• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 29, 2017
xmRFigg.png

It's...beautiful...

Nothing

Oct 30, 2017
No idea how people play with 120 HCs that kick like a horse. I guess that it must be way different on PC.

Oct 27, 2017
I've been out of the hand cannon game a long while? Why are 120s so popular now and what is so special about bottom dollar and palindrome?

Kadey

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Southeastern PA
I had my true many seasons before it became meta. You keep certain weapons around and it may shine one day. As for using it, It was hard at first but with everything, practice practice practice. We talkin bout practice? Yeah practice. Went back to use my NF and I'm like ugh. The range on 120s and how hard it hits is on another level.

CrudeDiatribe

Oct 25, 2017
Eastern Canada
I've been out of the hand cannon game a long while? Why are 120s so popular now and what is so special about bottom dollar and palindrome?

They have a ton of range, they're forgiving (of the three shots you need to get a kill, at most 2 have to be crits, sometimes just 1), very good for team play because of the high damage. Any damage buff will let them 2-shot (crits) many players, and most damage buffs will let them 2-tap all players (I think resilience 10 can still survive rampage x1/swash x2).

Bottom Dollar (and the Trials HC this season) are the only non-sunset energy 120, and I think we've only had one before (Thin Line from Forsaken). The Trials one is a stat monster.

Palindrome is a 140, but has great stats and is possibly the best non-sunset legendary 140.

Went back to use my NF and I'm like ugh.

I still love using it, it's just so easy and it'll still 3-tap at 40m.

Oct 27, 2017
They have a ton of range, they're forgiving (of the three shots you need to get a kill, at most 2 have to be crits, sometimes just 1), very good for team play because of the high damage. Any damage buff will let them 2-shot (crits) many players, and most damage buffs will let them 2-tap all players (I think resilience 10 can still survive rampage x1/swash x2).

Bottom Dollar (and the Trials HC this season) are the only non-sunset energy 120, and I think we've only had one before (Thin Line from Forsaken). The Trials one is a stat monster.

Palindrome is a 140, but has great stats and is possibly the best non-sunset legendary 140.
Nice explanation. Thank you.

Kadey

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Southeastern PA
It was my favorite gun and still is to a certain point but 120HCs are the closest thing to the OG trinity I think. The range is the biggest thing. Mofos using scouts and snipers I'm not afraid to take them on with it.

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
They literally just released a good scout rifle.

It's more of a long hand cannon to be fair, lol.

I miss my masterworked Nameless Midnight scout rifle that I was using before I stopped playing the game for a couple of years. The one I'm using now doesn't feel as snappy, and while I love the MIDA Multi-Tool, it feels a little like a waste on an exotic weapon slot outside of PVP.

Kadey

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Southeastern PA
Finally. Like almost eight hours of grinding. Not bad. I think it only needed quickdraw to be a god roll. That stability masterwork will really really help. Gives two rounds back after a kill too. The cult of Aztec approves.

20210218152353_1.jpg

Nola

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Well this is some bullshit.

Was switching up my build and went to go from an exotic helm to regular and just realized Bungie fucking ghosted my Lucent head ornament.

WTF

Is this a thing that regularly happens? It's flair I bought with gold dust, but people bought with silver too, but apparently this is a thing for over a week now and Bungie STILL hasn't fixed it?

CrudeDiatribe

Oct 25, 2017
Eastern Canada
Patron of Lost Causes

Nightwatch ought to be more or less the same, but I don't like it as much.

basically I daydream about D1 Hung Jury still

Maybe once Fatebringer comes back with real Firefly we'll get a seasonal pursuit scout similar to Hung Jury.

Fuck off,

You pay money for shit or a good amount of time and effort to get something and Bungie hasn't updated at all despite numerous complaints going back almost two weeks now, yeah that's fucked up. Quit defending it

Almost two weeks? I was mistaken in my snark towards what I presumed was your entitled and uninformed views on game development; two weeks is totally unacceptable and they should all be fired. Clearly.

Ornaments disappearing is on their list of "top issues being investigated". I know it says "warlock" and not "titan" but I would bet at least a nickel that it's the same issue for both.

Nola

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
User banned (1 month): Hostility, many prior bans for hostility.
Nightwatch ought to be more or less the same, but I don't like it as much.

Maybe once Fatebringer comes back with real Firefly we'll get a seasonal pursuit scout similar to Hung Jury.

Almost two weeks? I was mistaken in my snark towards what I presumed was your entitled and uninformed views on game development; two weeks is totally unacceptable and they should all be fired. Clearly.

Ornaments disappearing is on their list of "top issues being investigated". I know it says "warlock" and not "titan" but I would bet at least a nickel that it's the same issue for both.

I voiced frustration and asked a question if this is a common occurrence because I have only been back with Destiny since this expansion.

