• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Really enjoying this build atm:

H E A V Y R A I N
iHZk85.png

Code of the Aggressor
-- Main perk: Superior Arsenal: Grenade kills recharge your Grenade energy
-- Secondary Perk: In the Trenches: Kills when surrounded reduce super cooldown (use this to refill super for special ammo regen)

Mask of the Quiet One - gain ability energy when you take damage
Major Resist
Hand Cannon Ammo Finder
Grenade Launcher Ammo Finder

Gauntlets - The Shelter in Place (Star-crossed fists ornament)
Minor Resist
Enhance Hand Cannon Loader
Large Weapon Loader

Chest - Phoenix Strife
Minor Resist
Unflinching Light Arms
Breach Refractor - Grants grenade enerygy on final blows with shield-piercing weapons.

Legs - Phoenix Strife
Discipline mod
Grenade Launcher Scavenger
Hand Cannon Scavenger

Mark - Phoenix Strife
Oppressive Darkness - Causing damage with Void grenades adds weaken effect to enemies
Special Finisher - Grants special ammo on Finisher

-
Primary: The Mountaintop
Special: Eriana's vow
Power: Outrageous Fortune with Spikes

-

Two special ammo weapons get refilled with the finisher and the finder/scavengers.
Throw grenade to kill/weaken, usually fills it back to 90%, take a little damage and we're back.

It's pretty much a constant stream of grenades, both from my weapons and ability.

(I want the Dreaming City legs to replace these, but they'll do for now)

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
If my friend refuses the code I offer him because he wouldn't want the jacket without actually completing the raid (and this seems most probable), I may just give one of y'all a code through a GIVEAWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY. Or if you just ask for it. I don't know yet. Whatever.

Either way, I don't want the jacket.

Nov 14, 2017
Which I'm sure is part of the reason why I ran into so many AFK/macro-using players on PC which wasn't helping folks actually playing the dreadful (after about 3 matches it becomes just, well, awful) gametype and trying to win games. While the gametype is silly there is a small amount of nuance to it.

That said my main point is that I don't know how Bungie can justify removing their version of a traditional team deathmatch (Clash) for the likes of Team Scorch (or whatever). I'm not saying they shouldn't have silly/experimental gametypes but put that in it's own weekly hopper and make Clash a permanent fixture.
Big mood. I clicked on that and loaded in before I realised it was scorch; I just assumed that spot was always clash. Clash and rumble are like 2 basic game types; they should always be there.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
B O O O M

Well, after a combined total of 41hrs we conquered the Garden blind at 3am last night.

Starting with 15 hours under contest getting close to the end of the second stage, across to this weekend to finish it's been a ride. The longest single run was 17.5hrs starting fresh Saturday and doing the Divinity steps before going into the boss blind at hour 4.

I'd make something prettier but it's been a long one lol, so here's some basic rough and ready stats:

garden84j62.png

The last true full-group blind raid I'd done was King's Fall, having done the ones before that, and they were always the epitome of the best of Destiny for me. Incredible gaming experience that stood apart not only in the game but in gaming as a whole. So getting to go in and over the course of two weekends explore, break down and beat the various areas and encounters of Garden has been a really, really good return to something I love. A massive shout out to the whole Potato Patch, Harlan, Magik, Mindlog, Porg and SS_PUPS for everything at the various points and especially fourth encounter. The community persists in being the best in any game.

Going to be huge fun running it each week with the Patch and getting Enlightened. Loved the raid, visually astounding throughout and encounters 1-3 are an absolute blast to run through. After doing them under contest #1 and #2 we were like a hot knife through butter after, and #3 didn't give us an issue coming back to it after last week. Fourth won't be hard to reign in now it's an easy two-phase damage wise, and when it's not the 11th or 17th hour of a run!

A+ Bungo, done it again. Up there with Last Wish and VoG for me, the flow of running 1 through 3 seamlessly is great. Like an extended double edition of Shuro Chi.

