• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 28, 2017
God Roll culture is a pain in the arse. You just ought to play with things you enjoy and not worry about minmaxing. You'll organically feel out what works best for you, what you enjoy best in the first place.

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
Frankly if you only playing PvE then God rolls isn't really that important. The only time you be chasing god rolls is for PvP or any competitive activity because God rolls provide actual advantage over other players.

Solid Shake

Oct 28, 2017
I'm suddenly really sad we didn't get a scarlet keep crucible map. That place looks cool as hell and is really iconic, or a map on the you know what....

Missed opportunities Bungie...

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
I'm having a hard time choosing which legendaries to keep since rolls are random. I'm not really knowledgeable so I don't know which traits are considered best in slot for example. I have a Scout Rifle with Dragonfly I think it's called, which does aoe to other enemies if you get precision kills. To me it feels good, but if I'm going to put all weapons like this in the vault it'll look like a mess eventually.

Is there a simple guide to best in slot perks for different weapons and armor? Playing a hunter.

Solid Shake

Oct 28, 2017
I'm having a hard time choosing which legendaries to keep since rolls are random. I'm not really knowledgeable so I don't know which traits are considered best in slot for example. I have a Scout Rifle with Dragonfly I think it's called, which does aoe to other enemies if you get precision kills. To me it feels good, but if I'm going to put all weapons like this in the vault it'll look like a mess eventually.

Is there a simple guide to best in slot perks for different weapons and armor? Playing a hunter.

Usually a reload speed upgrade like Outlaw and a DPS increase like rampage or kill clip is best for most primaries. For special/heavies it really depends on the gun class.

Detail

Dec 30, 2018
Genuine question, I have rarely played MMORPGS and have never played Destiny, what does this game involve and what is it all about? What's the core gameplay loop basically.

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
Usually a reload speed upgrade like Outlaw and a DPS increase like rampage or kill clip is best for most primaries. For special/heavies it really depends on the gun class.
How important are stats like Impact etc? Let's say there are hundreds of legendary scout rifles, what makes the best 5 better than the other 50+ for example? Purely the perks?

In the past I saw people praising the ''Better Devils'' hand cannons for example, what set it apart? Stats seemed similar to other hand cannons.

Oct 28, 2017
Genuine question, I have rarely played MMORPGS and have never played Destiny, what does this game involve and what is it all about? What's the core gameplay loop basically.

Shoot shit, get loot which raises your Power (overall indicator of strength), to compete in tougher versions of activities. Ever played Diablo? Imagine that, with guns. And a bunch of different game modes available.

There's a huge world of lore to engage in as well, besides just the gameplay loop. Shooting is incredibly satisfying in Destiny 2.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
The content of the game. This is actually great for the general player base. I'm just once more realizing that Destiny is no longer a game for casual players like myself.
It took like 7-8 hours of casual play to get to 900, which is above light for the start of the raid and gets you into doing most things.

Solid Shake

Oct 28, 2017
How important are stats like Impact etc? Let's say there are hundreds of legendary scout rifles, what makes the best 5 better than the other 50+ for example? Purely the perks?

Impact just means it does more damage per bullet, at the cost of less rate of fire. It's not usually something you pay attention to, instead rate of fire is what you want to go by. For example on PC 140/150 RPM hand cannons are the best because they feel snappy and great to shoot on PC while on console 180 RPM hand cannons are the best because of how it feels to shoot on console, while on PC 180s feel really weird to use.

With the Shadowkeep patch though a lot of weapons types were rebalanced so nothing is set in stone right now as the meta is still being formed.

In general, range is a very important stat for many guns, it will make guns feel stickier because you have further range dropoff and aim assist. Once you get past a guns intended range you'll notice you miss a lot more shots because there is zero aim magnetism to compensate for your aim on top of doing less damage so you usually want high range if possible for many guns, minus scout rifles since their range is already really high.

Stability obviously makes recoil easier to manage, some guns really need it, some don't so it's a toss up on if it's really needed.

Handling is how quickly you bring guns up to ADS, you want to have it pretty high if you want a gun to feel responsive, most people tend to go this route.

Reload speed depends on your class, as a hunter I don't worry about high reloads since my dodge helps me reload quickly.

Honestly though, theres hidden stats on many guns so it's really whatever gun feels the best to use for you.

BigDes

Knows Too Much
Oct 25, 2017
Man I swear grenades did not take this long to regen back in the original campaign, they take forever now.

