• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thezboson

Oct 27, 2017
Solo Trails is great, since it means I can play trails.

I am not really managing many wins and flawless is not even a remote possibility. But hey, maybe the Messenger will drop.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Solo Trails is great, since it means I can play trails.

I am not really managing many wins and flawless is not even a remote possibility. But hey, maybe the Messenger will drop.
Just stick with your teammates if you aren't, it really goes a long way, especially on this map. I'm mega rusty and it's been going well just doing that, was able to get all the weapons and armor in a couple hours (now I just need some good rolls).

thezboson

Oct 27, 2017
Just stick with your teammates if you aren't, it really goes a long way, especially on this map. I'm mega rusty and it's been going well just doing that, was able to get all the weapons and armor in a couple hours (now I just need some good rolls).
Yeah, I am sticking close to my team mates, but I am rarely contributing anything of worth other than the occasional arc soul.
Did get a Messenger though, but not a super good roll. I am guessing stability MW is basically mandatory.

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
First rank up engram of the week after not playing Trials since they opened the matchmaking.

Arrowhead Brake/Outlaw/Desperado Messenger.

Just like Misraaks said, the Light provides.

Also question, is Desperado good for PvE or should I just stick with the One for All roll?

thezboson

Oct 27, 2017
A Fractetyst has dropped four games in a row. The game knows that I shard them without even looking at the roll, right?

Canyon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Should I not feel bad if I can't solo a dungeon? Tried Prophecy and I just don't have it in me to keep dying at the first boss encounter.

Oct 28, 2017
Should I not feel bad if I can't solo a dungeon? Tried Prophecy and I just don't have it in me to keep dying at the first boss encounter.

First fight is the toughest. You have some very annoying enemies in a very small space, with objectives that require you to show your arse to the enemy. At least with the other events, you have much more room to breathe.

Oct 27, 2017
It's been awhile since I ran it solo (or at all really) but the Exotic SMG Riskrunner with a Falling Guillotine sword and say a blinding grenade launcher would be a good loadout to try on the first boss encounter along with Concussive Dampener, some Taken mods, and a Charged with Light setup.

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
Kinda depends on if u have done the dungeon before or not. If u have done it in a group before and know the mechanics, it should be possible. First timing the dungeon solo is definitely a no-go.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Is the Passage of Wealth bugged? I just get +200 from win 3 onwards, but also getting that when I lose too.

martson2

Dec 18, 2017
Ah, that would explain it, what does that Passage even do then, it definitely didn't give me a boost on win 5 or 7, unless it's no U.I for it.

You might not have noticed it but when I got my 3rd win I got 400 points instead of 200 as I was at the 20 win cap. Once you reach past 7 wins there is no more benefit as 200 is the max you will get.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Yay, I finally got some decent rolls back-to-back-to-back.
Arrow-head- Rapid Hit - Kill Clip Messenger (meh rest).
Tunnel Vision and Snapshot Shayura's (for the mode where you die in like a blink of a eye).
I think a really good Igneous Hammer, which has Corkscrew - Appended-mag - Subsistence (not sure it's good in PvP) - Opening Shot, with a range MW.
Still have a couple levels and might try get a Kill-Clip Shayura's (giving up on Messenger, almost every other roll had the last standing perk, which would be useless to me after this weekend), but I'm getting poor :(

You might not have noticed it but when I got my 3rd win I got 400 points instead of 200 as I was at the 20 win cap. Once you reach past 7 wins there is no more benefit as 200 is the max you will get.
Yeah, that's probably the case, I do definitely remember 3 having a boost, just not 5 or 7.

Last edited:

AlphaCookie

Nov 6, 2017
Washington
My favorite thing about Freelance is that it took 1 playlist with inconsistent, lopsided matchmaking, and made 2 playlists with inconsistent lopsided matchmaking. But hey, the matchmaking is quick because no one is touching stackland with a 30ft pole.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
My favorite thing about Freelance is that it took 1 playlist with inconsistent, lopsided matchmaking, and made 2 playlists with inconsistent lopsided matchmaking. But hey, the matchmaking is quick because no one is touching stackland with a 30ft pole.
Yeah, it's actually impressive how consistently my games are being stomps, I think only like 2 have been close, out of about 30+.

Sephiroth

Oct 26, 2017
Just noticed the sword can roll Chain Reaction. Looks fun to use. 👀

It is!

