• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Because I keep seeing people post about these, are these any good? For PVP or PVE?
  • Bottom Dollar: Thresh/Killing Wind/Appended Mag or Tactical Mag/Chambered Compensator or Hammer-forged Rifling
  • Palindrome: Rangefinder/Killing Wind/Armor Piercing Rounds or Ricochet Rounds/Chambered Compensator or Small Bore
  • Palindrome: Rangefinder/Outlaw/Alloy Magazine or Light Magazine/Fluted Barrel or Corkscrew Rifling
  • Palindrome: One For All/Bottomless Grief/Armor Piercing Rounds or High Caliber Rounds/Full Bore or Hammer-forged Rifling
  • Palindrome: One For All/Subsistence/Appended Mag or Light Mag/Chambered Compensator or Hammer-forged Rifling
  • Palindrome: One For All/Overflow/Flared Magwhel or Ricochet Rounds/Arrowhead Brake or Full Bore

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Because I keep seeing people post about these, are these any good? For PVP or PVE?
  • Bottom Dollar: Thresh/Killing Wind/Appended Mag or Tactical Mag/Chambered Compensator or Hammer-forged Rifling
  • Palindrome: Rangefinder/Killing Wind/Armor Piercing Rounds or Ricochet Rounds/Chambered Compensator or Small Bore
  • Palindrome: Rangefinder/Outlaw/Alloy Magazine or Light Magazine/Fluted Barrel or Corkscrew Rifling
  • Palindrome: One For All/Bottomless Grief/Armor Piercing Rounds or High Caliber Rounds/Full Bore or Hammer-forged Rifling
  • Palindrome: One For All/Subsistence/Appended Mag or Light Mag/Chambered Compensator or Hammer-forged Rifling
  • Palindrome: One For All/Overflow/Flared Magwhel or Ricochet Rounds/Arrowhead Brake or Full Bore

PVE: The last roll

PVP: The second or third roll are fine. Depends if you are good at hitting your shots for Outlaw

Oct 27, 2017
My position on vaulting is the same as it was when they announced it the first time. Removing story content from the game sucks. It's such a disservice to the incredible work they've done with this game to make the majority of it unplayable. I don't care if they remove public/patrol areas from the game or anything like that. I loved playing Red War and Warmind and those are just gone now, possibly forever.
If destiny 2 is 250 gigs people with smaller hardrives are going to have to make some choices to make. Plus the game getting bloated just to be big with alot of stuff that doesn't matter anymore is kind of pointless. Im sure they did not take the decision lightly as some great content had to go. Keeping the game focused is the better option even with having some great content having to go.

Deleted member 31333

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
If you're not sure about rolls, just log in to light.gg it will tell you if any are good rolls
I use the DIM recommended rolls. What I've learned from comparing what DIM says is good and what light.gg says is good is that there is never one true god roll. Just lots of good rolls but what is considered good isn't unanimous. Also best to learn all the perks and find what works best for your play style.

Oct 27, 2017
Thank you! Because I'm a noob and kind of an idiot, is this right?
  • Look primarily for S/A tiers.
  • The yellow boxes are the mods I have selected, not what I **should** select?
  • I should select based on the trophy/blue mark for great rolls for PVE or PVP primarily?
Yes thats exactly right,
but i have some amazing b, b- guns also.. but it's a good way for people like me who cant remember all the barrels and mags and stuff