Total Loot:
Arms x3
Chest x1
Fusion x1
Auto Rifle x1
Sniper Rifle x1
~ mods

..and the awesome thing is Harlan streamed every hour and is exporting it. So have the entire experience to dip back into any hour of and enjoy the laughs once over.

Had no idea what misery fun would be ahead when I sent this out:

..a week and 41hrs later..

img_20191014_030924e9kov.jpg

Feels pretty fuckin' goooooooood.

Bonus screens:
image16uk2x.jpg

image3f7k9t.jpg

eg2iygexkam5xguxojx6.jpg

eg2i_q_xuaezgcmiekbp.jpg

img_20191014_0309357dk94.jpg

img_20191014_030927itjbi.jpg

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Ha! The Dreaming City legs dropped for me on my last weekly DC drop with Dicipline and void, exactly what I wanted! :D

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would sell your code or give it away to someone. Don't let it just expire. It is a one of a kind item, someone will take it.
Yeah, I'll probably do that. Where should I put it on? eBay? If I end up not selling, I'll do a giveaway here before it expires.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
Really enjoying this build atm:

H E A V Y R A I N
iHZk85.png

Code of the Aggressor
-- Main perk: Superior Arsenal: Grenade kills recharge your Grenade energy
-- Secondary Perk: In the Trenches: Kills when surrounded reduce super cooldown (use this to refill super for special ammo regen)

Mask of the Quiet One - gain ability energy when you take damage
Major Resist
Hand Cannon Ammo Finder
Grenade Launcher Ammo Finder

Gauntlets - The Shelter in Place (Star-crossed fists ornament)
Minor Resist
Enhance Hand Cannon Loader
Large Weapon Loader

Chest - Phoenix Strife
Minor Resist
Unflinching Light Arms
Breach Refractor - Grants grenade enerygy on final blows with shield-piercing weapons.

Legs - Phoenix Strife
Discipline mod
Grenade Launcher Scavenger
Hand Cannon Scavenger

Mark - Phoenix Strife
Oppressive Darkness - Causing damage with Void grenades adds weaken effect to enemies
Special Finisher - Grants special ammo on Finisher

-
Primary: The Mountaintop
Special: Eriana's vow
Power: Outrageous Fortune with Spikes

-

Two special ammo weapons get refilled with the finisher and the finder/scavengers.
Throw grenade to kill/weaken, usually fills it back to 90%, take a little damage and we're back.

It's pretty much a constant stream of grenades, both from my weapons and ability.

(I want the Dreaming City legs to replace these, but they'll do for now)

Can we see your armor stats?

Mango Polo

Nov 2, 2017
The Black Armory box quest being bugged so that no one can proceed with the 4th key is seriously bullshit. Whole lot of people unable to get Izanagi's Burden since New Light launched :/

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
DC drops, ascendant challenges. Some of those weapons are great and the armour is lovely.
Are you saying those are powerful rewards or that they're simply nice items? Want to be clear.

I can't believe I ignored this game for so long. I'm having a blast playing it. Somehow I already put more than 70 hours in the game in less then 2 weeks. I don't think I have ever done that before.
Yesterday I got the Blast Furnace after grinding for like 4 hours and FINALLY got a 916 BF. I couldn't try it much after because I was so tired but I noticed that the base damage its doing to the fallen is less then my base blue 912 Bayesian MSU pulse rifle.

Anybody have any idea why that is?
You're probably mathing wrong. Blast Furnace shoots 4 bullets per burst, not 3. Multiply the damage number you see by 4 for BF. Bayesian by 3.

Apr 3, 2018
After doing nothing but crucible since SK dropped, I'm the proud owner of Mountaintop as of this morning. Had to get ready for work so I didn't get to mess around with it a whole lot, but I never thought I'd get one (due to tedious nature of quest, not glory requirements).

It's been a productive stretch, though I'm feeling a bit burnt out.

