• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 1589

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna wait to test the F2P version first before taking the plunge. All I've finished is the main game, so it looks like there's a lot of free content I can peruse for now.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The only thing louder than Destiny intros screens is the escape intro from Gears 5.

Shit's loud yo.

Ruthless

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Bungie's recent PSA tweets about known issues has something that is very confusing:

I have Shadowkeep digital deluxe on Steam, but normal Shadowkeep on PS4.

Does this mean I have to log in from steam first, so that the deluxe edition can be applied to my cross save character?

I'm skeptical that logging in on PS4 first might screw up the season pass from the deluxe for my account.

Initially I thought by other chars they mean non-cross saved accounts, but now I'm not so sure.

To be safe, anyone else in a similar situation (owning deluxe on one platform and normal on another), best to log in on the deluxe platform first.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Bungie's recent PSA tweets about known issues has something that is very confusing:

Does this mean I have to log in from steam first, so that the deluxe edition can be applied to my cross save character?

I'm skeptical that logging in on PS4 first might screw up the season pass from the deluxe for my account.

Initially I thought by other chars they mean non-cross saved accounts, but now I'm not so sure.

To be safe, anyone else in a similar situation (owning deluxe on one platform and normal on another), best to log in on the deluxe platform first.

I think it's the other way around. If you own the season pass on one platform, whichever account (set of characters) logs in on that platform first will be the one that is entitled to the seasons.

Season purchases are cross-platform.

Ruthless

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I think it's the other way around. If you own the season pass on one platform, whichever account (set of characters) logs in on that platform first will be the one that is entitled to the seasons.

Season purchases are cross-platform.

This is what they had communicated but this tweet mentions character, not account. I don't have any other characters other than my 3 cross saved ones. But this is still confusing and to be safe I would advise logging first onto the platform where you own the deluxe/season pass.

Owlowiscious

Oct 27, 2017
ok, so no matter what your past is (nothing, d2, d2 and season pass)

1. you need to buy shadowkeep?

after that's dealt with, if you had last year's annual pass, you get free season things up to season 11? but

2. is season 11 equivalent to the shadowkeep deluxe edition season pass?
2a. do i want to/should buy the deluxe if i had the previous season/annual pass?

3. can i do any of the prep stuff in the next ? hours before oct 1st, including patching the game? lol

cmdrshepard

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017

I believe what this means is that if you currently do not have cross save enabled and essentially are running two seperate save states (eg: like before cross save) then if you buy DD edition on PC and then buy normal shadowkeep on PS4, if you log in on PC, that account with the PC characters will be tied to the seasons provided in the DD edition. If you decide to then activate cross save and keep your PS4 characters and start playing on PC, you will not have the DD seasons that were provided because they were tied to the PC characters save state which is now inactive.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
This is what they had communicated but this tweet mentions character, not account. I don't have any other characters other than my 3 cross saved ones. But this is still confusing and to be safe I would advise logging first onto the platform where you own the deluxe/season pass.

"Set of characters" is how they've defined accounts since they announced cross-save because you can't merge. But sure, be safe. No issue with that.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I believe what this means is that if you currently do not have cross save enabled and essentially are running two seperate save states (eg: like before cross save) then if you buy DD edition on PC and then buy normal shadowkeep on PS4, if you log in on PC, that account with the PC characters will be tied to the seasons provided in the DD edition. If you decide to then activate cross save and keep your PS4 characters and start playing on PC, you will not have the DD seasons that were provided because they were tied to the PC characters save state which is now inactive.

Yes, this

EloquentM

Oct 25, 2017
It only seems like a problem if you weren't cross saving and decided to log in on platform B FIRST. but you eventually decided you want to cross from A to B and you lose your seasons as a result.

Ruthless

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia

Yeah that was my understanding as well until the tweet today.

"Set of characters" is how they've defined accounts since they announced cross-save because you can't merge. But sure, be safe. No issue with that.

