character, which is a bummer. I like the other classes on Q but the dodge feels cumbersome to use if i want to do anything besides dodge forward or right.

The Shards of Galanor perk feels very finicky in the amount of super energy it gives back.

Ended up trying Outbreak Perfected and that Worm sniper rifle quest timed runs solo and blind. I knew going in I didn't have a chance but my word that Worm one, I just kept getting destroyed. I thought I was doing okayish on the Outbreak timed run till I watched a video and I ran out of time right before you get to the jumping puzzle and trevor bot or whatever. I definitely don't have the skill to do those in time, solo atm.

I don't really have anything to add. I recently started a Titan and Code of the Missile is easily my favorite tree so far. Pretty fun in the Altars of Sorrow as well.

Zackat

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished up The Red War. Onto the next stuff.

This is a pretty good video game. I am guessing I have a crap ton of content still lol

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
tried to make level 9 of haunted forest and even with a pretty decent lfg team and melting all bosses in about 5s (not hard) we didn't quite make it on our best run. Unless I'm missing something it's tough.

So ugh, yet another unattainable pinnacle source. at least without wasting a bunch of time for whats probably gonna fall in the wrong slot anyway.

bungle just keeps getting worse. break time near...

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
tried to make level 9 of haunted forest and even with a pretty decent lfg team and melting all bosses in about 5s (not hard) we didn't quite make it on our best run. Unless I'm missing something it's tough.

So ugh, yet another unattainable pinnacle source. at least without wasting a bunch of time for whats probably gonna fall in the wrong slot anyway.

bungle just keeps getting worse. break time near...

1. Use add-clearing supers during add-clearing part.
2. Use heavy or the two Izanagis and Divinity that you should be using during boss.

Ta da.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
1. Use add-clearing supers during add-clearing part.
2. Use heavy or the two Izanagis and Divinity that you should be using during boss.

Ta da.

We mostly did all that. All the bosses melted almost immediately, so that's not an issue.

I guess we just had to do a little better on tougher add sections. But honestly I'm guessing it's somewhat RNG, in that you need good thick mobs to chuck through fast.

Either way it's difficult enough to probably be useless from an LFG perspective, unless you want to waste a few hours trying. GG bungie.

Edit: add clearing supers. Maybe. I used Mobius quiver, which is kind of add clearing kind of not I guess? another guy Well, third guy stormtrance I think.. Ok maybe. It's not like you need the supers on the boss. We maybe could have been more diligent on super use.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
Yea Xenophage is bad. Like really bad. It's extremely telling when 90% of the time I'd rather use a legendary in the power slot than any exotic. It just seems like Bungie is scared when it comes to making exotics so they play conservative with them so they don't mistakenly make the gun OP, which results in said exotic getting vaulted forever.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Quite frankly I say we haven't got any cool new exotics since Black Armory. Amazing exotics from there. Izanagi? A legend that came to blossom. Anarchy? My man, get over here. Jotunn? Dads can finally get Fabled. Le Monarque? Enchanté. Since then?

Arabalest - No one cares.

Lumina -

giphy.gif

Terrabad - BUFF TERRABAD.

Deathbringer - Sometimes cool, most of the time a derp. A drunken clown, if you will.

Divinity - Only cool one.

Eriana's Vow - Boooooooring.

Leviathan's Breath - More like bad breath. Amirite or amirite or amirite or amirite?

Xenophage - You know would have been cool? If you were actually AN AUTOMATIC WEAPON. WITH AMMO. AND THINGS. THAT ARE USEFUL. EXPLOSIVE PAYLOAD AUTO.

Bungo is slippin'. Our legendary guns are just the same shit we already got and our exotics are weak shit.

Last edited:

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
Bungie is clearly scared to create powerful weapons right now because they would make the content too easy or pvp die hard would start complaining.

They will nerf Divinity by removing debuff stack and probably Izanagi as well.

I miss the original Vex Mythoclast.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Rock and a hard place,

make players powerful, and trivialize the content.

