• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nothing

Oct 30, 2017
So is Energy Accelerant bonus damage working now?

edit: nvm, looks like hotfix being deployed on 5/25.

TsuWave

Oct 27, 2017
Two grenade junkie fatebringers. one was damn near perfect roll. fluted, tactical mag, explosive payload and fucking grenade junkie

I want to delete this game. fuck this shit

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
Alright, just beat Vault. Big swing and a miss in pretty much every aspect.

I hate some of the changes made. The Atheon encounter and the nerfs to the relic. The relic is one of the reasons VOG is remembered as one of the best raids and they pretty much ruined it. The oracles instawiping you during the Atheon fight is just punishing and unfun. The rest of the encounter changes are whatever, but I prefer the original.

They made the raid harder to reward us with worse loot. Three weapons aren't returning at all. Would have been great to see Epilogue be the only 900 rpm autorifle in the game or maybe even return as an SMG. The ones they did bring back, they brought back worse. 140 handcannons and 180 scouts in an absolutely terrible spot right now in the sandbox. Fatebringer isn't even arc, one of the most defining things about it. They added a bunch of shitty perks to the guns with random rolls and don't even offer curated rolls of the originals from D1. They changed Corrective Measure to a 450 and it can't get any of the perks that made it what it was. The mythoclast is literally a 360 rpm autorifle, not special and unique like it was in D1. I don't like that the weapons no longer have intrinsic oracle damage perks and must be put on an armor piece either.

The original VOG armor is a good looking set and I do like it, but it's clearly a step down from the age of triumph version released later on. They should have either brought back both sets or brought back the better of the two. The original set they did bring back has also been changed in color/textures and just looks worse in D2.

Last year sometime bungie said they weren't going to put themed items from things like raids/strikes in the eververse store yet of course there's an emote and shaders that you can only get with silver.

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
All of the VoG gear take Shaders extremely well imo

Is there a shader that makes it look like this?

hunter-raid-armor.png

Oct 26, 2017
It made you the color of the vex, I liked it.

Honestly it may just be that I don't like the OG Hunter set, haven't seen it in forever

I think some of the Curse of Osiris vex Shaders may end up giving you a similar look?

That's my experience as well, so I can deal. But the AOT variants from D1 were vastly superior.

Honestly when they first announced VoG would come back I wondered if they would do either just AoT sets or some kind of hybrid with OG sets but a unique looking glow. But Bungie decided nah lol It should have just been AoT but you can unlock the OG look if you really want it or something.

Oct 26, 2017
It made you the color of the vex, I liked it.

I actually checked a few and unfortuntely I don't think you can quite get that exact shade of brown with the same wornness on the armor. There were some non Brown shaders that had the right-ish look texture wise so maybe it's possible I just don't have the right one. Lighting engine/art style in D2 might just be too different.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Y'all ever raid with someone who just talks like Variks the whole time because he thinks he is funny and doesn't really say anything useful? It is as nightmarishly annoying as it sounds.

GalaxyDive

Oct 25, 2017
Guess I better hurry up and have my fun with Star-Eater Scales while I can because they're way too fucking broken not to get a nerf soon.

A breach and clear Witherhoard + 4x buff Mobius Quiver is an express ticket to salvation, brother.

Norris1020

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Y'all ever raid with someone who just talks like Variks the whole time because he thinks he is funny and doesn't really say anything useful? It is as nightmarishly annoying as it sounds.
Yes, actually. This guy a couple weeks ago suddenly started quoting word for word every line Varkis spoke (and imitating his voice) during the Europa Campaign while we were doing the space walk. Everyone else was awkwardly silent the whole time and just continued on with no acknowledgement when the nukes started.

PhaZe 5

Oct 27, 2017
Guess I better hurry up and have my fun with Star-Eater Scales while I can because they're way too fucking broken not to get a nerf soon.

A breach and clear Witherhoard + 4x buff Mobius Quiver is an express ticket to salvation, brother.

To be fair, that's more of a breach and clear issue than solely Star Eaters, which have the most demanding proc requirement for an exotic. As a result, they should be best in class DPS. That said I wouldn't be surprised if it gets brought down slightly, but I imagine it will stay ahead of Thundercrash/Celestial to some degree.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a chest on the gorgon maze? Checkpoint there, so woulb nice to know

Yes, you need to shoot 3 vex cubes (there are videos on this probably). When you shoot them, the door nearby (same as the original gorgon maze) opens, and will remain open even if you wipe

ZeroNoir_

Oct 25, 2017
I got like 7 machine guns from the Tokens. I was destroyed-

Is there any actual use of the relic in the atheon phase?

GalaxyDive

Oct 25, 2017
To be fair, that's more of a breach and clear issue than solely Star Eaters, which have the most demanding proc requirement for an exotic. As a result, they should be best in class DPS. That said I wouldn't be surprised if it gets brought down slightly, but I imagine it will stay ahead of Thundercrash/Celestial to some degree.
True. But yeah, I do imagine some sort of adjustment. I wouldn't be surprised if the pure damage gets toned down slightly so gunslinger stays ahead of Celestial while not being able to double its damage while maybe nightstalker is adjusted so you only get the bonus weapon damage from the tether or something.