Yeah I'd rather be safe in this case.

Nov 8, 2017

I think it's only an issue if you haven't enabled cross save first. If you have cross save enabled and are using the same characters on both platforms you should be good to go.

I think it's more a warning for people that log in and redeem the pass, and then enable cross save afterwards but pick the other platform as the main characters.

Maybe also an issue with people game sharing on consoles? The bonuses only go to one account?

I have deluxe on PC and regular on Xbox. I'm not thinking there is gonna be an issue. I already enabled cross save with my main account. But, I will be accessing the Steam version first.

Oct 28, 2017

after that's dealt with, if you had last year's annual pass, you get free season things up to season 11? but

2a. do i want to/should buy the deluxe if i had the previous season/annual pass?

3. can i do any of the prep stuff in the next ? hours before oct 1st, including patching the game? lol

You need to buy Shadowkeep if you don't own it.

You need to buy Forsaken if you don't own it. It comes with the Annual Pass if you haven't got it.

Base game, Warmind and Curse of Osiris are the free content, alongside any other free updates that came along during Year 2.

The deluxe edition of Shadowkeep comes with 4 season passes, which we assume covers the next year of content for the game. If you don't want deluxe, they'll sell seasons individually as they come.

cmdrshepard

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017

1. No you don't need to buy shadowkeep - play for free is play for free and New light gives you the game essentially for free minus select Forsaken and Shadowkeep content (mainly campaigns and raids).

2. A bit confused by this question - are you asking do you get Season 11 included with the digital deluxe edition? Yes you get 4 seasons included with the digital deluxe edition - Season of the Undying which is Season 8 and then 3 subsequent seasons - 9, 10 and 11. Bungie has not announced further plans past this yet.

2a. Entirely up to you and your circumstances. This years pass works differently to Forsakens pass in that seasonal content is literally primarily only active during that season. So Season of the Undying will end and some of the activities introduced with that season will go away leading into Season 9 which will introduce new activities. I would only buy the deluxe edition myself if you knew you were going to be around playing destiny year round.

You now have the option to buy individual seasons which might be a better option and only costs $5 more overall if you did happen to buy every season individually over the pass.

3. You can patch the game on PC now, consoles i believe either now or quite immenantely. No other prep can happen as the game commenced 24hr maintence prior to launch.

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
I have the game downloaded on Steam. Can't wait to finally go through the game from the very beginning.

I'll royally suck at the game but hopefully will have a blast doing so.

cmdrshepard

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Considering this:

"*Season Pass redeemed when logging in."

I would say if you have the deluxe edition on one platform and not the other (which would be most people), if you decide to log in on the non-deluxe account first you won't have the passes enabled until you log in to the platform with the deluxe enabled.

Last edited:

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Oh my fucking God, this soundtrack is incredible. Bungie always kills it, but wow, these tracks are badass.

Owlowiscious

Oct 27, 2017
You need to buy Shadowkeep if you don't own it.

You need to buy Forsaken if you don't own it. It comes with the Annual Pass if you haven't got it.

Base game, Warmind and Curse of Osiris are the free content, alongside any other free updates that came along during Year 2.

The deluxe edition of Shadowkeep comes with 4 season passes, which we assume covers the next year of content for the game. If you don't want deluxe, they'll sell seasons individually as they come.
thanks. so "season 11" is up to the end of forsaken, nothing shadowkeep related? so i'd still want the season pass for the new season pass stuff
1. No you don't need to buy shadowkeep - play for free is play for free and New light gives you the game essentially for free minus select Forsaken and Shadowkeep content (mainly campaigns and raids).

2. A bit confused by this question - are you asking do you get Season 11 included with the digital deluxe edition? Yes you get 4 seasons included with the digital deluxe edition - Season of the Undying which is Season 8 and then 3 subsequent seasons - 9, 10 and 11. Bungie has not announced further plans past this yet.

