• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
Do we know if Bungie is going to be at any of the E3/Summer Games events at all? That would be so hype to show Witch Queen content

They showed off a teaser image this past thursday and on twitter said "later this summer".. so i doubt it. If they show anything at summer game fest / e3 it could be the bungie 30th anniversary event trailer (if the leaks are right)

TsuWave

Oct 27, 2017
Loading into crucible and seeing a bunch of Dredgen titles in your team and you just know it's an L incoming

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
You using this when you go seeking Salvation, right?

unknown.png
No, didn't realize it was an option. I've been using the one that gets an enhancement core. Thanks neo

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Yet Dredgen was the most gilded seal last season.

They just need to add new maps and tweak the mechanics a bit.

For example, I hate that the team that has summoned a primeval can still invade the other team if they didn't use up their invasion portals. Use them or lose them.

They should bring back that sentry perk where damaging the invader reveals him to the rest of the team.

Add more time between invasions.

But new maps is what is sorely needed.
Very good point.

The snowball effect is one of the most egregious aspects of Gambit.
How can you catch up if the clearly better team thats summoned its primeval is allowed to keep invading you?

THINK, BUNGIE, THINK!!!

ICVaufv.jpg

TsuWave

Oct 27, 2017
It's crazy to me how no one uses last word. This thing is beyond busted and barely anyone uses it.

It's quite popular in both comp and trials. Not as popular as 120s but it's not a rare sight. It's one of the few effective things against rushes, but 120s just offer a lot of kill/assist potential at crazy ranges so not surprised those dominate.

Oct 27, 2017
lol i did one fucking lost sector for those insanely ugly pants... 3 hours later and 1 completion later..

LOL cant believe it dropped lol first fucking try. NEVER AGAIN... i cant understand why bungie cant make enemies that are smart and deadly and not just a one fucking shot that is a complete bullet sponge. -__- i just love im forced to use weapons i dont like just to do one. Im light 1321 and that 1310 is just uninstall stupid guess im just to used to face rolling this game.. not sure i just cant understand how they think 5 clips of riskrunner 3 last impression RL a nade and 2 clips of 57 bullets from an auto... not dead...

THIS IS NOT FUN BUNGLE!!!

cant say i see the awesome of them..? sooo glad they nerfed them before i got them... like always! -_-

Wtfpigeons

Aug 6, 2020
lol i did one fucking lost sector for those insanely ugly pants... 3 hours later and 1 completion later..

LOL cant believe it dropped lol first fucking try. NEVER AGAIN... i cant understand why bungie cant make enemies that are smart and deadly and not just a one fucking shot that is a complete bullet sponge. -__- i just love im forced to use weapons i dont like just to do one. Im light 1321 and that 1310 is just uninstall stupid guess im just to used to face rolling this game.. not sure i just cant understand how they think 5 clips of riskrunner 3 last impression RL a nade and 2 clips of 57 bullets from an auto... not dead...

cant say i see the awesome of them..? sooo glad they nerfed them before i got them... like always! -_-
I don't know what to say, you shouldn't be struggling that much on a lost sector :/

Oct 27, 2017
You can use whatever you want in PvE. I use a Subsistence/Rampage False Promises just to use something different.

It's just that Scouts suffered with the critical damage nerf in PvE, and there are better weapons.
still got my bananana Manannan <3 scouts have sucked since year 1 mostly more so for pvp in general because of the the maps we get to play on are the size of closets...( they have zero business sucking soo bad in PVE but bungle likes hand-cannons too much.) i have trouble sniping in these small ass maps, let alone scouting... i miss combined arms. :/

Last edited:

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

Completely agree.

It's not even challenging, it's cheap.

The champion mechanic and the way you stagger them is completely obtuse and dumb. Here's an overload minotaur zip zaping all over the place, doesn't stagger or flinch, shoots at machine gun rpm and can one hit you.

WTF?

This is what happens when your game-design is legislated to streamers. I got my first and only Lost sector exotic last night.

Shit is stupid.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know what to say, you shouldn't be struggling that much on a lost sector :/
i guess i suck .....only been playing since day 1...lol im modded out all max armor... its not really designed to do solo. 99% of the game isnt i guess. i dont even dislike difficult games( which D2 isnt even close too) i LOOOOOOVE dark souls and loved sekrio but this is just insanely unfun to me... with out a doubt "bullet Sponge" enemies are literally my most HATED thing in shooters. hard but fun is fine by me... but when its just unfun game-play it makes it unbearable( Destiny has the most fun shooting gameplay with the guns.. but just wish the enemies had a fucking brain... I also hate how these new exotics are LOCKED behind this bullshit... I pay for those but instead of getting a random exotic yellow ball on the floor from a random enemy and get existed because this game used they have that feeling... when they fixed exotic drop protection... now even though i have most of the hunter exotics ( im a hunter main) I give zero fucks about an exotic dropping... -_- nope im forced to play a lost sector where the game wont even give me enough ammo to shot the enemies..

