• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

colinp

Oct 27, 2017
As a Destiny 2 owner up to Forsaken (so no Shadowkeep but everything else) am I correct that I can't access the moon at all, including the patrol?

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Yup just played this dude running around hogging truth ammo and diving everywhere killing everybody, look and he's unbroken. At 1100 glory...

Heh and I lost 14 points I think. Dat grading on a curve.

Bungie didnt say it but really they just made glory super easy, at least so far at lower levels.

Also played that nostalgia mission. Cool and all, but Bungie never gives us a chance to breath and look around. So many nagging trash ads. And we get it, you can make a lot of grass and brush now. I prefer the spartan original aesthetic.

Alsoooo wtf is with those weird voices in that corner spawn on widows court? For some reason they annoy me so bad. They make me want to throw something.

LOLZ I just lost 4 glory on a loss. And these dudes were VERY barely better than us.

Edits: I just realized Bungie did this partly to stop matchmaking taking an hour at higher comp. You may face monsters, but you wont lose any glory anyway,

Did the ordeal nightfall at 920, at 909. That WAS an ordeal, but fun as hell. I loved it.

Last edited:

Surface of Me

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Really sucks that exotics in our inventory weren't upgraded to Armor 2.0. Still not sure if I'll ever get rid of my Insurmountable Skullfort with Hand's On and Heavy Ammo finder.

Yippiekai

The Fallen
May 28, 2018
Toulouse, France
I 100% disagree with you. To get shadowkeep, you are forced to pay a certain price, that price is 35 bucks, that is literally the lowest you're gonna get it for, so that makes the price of the product 35 bucks, doesn't matter that it might be bundled with something else.

And again, you pay 35 bucks for Shadowkeep and 1 season.
You can twist it as hard as you can, there are no cases where you don't get the bundle. You can't buy Shadowkeep without a season. Meaning that if you don't take into account the season, your whole argumentation is flawed.

Surface of Me

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They just straight up get rid of the Flashpoint? Seems lame, was nice to have a focal point once a week for a bunch of players to congregate.

AlexTrevelyan

Oct 27, 2017
I knew Shadowkeep wasn't going to be anywhere near the level of Forsaken without all the help Activision was giving Bungie, but it feels like we got a HoW/Warmind/CoO type DLC except more expensive. Really letdown so far, I'm just hoping things get released over time to fill out the content.

Its also extremely shady how they partially killed game sharing with this DLC without warning people in advance. If you have multiple people sharing an xbox/ps4 its even more expensive than before.

Xeontech

Oct 28, 2017
I knew Shadowkeep wasn't going to be anywhere near the level of Forsaken without all the help Activision was giving Bungie, but it feels like we got a HoW/Warmind/CoO type DLC except more expensive. Really letdown so far, I'm just hoping things get released over time to fill out the content.

Its also extremely shady how they partially killed game sharing with this DLC without warning people in advance. If you have multiple people sharing an xbox/ps4 its even more expensive than before.
Wait what? What happened to game sharing?

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Wait what? What happened to game sharing?
I used to buy stuff on my ps4 and let my son use his account on my primary console, he could play everything there and I could play everything on another ps4. Now, he has shadowkeep, but I had to buy the season pass for him with silver, as it's tied to your bungie account, not psn account.

Surface of Me

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

As someone who game shares it sucks, but can't really blame Bungie for people exploiting the systems for free games.

wollywinka

Feb 15, 2018
Does "Gateway Between Worlds" no longer exist? I thought you picked it up from Petra then did a certain amount of Blind Well for your Oracle offering.

EDIT: Just checked again and it was there. It has been moved to the section with the bounties. My bad.

Iucidium

Oct 25, 2017

What you are doing (gamesharing) is shady.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Let all the things unlock.

th

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nope. For being $5 less, there is a ton less content in this one.

It's honestly kind of annoying how much less there is compared to Forsaken. I wasn't even hyped and I was still disappointed.

Honestly the change to armor and such was more substantial than the actual 'campaign', which was short as hell, almost like The Dark Below/House of Wolves length.
Well except actual cut-scenes.

And new levels.

And voiced characters.

And actually being good.

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
The campaign felt about on par with Warmind for me which isn't bad per say (I really enjoyed Warmind) but it does feel a bit short for an expansion. I get it though I can't imagine it was easy for Bungie splitting off from Activision and still having to put out an expansion for this year without support from other studios.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
The campaign felt about on par with Warmind for me which isn't bad per say (I really enjoyed Warmind) but it does feel a bit short for an expansion. I get it though I can't imagine it was easy for Bungie splitting off from Activision and still having to put out an expansion for this year without support from other studios.
Not just that, it's long form storytelling that you will expand through the raid, the vex offensive the dungeon and upcoming seasons. The days of blowing your load in one and done 8 hour campaign are over especially if you want to keep an engaged audience see the Mara sov vignettes from Forsaken and invitations of the nine for drifter.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not just that, it's long form storytelling that you will expand through the raid, the vex offensive the dungeon and upcoming seasons. The days of blowing your load in one and done 8 hour campaign are over especially if you want to keep an engaged audience see the Mara sov vignettes from Forsaken and invitations of the nine for drifter.
I think D3 will wrap up the Pyramid bois.