But time and again technical issues like this continue to pop up. I spent hours grinding bright dust for my first ornament and the first time I go to use the helmet it's removed from my inventory, and on second glance so is my other ornament helmet.

So again, if you don't feel like being helpful and answering if this is a regularly occurring thing and just want to troll on behalf of Bungie, kindly fuck off

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I voiced frustration and asked a question if this is a common occurrence because I have only been back with Destiny since this expansion.

But time and again technical issues like this continue to pop up. I spent hours grinding bright dust for my first ornament and the first time I go to use the helmet it's removed from my inventory, and on second glance so is my other ornament helmet.

So again, if you don't feel like being helpful and answering if this is a regularly occurring thing and just want to troll on behalf of Bungie, kindly fuck off
Ornaments disappearing is not at all a regular thing. It will be fixed. I doubt you'll have to wait too long for a patch, or at least not long by a reasonable person's standards. Also you're being a jerk.

Nola

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Ornaments disappearing is not at all a regular thing. It will be fixed. I doubt you'll have to wait too long for a patch, or at least not long by a reasonable person's standards. Also you're being a jerk.
That's all I was asking, didn't need to be trolled disrespectfully for simply voicing moderate annoyance and asking if these sorts of technical issues and lack of follow up with the player base from Bungie is something I should get used to.

Nothing

Oct 30, 2017
Fuck off,

You pay money for shit or a good amount of time and effort to get something and Bungie hasn't updated at all despite numerous complaints going back almost two weeks now, yeah that's fucked up. Quit defending it
Your ornament is gone forever and it's never coming back.

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
That's all I was asking, didn't need to be trolled disrespectfully for simply voicing moderate annoyance and asking if these sorts of technical issues and lack of follow up with the player base from Bungie is something I should get used to.
If what you're expressing is moderate annoyance it might pay to use more moderate language.

There are regularly technical issues with the game, particularly when a season begins. It's worth keeping an eye on their known issues update each week in TWAB. Sometimes fixes are quick, sometimes they take a bit longer than desired. Bungie generally opt to package a bunch of fixes in one update rather than seperate updates for individual issues. Sometimes a quick focused fix can be deployed server-side but it's rare and usually down to if they can tweak a certain number or disable something. This issue will get fixed, you may be waiting another weekly reset or two though.

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Please stop antagonizing one another over ornaments that will most likely be fixed shortly. As another user posted, it's been highlighted as a priority for Bungie.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
*legendary - which I meant and forgot to differentiate

IMO the best legendary kinetic Scout just got sunsetted for this season, Patron of Lost Causes.

basically I daydream about D1 Hung Jury still

As many have already stated, Nightwatch is practically the same weapon. Similar rolls to boot. I've used both a good amount as my go to scouts and I've always thought there wasn't much difference between the two, besides Patron looking cool.

As for Hung Jury, Bungo already attempted to bring it back via whatever the fuck that one pinnacle scout was in year 2 and it turned out to be garbage. Until Bungo decides to make dragonfly as good as firefly from D1 was, we'll never get a Hung Jury again.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
TWAB is just a reminder that IB is next week. Nothing else. Get ready to get a 900 RPM SMG and a 540 Pulse, the two worst weapon archetypes in the whole game. If they added a 180 scout rifle it would be the holy trinity of bad Destiny weapons.

F33638C740B9E4B23B32CA31EF873A6A81CB6BDC

Last edited:

Nola

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Your ornament is gone forever and it's never coming back.
Good deal, glad you could be of assistance!

If what you're expressing is moderate annoyance it might pay to use more moderate language.

There are regularly technical issues with the game, particularly when a season begins. It's worth keeping an eye on their known issues update each week in TWAB. Sometimes fixes are quick, sometimes they take a bit longer than desired. Bungie generally opt to package a bunch of fixes in one update rather than seperate updates for individual issues. Sometimes a quick focused fix can be deployed server-side.

Well I mean my annoyance certainly grew after getting a rather dickish response lol, but I appreciate you taking the time to respond this in depth.

From the Reddit threads I lurked before posting. the feeling coming across is that this has been known and reported for around two weeks and that people were frustrated with the lack of follow up. Which made me even more frustrated wondering if this is just how it is with Bungie and Destiny. Since if this was routine I'd rather just not bother wasting my time concerning bright dust, but I'm glad this is a first time issue.

Still think their help team not giving a follow up(at least reportedly) with this continuing to persist is kind of a dick move, but thanks again

Last edited:

KamenRiderEra

Oct 25, 2017
No idea how people play with 120 HCs that kick like a horse. I guess that it must be way different on PC.
As a fellow controller user that also had difficulties with agressive HC, after hearing some tips here, I've found a Steady Hand on my vault. It has iron grip perk, and I put a counterbalance stock mod.... Yeah, finally Im taming these beast.... Try the mod for yourself to see if it helps.