• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solid Shake

Oct 28, 2017
This is ridiculous, I'm just gonna Netflix and chill.

spongebob.jpg

Nov 14, 2017
Gotta be a better solution than asking someone to spend an hour downloading again.
It's a steam thing. Sometimes it just breaks while downloading stuff. I sometimes get it where stuff stays in my download list forever with 0 to download, or stuck updating workshop content. Steam has always been like that, honestly I wish they'd nail down and fix those niggling little download bugs over a library UI update.

Oct 27, 2017
Piss off the folks who bought the expansion, give the new players who just wanted to test the waters for the first time a bad taste in their mouths...yep, no reason for a staggered release...no one saw this clusterfuck coming from a mile away (besides, well, anyone who actually gave it the tiniest bit of thought).

It doesn't matter because the servers are still down or at least Bungie hasn't said anything about bringing them back up from maintenance.

I just got to orbit from the character select screen only to be kicked back out immediately.

Fadewise

Nov 5, 2017
There are now 4 variants for the Nightfall Strike, 2 of them (the lower ones) have matchmaking.

The Vanguard activities in the director are just a mess now. I don't understand why we need to have 3 different ways to start a strike, one of which has 4 difficulty modifiers but no playlist selection, one of which is the weekly Nightfall playlist with NO difficulty selection (will 5 of Swords modifiers still work on those?) and then the plain Strikes. They should have taken this opportunity to just make a single Strike node with difficulty modifiers that range from regular Strikes up through the highest tier of the new Ordeal modifiers. It really just speaks to how haphazardly Bungie maintains legacy content in this game, and how duct-taped together so many components of it are. They can't even decide on a standard naming scheme for difficulty tiers: Adventures and story missions have regular vs Heroic, Leviathan raids have regular vs Prestige, Y2 raids have nothing, and now Ordeal Nightfalls have Adept, Hero, Legend, Master. I don't mind them redoing these types of things to tweek the experience as the game evolves, but they need to devote the resources to go back and make the old stuff consistent. As it is, new players are going to have no sense that Master is really the same as Prestige or Heroric (if they even are, relative to each other). They need to just decide on one scale (Novice, Adept, Hero, Legend, Master) and apply it across the board, and then make matchmaking available at the lower ends of the tier but not the higher ones.

Last edited:

J-Wood

Oct 25, 2017
Watch their Twitter everyone. There has not been a notice that shit is back online so no point in trying.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
I want to start a new character but I also don't want to get all these old quests to be completed hm

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
The Steam preload experience for this was not great, so I just uninstalled it to do a normal download assuming I won't need a ton more space to unpack the game.

Fadewise

Nov 5, 2017
Man this is SUCH a complicated launch - I think it's a good idea to cut Bungie some slack here. Changing to Steam, cross saves, expansion, etc. This isn't just a PC update - it's a complete replatforming.

Seconding this; it's always easy to tell the people who don't work in IT with how they react to the notion that nothing should or will ever go wrong on large scale deployments, and questioning why issues weren't anticipated. No amount of QA and testing can ever compare to having hundreds of thousands of people bang at every nook and cranny of your software at launch.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
For those of you who finally got in the game, what platform are you on?

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I keep getting back on the queue :( Up 5k already :(

Status
Not open for further replies.