In typical gameplay the proc is indeed a lot more demanding but when it comes to raids etc where you're likely to have a well and/or bubble it's not even that big of a deal.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
I got like 7 machine guns from the Tokens. I was destroyed-

Is there any actual use of the relic in the atheon phase?

Cleansing darkness, besides that uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

We didnt have Well in D1 so standing in the middle with the relic bubble was huge. Now with well, the bubble isn't needed

Yes Relic was heavily nerfed in this new VOG, one of my complaints

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Even during the oracles bit you just stand there like a dweeb tapping cleanse. At least nobody can blame you if you shoot the wrong oracle

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
After doing all of my weekly bounties, I've gone up a whopping 3 light levels (1264 to 1267) thanks to bad end.

I've often take breaks from the game before but don't remember anything like this. It would take me weeks to grind powerful engrams before hitting 1300 so I can try the content I purchased for this season.

I think I'm finally cured of the Destiny cycle lol

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
After doing all of my weekly bounties, I've gone up a whopping 3 light levels (1264 to 1267) thanks to bad end.

I've often take breaks from the game before but don't remember anything like this. It would take me weeks to grind powerful engrams before hitting 1300 so I can try the content I purchased for this season.

I think I'm finally cured of the Destiny cycle lol
Just doing the bounties won't increase your light level.

You need to hit all the activities that give you powerful and pinnacle rewards.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Yes, actually. This guy a couple weeks ago suddenly started quoting word for word every line Varkis spoke (and imitating his voice) during the Europa Campaign while we were doing the space walk. Everyone else was awkwardly silent the whole time and just continued on with no acknowledgement when the nukes started.

That can't be my guy because when we got to the jumping puzzle he was like "Now, does everybody remember the rules for the jumping puzzle? No talking!"

I was like oh thank fucking god. So many weird people play this game.

Turra

Oct 27, 2017
Even during the oracles bit you just stand there like a dweeb tapping cleanse. At least nobody can blame you if you shoot the wrong oracle
You have to take out the shielded minotaurs, and are still very good at killing the regular adds too.
I like all the changes felt like there was more communication required whereas before... not so much.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
You have to take out the shielded minotaurs, and are still very good at killing the regular adds too.
I like all the changes felt like there was more communication required whereas before... not so much.

I dont think you do, with the current strat everyone does (run to the spawn door when teleported, so callouts are the same)

You slap the gatekeeper a few times, and then stand with your buds and tap cleanse. Shoot the relic blast for giggles

Turra

Oct 27, 2017
Then you're probably wasting like 10 seconds of times vengeance.

Person who doesn't do what they are supposed to do complains about not having a thing to do.

Turra

Oct 27, 2017
You complained you just stood there like a dweeb and tapped cleanse. You do have a job to do, it's to help protect your 2 teammates from the adds and take down the shields. If you're running to the back of the room you're gonna lose DPS time to getting back to the portals. If you cleared the enemies you can stand right by the portal and leave getting the full time.

Nothing

Oct 30, 2017
No I usually leave a bad group in the first five minutes when I can tell that it's going to be un-fun. Your playtime isn't suddenly going to become more enjoyable. Always end up regretting it later when you stay.

Then those types will send me nasty messages on the Bungie app because they are psychopaths.

That can't be my guy because when we got to the jumping puzzle he was like "Now, does everybody remember the rules for the jumping puzzle? No talking!"

I was like oh thank fucking god. So many weird people play this game.
LMAO

demi

Oct 27, 2017
You complained you just stood there like a dweeb and tapped cleanse. You do have a job to do, it's to help protect your 2 teammates from the adds and take down the shields. If you're running to the back of the room you're gonna lose DPS time to getting back to the portals. If you cleared the enemies you can stand right by the portal and leave getting the full time.

Most LFGs will be using this safer strat for minimal risk, what difference does it make how you exit the portal.

Perfect Chaos

Oct 25, 2017
Charlottesville, VA, USA
I've done this in exactly one DSC run, but it was more like improvising a weird comedic ERP between Zavala and Variks, and the rest of the raid was joining in and having a good time. We all got a kick out of it. Know your audience, I guess. /shrug

Norris1020

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I've done this in exactly one DSC run, but it was more like improvising a weird comedic ERP between Zavala and Variks, and the rest of the raid was joining in and having a good time. We all got a kick out of it. Know your audience, I guess. /shrug
Well, it didn't go over well because nearly the rest of the fireteam was us grizzled old dudes haha.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

I would be okay with it were it actually funny and not saying "Taniks has no house, yeeeeesss?" over and over again. And also the fact that this person was shit at comms outside of this along with everyone else who almost never communicated anything nor listened to anything. When the raid has gone to shit, read the fucking room I say.