• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Remnants

Prophet of Regret
Jul 18, 2019
Holy shit the quest for the fusion rifle gambit skin is fucking slow. Like 8 games spamming the toaster got me 8%/

oriic

Prophet of Truth - Press
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Hungary
Guys, the new fusion rifle is Loaded Question 2.0? (Null Composure)

Last edited:

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
Guys, the new fusion rifle is Loaded Question 2.0?

It's a rapid fire frame vs the original's high impact and lacks autoloading holster, so no. The new nightfall legendary fusion rifle Plug One.1 is probably a better version but it can't roll autoloading holster either.

Salvager's Salvo is still the best non-sunset Loaded Question equivalent in terms of replicating that feeling.

oriic

Prophet of Truth - Press
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Hungary
It's a rapid fire frame vs the original's high impact and lacks autoloading holster, so no. The new nightfall legendary fusion rifle Plug One.1 is probably a better version but it can't roll autoloading holster either.

Salvager's Salvo is still the best non-sunset Loaded Question equivalent in terms of replicating that feeling.
Thank you very much. Now i'm using Salvager (5000+ kills), but i loved Reservoir Burst perk. I thought maybe Null Composure will be the LQ successor.

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
If there's one weapon I could un-sunset, it would be Loaded Question. That first round in the mag could make a whole small room full of enemies explode. I still bring it out of the vault on occasion for stuff like Patrol and the regular Strike playlist.

And yeah, unfortunately the new contenders in season 14 are a pale comparison. Loaded Question hit like a mack truck; Null Composure has 40 fewer Impact [!?] and worse perks. Plug One.1 is slightly better (if you can actually get the Transcendent Mind to cough one up, anyway) but it still compares unfavorably to LQ.

mandiller

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Thoughts on the new seasonal guns?

I've got a Chroma Rush auto rifle that has subsistence, tap the trigger and steady rounds. It's pretty fun for killing adds. Super steady for shooting, popping ads with a quick trigger tap for even more stability and it returns rounds to the magazine each kill.

I haven't got a Gridskipper with any worthwhile perks yet, so I'll see how that turns out.

I did get a FWC The Vision sidearm with full auto and it's amazing.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
If there's one weapon I could un-sunset, it would be Loaded Question. That first round in the mag could make a whole small room full of enemies explode. I still bring it out of the vault on occasion for stuff like Patrol and the regular Strike playlist.

And yeah, unfortunately the new contenders in season 14 are a pale comparison. Loaded Question hit like a mack truck; Null Composure has 40 fewer Impact [!?] and worse perks. Plug One.1 is slightly better (if you can actually get the Transcendent Mind to cough one up, anyway) but it still compares unfavorably to LQ.
If I could un-sunset one weapon it would be my god roll Threat Level I got from the Scourge raid - auto-fire, trench barrel, shot package, grave robber, with a masterworked stability.

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, I found the most fun loadout.

You need to have Ignition Code with Lead from Gold, any special energy weapon with Lead from Gold, a heavy LMG.

Use double specials to kill enemies until they drop heavy ammo. Pick up heavy ammo which will generate special ammo for your double special weapons thanks to Lead from Gold. If you ran out of special ammo, you use your heavy LMG to kill adds to drop special ammo.

Never ending ammo regeneration, never use a Primary again.

Oct 29, 2017
Thoughts on the new seasonal guns?

I've got a Chroma Rush auto rifle that has subsistence, tap the trigger and steady rounds. It's pretty fun for killing adds. Super steady for shooting, popping ads with a quick trigger tap for even more stability and it returns rounds to the magazine each kill.

I haven't got a Gridskipper with any worthwhile perks yet, so I'll see how that turns out.

I did get a FWC The Vision sidearm with full auto and it's amazing.

yeah that FWC sidearm is great, I got one that's been putting in work as well.

So far though nothing has come close to Salvager's Salvo, that GL is just so good.

Dakkon

Oct 27, 2017
Ok, I found the most fun loadout.

You need to have Ignition Code with Lead from Gold, any special energy weapon with Lead from Gold, a heavy LMG.

Use double specials to kill enemies until they drop heavy ammo. Pick up heavy ammo which will generate special ammo for your double special weapons thanks to Lead from Gold. If you ran out of special ammo, you use your heavy LMG to kill adds to drop special ammo.

Never ending ammo regeneration, never use a Primary again.

Counterpoint:

Use Ignition Code with Slideshot, play with a Geomag friend using Special Finisher and let them get some finishers sometimes.

Slide everywhere shooting nonstop grenades without ever needing to reload.

e:

This is it in PvP so imagine it being about 10x more absurd in PvE & Gambit.

Oct 29, 2017
Counterpoint:

Use Ignition Code with Slideshot, play with a Geomag friend using Special Finisher and let them get some finishers sometimes.

e:

That's wild lol

God, remote detonation GLs are so good.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I noticed this leaked cutscene while browsing Youtube. I'm guessing it will be out next week :

Pretty cool! Also, I wouldn't want to be an
Eliksni on the Tower
after watching that. :o

Oct 27, 2017
so is the only why to get hunter MAIN (the really ugly ass exotic legs is in the lost sector)? Im only 1277 right now.. :/ Does Exotics even drop in the game lol now i have almost every one for my hunter, but the last seasons. Of course im really stupid and got the 14.99 silver bundle splicier thing and forgot about the damn deluxe upgrade for 5 dollar more at 19.99 more for all seasons -_- o well.

