• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SimplyComplex

May 23, 2018
I'm pleasantly surprised at how well the LFG works on Xbox for Destiny. Just farmed the nightfall for a couple hours and met some fantastic people.

PunchyMalone

May 1, 2018
Got all my GM subclasses done and now I just need to burn though all the strikes.

First time playing GM too. It was a lot of fun.

Frost

Oct 25, 2017
Canary Islands
Titan behemoth is so much fun to use that is my new main character for the crucible. Between the punch and the super is just a blast. I dont care about the freezing cast that was too broken

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
So the reward for the hardest endgame content the game has to offer is the ability to save you from a few seconds of minor inconvenience by switching mods when you get to the boss.

Yeah, adept weapons and mods are a total failure.

While I agree with the gist of your post, endgame PVE activities (sans raid) lock your loadout. So that is a handy perk without being OP.

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
While I agree with the gist of your post, endgame PVE activities (sans raid) lock your loadout. So that is a handy perk without being OP.

It's just not a reward worthy of the time/effort it takes. Major spec is only like 7% extra damage anyway. Maybe if there was a second mod slot on adept weapons and the damage stacked or something.

oriic

Prophet of Truth - Press
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Hungary
Ewn95unW8AUYKqY
I need that mod. o.O

h3ro

Oct 28, 2017
So the reward for the hardest endgame content the game has to offer is the ability to save you from a few seconds of minor inconvenience by switching mods when you get to the boss.

Yeah, adept weapons and mods are a total failure.
The benefit here is utility.

If it provided a signficant boost to damage, i.e. free Rampage levels of damage, then it would become the default mod that pretty much would be needed for all end-game content.
That flies in the face of what Bungie has been trying to do with diversifying loadouts/builds via mods.
Just look at how different teams have been tackling the GMs in terms of builds and team make up.
Again, the utility of having boss spec and major spec on the same gun is awesome.

Just because they don't meet your hyper-specific case scenarios doesn't mean it's a failure.

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

If it provided a signficant boost to damage, i.e. free Rampage levels of damage, then it would become the default mod that pretty much would be needed for all end-game content.
That flies in the face of what Bungie has been trying to do with diversifying loadouts/builds via mods.
Just look at how different teams have been tackling the GMs in terms of builds and team make up.
Again, the utility of having boss spec and major spec on the same gun is awesome.

Just because they don't meet your hyper-specific case scenarios doesn't mean it's a failure.
Word, this mod is going to be great for Raids and NFs. I usually have 2 different weapons with each mod for Raids, so it's handy to not feel the need to do that anymore.

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017

We're talking about 7% damage here and only when it locks your loadout. Your scenario is the hyper specific one.

Tomeru

May 7, 2018
So I just took a couple of weeks to play Demon's Souls (platinumed it too), and I just cant get myself to play destiny for more than a couple of pvp games. Battlegrounds is boring af, running presage again, while not so bad, is boring too. Now I see these gm rewards... I just find this game boring boring boring now. I mean why do I need these "rewards" when there is no real reason to use any of the new weapons over whatever we already got? It just seems to me, now more than ever, that everything can be cosmetic and it'll still have the same effect.

Am I cured?

Deleted member 11976

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Probably? The issue, for me anyway, is when I go to play other FPS that just don't handle as well as D2. Apex is maybe the only other major AAA FPS that has movement and shooting gamefeel that comes close. (There are certainly other main-focus RPG games that do that aspect way better though.)

It's always great to take breaks though. It'll either make you appreciate what D2 does well or really speak to how tired you are of the overall experience, which seems like the case for you. It'll always be here if you want to return.

Tomeru

May 7, 2018
Probably? The issue, for me anyway, is when I go to play other FPS that just don't handle as well as D2. Apex is maybe the only other major AAA FPS that has movement and shooting gamefeel that comes close.

It's always great to take breaks though. It'll either make you appreciate what D2 does well or really speak to how tired you are of the overall experience, which seems like the case for you. It'll always be here if you want to return.

Yeah I know what you mean. A break is kinda a no brainer for me now. I'll probably never really quit destiny. Its in my blood since 2014.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
The adept mod is only useful for Special or Heavy weapons (major spec/boss spec on a primary? uh)

current adept special or heavy weapons:

swarm
eye of sol
exile's curse
astral horizon
tomorrow's answer
sola's scar

besides tomorrow's answer none of these are particularly useful in high end content imo, that cant be replaced with something with much more "utility"

Deleted member 11976

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Random Q but do Vorpal and Boss Spec stack? If so, Big Ones Spec with a Vorpal roll (not sure if the combo exists right now) could be nice, in theory, right?

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Is there an accessible alternative to the smash B to escape stasis thing?

