• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CorpseLight

Nov 3, 2018
drifter-destiny.gif

lorddarkflare

Oct 25, 2017
With the newly available fragments, solar had become legit broken.

The complaints about being underpowered continue to amuse me in the face how how redonk it is

xGeneral Ice

Nov 1, 2017
Anyone know why I can't get dailies for my third character for iron banana? I didn't have any problems with my second? Maybe cause I didnt finish witch queen on my third?

Adder7806

Dec 16, 2018
Just finished match 18 in IB. My win record was 2 - 16. Most were 0 -5 loses. The worst being an 0 -3 loss against a 6 person clan team that made us play the whole match because they thought it was fun to pick up the spark and run around with it instead of dunking it. All in all a miserable time. I gave it a shot. When it worked it was almost fun but overall I just hated every second. Glad their trying things but for me this one needs a bit more time in the oven.

Edit: Also, at some point around game 5 my Iron Lord quest vanished so that also sucked.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
Got hit with the nobody can pick up the spark bug so we all stood and emoted together until sudden death with the three sparks. Good times.

Soggoth

Oct 29, 2017
How's the new season in terms of new activity, weapons? Worth coming back or skipperino? :)

TsuWave

Oct 27, 2017
this starfire fusion nade build is the strongest I've ever felt in Destiny and it feels so good. I was down about not getting the Austringer to drop so I skipped a few days, came back and I can't stop playing now

CorpseLight

Nov 3, 2018
Its bold prediction time for the next Season.

since the Leviathan came back out of the DCV for this Season, I think the next Season will be Fallen based and will have us reclaiming Titan for Mithrax and the House of Light to live on. Especially since this Season it doesn't seem like we are focusing on the Lucent Hive either, and Titan has always been a Fallen/ Hive area.

Feb 4, 2018
Its bold prediction time for the next Season.

since the Leviathan came back out of the DCV for this Season, I think the next Season will be Fallen based and will have us reclaiming Titan for Mithrax and the House of Light to live on. Especially since this Season it doesn't seem like we are focusing on the Lucent Hive either, and Titan has always been a Fallen/ Hive area.
I don't think they'd add an entire planet in a seasonal release, but here's to hoping.

My guess is that they'll use Titan for a dungeon or something.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Banana Lord done, double rep should just be standard, fixed my only real complaint and almost got a 3rd reset when doing the challenges.

Also discovered I really good on Warlock, got 3 20 kill streaks in my 18 games, I can probably count the amount of "we rans" I've gotten in total on 1 hand before that.

Temperance

Oct 25, 2017
[NO 2FA]
Just finished match 18 in IB. My win record was 2 - 16. Most were 0 -5 loses. The worst being an 0 -3 loss against a 6 person clan team that made us play the whole match because they thought it was fun to pick up the spark and run around with it instead of dunking it. All in all a miserable time. I gave it a shot. When it worked it was almost fun but overall I just hated every second. Glad their trying things but for me this one needs a bit more time in the oven.
Did we play the same team? Had this occur last night, they know how to get you given the chance lol.

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
Finally got enough red-border Drangs to craft one. With the right perks, especially Incandescent, it feels like the exotic instead of Sturm. Have a feeling the Calus Multi-Tool will be the same way for Mida (especially since I'm pretty much never getting that catalyst...)

Ghostfacedon

Apr 17, 2019
I wish Bungie would allow access to previous Season artifact. Like, once you max out the current season artifact you can select from previous season(s). Only between expansions, if that makes sense.

I've completed one IB reset, I'll attempt a second by next reset. Rift is decent, aside from some bugs here and there.

GalaxyDive

Oct 25, 2017
I wish Bungie would allow access to previous Season artifact. Like, once you max out the current season artifact you can select from previous season(s). Only between expansions, if that makes sense.
Not gonna happen because the point of the artifact on Bungie's end is controlling the meta from season to season.

SuperKnux64

Jan 14, 2018
Not gonna happen because the point of the artifact on Bungie's end is controlling the meta from season to season.
Pretty much this, because if a future artifact isn't as good as the previous one, people would use that until Bungie nerfs or creates a new powerful artifact.

I'm sure Breach n Clear or Particle Deconstruction would still be hot mods if Bungie kept them.

