• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
My friends have been slowly migrating to PC and are now in full force trying to bring me over. I've only ever gamed on consoles but always been curious about PC gaming. It just seems so daunting and expensive that I have zero idea where to start. But I really want to experience destiny on pc.
D2 isn't a intensive game on PC. A budget CPU G5420 /Athlon 200GE and even a second hand (budget?)1050ti GPU can run D2 @ 60fps.

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry if this has been asked before but wanted to know what happens if I've ranked up in the season pass on the free track and then buy the pass/full game. Do I miss those levels of payed rewards or does it give them all or do I start again from the start? Haven't played any other battlepass games and typically avoid them since I get serious fomo that consumes me so not familiar with the system.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Sorry if this has been asked before but wanted to know what happens if I've ranked up in the season pass on the free track and then buy the pass/full game. Do I miss those levels of payed rewards or does it give them all or do I start again from the start? Haven't played any other battlepass games and typically avoid them since I get serious fomo that consumes me so not familiar with the system.
If it's like any other battlepass (and they'd be stupid to do it otherwise) once you enter the paid tier you get everything you would have missed otherwise. So you'll get it all, yeah.

ThatOneGuy

Dec 3, 2018
This meta is garbage. Long range meta is never good and I'm saying that as a sniper. Whole damn teams staying back with midas.
Lol so we've come full circle then. I haven't played much crucible since the dlc dropped since I've been grinding away but that's pretty comical to here. Mida being a huge pain in the ass, ahh it takes me back.

MissCauthon

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm trying to advance in the story, but now I have no more quests and don't know what to do... Eris doesn't do anything ...

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a reason I can't run The Menagerie I did it once and it wont let me back in I own the Forsaken season pass. Whenever I try to join it all it says is players do not have access to this activity. I figured it out the chalice isn't account wide each character has their own.

Last edited:

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hey, I'm having trouble in the Symphony of Death mission (920 LL). Anyone wanna hop in on PC and help? Hit me up on Steam. Same username.

I'd ask on the Discord but the link I was given was expired.
If you're still looking, I can help you out. I think I sent you a friend request (there were several Joekus on there).

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Lol so we've come full circle then. I haven't played much crucible since the dlc dropped since I've been grinding away but that's pretty comical to here. Mida being a huge pain in the ass, ahh it takes me back.
Hes lying, people are only using it for a quest. Hand cannons are completely overwhelming as always.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
If you're still looking, I can help you out. I think I sent you a friend request (there were several Joekus on there).
Thanks but I finally got it. Just pounded the last wizard with rockets and abilities.

But I didn't get a message so you probably got the wrong Joeku anyway. Thanks, though!

ElOdyssey

Oct 30, 2017
Anyone getting randomly micro freezing? It plays perfectly fine then it will randomly freeze for half a second. Getting messing up the flow of the game. Playing on PC via Steam. I updated my graphic card thinking that will fix this issue but still happening. Only happening in Destiny 2.

Rig:
i7 8700k
1660 ti
16gb ddr4

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This meta is garbage. Long range meta is never good and I'm saying that as a sniper. Whole damn teams staying back with midas.
I'm sure it will be fine in a few weeks once everyone has armour and more mods that are better suited for PVP.

Played The Festering Core (new Strike) tonight and thought it was The Pyramidion at first. I thought I had stumbled into some easter egg or something. Really astonishing art direction in it!

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
Divinity got along with this new nasty pulse with this nasty roll.

AAaDdOz.jpg

QlVPkS0.jpg

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
Playing freelance survival, statistically it shouldn't be possible to virtually always be on the losing team, but somehow I'm making it happen

MissCauthon

Oct 25, 2017
I dismantled 3 pieces of my dreambane thing with out knowing I'd need them. And I can't get em back from the collections ..........

Lys Skygge

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
I got Fabled rank in about 3 hours of PvP throughout the week. I just got my Recluse 🙌. I never really tried last season (I only ever played PvP for Iron Banner and Exotic Quests), but I've seen so many here talking about it I just decided to go for it 🤗

edit: counting my matches, I managed to reach Fabled in 16 matches. 4 loses, 11 wins, 1 disconnect.

