• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
How do you guys decide which armor pieces to use in a build? I've saved up a bunch of high stat rolls and between looking at them all and what mods to put on them, I'm getting hit with decision paralysis 😵
For PvP - Basically all arc armors and a minimum 20+ stat in either Mobility / Recovery for me. Arc armors has all the good mods for PvP like Powerful friends, Radiant Light .etc I aim to get 100 Mob, 90/100 Recov & 60 Res as a Hunter. 100 Recov, 60 res and 90/100 in either DIS/STR or INT for Warlock and Titan in my opinion. I didn't include Mob in both Warlock and Titan because Top Tree Dawnblade Icarus Dashing and Behemoth's shiver striking/Cryo Slide makes up the mobility in getting around maps not to mention Transversive Steps/Dunemarchers also helps alot.

For PvE probably Mobility and Recovery also, Recovery for obvious reasons. Mobility sometimes plays a part when you have to carry key items around and you get reach there faster e.g carrying nuclear cores to dunk into the container in DSC Taniks. I dumped the rest of the stats into DIS/STR for stasis builds as duskfield/Withering Blade/Penumbral Blast are hella important in handling champions in GMs. Resillence are kinda useless when you have concussive dampener/Sniper/ elemental resist chest piece mods.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
For PvP - Basically all arc armors and a minimum 20+ stat in either Mobility / Recovery for me. Arc armors has all the good mods for PvP like Powerful friends, Radiant Light .etc I aim to get 100 Mob, 90/100 Recov & 60 Res as a Hunter. 100 Recov, 60 res and 90/100 in either DIS/STR or INT for Warlock and Titan in my opinion. I didn't include Mob in both Warlock and Titan because Top Tree Dawnblade Icarus Dashing and Behemoth's shiver striking/Cryo Slide makes up the mobility in getting around maps not to mention Transversive Steps/Dunemarchers also helps alot.

For PvE probably Mobility and Recovery also, Recovery for obvious reasons. Mobility sometimes plays a part when you have to carry key items around and you get reach there faster e.g carrying nuclear cores to dunk into the container in DSC Taniks. I dumped the rest of the stats into DIS/STR for stasis builds as duskfield/Withering Blade/Penumbral Blast are hella important in handling champions in GMs. Resillence are kinda useless when you have concussive dampener/Sniper/ elemental resist chest piece mods.
Omg this is so helpful. I know powerful friends is +20 mobility, what's radiant light?

Do you build any PvE focused INT builds? I've had a 100 INT raid build for ages and was wondering if I should expand to builds like Geomags, for example

DWarriorSN

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PA
I got accused of cheating in a game where i got 14 kills on my bum-ass warlock alt that im terrible at by a fully master worked double 100 stated flawless hunter because i was using Suros regime and i apperently was always fully spun up.

These people are so insecure.

Ruthless

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
It's not guaranteed to stagger him, the timing is pretty tight. Thundercrash, Relic super and baiting a stomp are the only ways (as of now) to cancel the detain mechanic.

If your teammates are getting detained over and over, they are likely missing the text. It can be hard to notice screen effects and sounds during damage phase when everyone is using supers and abilities and there are half a dozen buffs on your screen - however, imminent detain :05 always appears on top of everything else.

At 20 seconds into Times Vengeance, Atheon will start doing his detain animation - you can see him raising his hand at 17-18 seconds.
At 15 seconds, one random player (not relic holder) will get Imminent Detain 05, which will count down.
unknown.png

At 10 seconds, that player will get detained in the bubble and it will catch anyone in close proximity.
unknown.png

If you don't break out the detained player before that timer runs out, they will die.

LilScooby77

Dec 11, 2019
I hope they're gonna give the last word and thorn catalysts out as a part of a storyline.

I got accused of cheating in a game where i got 14 kills on my bum-ass warlock alt that im terrible at by a fully master worked double 100 stated flawless hunter because i was using Suros regime and i apperently was always fully spun up.

These people are so insecure.
That thing still gives people nightmares from its previous reign. Shame on you for opening those old wounds.

