• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
Ran heroic Nightfall 10 times tonight - got three exotic engrams and a god rolled Swarm MG, lol.

I think I'd like to get back into raiding, but unfortunately my clan is just dead. Thank god for the LFG tool on Xbox, or I'd never get anything done that I couldn't solo.

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Do you guys think we'll ever get a chance to play the red war, Curse of Osiris and Warmind campaigns again?

Never got a chance to complete them before they were sent to the vault as I only stated playing Destiny 2 when new light released.

I know why Bungie have vaulted large parts of the original game, but it's annoying for noobs who have missed out on chunks of the story.
I doubt it. At best you might see certain missions reprised for special quests or events. In Year One the Solstice of Heroes had players grinding remixed versions of a handful of campaign missions. Looks like they've understandably decided that's too much work for an event that only lasts around a month and so we're stuck with the European Aerial Zone every year though.

TsuWave

Oct 27, 2017
Everything that isn't currently sunset won't be capped.

Let's go. they still fucked up with that sunsetting shit for me, but at least I can come back knowing that they won't cut my legs with whatever I get from now on. I'm super out of touch with Destiny but I'll start watching youtube videos to reacquaint myself again. Thanks!

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Witch Queen being delayed is going to put the next 2 seasons in a very weird spot. If Witch Queen is aiming for a February 2022 release and Season of the Chosen ends in May as currently scheduled that means they have 9 to 10 months of time and only 2 seasons to fill it. Expecting long gaps between content.

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Do you all think they'll reintroduce all of the shadowkeep and forsaken gear as unsunset? Or just keep the basic stuff they reintroduced this season? Havent seen any word on that contwnt.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I might have missed it in the update but are we getting proper stasis guns with the stasis element?

CorpseLight

Nov 3, 2018
Witch Queen being delayed is going to put the next 2 seasons in a very weird spot. If Witch Queen is aiming for a February 2022 release and Season of the Chosen ends in May as currently scheduled that means they have 9 to 10 months of time and only 2 seasons to fill it. Expecting long gaps between content.
I wouldn't doubt they will add a month to this season as well as the next, and possibly in the 2 months or so before Witch Queen they will have a small 'the guns are back, get em!' Seasonal addition.

Ernest

Oct 25, 2017
So.Cal.
I quit because of sunsetting... should I go back now?
Still, I didn't really like any of the new gear that replaced the susetted gear.

StarsAreStuff

Feb 16, 2021
I feel like I misunderstood the sunsetting thing. Are they saying only weapons and armor that can reach 1610 won't be sunset?

CorpseLight

Nov 3, 2018
I quit because of sunsetting... should I go back now?
Still, I didn't really like any of the new gear that replaced the susetted gear.
Its a good Season so far. I also quit in the middle of Worthy and just recently came back. The sooner you just rip off the bandaid and delete sunset items, the sooner you can just move on.

PhaZe 5

Oct 27, 2017
I want to play some mindless high density shit like battlegrounds but for some reason they want to only hand out powerfuls for them while giving a full pinnacle for a regular sass Clovis mission.

This season won't reach the heights it should due to umbral and battleground rewards being bad/undercooked. There's really nothing to farm for umbral wise.

Killzig

Oct 25, 2017
Really mad that they killed sunsetting after it'd already murdered my beloved hammerhead and patron saint of lost causes (still searching for the perfect roll on the raid MG so at least there's a good replacement on that one. miss me with that night watch and its trash sights). Silver + transmog is for sure a major red flag but I'm only going to engage with it for as long as it takes for me to get my FWC armor on my warlock and never give then another penny for cosmetics again.

oriic

Prophet of Truth - Press
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Hungary
VoG next season confirmed. Wooooo can't wait
All I Want for Christmas Is You is Vex Mythoclast. Normal or adept, it doesn't matter!

latest

J-Wood

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like I misunderstood the sunsetting thing. Are they saying only weapons and armor that can reach 1610 won't be sunset?
Anything that can reach the current in game power max (which is 1310) will not be sunset. Their max power values will continue to increase.

