• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlankCanvas23

Jan 24, 2018
Just curious, I started Forsaken, didn't get very far, and now have Shadowkeep. Will I have to go through all of Forsaken to get to Shadowkeep content?

Navid

Oct 26, 2017
Should be. Don't have a link handy, but the website shows it's free now. If you can't get it on the store on the system itself, try to "buy" it on the website.
Ah, I kept looking for a Destiny 2 New Light entry on the store... didn't know they had just updated the vanilla Destiny 2 store page.

Oct 26, 2017
Virginia, US
I have question regarding cross save. So I own forsaken and Shadowkeep on both Xbox One and PS4 as well as purchased the Shadowkeep season pass on both consoles. When I do cross save on the website it says on the Xbox One I don't have the entitlements to forsaken and Shadowkeep. Do I have to log in to Destiny 2 on Xbox One first so that the entitlements come up on the cross save website?

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Holy hell at all the changes lol. I mean I knew it was going to be big, but this feels like they reworked everything. Its definitely going to take some getting used too lol.

StefanShepard

Feb 9, 2018
Finally I can play around with all the new Hunter and Titan supers from Forsaken.
Also awesome that Bungie ditched the silent protagonist thing completely now. I thought Forsaken was just an exception but here it is...my guardian talking to Eris Morn. :)

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
Its so sick that Amanda has all the legacy campaigns if you want to play through them. Awesome shit.

Dr ChadMan

Oct 25, 2017
almost there

IMG_20191002_040429.jpg
Where do you track this in game at?

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Ah, I kept looking for a Destiny 2 New Light entry on the store... didn't know they had just updated the vanilla Destiny 2 store page.
Yeah, the New Light stuff is a little confusing. I thought they were basically renaming the core game to Destiny 2: New Light, but you can hardly see the New Light title anywhere lol.

Its so sick that Amanda has all the legacy campaigns if you want to play through them. Awesome shit.
Wait, what? Can we finally replay campaigns as we wish?

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finally I can play around with all the new Hunter and Titan supers from Forsaken.
Also awesome that Bungie ditched the silent protagonist thing completely now. I thought Forsaken was just an exception but here it is...my guardian talking to Eris Morn. :)
WHAT THE FUCK

WAIT WHAT
WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK

MEGATON OH MY GOD GUYS I AM SO HAPPY FUCK ME

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
Yeah, the New Light stuff is a little confusing. I thought they were basically renaming the core game to Destiny 2: New Light, but you can hardly see the New Light title anywhere lol.

Wait, what? Can we finally replay campaigns as we wish?

I'm not sure if they are replayable or if they are only there one time but when you go to her she has 3 different campaigns you can start "The Red War" etc.

Arrrammis

Oct 25, 2017
So... Anyone got to a place where there's no place to progress the main quest?
Finished the Anguish part, the quest says to figure out something with eris Morn, but there's no marker on any map, and talking to her does nothing related tot eh quest.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure if they are replayable or if they are only there one time but when you go to her she has 3 different campaigns you can start "The Red War" etc.
Ah, gotcha. I'll have to mess with that sometime, thanks for the heads-up. Really hope we can finally replay them just to go back through their stories. I miss that from the first game.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
First mission done.

Damn... horror/sci-fi is my favourite mix of genres, and the moon was my favourite area in D1. They've REALLY nailed the atmosphere here. The music, visuals, tone... the writing is standard Bungie but the excellent VA delivery sells it.

When you turn that corner and see "it" after heading below.... damn, this is going to be good.

- My Multikill Clip / Rapid Hit Spare Rations still feels amazing to use, even if the drop off is felt a little.
- Red bars are still getting crit one shot.
- Recluse still feels a bit silly...

I also already managed to snag the first Armour 2.0 mix I wanted to work on:

i7go4H.png

yea. It just hard freezes, then crashes. Sometimes at "connecting". Sometimes at the "CROSS SAVE READY?" accept or return to main menu dialog. I can get no farther.
I really hope it resolves soon mate <3

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
Can't land in the Tower and got booted from the Crucible matchmaking.

:/ Guess I'll buy Shadowkeep tomorrow.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
Ah, gotcha. I'll have to mess with that sometime, thanks for the heads-up. Really hope we can finally replay them just to go back through their stories. I miss that from the first game.

Same. I loved that. I was trying to replay them before Shadowkeep came out and didn't know it was going to reset my progress but I'm cool with that as long as I can play them separate. We can now play them in any order we want as well. I really hope they are replayable.

Ragarra

Oct 25, 2017
So I have been out of D2 for a while do they have a quest to get us back to 750? Or when I login will I just be 750?

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
Any time you take a break from this game and come back you suddenly remember how good the game looks, sounds and feels to play. Damn the Moon is gorgeous in 4k.

So I have been out of D2 for a while do they have a quest to get us back to 750? Or when I login will I just be 750?

You will be 750 ready to start the new expansion. You can also go back and complete the prior campaigns as you wish when you visit Amanda.

F-Pina

Nerd Monkeys
Verified
Nov 3, 2017
Lisbon
I think more people are jumping in the servers. Keep getting booted out of the tower. An hour ago was playing just fine.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
Yea the servers are shitting themselves right now. I don't want to start the campaign and then get non stop booted.

Ragarra

Oct 25, 2017
Any time you take a break from this game and come back you suddenly remember how good the game looks, sounds and feels to play. Damn the Moon is gorgeous in 4k.

You will be 750 ready to start the new expansion. You can also go back and complete the prior campaigns as you wish when you visit Amanda.

Excellent, thanks!

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
For some reason, I see the Last Call campaign's icon appear on the map of Tangled Shore. I was pretty sure I had finished the campaign in its entirety... Does this mean progress has been reset?

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
No, never. Just emotes and skins.

The walking tank in The Divide? Shoot an (intact) leg until it breaks and the machine collapses exposing its core. Shoot glowing core. Repeat.

Is shooting aliens or other players not fun? How about blowing them up with fucking space magic? I don't think it's the game for you if the manner in which a number increases is more important than the gameplay.

The level of an item is secondary to its archetype and stats and perks.

Because instead you take small steps from 750. A number is a number, so they could've reset it to 10 or 0 and had it take the same amount of time, but that would have been weird for the existing players who were mostly already at 750.

Thanks for the info man!

Status
Not open for further replies.