• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
vTXgcPw.jpg

Menagerie fun

ThatMeanScene

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Looking at the roadmap Truth is the only interesting one to me. It better have 3 rockets.

Watched the trailer and my personal reaction is "Meh". Seems like more of the same meager seasonal drop with yet another 6-player Horde mode. I really wish they didn't keep making these modes and putting them in separate spaces. They're no longer fun for me personally and they just divide the player population between the new one and old ones. Which makes it harder to go back and get the unique drops from the old ones.

Edit: Oops totally forgot about the raid. That's cool for those that like it. I stopped caring about raids years ago.

Last edited:

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
I can't remember the last time Bungie showed something for D2 that really excited me. More and more, I think I've hit that point with Destiny that I hit with games like WoW and Diablo where I'm just kinda done with them. To be fair, I kind feel this way with grind games in general, since I burnt out on Division 2 way earlier than I thought I'd be. I'm not even really looking forward to Borderlands 3 that much. I've found myself starting to revert back to games with a hard end instead, since its nice to know when I start a game that I'll eventually be able to clearly finish it and move on to a new experience, rather then commit to playing a grind/looter game like a part-time job.

NutterB

Oct 27, 2017
I see several hand cannons being part of the loot table again while scouts continue to get shafted.

Can we get a decent scout again? Please? Or how about we go back to Year 1 Scout properties? sigh.

irishonion

Oct 25, 2017
I see several hand cannons being part of the loot table again while scouts continue to get shafted.

Can we get a decent scout again? Please? Or how about we go back to Year 1 Scout properties? sigh.

Idk if this is just a tin foil hat theory, but I've seen others say bungie doesn't want scouts strong because of the safety of range. Idk some crap.

I really miss using my year one manannan sr4, I mean i can still use it but it's been nerfed so hard its painfull to use.

NutterB

Oct 27, 2017
Idk if this is just a tin foil hat theory, but I've seen others say bungie doesn't want scouts strong because of the safety of range. Idk some crap.

I really miss using my year one manannan sr4, I mean i can still use it but it's been nerfed so hard its painfull to use.
All their high level end game stuff confines you to a very small room/area where the range never becomes an issue (there is no safe place in any of the raids or strike bosses "rooms") Do they really care that I can shoot patrol zone enemies from far away? How is that a negative?

The Living Tribunal

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Another hand cannon, what the hell Bungie. After getting Outbreak Perfected and the LN/NF nerf I hoped they learned not every exotic or powerful legendary has to be a hand cannon.

StrykerIsland

Oct 25, 2017
The annual pass was a complete bust for me. Lost all interest in Destiny with the Forge expansion and never looked back. Waste of money, lesson learned. Destiny 3 would have to be a significant departure from the current format for me to even consider coming back. D1and 2 are my most played games of this gen, hate to see it go out like this. :(

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
Scouts are going to be trash forever in D2? It just makes me sad that i cant really use them over hand cannons and pulse rifles.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
The narration was weird. First it sounded like an in-universe character, then it sounded like a marketing exec doing a wizard impression

Gammacide

Oct 27, 2017
Just give me a hunter cloak with no hood!! Why is this so hard??? Still, looks like fun and I will see most of you there Tuesday. :)

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
ya'll thing that hand cannon might have to do with Rose? Look at the thorns on it.

EDIT: https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...omever_designed_the_lumina_quest_hand_cannon/

a user here makes a good point

Dox_au said:
The more I look at the picture, the more I don't think this is actually Rose.

Thorn was created by infusing darkness with Rose.

I think we'll be creating Lumina by infusing light with Thorn.

I suspect this quest will be giving us some closure on the Shin Malphur storyline - taking his arc full circle.

If you ignore the white leaves on the exterior, you can see the exact thorn model underneath.

This isn't supposed to be Rose. This is the next evolution of it.

Rose -> Thorn -> Lumina.

I think this user may be on to something. And yeah. Seriously. This thing is gorgeous. I get the hand cannon fatigue, but like. Damn dude. Just look at it.

phQR11R.png

Last edited:

Soggoth

Oct 29, 2017
Man, I hope Destiny 3 will cater more for players who simply buy the base game. Destint 2 must be one of the most aggresive games in that regard. 2 DLCs, expansion, Annual Pass + microtransactions - basically you MUST buy all of those to keep playing.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Man, I hope Destiny 3 will cater more for players who simply buy the base game. Destint 2 must be one of the most aggresive games in that regard. 2 DLCs, expansion, Annual Pass + microtransactions - basically you MUST buy all of those to keep playing.
Not true,

Plenty of events and updates for all base game owners, including maps and quests.

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ

Unless you're saying you want all DLC to be free, what does this even mean? If you want to continue to play new shit, you pay for it. If you want to play vanilla content, you still can. I don't see how that's outrageous.

Sure, some Eververse bundles are dumb as fuck and honestly should be purchasable with bright dust or, better, earnable via quests. Other than that, there's nothing wrong with Bungie's model. Plus, there is free content for those who don't buy the DLC.