I think whatever expansion we get will wrap up Queen/Savuthon.

Soggoth

Oct 29, 2017
User Banned (1 day): inappropriate language, prior infraction for the same behaviour
Played 750 Nightfall all evening yesterday and had a blast (no exotic though). Why the hell do they disable matchmaking in Nightfall over 900 light. Such retarded decision.

Surface of Me

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think D3 will wrap up the Pyramid bois.

I think whatever expansion we get will wrap up Queen/Savuthon.

Yeah, with the introduction of the pyramid bois it's hard to think of what they could do to make a bigger threat than them. They've been teased as the Darkness' version of Guardians for so long it would be a total ass pull to try to one up then with a new race, or an existing race rising up again or some shit. Red Legion is done, the Fallen are as sparse as ever, Hive lost one of their big bads and after Savathun that'll be two. Vex just doing what they do. The pyramid ships are set up for the big bads, so yeah probably for D3. Even then though, it's hard to imagine them supporting D3 as long as D2 while keeping the story and lore interesting.

Surface of Me

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man when I'm just a little bit away from getting a new season pass reward my brain just devolves and gives in to the skinner box.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
Played a game of gambit prime, no idea wtf is going on... aren't there like tutorials or some shit for this?
Yeah same here. This game doesn't tell you squat.
I just started playing this game yesterday and have no idea what I'm doing.
It all seems so strange and unfocused.

Surface of Me

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Played a game of gambit prime, no idea wtf is going on... aren't there like tutorials or some shit for this?

Yeah same here. This game doesn't tell you squat.

It's essentially a Firefight vs. game. Two teams of four spawn on identical, but separate maps. The main objective is to kill as many enemies as fast as possible, enemies will drop motes(the bright triangles that pop out), pick those up. You put motes in the bank(which is the glowy capsule/tower near where you spawned) to gain progress. Die and you lose any motes you are holding if you haven't put them in the bank. Bank 100 motes and you summon a primeval, the boss of the round. Kill your primeval first to win. That's the basics.

The next layer is the PvP aspect. The motes you bank will summon enemies to the the other team's side to stop them from banking their motes. 5 is a little enemy(easy), 10 is a medium enemy, 15 is a large enemy(difficult). There are also invasions, starting at 25 motes in the bank, a portal will open up to spawn 1 player at a time to the other side, to kill the enemy team. It's similar to Dark Souls invasions in a way. Invader's get wall hack and an over shield. You invade and can get invaded. During the primeval phase, if an Invader kills you or one of your team, the primeval will heal some health.

It's one of my favorite game modes, sucks to hear that it doesn't properly introduce new light players(tbh it never did, I just follow the game's news). Hope this helps.

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Watch a video. Yeah the game sucks at telling you enough to really know what youre doing. It only takes a few rounds to get the hang of it though.

Basically you go kill bad guys. Bad guys drop motes. You pick up the motes and put them (bank them) into the contraption in the center area. Once your team puts in enough, a boss comes. Youre racing against another team to bank those motes then kill the boss. Theres a little more to it but thats the gist.

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
Did they mention that Shadowkeep was a smaller content in the ViDocs or anything? I don't recall.

So far the campaign seems like busy work with a very minimal story connecting it.

I'm hoping the new activity of the Vex thing is fun...

With my luck it will not have matchmaking or something.

EDIT: Also, even after playing Forsaken and the Gambit Season the Onboarding of the new stuff was abysmal. Just a little blimp saying to go to the moon and that's it. Not a great experience.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Did they mention that Shadowkeep was a smaller content in the ViDocs or anything? I don't recall.

So far the campaign seems like busy work with a very minimal story connecting it.

I'm hoping the new activity of the Vex thing is fun...

With my luck it will not have matchmaking or something.

EDIT: Also, even after playing Forsaken and the Gambit Season the Onboarding of the new stuff was abysmal. Just a little blimp saying to go to the moon and that's it. Not a great experience.

Yes, in many many press releases and blogs. Rise of Iron+ was the moniker used.

Agreed on the onboarding, very poor.

Seems to be on the youtubers.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Do tier 1 Powerful Gear soft cap at 905? Did the new Nightfall one and it dropped 5 levels lower than my rank.
Speaking of the new Nightfalls, they seem really good for getting Catalysts, got 2 in 5. They can drop Nightfall exclusive loot too.

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
Yes, in many many press releases and blogs. Rise of Iron+ was the moniker used.

Agreed on the onboarding, very poor.

Seems to be on the youtubers.

Okay, but not on the ViDocs?

I'm thinking if I missed it on the material I did watch regarding this because I had no idea it was supposed to be smaller.

I wonder if next year we will get a big expansion then. With gear refresh and stuff.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
I just want to be at home playing.

I missed out on Forsaken+ so I have a ton of content to catch up but I am just taking my time and picking at it slowly but surely.

Absolutely no need to rush.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Looking at streams and all I see are people grinding old content still :s
A lot of the new content has not been released yet.

Destiny 2 has had 3 years worth of content amassed.

On top of this, they are fucking streamers, the outstrip content for a living and probably grinding to get raid ready.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Changing world drops to be actually useful is one of the greatest changes they've ever made

Status
Not open for further replies.