Last edited:

Dany

Oct 29, 2017
seattle
You have to re-acquire them. Go to Eris to buy the corresponding Essence's and do those quests again.
No I think you can purchase them again right before the mission you need them.

Since the first item is low level, I was able to purchase the dreambane warlock bond at 860 before the final mission

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Why did you guys say heroic story missions are always available on Mars and Mercury? No they arent.

EloquentM

Oct 25, 2017
that raid pulse is aggressive too. rapid hit kill clip is better than blast furnace feeding frenzy kill clip in theory.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
I got that same roll too. Didnt like it in PVE as much - went back to Bygones

Havent tried PVP

Also the 950 nightfall is oof.

LawfulEnder

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, comp is just a completely different experience now. Think I'm gonna hit the 2100 for Randy tomorrow so I can focus elsewhere for a bit though. Then I can loop back to comp later in the season and maybe push for NF.

That raid pulse looks and sounds incredible. All I got this weekend were some arms and a garbo fusion. Hopefully my friends can get a bit more geared up by the weekend for a clear. I'd rather do it for the first time with them, but I'm getting antsy.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
I have friends telling me to look for a 2080 card with i7. I did a quick Google search for pcs with those included and ughhh...
Either your friends really love to future-proof, or they're fucking with you.

You can do 1080/60 with a 1050 Ti and a Ryzen 2600. The Ryzen would actually be a little overkill, but then you'll be able to play a bunch of other games, too.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
Huge thanks to demi for recommending Wizened Rebuke. Thanks to that I was easily able to get by the combat portions of The Last Word quest and now I'm a proud owner of The Last Word :)

Hopefully this gives me a little more of an edge in Crucible.

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Either your friends really love to future-proof, or they're fucking with you.

You can do 1080/60 with a 1050 Ti and a Ryzen 2600. The Ryzen would actually be a little overkill, but then you'll be able to play a bunch of other games, too.

Lol them fucking with me could very well be true since they know I'm unaware of PC gaming. He mentioned that i7 would become the norm with games like cyberpunk 2077 and beyond.

This is a link to a $1,000 build he sent that seems more manageable.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Weird question as I farm Crucible for rank engrams, but why isn't there a PvE equivalent to Crucible and Gambit ranks, but for like, the Vanguard?

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Lol them fucking with me could very well be true since they know I'm unaware of PC gaming. He mentioned that i7 would become the norm with games like cyberpunk 2077 and beyond.

This is a link to a $1,000 build he sent that seems more manageable.

I'd go for the Ryzen 3600X instead of the i5 9600K, but that's just me. They're very similar, though precision boost is a pretty kickass feature in AMD's newest CPUs.

NutterB

Oct 27, 2017
I got Fabled rank in about 3 hours of PvP throughout the week. I just got my Recluse 🙌. I never really tried last season (I only ever played PvP for Iron Banner and Exotic Quests), but I've seen so many here talking about it I just decided to go for it 🤗

edit: counting my matches, I managed to reach Fabled in 16 matches. 4 loses, 11 wins, 1 disconnect.
Solo Que?

Man I need to party up some of you here and get my own recluse. I am not bad at PVP, but I refuse to be the main carry in a fucking game going up against stacks.

I know there is a solo playlist, but would really like to communicate with a team. [Im on Xbox]

LowParry

Oct 26, 2017
It's the small circle to the right of the Survival circle. That's the only mode besides Rumble that you solo queue, modes like Control and Clash you just hop right in.

Ah okay. I'll give that a try. Otherwise it'll be probably mostly survival to get my percision kills, then that classic run.

Kadey

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Southeastern PA
Shut up Shark.

Played a bunch of games today and I have yet to die by a handcannon. Classic is scout central. Played solo comp and it's mainly recluse with pulses and snipers.
Solo comp is fun but it's still RNG with team mates. Classic is bad. It's probably the most sweaty place because stat farmers are grouping up and doing their thing there. Getting to fabled is ridiculously easy compared to previous. Legend doesn't seem far fetched even for average players. People on my list already hit it.
I think countdown hits tomorrow.
I have 7 resilience and I'm still dying to one or two hits from anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.