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's not guaranteed to stagger him, the timing is pretty tight. Thundercrash, Relic super and baiting a stomp are the only ways (as of now) to cancel the detain mechanic.

If your teammates are getting detained over and over, they are likely missing the text. It can be hard to notice screen effects and sounds during damage phase when everyone is using supers and abilities and there are half a dozen buffs on your screen - however, imminent detain :05 always appears on top of everything else.

At 20 seconds into Times Vengeance, Atheon will start doing his detain animation - you can see him raising his hand at 17-18 seconds.
At 15 seconds, one random player (not relic holder) will get Imminent Detain 05, which will count down.
unknown.png

At 10 seconds, that player will get detained in the bubble and it will catch anyone in close proximity.
unknown.png

If you don't break out the detained player before that timer runs out, they will die.
Detain doesn't happen until :15, it triggers at :10.

It also doesn't matter if they can see the buff or not, whoever is detained legit has their screen and body flash red and their guardian's arms turn white, AND hears a sound.

Even if you don't look at the buffs/debuffs it's incredibly obvious.

That said, LPT: you can make him never detain. Have the relic holder use the Relic Super when he's doing the Detain Pose, it interrupts it.
Thanks for these tips! I had no idea you could anticipate Atheon casting it by looking for the animation and then by using the Relic Super to cancel it. Our Titans have been Thundercrashing to try to cancel it but some have been getting Detained, so there's that.

We'll adjust our timings and always have the Relic holder cast Super at the proper time. Appreciate the tips!

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
I missed this from the TWAB. They actually listed this as a reason to nerf something.

"While the Shadebinder may not be the most powerful in competitive play, being frozen by its abilities takes a large emotional toll on the victim."

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
So the person on the Moon, Eris I think? They have a blue quest marker over their head that says I need to do the Memory mission. But I dont have any "Memory" quests in my inventory and when I talk to her there is no mission marker showing where to go.

Any idea what this is for? Is it bugged? Its been like this for months lol. I just assumed I didnt finish something back when the Moon expansion launched and its still bugged from that.

CrispyGamer

Banned
Jan 4, 2020
I missed this from the TWAB. They actually listed this as a reason to nerf something.

"While the Shadebinder may not be the most powerful in competitive play, being frozen by its abilities takes a large emotional toll on the victim."
Lol it's incredible but as a Warlock main I don't have the energy to complain anymore

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
Can Bungo take away 2 meters off the shotgun kill range. Thanks. Make them commit harder for those one shot kills.

BobsReset

Chicken Chaser
Oct 26, 2017
Looks like 1300 is recommended for VOG, I haven't played in a while at all but am 1260, how difficult would it be to get to 1300? Is it a pinnacle grind or actually something I could do in a reasonable amount of time?

Is VOG actually doable at 1300 or do I really need to be higher? Wondering if I try and go for it or just wait for the next DLC and do it then! Sadly not got too much time to grind but would love to play it!

EndlessNever

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like 1300 is recommended for VOG, I haven't played in a while at all but am 1260, how difficult would it be to get to 1300? Is it a pinnacle grind or actually something I could do in a reasonable amount of time?

Is VOG actually doable at 1300 or do I really need to be higher? Wondering if I try and go for it or just wait for the next DLC and do it then! Sadly not got too much time to grind but would love to play it!
Best bet is just to keep grinding away at Powerful's and Pinnacles every week until you are closer to 1300. You could probably get carried through VoG at your level, but you would be a huge detriment to your team overall.

Nothing

Oct 30, 2017
Outside of perks, all rockets are the same except for the 20 RPM rockets that have less ammo than the other two frames.
thank you!

You could do VoG. But I've had several 1300 group members that can't kill Atheon and it has been exhausting. It's a 1320 fight. They die over and over, they either don't realize or don't care that they are holding the group back, and it ends up being a waste of multiple hours. So I'm not going to be making Atheon attempts with lower level people any longer.

You could probably slot in for the first half of the (1310) raid pretty easily though.