2a. Entirely up to you and your circumstances. This years pass works differently to Forsakens pass in that seasonal content is literally primarily only active during that season. So Season of the Undying will end and some of the activities introduced with that season will go away leading into Season 9 which will introduce new activities. I would only buy the deluxe edition myself if you knew you were going to be around playing destiny year round.

You now have the option to buy individual seasons which might be a better option and only costs $5 more overall if you did happen to buy every season individually over the pass.

3. You can patch the game on PC now, consoles i believe either now or quite immenantely. No other prep can happen as the game commenced 24hr maintence prior to launch.
thanks. i don't think you understood my questions, like you stated.

2. i own all the past destiny's and expansion/season passes. a note said owning that would give me acces to up to 'season 11', but they didn't define what that was, from what i read. so my question here was would i need/want the new season pass if i already had last years

3. i meant the checklist of things to finish off before shadowkeep, like strikes and stuff. i was hoping i can log in now and get a giant checklist autochecked and be done. or even better, not log in and still have all that done if i play again

cmdrshepard

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
2. i own all the past destiny's and expansion/season passes. a note said owning that would give me acces to up to 'season 11', but they didn't define what that was, from what i read. so my question here was would i need/want the new season pass if i already had last years

3. i meant the checklist of things to finish off before shadowkeep, like strikes and stuff. i was hoping i can log in now and get a giant checklist autochecked and be done. or even better, not log in and still have all that done if i play again
2. No - if you owned the Forsaken annual pass you do not get anything beyond the current season that has just finished. You will need to purchase the next pass if you want seasons 9, 10 and 11.

AustinFordGames

The Fallen
Nov 17, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas
Still the best space music.

This is the gospel truth.

Yeah, I'm in the same boat, but reversed. I bought the Collector's edition with the digital deluxe content on PS4, and plan to start the day on PC. I think I'm just going to let the game boot up on PS4 first to be safe.

Zappy

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Can someone offer some advice to me - I had D2 at launch and played it for Y1. I have a titan at whatever the max Y1 level is.

I want to get shadowfall but I want to start a new character - a hunter. I understand that doing so puts me at light level 750...great. But what about my titan weapons - will they still be way under leveled if I transfer to my new hunter?

Also will starting a new character mean I have to play the full D2 story to unlock all the content and upgrade my hunter trees? My main interest is to play through the shadowfall stuff and do some crucible matches as I'm missing them. I mained a warlock in D1. A titan for D2 but have never played hunter so want to give that a whirl.....any help would be appreciated.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
anyhoo.

my brother said to me
"But I heard there is no grind anymore"
anyone want to expand on that statment? i don't want to assume/think anything as i've been burned before

The initial grind to 750 is removed as you are immediately 750, but there absolutely will be grind. End game should be a bit tougher. Mods are now unlimited use, but are acquired initially through various means, probably some of them rare drops. This way you have to grind for a mod, but once you have it, you can go full theory crafting making your perfect armor build.

Tpallidum

Oct 28, 2017
Sorry if it's been asked already but I can't seem to find the answer. So you can carry characters over to different platform but is it also cross platform play? Can I buddy up with a ps4 player if I'm on pc?

Orion117

Prophet of Regret - A King's Landing
Dec 8, 2018
Can someone offer some advice to me - I had D2 at launch and played it for Y1. I have a titan at whatever the max Y1 level is.

I want to get shadowfall but I want to start a new character - a hunter. I understand that doing so puts me at light level 750...great. But what about my titan weapons - will they still be way under leveled if I transfer to my new hunter?

Also will starting a new character mean I have to play the full D2 story to unlock all the content and upgrade my hunter trees? My main interest is to play through the shadowfall stuff and do some crucible matches as I'm missing them. I mained a warlock in D1. A titan for D2 but have never played hunter so want to give that a whirl.....any help would be appreciated.
All your old characters and weapons will be 750 when shadowkeep launches and any new characters will start at that.