615dc2dfdc3914c5e9d0ece48ee3c679.jpg

mhayze

Nov 18, 2017
Overloads are really annoying in the top tier lost sectors. Burst damage has to be really high for these champs, which is why I dont use lasting impression RLs - the timing is not right for me. You need to be able to burst and immediately re-stun, then back to high burst, which requires specific loadouts.

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
This seasonal artifact mods actually makes soloing legendary/master lost sectors easier thanks to breach and clear mod.

Get yourself a breech loaded GL with blinding nades. Red and yellow bars that are not bosses/champions are laughably vulnerable to blinding nades. And get a handcannon with explosive/timed payload against overload champs, you only need 2 shots to stun them instead of 3 shots.

DWarriorSN

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PA

I'm sorry but how??? , i just recently did 10 1310 lost sectors to unlock all the lost sector exclusives since i never played them since they were introduced and at most i would take like 16 ish minutes when i was very slow while not having any fancy warmind cells setup.

And i wasn't even using barrier mods so i had to perfectly time kills on the barrier champions too, it really should not take you anywhere near 3 hours.

Last edited:

Turra

Oct 27, 2017

Were you letting the champions recover and heal or something? A champion that you are above in power shouldn't be that beefy.

edit: if people are having trouble with overload champs maybe this will help out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BvfBOhRb8I

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sorry but how??? , i just recently did 10 1310 lost sectors to unlock all the lost sector exclusives since i never played them since they were introduced and at most i would take like 16 ish minutes when i was very slow while not having any fancy warmind cells setup.

And i wasn't even using barrier mods too so i had to perfectly time kills on the barrier champions too, it really should not take you anywhere near 3 hours.
like i said i guess i just suck i have no patience for dogeshit mechanics in shooters.i dont really think it took me 3 hours...... more like it felt that way... i think i died like 25+ times so 6 to 8 redos at like 20 mins each.. i really cant remember...

Oct 27, 2017
Were you letting the champions recover and heal or something? A champion that you are above in power shouldn't be that beefy.

edit: if people are having trouble with overload champs maybe this will help out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BvfBOhRb8I
i dont like hand cannons... so i used an auto and riskrunner.. all 3 of those annoying mods need to be able to put on or used for any weapon... i want to use the weapons I like because i SWEAR this game just knows what guns i like and what element it is.. and those LS are ALWAYS the opposite shield or something... i dont play any character but hunter... so titans and warlocks arent for me... but yeah one champ by himself lol 8 minutes in the first few enemies.. whats the point of a timer at all if its doesn't have something to do with dropping the exotic at a high rate the faster you are? i admit i need to get better with the timing out the stuns and shit... but still this whole mechanic just makes me livid..

DWarriorSN

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PA
like i said i guess i just suck i have no patience for dogeshit mechanics in shooters.i dont really think it took me 3 hours...... more like it felt that way... i think i died like 25+ times so 6 to 8 redos at like 20 mins each.. i really cant remember...
Yeah i don't particularly care about champions as a game mechanic because it's kinda boring but at 1310 they're super easy to deal with provided you are engaging with the mechanic.

I'd look up some info on it because they're pretty trivial and you really shouldn't struggling on them ( at least the 1310 version)

For what it's worth i did them all on bottom tree nightstalker for an invis safety net using the salvagers salvo gl for breach and clear and unstopabble champions and an overload hand cannon for overload champions if they were any (which i dont think they were on the days i did it) and a rocket launcher to kill the barrier champions after popping them with a couple of hand cannon shots and a gl shot because i refused to use anti barrier mods.

Oh and bottom tree nightstalker kills the boss by itself usually so that part shouldnt be a problem.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah i don't particularly care about champions as a game mechanic because it's kinda boring but at 1310 they're super easy to deal with provided you are engaging with the mechanic.

I'd look up some info on it because they're pretty trivial and you really shouldn't struggling on them ( at least the 1310 version)

For what it's worth i did them all on bottom tree nightstalker for an invis safety net using the salvagers salvo gl for breach and clear and unstopabble champions and an overload hand cannon for overload champions if they were any (which i dont think they were on the days i did it) and a rocket launcher to kill the barrier champions after popping them with a couple of hand cannon shots and a gl shot because i refused to use anti barrier mods.

Oh and bottom tree nightstalker kills the boss by itself usually so that part shouldnt be a problem.
thankfully its really the only exotic i wanted ive been using stomps since Eurpoa tbh... I feel like most of the hunters exotics are played out.. then these ugly pants come and get nerfed... I played a few games and they seems bugged.. I wasnt getting any orbs to drop? but it worked in the next NF! the statis hunter helm is ugly as fuck... which most hunter exotics are... soo im good for a while.

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
If you are running Stasis then overload champs are even easier to deal with. You stun them once, then you throw down a duskfield grenade to keep them frozen while you kill them.

Wtfpigeons

Aug 6, 2020
Are you running ammo finders and scavs etc? Might just be some optimisation here and there, risk runner isn't the best unfortunately with double primary.
Yeah that's fair enough, it was put in place due to the old system of people hoarding exotic engrams and using them for guaranteed drop day 1 of launch so they tried to add a different way to get them. This will sadly cause an issue of not everyone liking this approach.
But yeah dark souls etc are really fun games, I'm a huge fan

rockinreelin

Oct 27, 2017
Perdition is one of the easier lost sectors for me as a hunter, it's very open with lots of corners to hide in when things get rough and i can open up with my super as well when the time comes. I use bottom tree nightstalker. The self invis is a life saver and it also allows you to sneak up on champions and open fire to stun them. Also used ikelos with a few warmind cells though that didnt help too much. Fuck those wyverns but i usually pop open my super on them.

