• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
I love doing 30+ loot sector runs to finally get the exotic i wanted only for it to be this dogshit roll. Hell my 48 roll has better stat distrubution so this isnt even an upgrade.

tiger-release-final-20220614-155129.png
I'd say just wait for a Grandmaster week. You'll get 1-2 exotics per run, and the fast ones can be done in 10-15 minutes. Plus I think GMs (and maybe Master?) guarantee "high stat" aka 60+.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I love doing 30+ loot sector runs to finally get the exotic i wanted only for it to be this dogshit roll. Hell my 48 roll has better stat distrubution so this isnt even an upgrade.

tiger-release-final-20220614-155129.png
At least you can do them. I still have yet to be able to even step foot into one.

I can't seem to ever catch up to the cap as a solo player.

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
Anyone know how much extra opulent umbral energy you get from the umbral rift upgrade? Debating between that and focusing double perk for my 2nd upgrade module this week

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got my Steam Deck. Destiny 2 runs pretty good.

Win Max 2021 still has better performance by a bit but the joysticks are doo-doo compared to the Deck's lol

ajido

Unshakable Resolve
Dec 7, 2018
Really wish I could get a refund on that stupid 30th anniversary bundle. That loot cave dungeon is just pure troll bullshit. Fuck.

rezn0r

Oct 25, 2017
20220613212602_1.jpg

20220614224946_1.jpg

solar 3.0 titan is ridiculous

Love to see it. Love soloing things but have never gone hard with the dungeons (and the way I just worded that - don't get me wrong - I don't solo crazy things, I just like not dealing with people). After seeing so many people say right now is the best time to tackle the previous dungeons, any chance you want to share your loadout or DIM loadout URL?

I need to farm Lorely, I bet. Been slacking on a few recent non-warlock exotics. Been loving different combinations of Titan Solar 3.0+throwing hammer+Synthoceps (although I'm not even sure the Synthos stack with everything I assume they do after all the changes).

Cheers!

CrudeDiatribe

Oct 25, 2017
Eastern Canada

Just to see, I just tried today's (The Quarry) at legend while at 1543 total power and not remembering anything about it. Boss room was a bit hairy (died three times). Used Starfire Protocol warlock with a void pulse for barrier and Leviathan's Breath for unstoppable. Brought an unused Austringer to level it but without that boat anchor you could probably construct a better load out.

Edit: the only solar shield is on the boss and an unstoppable champ spawns with two yellow-bar nightmares at 50% health from a monster closet cave on the right of the boss room.

Last edited:

oriic

Prophet of Truth - Press
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Hungary
I think I was the unluckiest Trials player last weekend. I'm not a good PVP player at all, but for some reason I still love playing Destiny 2. Mostly Control goes with friends or alone, but I also check out Trials of Osiris almost every weekend. I play solo most of the time because friends are not interested in that mode, and LFG is not a long term solution for me (Hard to speak in English. Yeah, i know...stupid thing...).

Bungie told me earlier that Trials is problematic this weekend, plus I saw that there is no Freelance mode, still I thought I'd give it a try. I've had the hardest matches in months, but finally managed to solo my way to 6 wins before reset yesterday (Mercy done...). I finally got up the nerve to look for two players on LFG who would volunteer to help me win a match without a MIC, so I could finally get my first flawless in this season.

I managed to find two great guys, got the win, was happy, thanked them, said good night and headed to the Lighthouse.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FVSmrISWAAAzLMs?format=jpg&name=large

After spawn, I took a picture of myself standing there alone and then I made my way to the chest.

Then the game kicked me into the main menu, because maintenance had started.

No loot, no emblem, no glowing effect, nothing... :)

My weekend stats:

39 wins - 94 losses - 0 true flawless

https://trials.report/report/1/4611686018429877209

Oct 25, 2017
Love to see it. Love soloing things but have never gone hard with the dungeons (and the way I just worded that - don't get me wrong - I don't solo crazy things, I just like not dealing with people). After seeing so many people say right now is the best time to tackle the previous dungeons, any chance you want to share your loadout or DIM loadout URL?