I remember when Escalation shotgun was more powerful than most exotics, and 1K voices was melting everything in its path

They even had to kill Whisper because all you had to do was not miss and you shoot forever.

Let's not even talk about the Mythoclast.

Hopefully, we can arrive at a middle ground because if Xenophage is what people are saying it is? Damn.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Like I think Shadowkeep is doing a decent enough job keeping us occupied with activities but these activities aren't rewarding. And not just with weapons, but across the board. Need I even talk about Eververse and bright engrams. Nightmare Hunts?

Only thing to chase after is good stats on armor 2.0 and whatever mods you're missing. They at least did good with armor.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
Like I think Shadowkeep is doing a decent enough job keeping us occupied with activities but these activities aren't rewarding. And not just with weapons, but across the board. Need I even talk about Eververse and bright engrams. Nightmare Hunts?

Only thing to chase after is good stats on armor 2.0 and whatever mods you're missing. They at least did good with armor.

Even the ritual weapons are pretty meh. Exit Strategy? A budget Recluse. Edgewise? A budget Delirium. Randy's is the only interesting one and that's mainly a PvP weapon. And I knew FoL was going to be nothing but shoving Eververse in our face with everything cool locked behind it, but did they really have to lock the broom sparrow in there as well? FFS Bungie, that was a free reward (granted limited time) in D1 year 3 during FoL and now we have to buy it with silver or dust.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Moon weapons have been solid, ditto the Vex weapons.

Not used the exotics all that much tbh

I think more emphasis have been put into the mod systems and armour 2.0

Canyon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I'm at the point in Izanagi where I'm waiting for the Bergusia forge. For the average player, will I be able to complete the forge, the dungeon, strike, and one more forge in say, 2-3 hours? Don't have much time daily and I'm dreading having to wait another four days for the forge to rotate back if I can only get so far.

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
I'm at the point in Izanagi where I'm waiting for the Bergusia forge. For the average player, will I be able to complete the forge, the dungeon, strike, and one more forge in say, 2-3 hours? Don't have much time daily and I'm dreading having to wait another four days for the forge to rotate back if I can only get so far.

why do you need that specific forge twice ?
Edit: sorry, got mistaken. you do need to do another forge, but it matters not which one.

Canyon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Andri, okay, I must not have read the guide correctly. As for the dungeon and strike, I'll be looking to the era discord if my usual crew isn't available.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
The dungeon is cool, like the mechanics involving the sword. Also like that there's no wipe mechanic for the final boss unlike Dul Incaru. Will try solo flawless sometime soon - no rush.

Tried to solve the Xenophage puzzles without a guide but after an hour I looked at solutions and felt even more dumber after seeing checkmate in 5 moves, lmao

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Between the Vex invasions, wathever the fuck is happening on the Moon right now and the Eris shennanigans, For the first time I feel we are at war (with the cabal on mars) on multiple fronts, its pretty cool.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
The event dungeon is pretty fun even if it's basically just a nighttime version of the Infinite Forest. Got to the sixth level and that was with two levels with just one other guy because our original guy flaked out as soon as we started.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Also the Haunted Forst 2.0 looks great, and the haunted tower decorations 2.0 as well. They really upped the budget for these, those eververse purchases working great

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
So bottom tree striker got a huge nerf, what's the new best titan tree?
My vote would probably be bottom tree Void (Code of the Aggressor) with Doomfangs. It's not clear cut anymore though, which is good. All of the void trees are good. The arc trees are all solid now, just not OP like before. Top tree Solar has always been good and bottom tree is much improved if you have Phoenix Cradle. Middle tree solar is really the only one in an awkward spot but even then the Super itself is both a roaming and a shutdown super so it can have a place as long as you can get around the weaker neutral game.
Counterpoint: momentum control is the best crucible has ever been. Make it permanent!
I don't know about "best" but I did enjoy what I played. Scout and snipers dominate since either can be a 1 hit kill (head for scouts, body for snipes) but it's definitely nice to have a change of pace and doubly nice to have a mode where kills can happen so quickly to count towards catalyst progress.
How viable is Way of the Missile in Strikes/Nightfalls?
I love it. I use it a lot. Ran several strikes, Ordeals, Haunted Forest, the new public event on the Moon and Crucible with it last night. Usually pair it with Skullfort for PVE and Synthoceps for PVP.