Lastly The Lament is probably one of the best tools to use in legend lost sectors. On barrier champs i invis with a gun then switch to lament and hold c to charge while invis and then unleash on them. There are certain lost sectors that are just not worth it like that one in absterion abyss or any of the moon sectors, fuck that shit.

I must have done perdition 13 times last night and all i have to show for it is one enhancement core. Fuck you bungie.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
If it takes that long for you to take out a champion, then yeah, you probably need to re-examine your approach. Most lost sectors take me about 2-4 minutes at this point. Each one has different ways you'd want to approach it. If you're a Hunter, bottom tree Nightstalker with Omnioculus is basically unlimited invisibility. Allows you to focus on champions easily without adds bothering you.

I used to go hard on lost sectors until I realized they're really not worth doing. Drop rates are too low to try and get god rolls out of them. Best to just get the new exotic with every season from them or any you're missing and then ignore them.

GalaxyDive

Oct 25, 2017
Overload champs in tougher content are also the fucking worst in general because stunning them with a gun is subject to RNG (on top of the fact that they're liable to teleport away from the scant few rounds in your clip that will actually apply the stun).

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i dont like hand cannons... so i used an auto and riskrunner.. all 3 of those annoying mods need to be able to put on or used for any weapon... i want to use the weapons I like because i SWEAR this game just knows what guns i like and what element it is.. and those LS are ALWAYS the opposite shield or something... i dont play any character but hunter... so titans and warlocks arent for me... but yeah one champ by himself lol 8 minutes in the first few enemies.. whats the point of a timer at all if its doesn't have something to do with dropping the exotic at a high rate the faster you are? i admit i need to get better with the timing out the stuns and shit... but still this whole mechanic just makes me livid..
Breach and Clear?

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
Overload champs in tougher content are also the fucking worst in general because stunning them with a gun is subject to RNG (on top of the fact that they're liable to teleport away from the scant few rounds in your clip that will actually apply the stun).
Handcannons aren't RNG.

If you keep shooting them with the overload bullets weapon they won't teleport.

Last edited:

XAL

Oct 27, 2017

Overload Champs are just as easy to kill as the other champs, maybe even easier.

If you have a weapon that has timed payload or explosive payload you can keep them stunlocked forever. The explosion counts as another hit so you only have to shoot them twice to stun them.

-Seventh Seraph Officer Revolver (my personal favorite because it can also make warmind cells)
-Fatebringer
-True Prophecy
-Bottom Dollar

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Instead of trying to excuse the champion mechanic as anything more than braindead execution - we need to come to the conclusion that champions need to be re-worked or removed.

Fighting them isn't fun - it's not even tough - its just cheap and it bottle-necks your loadout to whatever drunkard at Bungie thought would be neat for that particular season.

FashionTarkus

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
the idea is not bad, but just like a lot of things Bungie doesn't improve on them. they're just there.

also, I don't think they need to be everywhere. what is their purpose in Override? maybe it's to keep me awake..

GalaxyDive

Oct 25, 2017
Lol guess I should have been a but more specific, i.e. no, I don't personally struggle for hours on end with Overload champs. It's just that, in general, their design is bad, even by champion standards. Like, for your more average player, I feel that barrier and unstoppable champs/mods are pretty easy to figure out. "Shoot the barrier" and "Hold aim down sights". Really no fine print to it.

Overload, on the other hand is "Well, what we're not telling you is that these weapons will Just Work on overload champs, but these weapons are a total RNG fest where you better hope that specific random bullets from your clip hit", chased by "oh, you can also try to tetris this other shit into your loadout of mandated weapons, because these one-two punches are the real solution to overload champs".

Oct 27, 2017
Yea, thanks lol. Just noticed you can see whats in the loot pool for all the ones you have unlocked.

NOOoooooooo! Not even Dragonfly? Why are Scouts so hard to come by these days lol. Im about to start looking for another Vouchsafe again.

Wish Randy's wasnt sunsetted as quickly as it was.

same i cant even use a scout without fullauto... i still use it in regular pvp but i tried it last night in that lost sector but took me down to 1294.... sunsetting weapons was the fucking WORST i love grinding my ass off for shit thats useless now... :/

monketron

Oct 27, 2017
The constant Beagle errors that have forced me to reinstall the game 3 times in the past 3 days (and 5 times in total) has forced me to just downgrade back to the PS4 version out of annoyance (and party out of fear for my PS5 SSDs lifespan!). Let me tell you, going from 60fps/95fov back to the default 30fps and 75fov is super jarring, would not recommend! I really hope Bungie hotfixes this issue asap.

hurlex

Oct 25, 2017
I like that champions make you think strategically on how to approach an encounter to some extent but yeah a lot is left to be desired in the actual implementation.