• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm playing solo. It just seems like nothing ever works out in my favor, like all the game's randomness takes center stage in PvP. I had someone directly in front of me in a match and somehow completely missed with the Wardcliff, while the next match I jumped so high to avoid it I got "Turn Back Now" and got killed. I just don't get it.
I'm pretty terrible at pvp and hate it, but I found it (relatively) easy using a Mida and the One Eyed Mask if you run a Titan? I think Hunters have a cheater helmet that keeps radar up as well? Knucklehead radar or something?

Anyway use whatever you can to your advantage. Use a scout or something else cheap and just hang back behind/with the good player/s on your team. Always stay with your team. It really shouldnt be too hard if you do that. It will take some grinding because you may lose a bunch in a row like I did, but you'll get there.

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think so, I wasn't noticing it earlier from the weapon bounties anyway. But the Moon bounties count, so I'd just pick up 5 of them from Eris and Ikora's then do them in the Vex Offensive mode, gets quite a lot of exp from all them, like 50k i think.

the moon bounties count in vex offensive??? Lol that's convenient

astro

Oct 25, 2017
The season pass AR feels decent in crucible. I have pretty bad rolls, but the base weapon is alright. Talking quickplay modes.

gaugebozo

Oct 25, 2017
What should I be doing with all my armor 1.0? My exotics seem obviously worse, but there's no way to get them back if I dismantle, right?

astro

Oct 25, 2017
What should I be doing with all my armor 1.0? My exotics seem obviously worse, but there's no way to get them back if I dismantle, right?
Keep any that you think you might still use. May as well until you can replace them all perfectly.

Yeah I wish I had a better roll on it. I sharded it right away it was that bad haha
Later on you in the season pass you unlock the chance of more drops for the AR, looking forward to getting a good roll.

Deleted member 58508

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 12, 2019
I'm pretty terrible at pvp and hate it, but I found it (relatively) easy using a Mida and the One Eyed Mask if you run a Titan? I think Hunters have a cheater helmet that keeps radar up as well? Knucklehead radar or something?

Anyway use whatever you can to your advantage. Use a scout or something else cheap and just hang back behind/with the good player/s on your team. Always stay with your team. It really shouldnt be too hard if you do that. It will take some grinding because you may lose a bunch in a row like I did, but you'll get there.
If you feel like you're terrible then I must be the worst ever. I've tried to use OEM/Bottom Tree, never get any kills. Switched to bottom tree sentinel and had much more success. I use GG Hunter more than anything in PvP, as I dislike the way Titans and Warlocks feel. The radar and knowing where my enemy is isn't really a problem for me...it just always feel like I'm shooting a water gun compared to everyone else, on top of getting shot through walls/behind corners. I rarely win duels unless I use TLW which has horrible range now. Idk

astro

Oct 25, 2017
If you feel like you're terrible then I must be the worst ever. I've tried to use OEM/Bottom Tree, never get any kills. Switched to bottom tree sentinel and had much more success. I use GG Hunter more than anything in PvP, as I dislike the way Titans and Warlocks feel. The radar and knowing where my enemy is isn't really a problem for me...it just always feel like I'm shooting a water gun compared to everyone else, on top of getting shot through walls/behind corners. I rarely win duels unless I use TLW which has horrible range now. Idk
You need to put some time in to learn a few things like optimal ranges for each weapon type, map layouts, which weapons suit which maps, maybe even which weapons counter which if you need to switch up vs a specific teams.

You also need to stick with your team and try to team shoot. If you're not good enough to run around making crazy plays, stay together.

Which weapons are you using mostly?

Deleted member 58508

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 12, 2019
You need to put some time in to learn a few things like optimal ranges for each weapon type, map layouts, which weapons suit which maps, maybe even which weapons counter which if you need to switch up vs a specific teams.

You also need to stick with your team and try to team shoot. If you're not good enough to run around making crazy plays, stay together.

Which weapons are you using mostly?
I switch a lot between Redrix/Revoker in kinetic, Recluse in energy, Wardcliff in heavy. I'll probably switch that out with a sword or something and not even pick up heavy since I can never get any kills with it. Honestly the only weapon I've had success with and enjoyed using this season is Redrix.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I switch a lot between Redrix/Revoker in kinetic, Recluse in energy, Wardcliff in heavy. I'll probably switch that out with a sword or something and not even pick up heavy since I can never get any kills with it. Honestly the only weapon I've had success with and enjoyed using this season is Redrix.
You're good enough to get those pvp weapons... you must know everything I'm telling you already lol. :p

(I just noticed you did say you hit fabled before, my bad).