BigTastyBoi

Jul 23, 2018
You do legendary powerful frames and it doesn't count. It seems random.

It seems to be the bow that's bugged. Happened lto me last week. If you go back to Ada, you can buy another gold bow frame for a modulus report (instead of the usual silver one). Forge that one and it should count (bonus, you get another bow 😂).

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
Flawless solo dungeon doesn't look that bad to be honest. Devour lock seems like the best play for the 3rd encounter, which is the hardest portion of the dungeon. At least when doing it solo. Probably try it today or tomorrow.

1 gift from Kittens McMittens

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from Kittens McMittens Kittens McMittens!

This is a raffle that will expire in 12 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

Kittens McMittens said:
Garden of Salvation jacket code. I'm not gonna use it, so someone here can have it!

MAKE SURE YOU CAN AFFORD TO BUY IT! CODE EXPIRES ON THE 1ST OF NOVEMBER (2 days from now)!

The jacket costs €163.99/$149.99 + shipping.

Use the code to get the jacket here: Bungie Store

or here (EU): Bungie Store EU

Also: make sure to post a picture ITT when you get it or I will remember and make sadface at you.

These are our awesome prizes:

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Also I feel kinda dumb now after deleting most of my 1.0 armor (still have some pieces, but some of them were pretty spicy rolls), I had no idea it was bugged and thought it was intentionally having bad stats to make us move over to 2.0

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
I got my first Garden of Salvation clear!

Unfortunately, the experience was marred by technical problems... I was not getting any loot from any chest. It wasn't going to my postmaster, and I have not seen any new mods unlock, either.

I went to orbit before the final boss and returned to my group. When we killed the boss, I got my triumphs, emblem, and the raid sniper.

So dumb me for not going to orbit after the first chest, but stupid bugs that denied me some more loot.

BigTastyBoi

Jul 23, 2018
So bottom tree striker got a huge nerf, what's the new best titan tree?

I had a play around with a few different Titan builds in the Haunted Forest last night (top tree Solar, bottom tree Arc) and everything seems fun and viable but nothing for me has the utility of top tree void. Defensive Strike is great when shit goes wrong and you need to heal, Ward of Dawn is a great super now with Weapons Of Light and Saint 14 makes it even better (pop it when you're being invaded in Gambit for extra fun, especially when the invader runs in, gets blinded and you punch him into the floor) and sticky grenades with Oppressive Darkness seem to be amazing for boss DPS.

I don't know about PvP but I did once get 9 kills with one bottom tree arc super so I'm glad that's been nerfed.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Is default healing turned off in Halloween forest thingy? I wasn't really paying attention but a few times my health didn't come back. I was using healing rift so that healed me quite often and meant I couldn't tell what was going on.

EDIT - also I'm at a cross roads. Do I use some time to grind out the last 7% wins I need for recluse....or do I use the time I've got to try and get 150 chocolate coins and get all the hats for the Auto Rifle?

I could do both, and get 4 coins per match in crucible, but I'll never get enough coins that way. I think I have to do bounties and chocolate coins in the forest.

Double edit - I seem to have been sucked back into Destiny after a 2 year break - i don't know why.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is default healing turned off in Halloween forest thingy? I wasn't really paying attention but a few times my health didn't come back. I was using healing rift so that healed me quite often and meant I couldn't tell what was going on.

EDIT - also I'm at a cross roads. Do I use some time to grind out the last 7% wins I need for recluse....or do I use the time I've got to try and get 150 chocolate coins and get all the hats for the Auto Rifle?

I could do both, and get 4 coins per match in crucible, but I'll never get enough coins that way. I think I have to do bounties and chocolate coins in the forest.

Double edit - I seem to have been sucked back into Destiny after a 2 year break - i don't know why.
There are some modifiers that prevent normal healing, you have to get an item from the ground to start your healing back. Its a small mote of light.

Status
Not open for further replies.