At this point I just put down my controller and give up whenever someone spams the grenade on me.

Deleted member 11976

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is there an accessible alternative to the smash B to escape stasis thing?

At this point I just put down my controller and give up whenever someone spams the grenade on me.
Double tap actually works now (it didn't work consistently at BL's launch but they've since fixed it), I think it's jus the overly long breakout animation that makes it feel like you have to mash the button.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
You shouldn't be able to be frozen in place in the crucible.

Slowed? Sho. But being frozen in a pvp gun game is nuts.

Oct 27, 2017
The adept mod is only useful for Special or Heavy weapons (major spec/boss spec on a primary? uh)

current adept special or heavy weapons:

swarm
eye of sol
exile's curse
astral horizon
tomorrow's answer
sola's scar

besides tomorrow's answer none of these are particularly useful in high end content imo, that cant be replaced with something with much more "utility"

Adept Big Ones would work pretty well on a Tomorrow's Answer with Lasting Impression or Eye of Sol with Vorpal Weapon. SWARM also rolls with Vorpal, though LMGs aren't great boss damage weapons (though I expect that to get buffed a little in the future).

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Double tap actually works now (it didn't work consistently at BL's launch but they've since fixed it), I think it's jus the overly long breakout animation that makes it feel like you have to mash the button.
Ohhh, so smashing the button doesn't actually make it go faster? Why would they do that...

crespo

Oct 27, 2017
Although the overall perks are better on the Rapid hit, I'd still go with QD. The snapiness transforms the gun.

Necromorph

Oct 30, 2017
Thanks! i want to equilibrate my Titan with my Warlock on equipment and i wasn't sure which HC i had to give to each one.

h3ro

Oct 28, 2017
Thanks! i want to equilibrate my Titan with my Warlock on equipment and i wasn't sure which HC i had to give to each one.
You can transfer gear easily between characters using apps like Ishtar or on your browser using Destiny Item Manager. That way you aren't 'stuck' with one weapon over another. They transfer instantly.

TsuWave

Oct 27, 2017
ended up buying beyond light deluxe. figured i'm having too much fun with the game

still a few things i need to get my head around. I also managed to grab one of those extraordinary renditions and it seems to rip through most things. What's the god PvE roll for this weapon please? Mine has overflow+multikill clip but it appears most people are talking about frenzy being the best, is this correct?

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
ended up buying beyond light deluxe. figured i'm having too much fun with the game

still a few things i need to get my head around. I also managed to grab one of those extraordinary renditions and it seems to rip through most things. What's the god PvE roll for this weapon please? Mine has overflow+multikill clip but it appears most people are talking about frenzy being the best, is this correct?

Overflow/Surplus and Frenzy/One for All/Rampage. Your preference.

JaegerDeus

Banned
Jan 25, 2018
unknown.png

ZEIkkj3.png

Which one for pvp? i wanna use the pvp roll on my Warlock and the other on my Titan.

Honestly, depends on what you value in a weapon.

Personally speaking, I need the extra handling quickdraw provides to make my Igneous Hammer feel satisfyingly and reliably snappy. I'm willing to be diligent about my ammo count and make sure I'm safe enough for the longer reload.

Other people I know love the extra stickiness of the RH boost and the extra reload speed it provides.

Play around with both and decide what feels best to you. There is no wrong answer between those rolls, IMO.

This is my IG, for reference: https://i.imgur.com/8kQquJd.png

Even after getting Adept Icarus, I stuck with the Adept Stability mod. I realized that I was spending more time shooting on the ground with a 120 than I was with 140s, so I felt the extra reliability was worth the loss of in-air accuracy I rarely found myself making use of.

Other players would call me crazy, because their playstyle and comfort demands that in-air accuracy. Neither I nor they are wrong. It's all about what feels best to each of us.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
First one for PVP easily, I'd probably run extended mag over high-cal, not sure if it makes a big difference on 120s

Second is PVE

JaegerDeus

Banned
Jan 25, 2018
thanks! one last question, is there a way to target the submachine gun specifically or is it purely random

You can target between the SMG and the Side Arm in the recaster. The Side-Arm is also great.

However, it takes 3 hammer charges to focus. Most everybody agrees you're better off using your hammer charges to focus for just Chosen Armaments in the top row, cause it only takes 1 charge. It's just a better ROI, cause even if you don't get an SMG, you get way more weapons total, and there's a chance you get a god roll of something else while you're hunting for the SMG.

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
Why do I have a hint notification glitch that never goes away on Cosmodrome only: Strikes, nightfall its fkn annoying. How do I make it go away?

It says Bounties are Focused objectives that grant XP. It's at the bottom of the screen it never goes away! It blocks 1/6 of my screen the whole fkn time!