• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DWarriorSN

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PA
Most of the crown of sorrow is worthless and it pretty obvious how hard they wanted you to grind this season.

Legit only need the 3 deepsight related ones in the top, none of the middle ones and like 5 of the bottom row but only because they unlock focusing which is literally just forced time gating and in my case i dont even need armor focusing.

The fact that you get so little opulent energy has had the opposite effect from what they were trying to do, now I'm just not playing PvE/farming at all until i get my guaranteed red border at reset and then I'm done for the week lol.

If i could reasonably farm energy at least i could be working on getting other weapons beyond the 1 I really want because I'd be able to do it in a realistic time frame but nope, i'll just get the 1 and be done with the system entirely.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I mean, cool I guess but blade barrage would have done more damage. Or just be a solar titan and stand right next to him spamming hammer melee.
Yeah but the overall damage you can do with the Ahamkara build is better in the long run over the course of the activity than the Barrage build with the Star Eaters. Which is what I prefer in my builds.

Barrage build definitely has the highest burst though for sure.

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah but the overall damage you can do with the Ahamkara build is better in the long run than the Barrage build with the Star Eaters. Which is what I prefer in my builds.

Barrage Definitely has the highest burst though for sure.
You can get barrage back ridiculously fast with shards of galanor. Unlimited trip mines is fun too though.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
You can get barrage back ridiculously fast with shards of galanor. Unlimited trip mines is fun too though.
Yeah but Gallanor doesn't give that huge damage boost of Star Eater. So it hits like a basic nova bomb. If I am gonna go for Barrage I would want to use the Star Eater version I think, but I don't have those yet.

But yeah the trip mine thing is great fun. Infinite grenades is always a good time.

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
Man, I hate the pinnacle system. I just got a 1568 Nezarec's Whisper glaive as my pinnacle from this week's sever that I completed using a 1568 Nezarec's Whisper...

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
I'm starting to go the way of the Vooper in Crucible I think. With shotgun range and consistency nerfed a bit and the buff to High Impact fusions I am finding some love in an old Glacioclasm I've had stuffed in the vault. Under Pressure / High Impact Reserves/ Liquid Coils and 100 recoil direction with my barrel and a CB mod means it feels really good and consistent and only 3 bolts have to hit for a kill with this roll. I'm having some fun with it right now.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah but Gallanor doesn't give that huge damage boost of Star Eater. So it hits like a basic nova bomb. If I am gonna go for Barrage I would want to use the Star Eater version I think, but I don't have those yet.

But yeah the trip mine thing is great fun. Infinite grenades is always a good time.
Don't underestimate blade barrage every 1 minute.

It's like the old Ahamkara.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017

SES got nerfed hard when we switched away from masterwork orbs. It takes too long now to accumulated enough orbs to make SES worth it most of the time. I'm using Galanor instead and it rips.

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
Dunno you guys,

I am scared for Zavala...

"the human mind was not meant to live this long."
Saladin is old af too and you don't see him going on these tangents.

That reminds me that Shaxx is also old af... Aaaaand the Savathun song thing with the Ahamkara bones on top of him got thrown under the rug when Savathun showed up 🙄

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Saladin is old af too and you don't see him going on these tangents.

That reminds me that Shaxx is also old af... Aaaaand the Savathun song thing with the Ahamkara bones on top of him got thrown under the rug when Savathun showed up 🙄
Didn't she use the song to infiltrate and hide from him. It wasn't an actual weapon, but a tool she uses to twist reality around you.

Shane

Oct 25, 2017
The exotic called Ager's Scepter is amazing for doing the no ability ones. You can get it from exotic kiosk in-between the vaults on the tower.

What do you mean "no ability" ones? I see the stats on it now and it says it slows nearby enemies on kills which sounds awesome.

I was otherwise curious about running strikes solo so I can just farm kills on my own.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
What do you mean "no ability" ones? I see the stats on it now and it says it slows nearby enemies on kills which sounds awesome.

I was otherwise curious about running strikes solo so I can just farm kills on my own.
Some will say like get melee kills or grenades, there's a lot of Stasis quests.

Ager's is one of the best weapons they've ever done, just great and really fun.

If you turn off cross play it should just put you in solo (it will try and matchmake, but shouldn't find anyone usually), only other option is Legend Nightfall.

oriic

Prophet of Truth - Press
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Hungary
are you on PC? Some of us would be happy to play with you and get you across the finish line. Solo is not the way.

