• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DrScissorsMD

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 19, 2019
congrats, I got there and reset during IB, but I forgot to pick up the recluse bounty first, so I lucked out there as it said I need to get that rank.
I don't think that should matter should it? Pretty sure the ranks are always retro-active as long as you do it in the same season.

Zappy

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
PVP is the best part of destiny and I hope the hints of 2 factions in the next year are true and they finally allow open world pvp. PVE people should be allowed a special server like in WoW where they can't get ganked.

See I find PvP more fun. Mainly because builds are more fun to mess round with builds. You can do some funky stuff in the PvP sandbox. Whereas PvE sure you can do the high damage OHK boss builds etc but its all a bit mundane. Mostly you're just getting a "bit extra damage" here and there. That's really all there is.

Whereas in PvP you can have an aggressive build that can tank damage under certain conditions or a defensive build that can be very irritating to play against and different maps and teams force tweaks to builds and loadouts - so you're always thinking.

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not well versed in what's the best weapons and whatnot in the game so when I got my first Blast Furnace last night it was an eye opening moment. It came with a choice of Drop Mag/Steady Rounds, Feeding Frenzy and Ambitious Assasin. Slapped Counterbalance Stock on it and by the Traveler, it kicks so much ass. I guess this is how Neo felt when he started to believe in his Matrix powers, lol.

I'm not ready to just start farming for rolls on it or anything, I just love the fact I got a cool weapon and the way I got it. Now I want to try out all the other Black Armory weapons and see what they do.

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not well versed in what's the best weapons and whatnot in the game so when I got my first Blast Furnace last night it was an eye opening moment. It came with a choice of Drop Mag/Steady Rounds, Feeding Frenzy and Ambitious Assasin. Slapped Counterbalance Stock on it and by the Traveler, it kicks so much ass. I guess this is how Neo felt when he started to believe in his Matrix powers, lol.

I'm not ready to just start farming for rolls on it or anything, I just love the fact I got a cool weapon and the way I got it. Now I want to try out all the other Black Armory weapons and see what they do.
Nice, Blast Furnace is an awesome gun. That and Hammerhead are my favourite Black Armory weapons by far, the overall aesthetic is so good. I hope next season leans more into that cutting edge, pristine design for the weapons/armour.

Speaking of which, go for the armour too! Also looks great.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
Grinding for the Recluse.
Despite having a distinct aversion to PVP, getting this done via Freelance Survival doesn't seem that bad.
Thought it'd be harder to rank up.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
The DestinyERA Discord is very active and it's really easy to find 5 other people to help run you through older content. There's plenty of us on there that are still catching up on raids and other, older content!

Thanks I'm already in there, Jon got me my early ticket to Era. I just don't check it, I'll try and coordinate something on there when we are ready. My difficulty is I've got two infants so I'm really limited to nights and I have to plan it out in advance.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Despite having a distinct aversion to PVP, getting this done via Freelance Survival doesn't seem that bad.
If you'd been here 1 months ago, it would have been.

That is an excellent roll. Put it on the other magazine perk (not drop mag), slap a Backup Mag mod on it and laugh when you kill some stuff and reload for the first time.

Samaritan

Oct 25, 2017
Tacoma, Washington
Thanks I'm already in there, Jon got me my early ticket to Era. I just don't check it, I'll try and coordinate something on there when we are ready. My difficulty is I've got two infants so I'm really limited to nights and I have to plan it out in advance.
Definitely jump in the LFG channel and mention you want to run some old raids! There's plenty of parents and busy folks in there, so limited game time isn't a big deal. There's even a bot that helps with raid planning and makes it easy for others to join. :)

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It was last season but they made it more achievable at least which is a good thing, I am almost fabled this season after only achiving it for the first time last season.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
It was last season but they made it more achievable at least which is a good thing, I am almost fabled this season after only achiving it for the first time last season.

Okay. I thought something was busted. I'm ranking up almost every win in Survival and it's just raining Season XP and loot.
My power level went up by like 12 into the 940s after only a couple hours of going around .500 in Survival.

lorddarkflare

Oct 25, 2017
Learning to play Titan still, and I gotta say:

The interaction between doomfang and bottom-tree sentinel is pretty absurd.

Like, how is that still in the game?

Abaddon

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely jump in the LFG channel and mention you want to run some old raids! There's plenty of parents and busy folks in there, so limited game time isn't a big deal. There's even a bot that helps with raid planning and makes it easy for others to join. :)
I'll have to get in there myself, I'm in a similar position with a 3 year old so really only get to jump on for a few hours a night.

crespo

Oct 27, 2017
Hit 4,000 Glory and run into PureChill and whoever the fuck aimbot teammate he's with. 0-4'd. Fuck this shit.