- MT acquired
- 2 more resets until Redrix acquired
- 90ish more sniper kills until Revoker acquired
- 30% more medals/kills until Randy's Throwing Knife acquired

Was pumped to chase Izanagi's Burden, but I'm seeing the quest is apparently bugged at the moment? Oh well. Guess it's time to dip into SK PVE content and see what's happening there.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Are you saying those are powerful rewards or that they're simply nice items? Want to be clear.

They are not powerful drops. All Dreaming City rewards are regular drops now. It's the only way to equip mods like Transcendant Blessing, Taken Mods etc so if you want to use them on Armor 2.0 you need to jump in Last Wish or get some DC drops.

noomi

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
can someone explain to me how these universal ornaments/trangsmog systems work now?

I'm not really understanding how to obtain them or if there are any restrictions. Can I make my armor look like any armor in the game?

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Just nice items. Armour 2.0 farming for me, and some rolls at things like Waking Vigil. And mods!

If you run out of things to do, should put DC on your list imo.

Can we see your armor stats?
37 mobility - tier 3
30 resilience - tier 3
37 recovery - tier 3
40 discipline - tier 4
26 intellect - tier 2
40 strength - tier 4

Low intellect because In The Trenches refills super fast enough.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
People selling jackets codes for only $10? You damn fools underselling that shit. We can do better than this.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
can someone explain to me how these universal ornaments/trangsmog systems work now?

I'm not really understanding how to obtain them or if there are any restrictions. Can I make my armor look like any armor in the game?
You cannot, unfortunately.

You can only apply ornaments you've purchased from Eververse. Really sucks that I have a LOT on my ps4 account. I wish I'd held out on ps4 until cross save. ;_;

demi

Oct 27, 2017

Universal Ornaments only applies to Eververse armors and old seasonal armor skins. You can't make a Vanguard armor piece look like a Dreaming City piece.

You can get some ornaments from the battle pass as well.

noomi

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
You cannot, unfortunately.

You can only apply ornaments you've purchased from Eververse. Really sucks that I have a LOT on my ps4 account. I wish I'd held out on ps4 until cross save. ;_;
Universal Ornaments only applies to Eververse armors and old seasonal armor skins. You can't make a Vanguard armor piece look like a Dreaming City piece.

You can get some ornaments from the battle pass as well.

Hmm, dang.... well better than nothing I suppose. Thanks guys.

Also thank you astro for always replying to my questions. Really appreciate that :)

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Madness. Why was Liar's Handshake nerfed but this was left alone?
It was actually impossible before Shadowkeep. They made it so you can shoot and melee just about quick enough to proc both 1-2 Punch and the Peregrines. I fucking love it personally, finally getting revenge for all the time I got boop into a wall when applying Melting.

Solid Dude

Dec 1, 2017
Struggling to collect any gear to move past 900. Vex Offensive, Nightmare Hunts, etc. are not giving me loot higher than 900. What content should I be running?

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Struggling to collect any gear to move past 900. Vex Offensive, Nightmare Hunts, etc. are not giving me loot higher than 900. What content should I be running?
900 is the soft cap. You should now look to do the items and areas marked with a yellow/gold marker from the director. You're on the lookout for powerful rewards, which can drop above 900.

Other sources include drops in the new raid, your first couple of on-patrol Overlord kills each week and Prime Engrams. Look for them on some bounties as well, like the Eris Morn weekly story mission one (you'll see the reward says powerful).

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Izanagi catalyst get!

I just loaded into the daily heroic then decided to just stand in Jetsam of Saturn near where the wizard spawns to the south. Sniper everything, finisher on wizard for special ammo, repeat. I didn't time how long it took, but it wasn't long. Everything spawns so quickly.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Izanagi catalyst get!

