• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think we get anything taken away with Witch Queen, but I think come Lightfall Tangled Shore and Dreaming City are both gone. I don't mind personally, we never really have much of a reason to go to those locations these days.

I agree with this.

I don't think anything else gets vaulted in the immediate future - install size is currently at 60GB (according to my PC) - I wonder what their internal target is before vaulting must begin again (80GB? 100GB?) Seems we're more likely to hit whatever threshold that is right around Lightfall than in a few seasons.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
My position on vaulting is the same as it was when they announced it the first time. Removing story content from the game sucks. It's such a disservice to the incredible work they've done with this game to make the majority of it unplayable. I don't care if they remove public/patrol areas from the game or anything like that. I loved playing Red War and Warmind and those are just gone now, possibly forever.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I imagine Forsaken will be made free either sometime this year or when Witch Queen launches and be the next thing vaulted with Lightfall. Ideally they'd work on better file compression or something to trim down the size but that's probably unlikely.

Ballou

Apr 2, 2020
I agree with this.

I don't think anything else gets vaulted in the immediate future - install size is currently at 60GB (according to my PC) - I wonder what their internal target is before vaulting must begin again (80GB? 100GB?) Seems we're more likely to hit whatever threshold that is right around Lightfall than in a few seasons.

I think they've previously said anything vaulted would be F2P for at least a year, so you're probably right.

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Would people be upset if they vault this Tower and replaced it with the old one?
I don't know how they'd do that unless they say something like, "surprise, we fully repaired the old Tower that was destroyed during the Red War!"

I would totally be in favour of them reshuffling the NPC Vendors in the current Tower since Hawthorne and The Drifter feel kind of marooned — that side (the Bazaar?) of the Tower doesn't feel necessary anymore and the Hangar has tonnes of empty space. There's also a mannequin that looks and sounds exactly like Ikora hanging around but she doesn't do anything?

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA
I don't know how they'd do that unless they say something like, "surprise, we fully repaired the old Tower that was destroyed during the Red War!"

I would totally be in favour of them reshuffling the NPC Vendors in the current Tower since Hawthorne and The Drifter feel kind of marooned — that side (the Bazaar?) of the Tower doesn't feel necessary anymore and the Hangar has tonnes of empty space. There's also a mannequin that looks and sounds exactly like Ikora hanging around but she doesn't do anything?

The removal of faction vendors and the lack of a travel point in the hanger. Makes venturing around the Tower a chore.

Oct 25, 2017
I was beyond positive we would go back to the old Tower at the start of the season, now though? I think we may never go back, lol.

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was beyond positive we would go back to the old Tower at the start of the season, now though? I think we may never go back, lol.
Don't think we'll ever go back unless there's a narrative reason. It'd take work to get it working with all of the new Vendors, Kiosks, and so on. Materials, textures, and lighting might also need an upgrade if they were to consider this too.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Just move everyone to the HELM and open up some of the side rooms for them. The current Tower as it is feels wasted with how much empty space there is.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think we get anything taken away with Witch Queen, but I think come Lightfall Tangled Shore and Dreaming City are both gone. I don't mind personally, we never really have much of a reason to go to those locations these days.

Patrol spaces in general are lacking long term, not just places like Tangled Shore and Dreaming City. The only times I ever go to them now is to either get to a vendor like Xur or to get to a legendary lost sector, which is an instanced off location anyway that could be selectable on the map. Ripping it out of the game, including the bits that are fun to explore for a new player isn't going to fix that problem.

Gearkeeper 8A

Oct 27, 2017
Yes its mindblowing they added a half-baked cosmodrome and Europa design felt like wasted potential because it was so big but most of it was wasted space.

CorpseLight

Nov 3, 2018
Just move everyone to the HELM and open up some of the side rooms for them. The current Tower as it is feels wasted with how much empty space there is.
I am pretty sure that is going to be the plan going forward; to make the HELM as a sort of NPC staging area for whoever is prominent in the current Season. Maybe also a raid staging area instead of just meeting in orbit.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It's pretty important that Bungie listens to the "gen pop" who either tried the game in the past or feel like they were burned because the game can't live off the hardcore alone. I'm not saying they should cater to them by any means but Bungie definitely wants them to buy the inevitable D3 or new IP.
Bungie should listen but not too intently, "gen pop" simply aren't on board with what Destiny is. It's as simple as that.

They want this, they want that, they want a sequel because that will solve all the game's ills.

Yet they're they're the first ones to bail and troll all subsequent threads about they will never return again..... Not until the next set of demands are met.

We've been in this cycle for 7 years now.

Last edited:

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bungie should listen but not too intently, "gen pop" simply aren't on board with what Destiny is. It's as simple as that.

They want this, they want that, they want a sequel because that will solve all the game's ills.

Yet they're they're the first ones to bail and troll all subsequent threads about they will never return again..... Not until the next set of demands are met.

We've been in this cycle for 7 years now.
Gen Pop gave us D2 Vanilla...

h3ro

Oct 28, 2017
The API Bungie have created is quite robust. They literally can track everything. They know exactly how much time we put into this game vs New Lights. They see what content New Lights actually purchase and what we spend on the game. They'll cater the game to whom ever they know will invest short term and long. So far, we've seen a shift over the life of D2 from the casual FPS COD player back to those that are more focused on the grind.

The population of the game is constantly around 1M on a daily basis across all 3 main (stadia too?) platforms which is pretty healthy regardless of who is playing.

Oct 27, 2017
It's interesting how the Anarchy has become the low key Gjallerhorn of D2. It seems to break alot of tougher encounters. I wonder how much longer Bungie will let it's reign continue.

