• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
ilK9vq.jpg

Done!

As I didn't think about running scorch, I took the Gambit Prime route as I was working on Exit Strategy too. Using the weapon for 50 games without the cat was pretty painful, the weapon REALLY comes to life when you unlock this.

I've paired it with an SMG with peacekeepers and the constant switching between reloaded weapons is awesome. I'm curious how this will do in pvp now too...

Really recommend going for this, even if the grind looks so unappealing.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
There's a way to raise the progress of the Wendigo quest? i feel i barely reach 4% on every strike.
Yes, get in a fireteam of 3 pre-set people (discord LFG or friends), load into the Dreaming City strike via the regular strike rotation play list (may have to leave multiple strikes until it comes up). Ignore the strike itself and go over to where the Blind Well activity is. Farm until you're done.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I need to get me one of those. I remember loving it in D1.
the New Light quest "Pain & Gain" from Banshee in the Tower will give you one for free.

yeah Erianas Vow with cat is really awesome
It definitely completes the weapon. That said, as a complete weapon I'm not sure how much I'll be using it outside of content that needs barrier breaking, where I don't want to use something else. For almost all content that needs a big-damage exotic, Izanagi's Burden is the far superior choice and I can put anti-barrier rounds on just about anything in the energy slot. Competition for your active exotic weapon is fierce and I'm not sure Vow does enough to claim it. Once the "new car smell" wears off, I think it too will be valuted for 95% of players. Loving the ornament tho. It looks as cool in-game as it does in the preview.

Last edited:

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ilK9vq.jpg

Done!

As I didn't think about running scorch, I took the Gambit Prime route as I was working on Exit Strategy too. Using the weapon for 50 games without the cat was pretty painful, the weapon REALLY comes to life when you unlock this.

I've paired it with an SMG with peacekeepers and the constant switching between reloaded weapons is awesome. I'm curious how this will do in pvp now too...

Really recommend going for this, even if the grind looks so unappealing.
Nice. It's quite a grind. I'm at 81% so I'll be there later tonight. Love Eriana's Vow. You probably already know, but for anyone who doesn't, If you're in crucible using it, pair it with a couple void chest hand cannon reserve perks and you'll always start with 7 rounds instead of just 4.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Nice. It's quite a grind. I'm at 81% so I'll be there later tonight. Love Eriana's Vow. You probably already know, but for anyone who doesn't, If you're in crucible using it, pair it with a couple void chest hand cannon reserve perks and you'll always start with 7 rounds instead of just 4.
I didn't know that, and was about to take it for a spin in crucible. Thanks for the tip!

VE3TRO

Oct 25, 2017
ESSEX, UK
Managed to get loads of exotics this past few days doing quests mainly. 8 in total. Thought Last Word would be a pain on that ending seeing many struggle with it on console but did it first run. Enjoying the game alot, glad I left in year 1, so much for me to do.

Actinium

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
California
I really don't like the new champion mechanics. Feels like a really artificial way to make artifact mods relevant and those enemies are just plain not fun to fight even if you have the key for their particular lock.

Last edited:

Anton Sugar

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just realized there's an amazing guide to getting started in Destiny 2 right in this fucking OP. I mean, I'm 910 now, but still feel like I'm skipping/missing a lot of stuff. Just wanted to call out Stalker , you're an MVP, thank you!

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
I really don't like the new champion mechanics. Feels like a really artificial way to make artifact mods relevant and those enemies are just plain not fun to fight even if you have the key for their particular lock.
It wouldn't be so bad if more weapon archetypes besides smg, ar and bow could equip those. Also there should be an additional slot for artifact mods.

Half baked.

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
Is this a solid GL? Has Spiked Grenades on it also.
Ipozhct.png
Any Edge Transit with Spike grenades will do just fine although rangefinder/threat detector or auto-loader might be better perks than snapshot sights, best masterwork is blast radius. Rampage is good, so is genesis. Supposedly the moon grenade launcher with spike grenade + some other perk I don't remember is better, but I still haven't gotten the quest for that weapon....

Is void even the go to element any more? People used to want to use void due to Tractor Cannon but wasn't that majorly nerfed?

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Is this a solid GL? Has Spiked Grenades on it also.
Ipozhct.png
What you're looking for for a boss DPS/high-end content Grenade Launcher is an aggressive with spike grenades (+ Field Prep if you get it, but not necessary). These are the options:
  • Swarm of the Raven - you can get it this week via RNG from Iron Banner bounties, match completions via RNG and engrams redeemed at the vendor)
  • Outrageous Fortunte - You can get it anytime via RNG from Zevala/Vanguard engrams and RNG Strike/Nightfall completions
  • Acantha-D XK8434 - You can get this anytime as an RNG drop at the end of Forge activity completions.
  • Love & Death - New Grenade Launcher available from the Moon table thing via Essences. RNG rolls, as usual. This is the most powerful of all grenade launchers when seen with Spike Grenades + Full Court.
Alternately, you can just do Zavala's quest for Windego and not worry about these grenade launchers at all.