Which is annoying when you get grenade bounties.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017

Best gunplay on consoles. Shoot stuff, get better loot and take on endgame content with friends.

Man I swear grenades did not take this long to regen back in the original campaign, they take forever now.

There is exotic armor that offers additional grenades and weapons that have the demolitionist perk which help to speed this up.

Tezu

Oct 25, 2017
One thing that I ask myself all the time and didn't find an anwser, is the Hunter's smoke bomb considered a melee or grenade?

I'm doing a bottom path void hunter with the grenade mods on the artifact, seems that can be pretty cool as a support class, so I want to stack discipline as much as possible, but I don't know if discipline reduces my smoke grenade cooldown or it has to be strenght.

Akai_XIII

Oct 26, 2017
One thing that I ask myself all the time and didn't find an anwser, is the Hunter's smoke bomb considered a melee or grenade?

I'm doing a bottom path void hunter with the grenade mods on the artifact, seems that can be pretty cool as a support class, so I want to stack discipline as much as possible, but I don't know if discipline reduces my smoke grenade cooldown or it has to be strenght.
It's the melee ability.

Strength = melee
Discipline = grenade
Intellect = super

Orion117

Prophet of Regret - A King's Landing
Dec 8, 2018

Smoke bomb is a melee ability.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

If it's classed as a melee ability, activating the melee perk in the boxes at the bottom, and used by pressing the "melee" button then I'm 99% sure it will run off the strength stat.

Dakkon

Oct 27, 2017

Grenade CD / Vanilla Post Patch 1.1.4 / March 2018

* 0 Mods: 82s
* 1 Mod: 69s
* 2 Mods: 55s
* 3 Mods: 41s

Grenade CD / Forsaken / September 2018

* 0 Mods: 82s
* 1 Mod: 63s
* 2 Mods: 51s
* 3 Mods: 42s
* 4 Mods: 37s
* 5 Mods: 32s

Grenade CD / Shadowkeep / October 2018

* 0 Discipline: 103s
* 10 Discipline: 93s
* 20 Discipline: 85s
* 30 Discipline: 82s (Same as 0 Mod Forsaken, this is true for Intellect & Strength @ 30 as well)
* 40 Discipline: 68s (better than Vanilla 1 Mod, worse than Forsaken 1 Mod)
* 50 Discipline: 59s (better than Forsaken 1 mod)
* 60 Discipline: 51s (better than Vanilla 2 Mod, same as Forsaken 2 Mod)
* 70 Discipline: 45s
* 80 Discipline: 41s (same as Vanilla 3 Mod, better than Forsaken 3 Mod)
* 90 Discipline: 38s
* 100 Discipline: 32s (same as Forsaken 5 Mod, this is true for Intellect & Strength @ 100 as well)

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
Had awesome fireteams in Strikes last night but hoooooo boy were Crucible and Forges the opposite. I've seen kdr lower than I've ever seen before (sub .10) and Bergusia has been impossible to complete since playing before the Shadowkeep patch.

If they were new players then I really feel bad for them for Bungie just throwing them into the fire lol

ThePrince

Nov 1, 2017
I own base Destiny 2 but nothing else. When I look on the Playstation store I cant find the Forsaken expansion available to purchase anywhere and when I use the in game store I click 'Get it now' and it takes me to my downloads where I can download Destiny 2 and a Destiny theme.

Has it been removed form the store? As far as I can tell there is no bundle available that gets you all content released up until now, the only items available for purchase are Shadowkeep and the Shadowkeep Deluxe Edition.

The UK store if that makes any difference.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
I own base Destiny 2 but nothing else. When I look on the Playstation store I cant find the Forsaken expansion available to purchase anywhere and when I use the in game store I click 'Get it now' and it takes me to my downloads where I can download Destiny 2 and a Destiny theme.

Has it been removed form the store? As far as I can tell there is no bundle available that gets you all content released up until now, the only items available for purchase are Shadowkeep and the Shadowkeep Deluxe Edition.

I'm going to sound really stupid but did you do a manual search in the PS Store to try and find it?

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My vault is full. How do I know what I can and can't reaquire from collections so I can know what to get rid of?

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Did 3 strikes and already 780+ think I'll do them till I get closer to 900 before I start the campaign. I hate being at the whim of rng. I miss my good weapons...

should I delete weapon mods or do I need one of each for them to still show up?

Oct 28, 2017

Not on the Store anymore, you need to go in-game and check the in-game store to buy it. Its the far left tab in the director.