Deleted member 11976

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Please take Nothing 's advice above, it really is a 1320 fight. People on the outside with Atheon need survivability from sniper Harpies as well as explosive Supplicant Harpies. If the arena isn't properly cleared of these when the Relic team comes back for damage phase, this is usually where 1300-1315 players will die.

Try to hit 1320 and spec mods appropriately on your armour to help with the snipers and explosive damage from the Supplicants.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This PSO2 game lets me be a goth anime robot princess of death who shoots things like Max Payne. Can Destiny do this? No sir, no sir. Tick tock, Bungie. Tick tock.

LilScooby77

Dec 11, 2019
I thought they removed the weekly cap for Hawkmoon? It's still one per character per week after you finish the quest?

rockinreelin

Oct 27, 2017
So the person on the Moon, Eris I think? They have a blue quest marker over their head that says I need to do the Memory mission. But I dont have any "Memory" quests in my inventory and when I talk to her there is no mission marker showing where to go.

Any idea what this is for? Is it bugged? Its been like this for months lol. I just assumed I didnt finish something back when the Moon expansion launched and its still bugged from that.

You have to do one of those solo missions directly from the moon map. It looks kinda like a nightmare hunt icon and you click it and it takes you to redo one of the shadwokeep quest missions again like the cryptograph one. I think this mission changes weekly. Had to dig around reddit for that one. I'm starting to see why people call bungie bungo,.

BobsReset

Chicken Chaser
Oct 26, 2017
Thanks for the heads up in terms of VoG levelling! Think I will wait for next season to give it a go! Getting to 1310 or so is probably more work than it's worth just at this stage!

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Does that catalysts drops that says "found in Strikes against the most challenging opponents" means only Nightfalls? Does it also include the matchmaking versions?

Remnants

Prophet of Regret
Jul 18, 2019
Thanks for the heads up in terms of VoG levelling! Think I will wait for next season to give it a go! Getting to 1310 or so is probably more work than it's worth just at this stage!
This season still has around 90 days left. You've got plenty of time to grind light levels before it ends.

Deleted member 11976

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This PSO2 game lets me be a goth anime robot princess of death who shoots things like Max Payne. Can Destiny do this? No sir, no sir. Tick tock, Bungie. Tick tock.
I know I keep saying this but PSO2 also lets you pay for a second Vault. (And I know Bungie's people on the network architecture side have said they can't do this because of XYZ commitments they made years and years ago but it still stings to think about.)

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
I know I keep saying this but PSO2 also lets you pay for a second Vault. (And I know Bungie's people on the network architecture side have said they can't do this because of XYZ commitments they made years and years ago but it still stings to think about.)
Bungie would be making bank every month if they allowed to rent extra vault space.

Ramala

Oct 28, 2017
Santa Monica, LA
Hit natural 1320 on my Hunter. Couple armor pieces away on my other two characters. Pinnacle chase has been a grind this season but at least we were spared the powerful 40 push!

DWarriorSN

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PA
Since I'm fake 1320 now and i've done pretty much everything i can outside of raids and Trials for the week i decided to jump into Trials just to do something and break the ice so i can actually start playing Trials again (havent played since trials of the nine and i have gone flawless in that) and it went pretty well.

Got into a group that had a 1.4 and a 1.0 kd who both been flawless multiple times and we went 6-1 on just one card and we stopped but might play again next time since they added me.

I ended up doing pretty good despite playing with Revenant which is not my strong suit out of fomo since it's all the rage, next time im just gonna play nightstalker and play around invis.

Also gotta pick a main loadout to practice as i've been jumping around guns for pvp this season, Sunshot and Riiswalker did me well tho.

Still i'm glad i got a pretty great overall kd (used to be better but seasons of not really playing D2 but still jumping into crucible tanked it) since it allows me to play with better players so i don't have a bad experience jumping back into trials lol.

Oh and i got fuckall for loot except an Eye Of Sol with Opening Shot Moving target which is ok.

Also also f the lost sector giving legs despite saying arms, thought i was gonna get Athry's today lol.

Last edited:

azfaru

Dec 1, 2017
Are there any guns that can roll demolitionist and adrenaline junkie? Kind intrigued to know how that feels