TsuWave

Oct 27, 2017
Came here to post about my ignition code with slideshot, but it seems like it's the conversation here already. have not taken it off since the first day of the season.

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
I think whatever backdoor making crossplay possible has potentially opened a window to console cheating. Just anecdotally speaking from some people's experiences in comp/trials. Hopefully it's not true.
Apparently this is net limiting, so it's induced lag without getting disconnected.

lorddarkflare

Oct 25, 2017
Counterpoint:

e:

This is repulsive.

I MUST have it.

I noticed this leaked cutscene while browsing Youtube. I'm guessing it will be out next week :

Pretty cool! Also, I wouldn't want to be an
Eliksni on the Tower
after watching that. :o

Dunno what they did, but Bungie's writing and presentation in the main story has substantially improved.

Novocaine

Oct 26, 2017
Guys, the new fusion rifle is Loaded Question 2.0? (Null Composure)

Not really. Auto loading holster made Loaded Question such an animal IMO.

You can make Null Composure work pretty well with some mods, shooting once and reloading with essentially infinite ammo, but if you're going to dedicate most of your mod slots to that you might as well just use Telesto.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
I get the appeal of LQ with auto loading, but Null with Feeding Frenzy seems to work just as well. If anything, I can more understand the perspective of people who feel like the rapid fire vs. high impact frames makes a bigger difference

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Breech grenade launchers are the best special weapons. They do everything a fusion, shotgun or sniper does combined. The only competition is maybe a god roll Succession. Salvo is going to make everything irrelevant for a while, as will Ignition Code. Mountaintop dominated the space absolutely due to its unique features, but any breech grenade isn't too far off from fulfilling that role.

But that's why you have the artifact mods around to determine the meta for every season.

Makeno

Dec 4, 2018
avi8kby.png

Gotta have that shine.

Shayura's Wrath is stupid good. Haven't even tried the roll with Kill Clip yet.

PhaZe 5

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully future maps are better but Override is becoming pretty bad. Not near enough enemy density for 6 players, random pauses in the action for the lame target practice segments, having to run to and from to pick up motes, etc. Battlegrounds had more enemies and it was a 3 player event.

I'm trying to think of a worse event. Might be tied with Season of the Worthy's Seraph Towers.

Loot and story are great so far, hopefully Bungie has more in store gameplay wise though.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
People were doing this for Garden of Salvation during the first 24 hours for the emblem

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Override is OK, grateful it's not as long and drawn out as battlegrounds - that was a strike on of itself.

We need to go to the moon to do more stuff. Very under utilised.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit I may have a new favorite gun, Feeding Frenzy/Killclip
E1hyYdBXMAQh-ZS

This feels absolutely PERFECT for add clear and reminds me a ton of my old favorite D1 gun Paleocontact JPK-43. My god does this feel good.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Gambit, but for different reasons.

PvP content in this game is basura.

Someone at Bungie saw the Revenant Hunter who is able to spam two shurikens that track, bounce off walls and slow for an eternity, slow dodge (with the more absurd Bakris), completely disappear with their double jump, completely disappear after completely disappearing from their double jump with shatterdive and now have buffed coldsnap that chases you across the map.

They saw all of this and thought "this is good to go". And these guys want to make a competitive PVP game. Good luck to anyone who wants to play that.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Someone at Bungie saw the Revenant Hunter who is able to spam two shurikens that track, bounce off walls and slow for an eternity, slow dodge (with the more absurd Bakris), completely disappear with their double jump, completely disappear after completely disappearing from their double jump with shatterdive and now have buffed coldsnap that chases you across the map.

They saw all of this and thought "this is good to go". And these guys want to make a competitive PVP game. Good luck to anyone who wants to play that.
Yh, fuck hunters.

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
Holy shit I may have a new favorite gun, Feeding Frenzy/Killclip
E1hyYdBXMAQh-ZS

This feels absolutely PERFECT for add clear and reminds me a ton of my old favorite D1 gun Paleocontact JPK-43. My god does this feel good.
Chroma's a pretty great auto in general. I've got one with Subsistence and Thresh and it's just been a ult-charging machine. (Helps that autos can also be anti-barrier this season too.) I have another with Moving Target and Rampage that I want to take into PvP as well.

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Worthy's public event was way worse than Override, especially when it changed mid-season and became more about keeping enemies off the plates. Probably the most annoying PVE experience I've ever had in Destiny. Override's biggest sin is just being a bit boring

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So far, Battlegrounds > Override. Enemy density is the key to making PVE engaging since Bungie really can't pull off compelling objective-based design that isn't balls or motes. Battlegrounds wasn't that impressive, but at least you had plenty to shooty shooty bang bang at.

Hopefully it gets better in the coming weeks when Override takes place in other locations but at the moment it's just demolishing enemies at their spawn point, shooting the floaty things and then waiting for your teammate to climb to the top to hack. I don't even pick up the motes or go in the portal. Don't even bother with the platforming at this point either since my dream can just drag me.