I need to farm Lorely, I bet. Been slacking on a few recent non-warlock exotics. Been loving different combinations of Titan Solar 3.0+throwing hammer+Synthoceps (although I'm not even sure the Synthos stack with everything I assume they do after all the changes).

Cheers!

which titan build(s) were you using?

I haven't shared builds with DIM before but hopefully this works?

Equipped

Destiny 2 loadout settings shared from DIM

Basically, just Loreleys with 100 resist and hammers. My Loreleys aren't even that good and the build isn't super optimized either. My Titan armors are pretty bad cause I used to only play Warlock until this season. Calus Mini-tool and Sniper/Fusion in the kinetic spot depending on the situation. I used Lement for bosses except for Kell Echo where I used a linear fusion. You may not do as damage as Synthos but it's really a foolproof way to survive basically everything. There's no enrage timer in Dungeons so you can just take your time even if you don't do a lot of damage during DPS phases.

rezn0r

Oct 25, 2017
Basically, just Loreleys with 100 resist and hammers. My Loreleys aren't even that good and the build isn't super optimized either. My Titan armors are pretty bad cause I used to only play Warlock until this season. Calus Mini-tool and Sniper/Fusion in the kinetic spot depending on the situation. I used Lement for bosses except for Kell Echo where I used a linear fusion. You may not do as damage as Synthos but it's really a foolproof way to survive basically everything. There's no enrage timer in Dungeons so you can just take your time even if you don't do a lot of damage during DPS phases.

Very cool, thanks. Just got Lorely 5 minutes ago!

There are some crazy Lament/Lucent/well builds now with solar 3.0, I was using one on Warlock which I titled Suicidal Lament.

DIM loadout manager + subclass 3.0 has definitely breathed new life into D2 for me, it's my favorite part about it now.

WhisperOfMalice

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Just to see, I just tried today's (The Quarry) at legend while at 1543 total power and not remembering anything about it. Boss room was a bit hairy (died three times). Used Starfire Protocol warlock with a void pulse for barrier and Leviathan's Breath for unstoppable. Brought an unused Austringer to level it but without that boat anchor you could probably construct a better load out.

Edit: the only solar shield is on the boss and an unstoppable champ spawns with two yellow-bar nightmares at 50% health from a monster closet cave on the right of the boss room.
I'll have to give it a shot I guess.

azfaru

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Really wish I could get a refund on that stupid 30th anniversary bundle. That loot cave dungeon is just pure troll bullshit. Fuck.

Lol what? It's super fun and light hearted too. Second best dungeon for me. Yes the troll bits with the spike is annoying at first but then you just learn not to get fucked by it again

Green

Oct 27, 2017
Finally finished the Witch Queen campaign. Bought the deluxe pack a few weeks back and have been slowly working my way through it.

Very cool! I actually really enjoyed that probably more than any Destiny campaign going back to D1. I soloed the whole thing on Legendary. Little bits of challenge here and there, but I was able to use whatever mix of weapons and load out I felt like and made it through.

I really appreciated no weird things like Match Game or Champions, too. Felt like I had a lot more options to deal with the battles.

I'm also glad it seems like I can just replay it whenever I want. Which seems like a first for Destiny. So many campaigns I wanted to just replay a mission here or there.

