• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cmdrshepard

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
You only need PS+/XBL for matchmade activities - so strikes (3 player co-op), crucible (PVP), gambit etc... All camapigns and destinations do not require + reagrdless if you do them with other people or not because they are not matchmade.

i haven't played since Forsaken launched. I played a tiny bit of it. I think i might be better making a new guardian but the thought of having to go through all that again is off putting.
You don't have to - everyone that is starting fresh only has to do a basic new intro for new light and then you jump in at 750 power and can start doing just new content if you so wish.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
You only need PS+/XBL for matchmade activities - so strikes (3 player co-op), crucible (PVP), gambit etc... All camapigns and destinations do not require + reagrdless if you do them with other people or not because they are not matchmade.

You don't have to - everyone that is starting fresh only has to do a basic new intro for new light and then you jump in at 750 power and can start doing just new content if you so wish.
oh nice i might do that then. thanks

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
There is a new quest chain that introduces players to Destiny 2 starting with the first mission of D1 and then you go to the tower, meet the characters, drop down into the EDZ and do a few quest points and then you can start the red war campaign and others as normal.
So the Tower in New Light is now the first Tower which than will be attacked by the Cabal? And the Red War campaign starts after you have already met Devrin?

oberjin

Oct 31, 2017

Thanks. So it's not really a F2P game.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

cmdrshepard

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
So the Tower in New Light is now the first Tower which than will be attacked by the Cabal? And the Red War campaign starts after you have already met Devrin?
No the tower in the New light section is the current tower - i don't how they transition it yet but you go to the EDZ and do some requirements as part of the new quest intro/tutorial chain and then you unlock red war.

Thanks. So it's not really a F2P game.

Well it is... There is tons of content to do regardless of PS+. We are only going off previous requirements and New Light might change those requirements. I find it a little harsh to say that it is not a F2P game when there is tens of hours of content being given away for free.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
So, when does New Light appear? Cannot see it on the Xbox Store at all. I thought it was 1st October?

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Why are you this way

th

Verano

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
alright see you guys in less than 8hrs from now.
I hope BUngie is ready for a huge influx of blue berries..

Mockerre

Story Director
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
One off sadly :( Maybe one day

There is a new quest chain that introduces players to Destiny 2 starting with the first mission of D1 and then you go to the tower, meet the characters, drop down into the EDZ and do a few quest points and then you can start the red war campaign and others as normal.

Missed a trick there. Any chance Cosmodrome is a second Shadowkeep zone a'la Dreaming City?

Brutal Deluxe

Oct 29, 2017
Looking through all the stuff that comes free with New Light and noticed Menagerie is there.
Can someone tell me if you can start this with a 4 person fireteam or is it the usual 3 man limit?

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
For someone who played Destiny 1 but not 2, will out Destiny 1 characters be there or do we start from scratch?

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
It's funny, since the announcement I've mainly been excited at the chance to go back in and do the year 1 and 2 story etc...

After reading the last few posts I'm now actually most excited to see how on earth they're going to transition new players into all the story beats....and what will they do with players like me that beat the campaign. Or beat campaign and year 1 but not year 2?

Does everyone get a slightly new intro in new light?

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
For someone who played Destiny 1 but not 2, will out Destiny 1 characters be there or do we start from scratch?
You get an option to import your character but it's mainly cosmetic. None of your weapons or armour come across.

The only new thing you get are some banners in D2 to show what you did in D1 (e.g. moments of triumph banners).

So unless you hated how your character looked, I would just import them.

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
So, when does New Light appear? Cannot see it on the Xbox Store at all. I thought it was 1st October?
I've read something about 6 pm BST ? Not sure if it was confirmed though.
Ahh ok. Was hoping for a preload or something. Nevermind!
I was hoping for a New Light preload too. It's nowhere to be found on the Xbox store. If it gets available late today in Europe I won't be able to play it today :(

Orion117

Prophet of Regret - A King's Landing
Dec 8, 2018

Orso

Oct 28, 2017
I often times prefer Myelin's succinct style to Byf,

Byf is cool dude, but his lore persona is just oo verbose lays it on proper thick too.
Yeah i've never really liked Byf, I mean he clearly puts a lot of work in his videos, but there's just something about him that annoys the hell out of me. I think there was a video of his a while ago where he said something along the lines of 'I think i'm the first person to address this theory, so if anyone else mentions it, they got it from me' or something to that effect and it rubbed me the wrong way. Although there's a good chance i've exaggerated that in my head over time.

And like you said he really lays it on thick with his voice.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
I skipped Forsaken due to personal issues so I am jumping back in and starting with that.

I can't imagine it will take long for me to want to play Shadowkeep but I think Forsaken will last me a good chunk of time to start with.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
Super excited to pull a late ass night tonight playing Destiny 2 like the old days. When Forsaken came out I was working Freelance so I could push it late and wake up late the next day but I work a 9-5 in a games studio now so got to at least get a few hours sleep tonight.

I wonder how tough it'l be to get Raid Ready in 4-5 days. I can't wait to go back to the Black Garden and see what darkness has found its way there now.

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

cmdrshepard

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Super excited to pull a late ass night tonight playing Destiny 2 like the old days. When Forsaken came out I was working Freelance so I could push it late and wake up late the next day but I work a 9-5 in a games studio now so got to at least get a few hours sleep tonight.

I wonder how tough it'l be to get Raid Ready in 4-5 days. I can't wait to go back to the Black Garden and see what darkness has found its way there now.
I think it will be pretty easy to get raid ready with even 3-4 hours daily in the lead up to Saturday TBH. It sounds like gear up to 900 will be easy to get, especially if you just token your way there before you even start the campaign and grind out some early power rewards after the campaign to try and get to at least 925.

Will they unlock all subclasses for new players starting with shadowkeep?
If you own shadowkeep you get the forsaken subclasses. From the videos i have seen all subclasses are unlocked after the D1 tutorial mission.

Djredline

Chicken Chaser
Oct 26, 2017
Hoping those of us with 3 characters already can do the cosmodrome mission without having to delete and start over. Need the khovostov in my collections

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
I think it will be pretty easy to get raid ready with even 3-4 hours daily in the lead up to Saturday TBH. It sounds like gear up to 900 will be easy to get, especially if you just token your way there before you even start the campaign and grind out some early power rewards after the campaign to try and get to at least 925.
Are we looking at 925 being the min power for the raid? That seems fairly attainable tbh. I'm aiming for at least 5 hours a night, pushing 6-7 if I want to go to midnight or beyond after work.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Free version isn't available yet, right? I'm searching on the Xbox store and the only free thing for me is the trial still.

Status
Not open for further replies.