• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remnants

Prophet of Regret
Jul 18, 2019
After grinding for the last 2 weeks, finally unlocked Redrix's Broadsword. Guns great so far looking forward to checking it out in pve

Ruthless

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Is the Jotuneer going to be available for Bright Dust in 3 weeks?

It should.

EGSWmURXYAIolJp

Ruthless

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
*DISCORD SHERPA WEEK IS ON!*

Starting today and going on till end of next reset week (4th Nov).
Calling all Sherpas to help players with Ordeal NF, Raids, Nightmare hunts, Triumphs, Fabled, Dungeon, etc.

The Bungie Game2Give charity stream event has also begun.

Anyone interested in streaming for the Game2Give charity, can join the Destiny ERA stream page.

We have a $500 donation goal, everyone is welcome to join the group and host their streams during the charity event and try to raise whatever they can.

Thanks to a very generous donation from Kid_Rus, this time we have something very special for our sherpas!

image1.jpg

We have over a dozen of these custom Destiny Ghost Pins to give out

Anyone can be a sherpa, just help people with whatever. Check the various LFG channels in the discord.

Multiple ways to contribute:

Sherpa players in-game.
Giveaway emblem codes, humble bundle keys, etc.
Donate to Bungie's Game2Give charity.

Kalel114

Oct 27, 2017
Quick question. Sorry if it's an old one. Does weekly reset still award 120 Glory points? It would put me over 2100 if it does. Thanks in advance.

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bought the charity Ghost shell. Now to wait until the code is mailed next week!

Been using Polaris Lance to earn parallel progress towards Randy's Throwing Knife and Luna's Howl quests and I'm not sure if it was the scout buff but this thing is an absolute beast in Competitive. It feels like a 2-3 tap depending on if you can get a Precision shot somewhere in the mix.

Quick question. Sorry if it's an old one. Does weekly reset still award 120 Glory points? It would put me over 2100 if it does. Thanks in advance.
Yeah, still works!

Kalel114

Oct 27, 2017
Bought the charity Ghost shell. Now to wait until the code is mailed next week!

Been using Polaris Lance to earn parallel progress towards Randy's Throwing Knife and Luna's Howl quests and I'm not sure if it was the scout buff but this thing is an absolute beast in Competitive. It feels like a 2-3 tap depending on if you can get a Precision shot somewhere in the mix.

Yeah, still works!
Woo hoo! Thanks!

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
after some time i like armor 2.0. it's nice to have that flexibility of being able to slot what you want and change it in your same armor.

I dont even mind the elemental affinities too much. Just seems clear to me you'll need a good set of all 3 elements, then you're covered.

This is not a bad grind on one character, i can see how it might be too grindy for those running three. Also, the exotic elemental affinities are a step too far.

Nov 14, 2017
I thought we were getting a way to transmog gear in Shadowkeep but I can't really figure out how to do it nor any useful information by googling other than how to apply universal ornaments. Am I missing something here or is transmog not a thing yet in D2?
Universal ornaments is the only "transmog" style addition. With armour 2.0, because rolls are limited to stats/affinities and perks come from swappable and reusable mods, and every legendary set in the game now drops in 2.0 form, you have more flexibility in terms of choosing what to wear/grind for, but yeah, no full transmog system.

NutterB

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone on Xbox willing to party up for a couple of Shattered throne runs with help towards the Izanagi quest?

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
Gawd, I feel like a stupid idiot for keep trying to ADS with a shotgun in close quarters. I decided to start hipfire instead and I won my close quarters alot more and my KD rose up.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Of all the Destiny years and metas, despite no Trials, I'd place it in the top 2 or 3 as it currently is. Adding a variant of Trials would make it a clear #1 in my book.
Trials return (preferably Osiris as I like those designs more than anything from Destiny 1 or 2), Fusion, OEM nerf and lower Power Ammo spawn would probably have it number 1 for me too. There's a great variety of viable weapons currently, which is rarely the case for past metas, like ARs, Scouts and SMG all have a role where if you get good enough with them they are very effective. Not just Pulses, HC, Shotty or Sniper, even if they are still the meta. Sidearms are something I never see, but probably for the best given D1 Y3 and D2 Y1 suffering due to them, they usually need Shotguns to be poor to shine.

Oct 25, 2017
Realized today that I'm never going to get Recluse. (Edit: or whichever of the ones that require competitive, I can't keep track of which one is valor and which one is glory)

I just can't subject two strangers to having me as a teammate. It's cruel.