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
I kinda want to go back to finish some of the season pass stuff but lately I play Destiny and feel like I've wasted my time. Without a group most of the tasks are boring or just time wasters.

Or when there's a challenge (like I really enjoyed completing my first Tier 2 reckoning) the loot was terrible. Which felt bad.

So it's either super repeating and long grinds for nice loot or challenge for bad loot. Unless you have a group or friends where the challenge and the loot work better.

The feeling of "I just wasted my time" is the worst and makes me think that playing the game is not the best use of my free time.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
Never even touched Season of the Drifter. I just couldn't get into it as I hate Gambit. Definitely jumping back in for Opulence though. First thing I'll be doing are surge bounties to get myself up to 690 and grab the Outbreak Perfected since I don't have it yet and I don't see any point in wasting time now trying to up my power level to get it when Opulence is a week away.

SgtCobra

Oct 25, 2017
I hope y'all like exotic handcannons as the Hawkmoon is probably coming too in the future!!!!

Boring trailer, not thrilled with the returning exotics, Peregrine Greaves? C'mon son...
Can't believe the exotic cataclysts are my most anticipated thing from this whole DLC.

Dec 6, 2017
ya'll thing that hand cannon might have to do with Rose? Look at the thorns on it.

EDIT: https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...omever_designed_the_lumina_quest_hand_cannon/

a user here makes a good point

I think this user may be on to something. And yeah. Seriously. This thing is gorgeous. I get the hand cannon fatigue, but like. Damn dude. Just look at it.

phQR11R.png
Oh it's absolutely Rose, or a variation of it. It fits that narrative they've been pushing for the entirety of the Annual Pass (Last Word, Thorn). Looking forward to getting it.

Kitten Mittens

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 11, 2018
That could not have looked anymore unimpressive. But I guess that's in keeping with the rest of the content provided in the season pass. I definitely regret paying for it.

Oct 26, 2017
I dont think Thorn required pvp play as it gave 3 different options for each quest step (1 pvp 2 not), so I'm hoping Luminous and Truth follow the same pattern. I hate crucible.

Yeah but Last Word and Ace of Spades did. I too am not fond of the Crucible and feel that it only stiffles creativity due to needing to balance for PvP.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I dont think Thorn required pvp play as it gave 3 different options for each quest step (1 pvp 2 not), so I'm hoping Luminous and Truth follow the same pattern. I hate crucible.
Thorn requires 200-250 crucible kills depending on what you're using. Less for comp, but definitely a large PvP part of the quest.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
Until they stop treating the PVP community like last weeks garbage I'm not coming back. Really sad what they've done in that space.

I completely agree that Crucible is in a complete state of $hit, but not for the same reasons you are referring to. Bungie has done nothing to increase the quality of PvP and have not added any new content to the mix an have only made it worse for the general game population. It is completely Bungie's for catering to the streamers with update last year, that removed SBMM, so that streamers could have less sweaty matches and more stomps. CBMM works perfectly for them in that regard, however, for everyone else.....

They need to add 1 consistent game mode that uses SBMM to keep lesser players engaged and not in a constant cycle of being abused and thrown aside like trash. But hey, everyone loves watching a 2.0 k/d streamer destroy a team of .75 guys because it makes the streamers so damn good, WOW, look at that ePein rep he's building pwning those pleed noobs on the stream.

Or even better a game mode with pinnacle weapons disabled (still SBMM), so all the paid recov pop-tarts still can't use the weapons

Right now PvP is in great shape for skilled players because they can just destroy everything in sight using their pinnacle weapons to get an even greater advantage in QP. Giving the best PvP weapons to the best PvP players to use against non-wielding PvP'ers is a great reward to further build the gap between the haves and have nots. It's great for the top 10%, but sucks for everyone else. Well, I play with my feet in PvP, so it's all good...

SBMM Iron Banner is some of the most fun I've had in the game because the game are actually competitive and it's not constant 6 stack stomps.

With brings me to the next point, Solo queue. For the love of all things Light, can Bungie add a fu(king solo queue for comp and QP already

OK, finally, Bungie add some fu(king variety into PvP. The game modes are plain as hell. Spice it up, add some capture the flag, add a Killzone 2 Warzone style mode, add a vehicle mode with Pike just to shake up the norm boring trash that is crucible right now.

I love me some PvP, but I suck at it more than ever, but there are dozens of us out there with the same beefs!

giphy.gif

Season of Drifter has better story content than Curse of Osiris. I have little doubt that this one will too.
Lore content and playing actual story missions are completely different. There have been 0 new strikes and or story missions with the expansion and I sure as hell will not include grinding old Y1 missions 5,000 times for the forges, etc.

AaronMT

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
I really don't want to be running gauntlet style encounters again. But it's the leviathan so I totally expect to be standing on plates and holding orbs because Bungie.