CrudeDiatribe

Oct 25, 2017
Eastern Canada
Just finished match 18 in IB. My win record was 2 - 16. Most were 0 -5 loses. The worst being an 0 -3 loss against a 6 person clan team that made us play the whole match because they thought it was fun to pick up the spark and run around with it instead of dunking it. All in all a miserable time. I gave it a shot.

Gone 15 & 8 in my 23 games. I thought one team we were playing were doing the kill-farming shit but it turns out that when I finally got a chance to stand on a the spark that it couldn't be picked up. Had one other game were it disappeared entirely, but those have been the only glitches.

If no one touches the spark for a minute it should probably reset itself (or the entire round).

Perfect Chaos

Oct 25, 2017
Charlottesville, VA, USA
Pretty much this, because if a future artifact isn't as good as the previous one, people would use that until Bungie nerfs or creates a new powerful artifact.

I'm sure Breach n Clear or Particle Deconstruction would still be hot mods if Bungie kept them.
Particle Decon would absolutely be meta if it were still around. It was ludicrously strong.

That said, I do wish they would introduce a few of the highlight mods from past artifacts at an increased energy cost so that those playstyles could live on, albeit at a high tradeoff.

Also hoping that once all the 3.0 subclass revamps are out, they start adding some new mods - ones that further bolster monochromatic builds, as well as ones that can allow for or incentivize multi-element builds. Something like Stasis-Solar interactions, Void-Arc interactions, etc.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
My Duality drops are so bad, done 3 clears and only got a weapon once (was a blinding and chill clip GL at least), everything else has been armour.

I really like the dungeon though, really good balance with the difficulty I think, but definitely not as hard as it would first seem, but need to stay on your throughout the boss fights.

oriic

Prophet of Truth - Press
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Hungary

Edit: Also, at some point around game 5 my Iron Lord quest vanished so that also sucked.
I played three games in normal mode, then I finally switched to Freelance mode, much better games can be played there (of course there are better and worse games there too).

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
Charles Burgar at thegamer.com posted a super thorough guide on damage resistance that I thought some people, particular newbies, might find helpful.

https://www.thegamer.com/destiny-2-damage-resistance-explained-best-sources/

He also posted a guide with his rankings of all solar fragments (he did the same for void and stasis previously).

https://www.thegamer.com/destiny-2-solar-fragments-ranked-best-worst/

Most Destiny content creators make YouTube videos but I will personally always prefer a written guide, so I appreciate the few that still do that.

Ratadad

Nov 22, 2021
Still getting my bearings in the game, but is there a way to farm for Funnelweb? Or is it a totally random drop?

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
Got my Heartshadow in my second run! Now if only the farmable weapons dropped with good perks...

CorpseLight

Nov 3, 2018
Not gonna lie; you guys complaining about how terrible Iron Banner is but then also showing off your titles that you banged your head against a wall hours for is peak Destiny.

If it's that terrible and a complete chore to get through, you don't need to do it you know.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not gonna lie; you guys complaining about how terrible Iron Banner is but then also showing off your titles that you banged your head against a wall hours for is peak Destiny.

If it's that terrible and a complete chore to get through, you don't need to do it you know.
I mean I like it so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dec 19, 2021
How were there easy 100K levels for the campaign last season but not the season? I swear I remember level four (this week's level) being great at getting the 100K weekly achievement.

Adder7806

Dec 16, 2018
Does matchmaking seem kind of borked right now? Across all modes I'd say 90% are blow outs one way or the other. Just had 3 control matches in a row called early. Gambit before that wasn't close in any of the 3 games. Iron Banner had a lot of 5-0 matches. Something seems very off with the balancing.

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
Does matchmaking seem kind of borked right now? Across all modes I'd say 90% are blow outs one way or the other. Just had 3 control matches in a row called early. Gambit before that wasn't close in any of the 3 games. Iron Banner had a lot of 5-0 matches. Something seems very off with the balancing.
It's Connection Based Matchmaking, not Skill Based.

Its been like that for years though.

ajido

Unshakable Resolve
Dec 7, 2018
I'm a returning player who has just hit the 1520 cap and things have slowed down a ton. What would I be doing now to get up to 1550+? Just weekly stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.