I just loaded into the daily heroic then decided to just stand in Jetsam of Saturn near where the wizard spawns to the south. Sniper everything, finisher on wizard for special ammo, repeat. I didn't time how long it took, but it wasn't long. Everything spawns so quickly.
Not sure if you know but if you have a hunter with rigs loading into Shuro Chi checkpoint, tethering the adds on door open and killing them with a gun - the kills count toward catalysts. Wipe and repeat.

Congrats on the catalyst completion! Always nice to add more gold borders.

Orion117

Prophet of Regret - A King's Landing
Dec 8, 2018
Shuro chi is great for catalyst kills. Use tether with orpheus rigs and you can get 70 kills per run just from that first section.

Mr_DyZ

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 12, 2019
The Black Armory box quest being bugged so that no one can proceed with the 4th key is seriously bullshit. Whole lot of people unable to get Izanagi's Burden since New Light launched :/

I'd imagine they'll fix this asap as it's been pretty visible in the sub reddit.

Izanagi's isn't required for the raid though, but it's a nice-to-have item.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if you know but if you have a hunter with rigs loading into Shuro Chi checkpoint, tethering the adds on door open and killing them with a gun - the kills count toward catalysts. Wipe and repeat.

Congrats on the catalyst completion! Always nice to add more gold borders.
I only have a Titan atm, but noted for future... Thanks!

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a trick to reloading izanagi's? Sometimes after a shot i'll load up a x4 shot and other time I load a regular bullet and need to reload again.

Ishmae1

Creative Director, Microsoft
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
Soloing the Shattered Throne for Izanagi is some serious frustration because of the one-death you're out modifier. Ugh. So easy to just forget about a mob and BAM! back.

Although Darkness in the Light is even more frustrating somehow - obviously LL is being clamped because the 750 recommended LL for my 931 hunter is proving to make no difference in how fast everything melts you.

EVA UNIT 01

Oct 27, 2017
CA
Close to 940 for the raid.
Or is it possible to be carried at say 935 if the group is down with it?
Or are you REALLY bringing the team down at that power level?

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

the last group I played with we got to the third encounter and only wiped a couple times getting there. At the third we struggled for a while but it seemed more due to tiredness. I didnt check our levels but they were only asking for 930+ and we were doing fine.

CthulhuSars

Oct 25, 2017

I was pulled through at 932 and crap weapons.

You will do mob control on the last boss and you will be fine. Good luck. Make sure you get the Divinity steps pre raid done. Nothing feels better than popping divinity on at the end.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
imo, encounter minimums if you want to be able to do all the mechanics without sweating for the sake of being low.
  1. 900+
  2. 920+
  3. 920+
  4. 940+
You can take 10 from each I just think it'll feel more restrictive. I'd say being 930+ you'd want to be the exception in the team in 4th.
Have a blast though, absolutely brilliant raid.

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah that's the point. You are putting all the bullets in the clip into one bullet. If you want to do it again right after, holding the reload button down again.

i guess I'm not doing it quick enough. My first shot is The whole clip, but the next shot isnt. It reloads, then I have to combine the bullets again, so sometimes after I shoot I only reload once (x4) and other times I shoot then reload (no buff) then reload again (x4). I was wondering what im doing wrong that when I hold to reload after a shot sometimes they combine and sometimes they dont

Deleted member 18742

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i guess I'm not doing it quick enough. My first shot is The whole clip, but the next shot isnt. It reloads, then I have to combine the bullets again, so sometimes after I shoot I only reload once (x4) and other times I shoot then reload (no buff) then reload again (x4). I was wondering what im doing wrong that when I hold to reload after a shot sometimes they combine and sometimes they dont
So fire your first honed edge shot, then when the reload animation starts, try during the second shot, holding down the reload button again. If you don't do that, you get the normal bullet instead. Also keep in mind, if you only have one bullet is reserves, you don't get the Honed Edge buff.

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
I'm having a much better time freelance survival on PC than I am on Xbox. It's odd. Might be a placebo effect but I'm crushing it on PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.