• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The foundation of Destiny was built on Disaster. The engine itself is a nightmare. They would need a full, 5 year development time with no reboots (Like D1 AND D2) for it to be fully realized.

Mengetsu

Oct 27, 2017
I love Destiny but at this point all but one of my friends have stopped playing awhile ago. I love the lore and have been following the story since the dark below. Unfortunately as cool as the trailer is and the story stuff is I don't know if I want to spend 10.00 on it.

I didn't even play last season besides the little bit of story they put for Saint. I have no interest in the loot or how it's been distributed in the last few seasons. Trials stuff is great but, again I have no one to play with. I decided to take a break from Destiny since I really haven't done anything this season.

I've had more fun grinding lvls in Modern Warfare and doing the challenges the last two seasons at this point. I've come to the conclusion that I just want story and lore from Destiny as that's all I care about the most. I hope to see the conclusion to Destiny's story in the next 3 years.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
destiny-2-season-of-the-worthy-gameplay_feature.jpg

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
I am excited trials is back. A reason to revisit the game. That said, I think the biggest issue is that Bungie still haven't found a business model that works well for both them and consumers. Hopefully whatever we get this fall and the coming year will be better.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I am excited trials is back. A reason to revisit the game. That said, I think the biggest issue is that Bungie still haven't found a business model that works well for both them and consumers. Hopefully whatever we get this fall and the coming year will be better.
Personally think it's more of a problem of content pipeline management.

Immortan

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles
Nice to see Destiny is pretty much remaking dlc at this point. First was Osiris returns(Curse of Osiris dlc) and now arm the warmind(Warmind dlc) Trailer looks a lot like they are moving shit from Mars to Earth. Still not sold on the dlc from this trailer and the weapons look like ass.

Season of Skip in my future.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
Come the fuck on. Players loved that armor and asked for it back it's regarded as one of the best sets in D1.

Bringing back old maps that have had some major overhauls graphically and that people like is also a good thing.

Not to mention it's like .. £10 and it's a fraction of the content included in the season.
"major overhauls" you mean just using higher res stuff? Just like how those artstation armor sets are higher res then the ones shown in this content drop? This was literally almost no work for Bungie.

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
You might be lacking perspective.

The majority of the pushback I have seen have come from players like yourself and streamers who play an inordinate amount. And in all honesty, there is no 3 month cadence of content that will satiate players like you, because your play patterns are not normative. And in all honesty, the devs can't legislate their content delivery for you.

As for the previous DLC pattern, yeah, no thanks. We get the 2 week honeymoon period and then droughts for months on end.

The game has plenty of issues that unfortunately won't be solved in this version of the game.
I used to play only a couple days out of the week and even then I find these content-lite seasons to be a bore. I prefer bigger content pushes with larger refreshes of Tower vendors and world drops.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I used to play only a couple days out of the week and even then I find these content-lite seasons to be a bore. I prefer bigger content pushes with larger refreshes of Tower vendors and world drops.
I agree with you on world drop refreshes, if I see another set of thorium boots I will strangle rahiol with his shoel.

As for the content amount, I think its quite sizeable and comparable to coo, its just that it's stretched and drip-fed.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
I love Destiny but at this point all but one of my friends have stopped playing awhile ago. I love the lore and have been following the story since the dark below. Unfortunately as cool as the trailer is and the story stuff is I don't know if I want to spend 10.00 on it.

The good news half the content is pretty much available to everyone this season. I'm not even sure what's available for the $10 - harder lost sectors and nightfalls? Doing cartwheels in excitement here

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
Come the fuck on. Players loved that armor and asked for it back it's regarded as one of the best sets in D1.

Bringing back old maps that have had some major overhauls graphically and that people like is also a good thing.

Not to mention it's like .. £10 and it's a fraction of the content included in the season.

Bungie said the reason Trials was on hiatus for 18 months was because they were getting it perfect. They also said about a year ago that "just bringing back Trials how it worked in D1" was not something they were interested in doing. Now maybe they tried to go in different directions or improving it and just decided that D1 Trials was the best it could be.

I think the two trials of osiris sets from D1 are the best sets they've ever made, but I've earned those sets multiple times over in D1. They already reskinned them there. I was expecting more, especially after being gone for so long and their comments on it over time.

I'm cutting them some slack and not going in as hard because it is free, but it's a staple they took away from the base game. It better be free.

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
"major overhauls" you mean just using higher res stuff? Just like how those artstation armor sets are higher res then the ones shown in this content drop? This was literally almost no work for Bungie.

No I mean like every map having being entirely retextured to fit the current themes of the environment and updated for Destiny 2. Since you're seemingly happy to play armchair dev feel free to tell the senior character artist at bungie how EASY it should be since they're clearly putting in "no work"

Wp9oc1n.png

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I was completely turned off to destiny after that directors cut and the last 2 seasons doing nothing to hold my interest.

Buuuut that tommygun looking auto looks too good to ignore!