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
  • Bottom Dollar: Thresh/Killing Wind/Appended Mag or Tactical Mag/Chambered Compensator or Hammer-forged Rifling - NO. Killing Wind is not very good in PvE, Thresh doesn't work in PvP. Mismatching perks.
  • Palindrome: Rangefinder/Killing Wind/Armor Piercing Rounds or Ricochet Rounds/Chambered Compensator or Small Bore - YES, good for pvp. This is one of the god rolls for PvP. Put it on Ricochet and Small Bore.
  • Palindrome: Rangefinder/Outlaw/Alloy Magazine or Light Magazine/Fluted Barrel or Corkscrew Rifling - YES, decent for PvP. But the above one is better. Outlaw isn't necessary, making Killing Wind more useful overall in PvP. Delete and keep the above roll if you're right on vault space. It probably won't get much use.
  • Palindrome: One For All/Bottomless Grief/Armor Piercing Rounds or High Caliber Rounds/Full Bore or Hammer-forged Rifling - NO, not unless they make Bottomless Grief not suck in a future patch. Absolutely the worst perk in the game right now.
  • Palindrome: One For All/Subsistence/Appended Mag or Light Mag/Chambered Compensator or Hammer-forged Rifling - YES, decent for normal difficulty PvE. Is a "fun" roll. But if you're pressed for space, just delete it. You probably won't use it much.
  • Palindrome: One For All/Overflow/Flared Magwhel or Ricochet Rounds/Arrowhead Brake or Full Bore - YES, excellent for high-difficulty PvE. Put it on Arrowhead. Mag perk choice doesn't matter much here; choose between slightly faster reload or slightly better stability based on your preference after spending time with the weapon. 3rd and 4th perks are best in slot for PvE.
notes above.
Thank you! Because I'm a noob and kind of an idiot, is this right?
  • Look primarily for S/A tiers.
  • The yellow boxes are the mods I have selected, not what I **should** select?
  • I should select based on the trophy/blue mark for great rolls for PVE or PVP primarily?
DO NOT USE LIGHT.GG FOR ROLL RECOMMENDATIONS.

And people, stop recommending that people use it. It's a great way to delete good rolls.

TsuWave

Oct 27, 2017
1d268aac3af8500c1eb957e2b4af380066465a20.jpg

the best out of three I've managed to grab. will have to do for now. wanted a PvE roll as well but the other two have bottomless grief -_-'

demi

Oct 27, 2017
I havent put much effort into farming Palindromes, will dedicate my energy to getting a decent Adept version instead

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
notes above.
DO NOT USE LIGHT.GG FOR ROLL RECOMMENDATIONS.

And people, stop recommending that people use it. It's a great way to delete good rolls.
Thank you for this! I've mostly been using DIM as a shorthand to know if something is okay, but as I've started playing harder activities like Master Nightfalls, the Master Exotic Quest, and soon the raid, it's been a little harder to tell what might actually be the kind off weapons to upgrade to 1310 and keep on me for various scenarios.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Thank you for this! I've mostly been using DIM as a shorthand to know if something is okay, but as I've started playing harder activities like Master Nightfalls, the Master Exotic Quest, and soon the raid, it's been a little harder to tell what might actually be the kind off weapons to upgrade to 1310 and keep on me for various scenarios.
DIM is okay for moderately helpful guidance. D2Checklist is also acceptable for some guidance. But do not take their listings as gospel. Always best to ask here, ask in our Discord, or ask on Reddit.

light.gg should only be used to tell you where Xur is, what weapons are up in Trials, and what perks can roll on a weapon you're interested in. Any other usage will have you deleting things that you'll regret later.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Dunemarchers should be fixed with this patch, glad I can slap those bad boys back on again

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I have 3 Extraordinary Rendition. Which one is the best?

WDaIU52.jpg
XxZ26Mi.jpg
QOK6vwm.jpg
As mentioned, Surplus + OFA is one of the 2 god rolls for this weapon, along with Overflow + Frenzy.

Outlaw MKC is also good and arguably better in normal content (I believe it still does the most damage of any damage perk along with Surrounded), but it can be difficult to maintain 3x MKC if enemies are even slightly tankier because of how SMGs burn through ammo quickly. It's not a great perk on an SMG, but it can be kept "for fun" if you have vault space. Further, Outlaw may be difficult to get consistently depending on your input method. Controllers may struggle activating the perk on demand.

So yea, I'd keep Outlaw MKC for fun and Surplus OFA for business because it's an all-purpose roll on a fantastic weapon.

Also, to demonstrate the shenanigans that can happen with Light.gg.

image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png

These are all one of maybe two versions of god rolls for these four weapons. Imagine deleting any of these rolls (if you like these weapon archetypes) because light.gg's roll evaluator told you, "eh...those are average or below average rolls bro srry".

Do NOT use this shit to evaluate your rolls. I encourage everyone to ask here if you're not sure. Plus, it gives us try-hards something to talk about. We can only beat up on the Gambit fans so much per day before it gets boring.

Oct 27, 2017
As mentioned, Surplus + OFA is one of the 2 god rolls for this weapon, along with Overflow + Frenzy.