*directory* *crucible* *solo queue comp* *play*

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure what is "absurd" about an exotic having synergy with a class? Am I not understanding - is this PVE related?

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure what is "absurd" about an exotic having synergy with a class? Am I not understanding - is this PVE related?
Yeh exactly this. Exotics that have good synergy with a specific sub-class is working as intended.

This is a power fantasy space magic chaos fest of carnage, not a tactical shooter.

Bombless

Oct 25, 2017
Nice, Blast Furnace is an awesome gun. That and Hammerhead are my favourite Black Armory weapons by far, the overall aesthetic is so good. I hope next season leans more into that cutting edge, pristine design for the weapons/armour.

Speaking of which, go for the armour too! Also looks great.
Yes! I love the entire Black Armory aesthetic. I finally fiddled with that whatever-polymer for the armor drop and got both boots and helm so far. I love them so much but statwise they're not great. I'm really beginning to understand the pain of choosing fashion over stats or viceversa. Especially since I have a very good Dragon's Shadow equipped and that effect is soooo useful, I will have a hard time getting rid of it (despite it looking TERRIBLE). Le sigh.

That is an excellent roll. Put it on the other magazine perk (not drop mag), slap a Backup Mag mod on it and laugh when you kill some stuff and reload for the first time.
Holy crap, I hadn't thought of that, I'll definitely try it out.

demi

Oct 27, 2017

This is pretty much what Destiny is about, going for guns to see how they perform and if they feel good in your hands. Then going for "that" roll because you know it can be that much better.

Then comes Dresstiny

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I can't believe Bungo chose all of those losers for the fashion contest over me. Me of all people. Words cannot describe, describes cannot word.

iPlod

Mar 11, 2019
Yeah tbh Bungie has awful taste. I mean did they even pick any of us? For crying out loud we're the Milan of Destiny 2 over here.

(I really want that emblem Bungo c'mon)

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Only like one of the dudes for each of the classes actually look decent. Like, Mr. Dark Souls Hunter takes the crown, that much is clear, I yield to that one. But Hunter number 3? Disgusting. You look like a goober. The first two Warlocks? You look dumb. And only Optimus Prime Titan looks cool of their lot.

Disgusting, disgusting, disgusting.

Is that Jade Rabbit looking helmet on one of those Warlocks an ornament or a mask?

It's from last year's Halloween event. It's a mask, so it's not actually useful. Dude is just wearing it for the fashion contest and then throws it back into the vault.

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
As someone who has (outside of D1 trials) hated Destiny PvP since 2014, can you elaborate?

every map in the new cod is awful and every kill cam i saw last night was someone hiding behind boxes or in a corner... you can hear the footsteps so loud and so far away that theres no point in playing a "rushy" playstyle which just promotes camping... and the ttk seems way lower than other cods... also the spawns are lol

iPlod

Mar 11, 2019
Destiny PvP is a completely different monster in many ways to conventional FPS PvP. I'm not sure comparisons are going to work here since people tend to either love or hate D2's Crucible.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
every map in the new cod is awful and every kill cam i saw last night was someone hiding behind boxes or in a corner... you can hear the footsteps so loud and so far away that theres no point in playing a "rushy" playstyle which just promotes camping... and the ttk seems way lower than other cods... also the spawns are lol

Every map in D2 is garbage, fusion rifles are pre-charging behind every corner, use special weapons the whole match to see how fast ttk can be in this game and spawns are lol.

What the difference. Both are garbo.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Momentum Control seems like a different take on Mayhem, but I'll probably just play for the triumph then bounce.

FashionTarkus

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
I should have won

tiger-release-final-20191025-121736.png

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
As a casual player, I just recently got the Riskrunner SMG and I think this is my new favourite weapon, the way chain lightning just decimates adds. Easy masterwork too 👍.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
If you run a Titan and aren't running the daddy leather jacket chest piece you are automatically disqualified. Sorry.

3937103377.jpg

FashionTarkus

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
If you run a Titan and aren't running the daddy leather jacket chest piece you are automatically disqualified. Sorry.

3937103377.jpg
I love it and I run it but it doesn't take shader very well. especially the new crucible red shader that I love
I was trying to make it work but I was not satisfied.
But I have ideas. I take Fashion very seriously in games lol

Amibguous Cad

Oct 25, 2017
How is everyone using the 3000k-costing glimmer bounties? I'm hardly using them at all, and just buying a bunch of planetary mats/raid banners when I hit max, but I have a feeling that's kind of a sub-optimal strategy.

Status
Not open for further replies.