• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is Destiny Item Manager totally useless for anyone else currently? Constantly get a message saying the API throttling limit is exceeded. I guess it's because too many people are making api requests, still super annoying though

Nov 14, 2017
Technical question: does AA even work? I'm playing at 4K and this game manages to display SO MUCH shimmering it isn't even funny, and that's with FXAA or SMAA. Is the built in AA really this bad? Holy shit.
The AA's limited in that it's only normal fxaa or smaa instead of 2x or temporal etc, but the shimmering is also partly a consequence of the art design and renderer. FWIW I think the fxaa does a better job of reducing the shimmering, and at 4K the extra blur isn't too bad. You can also increase the internal render resolution above 100% if you have the GPU power to spare.

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
Man, is bungie serious with this shit? It's nearly 2020 and the amount of customization in controls is a god damn embarrassment for a game focused on shooting. I've seen more customization in "walking simulators". No deadzone adjustments, look acceleration adjustment, auto aim toggle, or even fucking button customization past presets?

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
I got a Loud Lullaby with Rampage/Outlaw and range masterwork. Already full masterworked it and I'm loving how it feels in PvE. Haven't tested it in PvP yet.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
I got a Loud Lullaby with Rampage/Outlaw and range masterwork. Already full masterworked it and I'm loving how it feels in PvE. Haven't tested it in PvP yet.

It's a Hand Cannon it's not going to do well, especially against JoeDad sitting in the far back with his Jade Rabbit

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just hope tomorrow people can have fun with the raid without crazy cheeses.

Jan 4, 2018
Just did the Scarlet Keep strike for the first time and had to do the whole thing solo. That boss fight took me ages despite being fairly straight forward.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think Jotunn or Peregrine Greaves should be "banned". We don't even know if they are viable strats, and if they are, good on them for pulling it off at Contest level difficulty

Oct 27, 2017
Is Destiny Item Manager totally useless for anyone else currently? Constantly get a message saying the API throttling limit is exceeded. I guess it's because too many people are making api requests, still super annoying though

It hasn't been working at all since Monday. I've become really reliant on it. I hate going to the tower all the time. Hope it gets fixed soon.

LowParry

Oct 26, 2017
Please tell me there's a way to buy back or just buy the Dreamsbane set. Locked behind missing pieces so I can't continue the story. Boooooo!

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Got the new Love and Death grenade launcher that is aggressive frame with spike grenade and full court (increases detonation damage as projectile travels further before exploding).

This optimal DPS.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
I'm so glad we have Solo Comp, can we do Solo QP next please. I will even play it with SBMM, I don't care

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I got a moon legendary HC with Demolitionist and Subsistence and it's my no-reload grenade generator. I love it. The only bad thing is the slow reload speed but I'll try to see if I can use mods to work around that.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Something's been bugging me the last couple days and I can't figure it out. The Nightmare Hunts mention that you need to come in with Dreambane mods to get that resistance boost against Nightmares. But that mod is only on my Dreambane armour and I am not seeing it available to equip on my other armour. So...is it only for the Dreambane pieces (which are all around 860 and I probably shouldn't burn my upgrade cubes on them I was told) or can I actually get the mod from somewhere to put into other armour?

Or does the buff not really matter that much and I'll do fine with all my standard gear?

Also, I want to add, having not touched the Forsaken Annual Pass until it was free in the days before Shadowkeep...there is so much to do. I just unlocked the menagerie and that matchmakes apparently? Is that doable blind or will I let not even know what's going on and let people down?

BashNasty

Oct 30, 2017
Even though I've been playing Destiny from the very beginning and really enjoy the game, half this thread is Greek to me. I wasn't able to play at all Tuesday because of work, but I got in a little play yesterday and a good amount today with my brother. I think I'm at like 838 and I'm feeling pretty good...

Y'all motherfuckers are crazy.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Is anyone else seeing this weird bug that is cutting off the last third of clan names and abbreviations on all screens where the clan info shows up?

Playing on PS4.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Something's been bugging me the last couple days and I can't figure it out. The Nightmare Hunts mention that you need to come in with Dreambane mods to get that resistance boost against Nightmares. But that mod is only on my Dreambane armour and I am not seeing it available to equip on my other armour. So...is it only for the Dreambane pieces (which are all around 860 and I probably shouldn't burn my upgrade cubes on them I was told) or can I actually get the mod from somewhere to put into other armour?

Or does the buff not really matter that much and I'll do fine with all my standard gear?

You can put Dreambane Mods on any armor. The buff isn't noticable enough for me to care.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
You can put Dreambane Mods on any armor. The buff isn't noticable enough for me to care.
I don't have the mod, though. Where do I get it, from dismantling one of the dreambane armours?

That said if the buff doesn't make that big a deal, eh, it's probably fine.

Edit: I spelled "buff" as "bough". I should go to bed.

Last edited:

Orion117

Prophet of Regret - A King's Landing
Dec 8, 2018
I don't have the mod, though. Where do I get it, from dismantling one of the dreambane armours?

That said if the buff doesn't make that big a deal, eh, it's probably fine.

Edit: I spelled "buff" as "bough". I should go to bed.
Those mods can only be applied to shadowkeep armor. So the moon set, season pass set and dreambane till now.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Got the healthy finisher mod from a prime, but I'm not seeing it in my class item mods.

So, yeah. Guess I don't get it.

EDIT: Nevermind. It's a void mod. Interesting.

Last edited:

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do we know if the lectern will expand in what it does and offers ? Right now it feels fairly useless, and I have way more of the materials it uses than I know what to with, or can even carry. Like, half of my mats for it are in the postmasters lost items because the caps for them are so low

You people need a hobby.

Gigz is a twitch streamer

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm just glad all I need to grind for is armor. Most of the weapons just have ok godrolls or weaker stats.

So far, only the shotty, lmg, pulse and gl are worth grinding out for God rolls.

Status
Not open for further replies.