Well done Bungie. I've been super critical for a while since they started Vaulting paid content, but this one they did good work imo.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
I did Sever with solar subclass, Witherhoard, mini tool, and Code Duello, but I didn't get the seasonal quest completion. Anyone know why?

ajido

Unshakable Resolve
Dec 7, 2018
Lol what? It's super fun and light hearted too. Second best dungeon for me. Yes the troll bits with the spike is annoying at first but then you just learn not to get fucked by it again

YMMV but the platforming hallway with the trapdoor was awful for me. Bashed my head into it for a half hour before giving up. Just seems like trolling the player base. Was really frustrating. I'm also battling covid atm so not a great time to be taking on anything mildly challenging.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
What's a really good healing warlock build for me to try to solo Dungeons? I have such a hard time soloing - for example the first boss in Prophecy because you have to constantly be on the move gathering motes. A lot of builds I see require you to stay still in a rift and that won't work for Prophecy or Duality because it requires you to be constantly on the move.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
What's a really good healing warlock build for me to try to solo Dungeons? I have such a hard time soloing - for example the first boss in Prophecy because you have to constantly be on the move gathering motes. A lot of builds I see require you to stay still in a rift and that won't work for Prophecy or Duality because it requires you to be constantly on the move.

Classy Restoration is all you need. Need a rift in a pinch? Starfire Protocol -> Grenade kill gives instant rift

Run a solar weapon with the aspect that refreshes Radiant/Restoration on kill = infinite healing

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
High Resilience (10 ideally) + Classy Restoration is the "easy mode" for solo encounters. I've done that with an exotic not even tied to solar and it's been strong enough. Then, just grab a special weapon that can quickly clear ads (like, for example a wave frame GL) and a heavy that can do heavy burst damage and you should be good. The energy weapon is kind of the key here - Glaives, GLs, weapons that can kill more than 1 enemy in a shot make all of the timed parts a lot easier than if you are trying to kill them with a scout or hand cannon.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
High Resilience (10 ideally) + Classy Restoration is the "easy mode" for solo encounters. I've done that with an exotic not even tied to solar and it's been strong enough. Then, just grab a special weapon that can quickly clear ads (like, for example a wave frame GL) and a heavy that can do heavy burst damage and you should be good.
OK I'll try my solar GL. Thanks!

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
OK I'll try my solar GL. Thanks!
You are probably okay to experiment here too. For Duality, Glaives are great for the 1st encounter where you have to go in the side rooms with the nightmares (you can also equip the artifact mod where if you have a Glaive equipped you can extend the buff timer). But you can also do it with a sword in the heavy (lots of ammo + quick easy kills), or something like Forbearance that can 1-2 two shot those enemies, leaving your Heavy for the boss. It's just about killing them quickly and then having heavy + super for the boss left while your buff is still up. For the 2nd encounter, I always just run Forbearance for ad clear, Gjallahorn to one shot the standard bearer on the platform, but again, its just about a weapon that can quickly clear ads so you have a lot of time to get back to the bell.

For Prophecy, solo, it's probably most important to just stay alive and be able to one shot the enemies that need to drop motes.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I think I was the unluckiest Trials player last weekend. I'm not a good PVP player at all, but for some reason I still love playing Destiny 2. Mostly Control goes with friends or alone, but I also check out Trials of Osiris almost every weekend. I play solo most of the time because friends are not interested in that mode, and LFG is not a long term solution for me (Hard to speak in English. Yeah, i know...stupid thing...).

Bungie told me earlier that Trials is problematic this weekend, plus I saw that there is no Freelance mode, still I thought I'd give it a try. I've had the hardest matches in months, but finally managed to solo my way to 6 wins before reset yesterday (Mercy done...). I finally got up the nerve to look for two players on LFG who would volunteer to help me win a match without a MIC, so I could finally get my first flawless in this season.

I managed to find two great guys, got the win, was happy, thanked them, said good night and headed to the Lighthouse.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FVSmrISWAAAzLMs?format=jpg&name=large

After spawn, I took a picture of myself standing there alone and then I made my way to the chest.

Then the game kicked me into the main menu, because maintenance had started.

No loot, no emblem, no glowing effect, nothing... :)

My weekend stats:

39 wins - 94 losses - 0 true flawless

https://trials.report/report/1/4611686018429877209
are you on PC? Some of us would be happy to play with you and get you across the finish line. Solo is not the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.