Basically my main platform is Xbox Series X, but I also have PVE friends on PC and on PlayStation 5 (crossplay \o/)
I also use Discord on PC, but I have problems with English (my native language is hungarian). I'd be happy to play Trials as a team if things work out, solo really isn't the best many times.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm surprised my go to Exotic weapon for this season has been the Monte Carlo. It synergizes so well with my Hunter build in pretty much all content including all encounters in the Duality dungeon solo. Speaking of Hunters, I fear once this season is over so will Solar 3.0 in many respects for the class and it will once again be relegated to Solar week for Vanguard Strikes. Bungie could change the Acrobat Dodge to proc Restoration instead of Radiant (especially considering a Fragment can already allow Hunters to become Radiant easily). The increased cooldown time of the Acrobat Dodge would seemingly balance things as well as you wouldn't have it back nearly as quick as say Marksman's Dodge and it wouldn't serve as double duty in reloading your weapons either or giving you back your melee as Gambler's does...just a simple focus on Restoration with an increase in cooldown compared to what is currently possible with Marksman's and Classy Restoration...seems like a decent trade-off to keep the subclass viable at least.

Otherwise, Hunters will likely be back to Nightstalker for all end-game content (sure, Arc 3.0 is coming and will probably be over-powered for it's focused season but it will likely share the same possible fate that Solar 3.0 could for the class).

edgefusion

Oct 27, 2017
On the topic of Galanor, I can't believe it made it into the live game looking the way it does, or that it never got fixed in all this time. The shoulders are way too small, leaving weird action figure looking gaps on 90% of chests. This model is way below the bar Bungie have set.

rezn0r

Oct 25, 2017
Heart of Inmost Light is by far the best Titan exotic and it looks like ass no matter what.

I've actually been liking the "Vex-ish" ornament for it paired up with other Vex'y things like VoG's mark & helmet, etc. Think I mixed in some DSC pieces too, maybe the legs. I should've saved what I had going on, I finally farmed Lorely, got buzzed, and now my Titan has flames shooting out of every hole crevice & naughty bit

Oct 27, 2017
Heart of Inmost Light is by far the best Titan exotic and it looks like ass no matter what.
I think my wannabe Master Chief looks great...

51910032161_3ff6f02b10_b.jpg

...the blue is just the life-blood and power of the Light showing through.

Corncob

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Can you still farm Duality or did they patch that out? I want a stormchaser so bad but I can never get it to drop.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
I had to give Heart of Inmost Light a break. Not because it isn't great but because I was tired of using it and wanted to do something different for a change.

So far my go-to Exotics for my Titan this Season has been a healthy mix of Phoenix Cradle, Synthoceps, Dunemarchers and Loreley helm. For PVP I've been mainly sticking with Dunes but will start to mix in some Peacekeepers whenever I am running with an SMG (which seems to be often, lately).

CorpseLight

Nov 3, 2018
I had to give Heart of Inmost Light a break. Not because it isn't great but because I was tired of using it and wanted to do something different for a change.

So far my go-to Exotics for my Titan this Season has been a healthy mix of Phoenix Cradle, Synthoceps, Dunemarchers and Loreley helm. For PVP I've been mainly sticking with Dunes but will start to mix in some Peacekeepers whenever I am running with an SMG (which seems to be often, lately).
I pretty much just stick to Lorelei for Solar, Heart for Void, Skullfort / Falling Stars for Arc, and Hoarfrost for Stasis. I'm pretty casual so don't have multiple sets of masterworked armor to keep for each subclass so this works for me

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Skullfort is the one Armor 1.0 exotic I still have. I keep buying engrams, pulling engrams from vendors, etc, and I haven't dropped a replacement. I don't even know if Xur can sell it or if it counts as one of those paid exotics that are never in his pool.

Sephiroth

Oct 26, 2017
Skullfort is tje most fun exotic they ever created.
Skullfort is the one Armor 1.0 exotic I still have. I keep buying engrams, pulling engrams from vendors, etc, and I haven't dropped a replacement. I don't even know if Xur can sell it or if it counts as one of those paid exotics that are never in his pool.

It should be. I'm pretty sure he has sold it.

Dio

Oct 25, 2017
this took a bit, but i'm happy with this build. while solar is fun, i still prefer Void waaaay more. Now, to focus armor for a solar build and overtime, masterwork that too:
qaqvPIF.jpeg

CorpseLight

Nov 3, 2018
Missile Titan + Skullforth is what absolutely sealed Titan as my favourite class, will never not just make me have a good time. Really excited (also scared, plz Bungo don't kill it) to see how Arc 3.0 changes it.
Ballistic Slam will almost certainly be a fragment the same as all the mobile based melee attacks. They will probably add a ranged melee to Arc like the hammer or stasis Lance. Probably a lightning bolt that lands and does aoe dmg + stacking polarity charges or whatever they come up with.

Status
Not open for further replies.