Oct 27, 2017
Not really. It's actually pretty low damage and really shines because you get to do damage with your other weapons.
Yeah it breaks encounters. I didn't say it was damage king. While Gjallerhorn just brute forced it, this allows you to be more creative. It eats up champions with the sustained damage locking them. Other bosses as you stated you can apply other damage at the same time. It really is in my opinion pretty much the top tier exotic right now. Followed probably by Lament.

h3ro

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah it breaks encounters. I didn't say it was damage king. While Gjallerhorn just brute forced it, this allows you to be more creative. It eats up champions with the sustained damage locking them. Other bosses as you stated you can apply other damage at the same time. It really is in my opinion pretty much the top tier exotic right now. Followed probably by Lament.
I think you explained exactly why it's fine the way it is. It forces you to create avenues for DPS and use team work to get heavies/bosses down opposed to brute forcing DPS like traditional heavies. It doesn't stun lock Bosses, usually majors/yellow bars. It doesn't tick damage on barrier champs or during Immune phases.

It's the top tier exotic because of it's utility. I don't think it's broken in any way.

I hope the catalyst gives it auto-loading. I just want a kill counter on the damn thing.

Oct 27, 2017
I think you explained exactly why it's fine the way it is. It forces you to create avenues for DPS and use team work to get heavies/bosses down opposed to brute forcing DPS like traditional heavies. It doesn't stun lock Bosses, usually majors/yellow bars. It doesn't tick damage on barrier champs or during Immune phases.

It's the top tier exotic because of it's utility. I don't think it's broken in any way.

I hope the catalyst gives it auto-loading. I just want a kill counter on the damn thing.
It was stun locking champions for me yesterday. Or so I though it was.

Catalyst? Is there going to be a catalyst?

Killzig

Oct 25, 2017
What are they doing to chaos reach? Why do they hate Warlocks so much?
Nerfing the amount of super energy you can conserve by cancelling the super early. It's a very minor tweak I think.

It's interesting how the Anarchy has become the low key Gjallerhorn of D2. It seems to break alot of tougher encounters. I wonder how much longer Bungie will let it's reign continue.
It's a raid exotic and it isn't a big problem for PVP so I don't think they have a big reason to nerf it. I can't think of many other raid exotics that got nerfed besides Mythoclast and that one was mostly because it destroyed crucible.

Last edited:

h3ro

Oct 28, 2017
It was stun locking champions for me yesterday. Or so I though it was.

Catalyst? Is there going to be a catalyst?
I think it can stun Unstoppables and Overload champs, but not Barriers once they have a barrier up. We'll definitely get a look at whether it does or not with GMs. In most of my NFs and Raids, I just Lament everything.

I believe the catalyst is in the database as per datamining, no clue when they'll release it.

Oct 27, 2017
I think it can stun Unstoppables and Overload champs, but not Barriers once they have a barrier up. We'll definitely get a look at whether it does or not with GMs. In most of my NFs and Raids, I just Lament everything.

I believe the catalyst is in the database as per datamining, no clue when they'll release it.
Ah ok cool I wasn't aware of the catalyst. Good to know it's coming hopefully.

oriic

Prophet of Truth - Press
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Hungary
I have 3 Extraordinary Rendition. Which one is the best?

WDaIU52.jpg
XxZ26Mi.jpg
QOK6vwm.jpg

Killzig

Oct 25, 2017
is there going to be a patch today?
Yes, Update 3.1.1 noted on the TWAB.

Bungie.net

DESTINY 2 UPDATE PREVIEW FOR MARCH 16 PATCH
Strikes:
  • Fallen S.A.B.E.R.:
    • Fixed an issue where the strike Boss would not spawn until all players were alive and present.
    • Improved objective waypoint behavior.
    • Fixed some grammatical errors in player-directive text.
    • Fixed a bug where a fireteam member entering the area late could cause the Warsat falling visual effects again.
    • Fixed an issue where Zavala's dialog in the first area could play multiple times.
    • Fixed a bug where a fallen energy shield could be seen sticking out of a wall.
  • Devil's Lair:
    • Sepiks Prime now has a Boss health bar.
    • Fixed some floating environment objects.
    • Fixed an issue where some monster spawn points looked like accessible doorways to players.
    • Fixed an issue where an Overload Captain could spawn with the wrong name.
    • Fixed an issue where the Fallen Walker and Fallen Brigs could respawn after they were defeated.
    • Fixed an issue where physics was missing from a wall early in the strike, allowing players to get lost out of environment.

Armor
  • Fixed an issue with the Linear Actuators Exotic perk for the Titan Exotic Dunemarchers, which was not triggering properly. The perk now behaves as expected, triggering on each/subsequent melee strike after an appropriate amount of sprint time.
  • Font of Might no longer displays a generic "Damage Boost" string when its benefit is active.
  • Fixed a bug where the Mantle of Battle Harmony and Omnioculus Exotics were not displaying their flavor text.
  • Omioculus also no longer grants melee energy when making only yourself invisible under some circumstances.
  • Cuirass of the Falling Star no longer grants an Overshield when used with Supers other than Thundercrash.

Weapons
  • Fixed an issue where flavor text wasn't appearing for several seasonal weapons.
  • Added rumble to the end of Dead Man's Tale's reload.
  • Adjusted Riskrunner perk VFX that were causing epileptic issues.
  • Reduced Arbalest's aim assist, making it harder to hit headshots in Crucible.
  • Set the Frenzy and Cranial Spike perks to use the correct buff icons.
  • Fixed Ticuu's Divination's missing kill feed icon.
  • After a few weeks of development and playtests, we also have a round of Stasis balancing slated for March 23.