I'm not sure how unlocking subclasses works but you dont have to play any campaign anymore. Maybe the first introductory mission at most. And if I had to guess I'll say subclasses will be unlocked from the start as well considering they want to remove barriers to entry.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
anyhoo.

my brother said to me
anyone want to expand on that statment? i don't want to assume/think anything as i've been burned before

Destiny is a grind. It will always be a grind. Destiny is as popular as it is because people enjoy the grind. If you do not want to grind, I wouldn't play it.

Zappy

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
All your old characters and weapons will be 750 when shadowkeep launches and any new characters will start at that.

I'm not sure how unlocking subclasses works but you dont have to play any campaign anymore. Maybe the first introductory mission at most. And if I had to guess I'll say subclasses will be unlocked from the start as well considering they want to remove barriers to entry.

So you're saying I can give my hunter my Titan Y1 weapons and they'll all be levelled to 750? Great!

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
anyhoo.

my brother said to me
There'll be a grind. Toward 950/960 (powerful drops from 950 to 960 will only be from pinnacle sources - Raids, Nightfalls, it's not clear what else but Iron Banner might be another). And levelling your Seasonal artifact (for extra power levels and special mods) and the battlepass through XP gains.

Then there's those times you might be after a godroll on a particular weapon. You might also find yourself grinding activities toward a set of armour with the best stats possible if that's something you care about.

You brother might have gotten that idea from things said around Vanilla D2's release, which got rid of a lot of the grind, which resulted in an extremely shallow game.

The only other area I can think of where "the grind" is gone is from jumping into new seasons and their content. Want to play Shadowkeep? Buy it and jump straight into that content without having to worry about any prior content if you don't want to. With everything being boosted to 750 you'll also be able to get stuck into anything from Year 2 (that is, as long as you have Forsaken in order to play it).

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

giphy.gif

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I remember when this thread was posting about god rolled weapons, talking about exotic armor+subclass combos, crucible strategy.

Now it's : "I haven't played Destiny since Curse of Osiris but I have a 283 Titan and I haven't bought Forsaken but I want to transfer from Xbox to PS4 but I don't want to pay for PS plus until I can preload First Light and then transfer my character and start a Warlock and then play with my brother on Stadia when Shadowkeep launches. Is that possible? Is Destiny worth playing? Sorry I didn't see an answer for this. Also I didn't read the OP for fear of spoilers."

Mackenzie

Apr 21, 2019
Brighton
I've read a bit about Linux users trying to run the Battle.net version of Destiny 2 under Wine being banned.

Given that Steam makes it pretty trivial to try to run Windows games on Linux using Steam Play, do we know if Bungie has clarified whether doing so will still potentially result in a ban or not?

It seems to me if they've not addressed this in some way, either by explicitly preventing the game from running under Steam Play, making a defiinite statement that this should not be done, or by allowing it (and I don't see Steam Play or Linux officially displayed as an option on the store page), then there could be a small but perhaps significant number of people who get hit by bans.

CrudeDiatribe

Oct 25, 2017
Eastern Canada
anyhoo.

my brother said to me

There is no grinding of new players/characters to get them to a point where they can do the same things as their friends/friends' characters. Goal was to get rid of the huge caveat when recommending the game to a friend: "come have these amazing experiences with me/my clan (after spending $120 and 30 hours grinding to the end game)".

So everyone starts out ready to do anything released thus far, but there will be a power level climb for the new raid and more difficult nightfalls, etc, but you can do it at whatever pace you want and still have things to do in the game.

cmdrshepard

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Are they adding the Cosmodrome back to the game az a zone - or is it just a one off mission?

One off sadly :( Maybe one day
So New Light starts with the prologue from Destiny 1 and after that you are teleported to the Tower of the second game?!
What about all the stuff in between?
There is a new quest chain that introduces players to Destiny 2 starting with the first mission of D1 and then you go to the tower, meet the characters, drop down into the EDZ and do a few quest points and then you can start the red war campaign and others as normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.