For PvP, any Grenade Launcher with Proximity Grenades will do. Proximity Grenades increase the explosion radius of grenades, improving kill chances via splash damage.

Oct 27, 2017
Mtashed's Randy video makes the gun look like so much fun lol. Ive been using dual Scouts in IB lately, which has helped a bit, but man I want that gun now lol.
I would go to the regular Control playlist in Crucible rather than Iron Banner. If you're trying to make progress with the latter then you'll have to make that decision but I went from 38%-to-60% last night and this morning (like 6 games total). Iron Banner is really good for making quick progress with the enemies killed and medals portion of the quest though.

In total I went from 24%-to-60% in the last day and I'm at 91% for the enemies killed and medals part (Glory has already been reached) so I plan on finishing it up in the next couple days but I won't get to play much tonight. FWIW, Jade Rabbit has been my best option.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I would go to the regular Control playlist in Crucible rather than Iron Banner. If you're trying to make progress with the latter then you'll have to make that decision but I went from 38%-to-60% last night and this morning (like 6 games total). Iron Banner is really good for making quick progress with the enemies killed and medals portion of the quest though.
I'm not one to typically call bullshit, but gaining 22% in 6 games is roughly saying you're collecting almost 4% per match, with comes out to 17-20 scout rifle final blows (not defeats; final blows) in PvP where you are also competing against everyone else on the team who is also trying to get kills. That's significantly more on average than anyone I've really seen outside of a couple of streamers. Unless you're playing some potatoes, I'd like to see some of this game play. It must be godlike to regularly get 3.5%-4% per match.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not one to typically call bullshit, but gaining 22% in 6 games is roughly saying you're collecting almost 4% per match, with comes out to 17-20 scout rifle final blows (not defeats; final blows) in PvP. That's significantly more on average than anyone I've really seen outside of a couple of streamers. Unless you're playing some potatoes, I'd like to see some of this game play. It must be godlike to regularly get 3.5%-4% per match.
As I said last night while a bit frustrated I switched to Xbox for the first time using cross-save and had a much better success as far as getting final blows, I was literally getting nearly 20 per match and got to 56%, played a couple matches this morning on PC with the idea of just going for medals and kills but got 2 favorable maps for the Jade Rabbit so I pulled it out and went to 60%.

If I must, from last night (early this morning)...

Booted up the Xbox for some cross-save action and for science concerning the Randy quest...went from 38%-to-56% in 5 games. I was getting about 20 final blows per match so I think I know where I'll be finishing that quest at. Not sure if it was coincidental, the aim assist or what but so be it.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
As I said last night while a bit frustrated I switched to Xbox for the first time using cross-save and had a much better success as far as getting final blows, I was literally getting nearly 20 per match and got to 56%, played a couple matches this morning on PC with the idea of just going for medals and kills but got 2 favorable maps for the Jade Rabbit so I pulled it out and went to 60%.

If I must, from last night (early this morning)...
Do record some and share. I'd like to take some notes. 20 final blows per game in PvP on these map rotations is very uncommon. I'd think even moreso on console.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Getting a string of games with high final blow counts isn't beyond most decent pvp players here, tbh. We've all been there when we've either been on fire or just lucked out with the lobbies.

If they were talking over dozens of games, it might sound weird.

Oct 27, 2017
Do record some and share. I'd like to take some notes. 20 final blows per game in PvP on these map rotations is very uncommon. I'd think even moreso on console.
I'm not very good but you have to create opportunities to get final blows with a scout in this current iteration of the game. I guess I'm either getting better at that or lucky. I use a scout no matter the situation as well but always try and put myself in the best position, I'm not rushing to the center of every map.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Getting a string of games with high final blow counts isn't beyond most decent pvp players here, tbh. We've all been there when we've either been on fire or just lucked out with the lobbies.

If they were talking over dozens of games, it might sound weird.
Sure. Very few people are doing it consistently. If they could they'd be using scouts all the time. Thus, I'd like to see some gameplay as I think it could help me improve my scout play, as I'm pretty good but not really good for more than about 15 per game at best. Might give me some insights into better positioning and the like. Again, given the map rotations which feature maps that are wholly unfriendly to scout play and new maps that people are trying to get their heads around, 20 every game in the span of a few games is a uniquely good run. I need to be able to take notes!