8Ge3T56.jpg

^I have one with it, yes, it is fun.

What GM drops the adept Uzume?

They are on a rotating schedule. So its not a specific GM strike.

Sephiroth

Oct 26, 2017
I thought Trials weapons always had Celerity as the second option in the last column. How come urs has Thresh?

You can't have those perks on a sword.

Increases weapon handling and reload speed. Gain the following effects while you are the last living member of your fireteam:
• Increased target acquisition
• Increased handling and reload speed
• Reduced flinch from incoming fire

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
You can't have those perks on a sword.

Increases weapon handling and reload speed. Gain the following effects while you are the last living member of your fireteam:
• Increased target acquisition
• Increased handling and reload speed
• Reduced flinch from incoming fire
Ah, makes sense then.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Just noticed the sword can roll Chain Reaction. Looks fun to use. 👀
It isn't.

I wouldn't waste your time. It's something that looks fun on paper. In practice, the chain reaction explosions almost never happen in any meaningful way. Like, sure the enemy you attack will explode which is neat I guess, but it almost never turns into any sort of chain kills like you might see with a GL or RL. Enemies just don't group closely together like that. The entire point of the perk is chaining explosions, and it does not produce those in any volume.

This is 10000% a weapon you should not feel any sort of FOMO over if you don't have one.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It isn't.

I wouldn't waste your time. It's something that looks fun on paper. In practice, the chain reaction explosions almost never happen in any meaningful way. Like, sure the enemy you attack will explode which is neat I guess, but it almost never turns into any sort of chain kills like you might see with a GL or RL. Enemies just don't group closely together like that. The entire point of the perk is chaining explosions, and it does not produce those in any volume.

This is 10000% a weapon you should not feel any sort of FOMO over if you don't have one.
I forgot I even have one.

Wyze

Nov 15, 2018
Gosh. One perk away from a Quickfang godroll. Got even an Impact MW. Fuck.

Energy Transfer and Assassin Blade. Would've loved Relentless or Thresh for Energy Transfer.

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
It isn't.

Too late, spend my 12 engrams trying to get a Chain Reaction roll on it. Finally got it on the last engram. -_-

Just tried it out and it's fun though. Got a roll with Tireless Blade and Chain Reaction. I thought Tireless Blade only gave back ammo on every other kill with the heavy attack, but apparently it doesn't work like that? I also get ammo back from kills with my light attack and the explosions. Sometimes I get more ammo back than I use lol.

Bungo only needs to either increase the damage of the heavy or decrease the ammo cost of it.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
You'll get waves of never ending Psions and flame spewing Knights.
I was gonna' say, though Glassway was the roughest GM I've played so far (did last seasons + this season's)...the one thing that kept it together with the Minotaurs was that, that room had a decent amount of cover and chokepoints to manage them. And of course Stasis Turrets and Anarcy were huge. The Corrupted worries me because of the Venn diagram of "very little cover, a shit ton of ads with homing shots, ability to easily get pushed off an edge, flame spewing that can basically one shot, snipers that can one shot and...what feels like a longer than average time to get to the boss room."

When GMs don't have a load of bullshit, I actually really enjoy the loop. But this season just feels like they chose strikes that amplify the worst parts of the GM experience.

Last edited:

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, it's actually impressive how consistently my games are being stomps, I think only like 2 have been close, out of about 30+.

I actually had opposite experience. Even at 6-7 wins card, stomps rarely happens and lots of 5-3 and 5-4. Also I never see anyone bagging (from my team or enemies's). I really doubt it, but I hope freelance playlist stays.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Too late, spend my 12 engrams trying to get a Chain Reaction roll on it. Finally got it on the last engram. -_-

Just tried it out and it's fun though. Got a roll with Tireless Blade and Chain Reaction. I thought Tireless Blade only gave back ammo on every other kill with the heavy attack, but apparently it doesn't work like that? I also get ammo back from kills with my light attack and the explosions. Sometimes I get more ammo back than I use lol.

Bungo only needs to either increase the damage of the heavy or decrease the ammo cost of it.
have fun! it isn't a bad weapon. it's just...once you unequip it it's probably going to be collecting dust forever more.

Milk

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I think this GM is officially giving me even more trouble than Glassway. Feels real shitty to spend almost the entire week investing hours in and still not a fucking clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.