Outlaw MKC is also good and arguably better in normal content (I believe it still does the most damage of any damage perk along with Surrounded), but it can be difficult to maintain 3x MKC if enemies are even slightly tankier because of how SMGs burn through ammo quickly. It's not a great perk on an SMG, but it can be kept "for fun" if you have vault space. Further, Outlaw may be difficult to get consistently depending on your input method. Controllers may struggle activating the perk on demand.

So yea, I'd keep Outlaw MKC for fun and Surplus OFA for business because it's an all-purpose roll on a fantastic weapon.

image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png

These are all one of maybe two versions of god rolls for these four weapons. Imagine deleting any of these rolls (if you like these weapon archetypes) because light.gg's roll evaluator told you, "eh...those are average or below average rolls bro srry".

Do NOT use this shit to evaluate your rolls. I encourage everyone to ask here if you're not sure. Plus, it gives us try-hards something to talk about. We can only beat up on the Gambit fans so much per day before it gets boring.
Very useful thank you

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017

image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png

Is light.gg not good for evaluating rolls? Crap. I'm in trouble then. I've sharded a lot this season based on it.

OldBenKenobi

Oct 25, 2017
I have both Surplus/OFA and overflow/frenzy rolls on my Extraordinary Rendition and I feel the later does better? Maybe I have to play with the former more.

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
I havent put much effort into farming Palindromes, will dedicate my energy to getting a decent Adept version instead

Why? Adept weapons aren't worth what they ask to get them.

I use the DIM recommended rolls. What I've learned from comparing what DIM says is good and what light.gg says is good is that there is never one true god roll. Just lots of good rolls but what is considered good isn't unanimous. Also best to learn all the perks and find what works best for your play style.

Just ask here.

Bizazedo

Oct 28, 2017
3rd one if you wanna mess with it on PVP
Bungie's adjustment to the screenshake overall / stability of SMGs has really wrecked the usefulness of Zen Moment (since apparently that's what it really did, reduce screenshake). It's kind of a garbage perk now (imo, obviously).

For PvP, you'd probably be better off with Surplus in that spot.

In terms of the three you were looking at, because Zen Moment is garbage now, I'd probably tell the person to use the first one....but yeah none of the three are really amazing PvP rolls.

I'm convinced the grades are how common the rolls are. The grade will actually change on Light GG if you go in game and change the selected perks around, so I'm fairly certain the grade is just how common those selected perks are for that specific weapon among all players it's checking. On that basis, I'll still use Light GG to help look at all of my rolls, but I ignore the overall grade and just look at the perks themselves.

Oct 25, 2017
my bet for mythoclast is it obviously returns with VoG, and has a higher drop rate with master completions of it when they release. But also it is a special ammo fusion rifle that is somewhat close to the power of the original when it first released.

Bizazedo

Oct 28, 2017
my bet for mythoclast is it obviously returns with VoG, and has a higher drop rate with master completions of it when they release. But also it is a special ammo fusion rifle that is somewhat close to the power of the original when it first released.
I hope not too close. It was grotesquely powerful in Crucible. Bungie knew it and was like "It's okay, it's rare!"

It wasn't nearly rare enough. Still the most OP weapon in Crucible history, with maybe a rival being Prometheus Lens on that one grand week. MAYBE :).

h3ro

Oct 28, 2017
I would have thought the outlaw frenzy roll would be the top tier to go for, no?
I find Outlaw to be inconsistent with SMGs. The RPM you're firing at can often make it slightly tougher to make sure the killing blow is a crit. The benefits in sustained fire with Overflow or Buffs to handling and stability along with reload make Surplus make them the choice perks in that column. For me, anyway.

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
Compared to Trials? GMs are a walk in the park, I'm more than glad to shoot aliens instead

I just mean in general. You can farm GMs and still get a roll with slideways or something. The mods don't seem worth it and the stat increase isn't really anything much.

I still prefer D1 adept weapons that had stuff like built in snapshot.

JaegerDeus

Banned
Jan 25, 2018
Are you GUARENTEED an adept weapon drop from every GM completion?

If so, that's pretty damn annoying, considering Trials flawless adept loot has been bugged from day one and you STILL only have a chance at adept drops after your first run with each character.

Daigoro

Oct 28, 2017
yooooo did they buff the drop rates on this playlist specific stuff?

been farming Royal Entry for three days straight and got 2 on the first day and 1 today. until reset... I just got 3 in four strikes.

crazy lucky or time to grind before they nerf drop rates again?