Canyon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
If you dismantle an item with mods in the item, do they go back to your inventory like Diablo 3 gems or are they dusted with the item?

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
So what exactly is considered a "god roll" on drops for armors and weapons?

"God roll" is just a term that means that the item dropped with the best possible combination of perks. What those perks are, depends on the item itself. In the case of weapons, it means the perks make that particular roll perform better than alternate rolls on the same weapon. For a Rocket Launcher, it may mean having the perk that results in cluster explosions. For a Sniper Rifle, it may mean having a perk that has higher aim assist. But in all weapon cases, it's having every perk on the weapon be the best it can be.

For armor, it gets more complex because now you're talking about Armor that's rolled with the best possible numerical stats in the categories specific to the build you want to create (which depends on class, sub-class, and playstyle).

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
As I said doing this takes me to a download page. One of those lists you see when you look at all the DLC you own for a game.
Just looked, and yeah the Forsaken listing is weirdly de-listed on UK/IE storefronts at least.

Here's the US listing for reference: https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0002-CUSA05042_00-DESTINY2FORSAKEN

You're not alone in the issue either: https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/g...network.topic.html/i_can_t_buy_forsaken-xOhq/

Deleted member 28474

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
As someone totally new, I'm really enjoying it (to the tune of 22 hours in the last few days).

The new player experience could be smoother but it isn't so bad. It just throws a lot at you without really making things clear, but I didn't find it too bad.

One question I have is, is it worth buying Forsaken? For content alone? Are the items you get there still good or have they been made redundant?

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
After playing like 50 hours of Forsaken I just discovered that exotic catalysts are a thing.

This game as so many obscure systems. Sometimes you just can't casually play the game. It's either all or nothing.

I'll still play it as usual but I wish they onboarded this systems in the game and guided players so you don't have to spend so much time searching reddit and the internet to understand half of what people are talking about.

I agree. I find the game obtuse as hell in the worst possible way. It's fun and all, but they could really streamline things.

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wait ok I have 2 dreaded ventures with random rolls, but in the vault it does not show the "Random Perks: This item cannot be reaquired from collections" message when I hover over the weapon. Why not? How would I know it's random rolls if I only had one of them?

So how do I know if a weapon is one with random rolls I need to save, or not??

This system is terrible. It should simply warn you/have that message on all weapons that can't be reaquired from collections.

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
As someone totally new, I'm really enjoying it (to the tune of 22 hours in the last few days).

The new player experience could be smoother but it isn't so bad. It just throws a lot at you without really making things clear, but I didn't find it too bad.

One question I have is, is it worth buying Forsaken? For content alone? Are the items you get there still good or have they been made redundant?

Forsaken's annual pass content has some of the more highly regarded weapons at the moment (but that may change as time goes forward with Shadowkeep). Whether or not it's worth it, is hard to say. You can have a great time and achieve everything you want to achieve without ever having those weapons. But if you're a completion or the type of person who wants to absolutely have the best of the best (for competitive or other reasons), then you may find it worthwhile.

If you're on the fence, I'd honestly say just wait and continue playing through the previous content to see if the gameplay loop stays satisfying. No real reason to rush off to buy Forsaken now if you're not absolutely sure you're going to play through all the content and long (seriously) quest lines for those weapons.

Deleted member 28474

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Forsaken's annual pass content has some of the more highly regarded weapons at the moment (but that may change as time goes forward with Shadowkeep). Whether or not it's worth it, is hard to say. You can have a great time and achieve everything you want to achieve without ever having those weapons. But if you're a completion or the type of person who wants to absolutely have the best of the best (for competitive or other reasons), then you may find it worthwhile.

If you're on the fence, I'd honestly say just wait and continue playing through the previous content to see if the gameplay loop stays satisfying. No real reason to rush off to buy Forsaken now if you're not absolutely sure you're going to play through all the content and long (seriously) quest lines for those weapons.

Sounds good to me, thanks!

ThePrince

Nov 1, 2017
Hmmm that is really weird, especially when you said it doesn't even work when you go through the in-game store. Wish I can help you out further :/ Sorry about that.
Just looked, and yeah the Forsaken listing is weirdly de-listed on UK/IE storefronts at least.

Here's the US listing for reference: https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0002-CUSA05042_00-DESTINY2FORSAKEN

You're not alone in the issue either: https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/g...network.topic.html/i_can_t_buy_forsaken-xOhq/

Strange, I'll just wait to see if it gets fixed, if all else fails I suppose I can buy the Forsaken disc. Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.