• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

oriic

Prophet of Truth - Press
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Hungary
jOuagUR.png

AHHHHHH. That was something.
GG

We stuck at Templar. :(

Oct 25, 2017
Quick question, has The Insight Terminus been taken away? I know it was there for GM last season but I can't find it on the map to load into.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Saw someone doing the VoG Raid on their Titan, and they had this Titan Class item that was lit up like a neon sign lol. How do you get that?

Wish the Solstice armor from last year still lit up

demi

Oct 27, 2017
The fact that you can conquer a contest modifier day one raid and walk away without an exclusive emblem is ridiculous. VoG being "old content" does not justify doubling the emblem requirement to "clear it twice, and the second time you'll have challenges to do as well! :)"

Hope Bungie learns from this going forward. My team called it quits after a few hours at Templar, content with waiting until we get our power levels back tomorrow. It's a pretty instant motivation drain to keep trying when you think about the fact that struggling through a clear will mean absolutely nothing if you don't struggle through the entire raid for a second time, and with challenges to make it even harder.

Facts, you don't say "well we're changing up world first / 24 hr emblem because its a reissued raid" then completely flip the script on how the raid mechanics work

Bungie respecting players time since... uh

Nothing

Oct 30, 2017
Our fireteam member has 70 clears of DSC and no Eyes of Tomorrow. That's 70 loot eligible clears.

We're convinced when they "fixed" the drop, they reset everyone's mercy. We're pissed about it on his behalf.
There is no doubt in my mind that EoT was bugged with a deescalating drop rate.

Do you know what the chances are of having 36 eligible clears, at let's say a fixed 10% drop rate, and not getting said item? The answer is 2.2%. .9 ^ 36

Now imagine all of the people that say they are up to 70+ clears. I've met several in my groups.

I refuse to believe that so many people have the worst luck in the world. The drop rate was absolutely bugged going in the wrong direction. Wayyyyy too many people in supposed bottom 1% or 4% of results. The first four weeks I did clears after the alleged "fix" exactly zero people in any of my groups received EoT. That's 3 x 6 x 4, or 72 people. We all know that the drop rate isn't that low. Do you know the chances of rolling a 10-sided-die seventy-two times and not having it come up a '10" even once??? See above.

Jmvm

Oct 31, 2017
Stubbington, UK
Hezen Vengeance is back. Out of the three not returning, Timepiece is the strangest considering the connection to Praedyth but I guess they decided it was redundant. Epilogue was an archetype replaced by SMGs so that makes sense and nobody ever got Foil to drop anyway so I don't think that's too much of a change.
Oy. You take that back. I got Foil on my first ever VoG. Never got anithyng else worth mentioning, but hey ho

Laille

Oct 25, 2017
I'll be the dissent on this one, I guess. I thoroughly enjoyed the challenge of Tempo's Edge, given it's a reissued raid. They'd have to widen the eligibility timeframe for it if they ever do King's Fall though lmao

Bizazedo

Oct 28, 2017
There is no doubt in my mind that EoT was bugged with a deescalating drop rate.

Do you know what the chances are of having 36 eligible clears, at let's say a fixed 10% drop rate, and not getting said item? The answer is 2.2%. .9 ^ 36

Now imagine all of the people that say they are up to 70+ clears. I've met several in my groups.

I refuse to believe that so many people have the worst luck in the world. The drop rate was absolutely bugged going in the wrong direction. Wayyyyy too many people in supposed bottom 1% or 4% of results. The first four weeks I did clears after the alleged "fix" exactly zero people in any of my groups received EoT. That's 3 x 6 x 4, or 72 people. We all know that the drop rate isn't that low. Do you know the chances of rolling a 10-sided-die seventy-two times and not having it come up a '10" even once??? See above.
Same in my group. We've been running DSC every weekend, our group, to get him Eyes, even after the fix. Checkpoint + 3 runs, etc. Eyes hasn't dropped for anyone in our group after the "fix" (the rest of us have it already, thankfully).

Now, we HAVE had an aberration in our group.....one of our extras who fills in when we have a 6th out for real life reasons, he got Eyes his very first AND second runs....but obviously that was way before the fix.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
FYI apparently the cache at the end of VOG is bugged and gives you nothing - so save your spoils

Nothing

Oct 30, 2017
Same in my group. We've been running DSC every weekend, our group, to get him Eyes, even after the fix. Checkpoint + 3 runs, etc. Eyes hasn't dropped for anyone in our group after the "fix" (the rest of us have it already, thankfully).

Now, we HAVE had an aberration in our group.....one of our extras who fills in when we have a 6th out for real life reasons, he got Eyes his very first AND second runs....but obviously that was way before the fix.
If the drop rate was 10%, and not bugged, the chances of not getting EoT in 70 runs would be .06%. I've met dozens of people like this. Albeit there are some liars out there thinking they've had 200 clears and whatnot, there have been 26 weeks since November 21, 2020 making it roughly ~78 possible lootable attempts at rolling for EoT to drop. (minus whatever mistakes I've made in this pencil math).

Even if the drop rate for EoT was merely a fixed 5%, not bugged, and we all know it's not supposed to be that low, then the chances of not getting it in 70 runs would still be only 2.7%. There are WAY more than 3 out of 100 people experiencing this. (The statistical median is not 20 clears, regardless).

Finally, I also believe that they actually fixed the EoT drop rate when Season of the Splicer released last Tuesday.

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
Tonight's will be my first time. Hopefully I can hook up with a crew who knows what to do and is willing to teach.

SilkySm00th

Oct 31, 2017
Got talked back into D2 for the first time in about a year. Pushed up to the splicer stuff rolled the first time and hit the indigo code or whatever that kinetic launcher is called with spiked grenades aaaaand..field prep. :-/

Need that slide shot god roll

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
So what light level is recommended for the new raid? Didn't get to max last season and haven't played much this season.

Oct 26, 2017
Has anyone else this season gotten CONSTANT Anteater and Baboon errors? Used to get a Anteater once per session in previous seasons but holy shit doing VoG today I have never been errored out this much. On Ethernet, open nat ect. Destiny seems to be the only game that just hates my internet.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus Christ I'm never going to get these three MG kills in Iron Banner. Why do they INSIST on doing this?

purg3

Oct 25, 2017
Two runs completed, no Vex or Fatebringer. Got all the other weapon drops though, no standouts as of right now. Absolutely cruised through the second run, fun times.