Have you taken some time out maybe (if I take a break it can take me a bit to get back into the swing), or is it just the changes throwing you?

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
The elemental affinity for armor 2.0 and mods is such an annoying restriction. I'm trying to convince myself that I'll be fine just using the general, non-elemental mods since they cover most of the bases, even if they require higher energy armor. Otherwise it's just too much to think about.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
The elemental affinity for armor 2.0 and mods is such an annoying restriction. I'm trying to convince myself that I'll be fine just using the general, non-elemental mods since they cover most of the bases, even if they require higher energy armor. Otherwise it's just too much to think about.
This is one part I don't like at all. I'm actually fine finding the pieces, that doesn't bother me so much (although it's still needless extra RGN on top of finding the right piece with the stats you want...), it's the restriction on perks you can mix that's the real downer.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
3156 glory with hardly playing much. dont see any particular end in sight YET. I thought it was getting more difficult yday, but today two scrub off the bat so SHRUG.

I think I just only got 150 last win instead of the usual 200 so thats new.

also, how would one go about getting the mobility mod?

DrScissorsMD

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 19, 2019
Help a brother out, Destiny fam. The premium pass auto rifle, Pluperfect I believe it's called. Is there a way to acquire more of them, with random rolls? Does it get added to the generic loot pool? I've seen a few different rolls on different players but have only ever gotten one from the pass itself.

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
Help a brother out, Destiny fam. The premium pass auto rifle, Pluperfect I believe it's called. Is there a way to acquire more of them, with random rolls? Does it get added to the generic loot pool? I've seen a few different rolls on different players but have only ever gotten one from the pass itself.

The good news is later in the pass around rank 70 you start to unlock perks where it can drop after strikes, gambit, etc.

The bad news is that the drop rate chance is really poor.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Oh true. A chance is a chance at least, ta
S'how I feel. Gun feels great. I'd like one with better perks so I could invest in it a bit more.

I have auto loading holster that I'm paring with Recluse and Peackeepers. You can fire until you ammo runs out and never reload, lol. Not optimal at all, but it's fun.

DrScissorsMD

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 19, 2019
S'how I feel. Gun feels great. I'd like one with better perks so I could invest in it a bit more.

I have auto loading holster that I'm paring with Recluse and Peackeepers. You can fire until you ammo runs out and never reload, lol. Not optimal at all, but it's fun.
That's one thing I've appreciated about the balancing with Shadowkeep, intentional or not I don't feel as punished for not running what's "optimal". A lot more fun builds. I can't take Divinity off though, I feel like the ultimate support in anything match made or when Vex invade the moon.

Tezu

Oct 25, 2017
Just got recluse!

I lost so many matches in a row and suddenly won the next seven matches. Feels good, man.

ShapeDePapa

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a site where I can track what mods goes on what armor and see which mods I already have? You'd think that something like that would be in the game...

chipperrip

Jan 29, 2019
Has anyone seen more than one variant of vex offensive?

I've done 6 runs and each had identical spawns to the last.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
That's one thing I've appreciated about the balancing with Shadowkeep, intentional or not I don't feel as punished for not running what's "optimal". A lot more fun builds. I can't take Divinity off though, I feel like the ultimate support in anything match made or when Vex invade the moon.
I didn't even know that gun was a thing... been focused on solo Q comp and ignored a lot of this stuff, 'll work on that tomorrow it sounds like a blast! I need to do the raid soon, too...

Just got recluse!

I lost so many matches in a row and suddenly won the next seven matches. Feels good, man.
Now the rest! :p

(gratz!)

shadowhaxor

EIC of Theouterhaven
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Claymont, Delaware
is the luna's calling challenge bugged this week, or am I missing something? I've completed the campaign mission with and without a bounty and I haven't gotten it to pop, and Eris won't give me a mission for it either.

EDIT - never mind, I missed the quest step pop up
So what exactly happened for you? Because I've had this quest since yesterday and there's no quest for me. There's nothing on the map or in my quest log ;(

chipperrip

Jan 29, 2019
Think there is only one variant till final assault laumches on 19 nov.

Thanks.

This is one thing that's often bugged me in Destiny; many activities are performed completely on autopilot.

I sometimes enjoy the "speedrunny" aspect of strikes, but overall wish the same pve activies were more varied between runs.

Status
Not open for further replies.