Anything lower than that is still sunset and isn't coming back (anything that has the little grey icon on it, and has a max power of say 1060.

CorpseLight

Nov 3, 2018
Anything that can reach the current in game power max (which is 1310) will not be sunset. Their max power values will continue to increase.

Anything lower than that is still sunset and isn't coming back (anything that has the little grey icon on it, and has a max power of say 1060.

If the icon is white,
Its not alright.

RF Switch

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
My biggest issue right now is fear of dismantling a gun that's great that I don't know is and now my vault is packed. I am trying to understand all the perks and I am overwhelmed. I am having way more fun with the game compared to when it launched

CorpseLight

Nov 3, 2018
My biggest issue right now is fear of dismantling a gun that's great that I don't know is and now my vault is packed. I am trying to understand all the perks and I am overwhelmed. I am having way more fun with the game compared to when it launched
I used to be like this too. I would compare and contrast on DIM on almost every piece of armor and gun I got. I've since let go of that and it's pretty liberating.

If the armor has 60+ stats I'll take a look but otherwise its just dismantled/infused.

If the guns have a decent reload or damage perk i will take a look, but otherwise just dismantled / infused, or if its the only one I have of them, just toss in the vault.

hurlex

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah honestly one thing I liked about sun setting is that I could safely delete like 25% of my vault. They really need to increase vault space or some how make collections better.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I used to be like this too. I would compare and contrast on DIM on almost every piece of armor and gun I got. I've since let go of that and it's pretty liberating.

If the armor has 60+ stats I'll take a look but otherwise its just dismantled/infused.

If the guns have a decent reload or damage perk i will take a look, but otherwise just dismantled / infused, or if its the only one I have of them, just toss in the vault.
But... overflow... demolitionist... rangefinder... snapshot sights... quickdraw...

There are so many amazing non-direct damage/reload perks in the game.

IMO, do not follow the reload/damage thing. Actually spend some time and research it yourself. Search for what good combinations of perks are... ask here if you're not sure. Put in on that shard it keep it reddit.... but do learn. If you don't, you will likely dismantle some amazing items.

crespo

Oct 27, 2017
I had OP Vex for about 12 hours before it got the big nerf. Some amazing crucible rounds were had, but they weren't enough *pepehands*

Cream Stout

Oct 28, 2017
it's so crazy the difference in how i can play pvp when i switch from xbox to pc. trying to track people flying above & over me on console feels like my aim is so slow and sluggish compared to mouse tracking. i don't know how the top tier folks do it console, but props to them.

also, the new season side arm has felt like the worst gun i've ever used in game. just trying to get 5 kills in crucible with it for the bounty felt absolutely awful. been enjoying the other guns though

Magik

Oct 25, 2017
Do you all think they'll reintroduce all of the shadowkeep and forsaken gear as unsunset? Or just keep the basic stuff they reintroduced this season? Havent seen any word on that contwnt.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bungie re-issues most if not all at some point before before Witch Queen releases due to having a few extra months added to the next seasons.

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
it's so crazy the difference in how i can play pvp when i switch from xbox to pc. trying to track people flying above & over me on console feels like my aim is so slow and sluggish compared to mouse tracking. i don't know how the top tier folks do it console, but props to them.

also, the new season side arm has felt like the worst gun i've ever used in game. just trying to get 5 kills in crucible with it for the bounty felt absolutely awful. been enjoying the other guns though
Not sure if this Captain Obvious tip will help but when you're using Sidearms in PVP, just be stupidly aggressive. If they don't have a Shotgun or Fusion Rifle, get right in their face and feed them a buffet of bullet sandwiches. Pray you don't get shoulder charged or HHS'd while doing so.

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
Sidearms are meant to be used as gloves for slapping. That's how close you have to get.