Last edited:

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
What would be the best way to get these arc ability or super kills in strikes for the vanguard emblem?
What class are you ?
Hunter top tree strider is great, since super kills as both.
Warlock arc soul seems good too.
And of course titan infinite shoulder charge is broken as always.

as to where, i suggest doing the lake of shadow in the directory.
Just ignore the strike, and farm the fallen around devs church.
If you are lucky the event happens where many cabal and fallen spawn in the corner dropzone.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
not yet, would it be worth it to buy them?

and yeah starting from scratch.
sorry for the late reply. I would highly recommend buying Forsaken since content wise, it really is some of the best stuff that Destiny 2 has produced.

But first things first, I'd suggest playing through the campaigns if you have any interest in that. If nothing else, it's a good way to get to level 900. The Red War is the first campaign followed by the Curse of Osiris campaign and finally Warmind. Once you're done with that, I'd recommend checking back for any questions you may have on what activities to focus on going forward and generally what to do to get some good loot.

crespo

Oct 27, 2017
I was wrong, you were right. Hush is a lot of fun once you get used to hip firing the first shot.
Yes! Glad you gave it a shot.

Trials return (preferably Osiris as I like those designs more than anything from Destiny 1 or 2), Fusion, OEM nerf and lower Power Ammo spawn would probably have it number 1 for me too. There's a great variety of viable weapons currently, which is rarely the case for past metas, like ARs, Scouts and SMG all have a role where if you get good enough with them they are very effective. Not just Pulses, HC, Shotty or Sniper, even if they are still the meta. Sidearms are something I never see, but probably for the best given D1 Y3 and D2 Y1 suffering due to them, they usually need Shotguns to be poor to shine.
Yep, I only said that with the knowledge that bottom-tree Striker and OEM are getting nerfed (4k+ comp is infested with these), and power ammo is bugged in comp. Adding Trials would just put it at the top, no question, in my book.

Last edited:

Silav101

Oct 26, 2017
I found the mission fairly straight until the boss fight. That was extremely tough. Took us over 25 minutes.
No kidding. Must haven taken me and two blueberries around 40 minutes.

Doing this quest at or below the recommended ilvl of 900 is really, really fucking rough. I finished mine at 894 on my warlock, so it is doable even through matchmaking.

The major difference is that you cannot stay still (due to orbital missile drops, and getting smacked by melee mobs) and need a proper build and loadout, unlike other strikes. Definitely bring a burst dps weapon (if a melee mob is hustling towards you, i recommend a shotgun), and something to potshot the boss at range.

Ramirez

Oct 26, 2017
I did the Master Nightmare time trials last night and man, that was a lot of fun. Wish the game had more challenging stuff like that. Really feels like the grind to 950 was too easy, and once you get there you have like 3 pinnacle sources so it's like ok, what am I supposed to do now? Grinding artifact levels seems silly when it's getting reset at the new season.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
I did the Master Nightmare time trials last night and man, that was a lot of fun. Wish the game had more challenging stuff like that. Really feels like the grind to 950 was too easy, and once you get there you have like 3 pinnacle sources so it's like ok, what am I supposed to do now? Grinding artifact levels seems silly when it's getting reset at the new season.

Grind 980 Nightfalls for exotics/mods/materials, ritual weapons, titles, perfect your build, etc. There's plenty to do aside from grind power. Personally, I plan on putting the game down for a while after next week. Treating Destiny like a hobby takes up way too much time for me and I get burned out quite easily when doing that.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
getting close to finishing that Undying seal. some lame gambit and vanguard busywork to do, and whatever that yet-to-be-released overlord or whatever requirement and I'm done.

Got a subjunCtive with outlaw and multi kill clip, handling masterwork though.

It aint no recluse but it does the job.
Isn't it really weird that Bungie continues to let a weapon completely invalidate any future god rolls you may ever get within the same archetype? That bothers the fuck out of me. Instead of celebrating an epic Subjunctive roll -- a weapon that they put at least some time into remaking a bit for the new year -- it's just an, "eh...into the vault...it's not Recluse so why do I even care?"

Feels bad.

rycisko

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I apologize for the stupid question but can you not run Raids on multiple characters for loot anymore?

I have my D1, 3 Hunter set up where I can switch gear and do multiple loot runs but last night on my 2nd GoS run through I didnt get anything out of the chests.

They finally patch this?

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
getting close to finishing that Undying seal. some lame gambit and vanguard busywork to do, and whatever that yet-to-be-released overlord or whatever requirement and I'm done.
Is the ship for doing 980 Nightfalls guaranteed? I really don't want to find a group to farm them for a ship triumph to finish the Badge. Outside of that I just need to finish the Gambit and Randy's and wait for the Vex thing. The Strike weapon is really easy to do with Delirium, the weapon is really not on Delirium's level though unfortunately, so it's really just doing it for the Seal if you have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.