Oct 27, 2017
Sure. Very few people are doing it consistently. If they could they'd be using scouts all the time. Thus, I'd like to see some gameplay as I think it could help me improve my scout play, as I'm pretty good but not really good for more than about 15 per game at best. Might give me some insights into better positioning and the like. Again, given the map rotations which feature maps that are wholly unfriendly to scout play and new maps that people are trying to get their heads around, 20 every game in the span of a few games is a uniquely good run. I need to be able to take notes!
FWIW, last night (on Xbox) I'm pretty sure I had Fragment x3, Midtown, and Wormhaven(?).

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly I'm really impressed. I can carry people to about 4k glory on a good day, but 20 kills with a scout...I'll probably never do it. lol. What scout were you using? Jade? Maybe it's time for me to dust off mine.
Yeah, Jade Rabbit has been easily my best option and I've tried a lot of them (even blues). Knocking out two birds with one stone, the Jade catalyst and the Randy quest. I should be playing now instead of talking about it...but I got a super early morning.

Edit: I just want to be clear, I experienced the most success playing in the regular Crucible Control playlist (not Iron Banner) when I went from 38%-to-56% (on Xbox), then kinda wanted to hit 60% (knew I wouldn't have much time to play today) so I played on PC this morning (Iron Banner to work on a remaining bounty) for a couple matches and did just that.

Last edited:

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm just going to say this to you Dreams-Visions because I saw you say it but didn't feel like responding because whatever.

Talking about Contraverse Hold being up there with one of the potentially OP exotics because I was bitching about OEM. My response to that is this.

No. That's it.

NutterB

Oct 27, 2017
Played 4 solo comp games, and had to personally carry all 4 of the games, and still lost 2... sigh.

Anyone want to party up and get me a recluse?

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
Crimson is the only primary weapon I can use in Crucible and not completely suck. It's honestly like I'm a different player.

Jan 4, 2018
I'm loving this Titan build I'm rolling with right now.

I'm using Middle Tree Striker with:

Insurmountable Skullfort for infinite slams
Hands On which gives bonus Super energy on melee kills
One-Two Finisher which gives melee back in exchange for Super energy on a Finisher (in case I whiff my Slam)
Unstoppable Melee which gives Arc melee abilities stagger against unshielded enemies.

xenocide

Oct 25, 2017
Vermont
So I'm considering investing time into this game, but I'm kind of confused about the Shadowkeep/Forsaken situation. If I buy Shadowkeep do I need to also purchase Forsaken?

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
What weapons or exotics should I have for the Garden of Salvation Raid? I know nothing about it.

My Warlock and Hunter aren't high level enough but my Titan is 947. I don't have Izanagi's but I have a Love and Death with Spike and Full Court.
So I'm considering investing time into this game, but I'm kind of confused about the Shadowkeep/Forsaken situation. If I buy Shadowkeep do I need to also purchase Forsaken?
Nope, you don't need to.There is content and weapons that are locked behind Forsaken but if you like the game and what Shadowkeep gives then you can buy Forsaken separately.

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
What weapons or exotics should I have for the Garden of Salvation Raid? I know nothing about it.

My Warlock and Hunter aren't high level enough but my Titan is 947. I don't have Izanagi's but I have a Love and Death with Spike and Full Court.
Nope, you don't need to.There is content and weapons that are locked behind Forsaken but if you like the game and what Shadowkeep gives then you can buy Forsaken separately.
Izanagi is good for pretty much all of it buy Darci or whisper seemed to be good alternatives.

xenocide

Oct 25, 2017
Vermont

So it's kind of like the digital content for Elder Scrolls Online, where you don't necessarily need it but you can still buy it if you want?

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
So it's kind of like the digital content for Elder Scrolls Online, where you don't necessarily need it but you can still buy it if you want?
Yep, they've decided to make all the content drops going forward purchasable ala carte. A large chunk of Forsaken content is actually free to everyone like Gambit and some other stuff. But the raid, the campaign, some exotics and I believe Shattered Throne is still locked behind it as well as stuff from the first Annual Pass.

It's also doable to just get Forsaken first and if you think that's worthwhile then jump into Shadowkeep.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
This devour voidlock build with a void primary, oppressive darkness, and Nezarec's is absolutely fucking filthy holy shit

Ronin0510

Oct 27, 2017
I'm absolute crucible garbage but I have been able to get crucible quests done for the most part. I never tried for recluse, or mountain top, or that pulse rifle. However in D1 I did thorn, and invective and those were really hard for me. Right now I'm working on the jade catalyst and thought hey maybe doing that will help me get randy.

Status
Not open for further replies.