• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I hope Izanagi getting kicked in the nutty pututties prompts more exotic primary use in PVE. These weapons have had no role for too long. I want to use Bad Juju and Huckleberry again.

Remnants

Prophet of Regret
Jul 18, 2019
So I'm grinding the black armory sword since swords seem to be a big thing next season. What rolls should I be looking for? Any go to perks for swords in general?

Edit: I have the warlock heroic menagerie sword with infinite guard/relentless strike/assassin's blade thoughts?

Last edited:

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So I'm grinding the black armory sword since swords seem to be a big thing next season. What rolls should I be looking for? Any go to perks for swords in general?

Edit: I have the warlock heroic menagerie sword with infinite guard/relentless strike/assassin's blade thoughts?

For the Black Armory sword, Surrounded (with Surrounded spec mod) and relentless strikes or tireless blade.

Never thought to highly of the Warlock sword. It is certainly the weakest of the Menagerie swords, though.

Remnants

Prophet of Regret
Jul 18, 2019
For the Black Armory sword, Surrounded (with Surrounded spec mod) and relentless strikes or tireless blade.

Never thought to highly of the Warlock sword. It is certainly the weakest of the Menagerie swords, though.
The BA sword dropped with relentless strike/whirlwind blade. I have the titan sword with shattering blade/assassin's blade. Never ran heroic menagerie with hunter.

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
Control SBMM is such a shitshow currently. More than half of my matches is I got put into teams that refuses to capture points. too many times the enemy capture all 3 points. Man fuck all these random teammates that refuses to capture points, fuck them super hard.

edit: oh and more than half the time, somebody just quit making 5v6. Fucking irritating.

Last edited:

Llyrwenne

Hopes and Dreams SAVE the World
Oct 26, 2017
Well that Bygones just increased my Crucible performance about tenfold.

Yes you need to do that within the season, you also need to finish the Collections badge for Season of Dawn (in case you haven't) a lot of people seem to miss that. Hit everything on the map with a gold medallion and you should be able to hit 950. Do the 8 bounties each for Shax and Zavala too. Good luck!
Completely overlooked the Collections Badge part. That Komodo-4FR Crucible Quest might lock me out, don't know if I have that much time to grind. I've been doing all the Powerful Reward activities (save Nightfall and Raid) and am currently at 940 (930+10). I fear just the upcoming weekly reset is probably not going to be enough to push me to 950.

You should be able to start a second character and get them up to your power level in an hour or so, and when you've done that you can just do all your powerful rewards on that character too. The reason why second and third characters power up faster is because it factors in your highest weapon power and so brings up the average of the drops you get on those chars.

Between that and next week, you'll easy hit 950. Ask in the Discord for a carry and I'm sure peeps will oblige.
I already have three characters - the other two are also already at 900+ but lagging behind a little. I'll see how far they get me with their Powerful Rewards.

Nov 14, 2017
Well that Bygones just increased my Crucible performance about tenfold.

Completely overlooked the Collections Badge part. That Komodo-4FR Crucible Quest might lock me out, don't know if I have that much time to grind. I've been doing all the Powerful Reward activities (save Nightfall and Raid) and am currently at 940 (930+10). I fear just the upcoming weekly reset is probably not going to be enough to push me to 950.

I already have three characters - the other two are also already at 900+ but lagging behind a little. I'll see how far they get me with their Powerful Rewards.
Remember you can get random drops at power, which will bring your average power up on 2nd/3rd chars if they are armour. Devrim and Asher are currently giving out rewards at power according to DIM (look in the vendor tab) - that's another good way to get drops at power.

The basic strat for power-levelling is to transfer weapons and then get drops at power until your 2nd/3rd char is within a couple of points of your original character, and then do powerful rewards. With the way powerful rewards work right now, I would have expected it's possible to do 900->950 in a week across 3 chars. In any case I wouldn't sweat it too much. At 930 with 3 chars, you'll easily pass 950 after weekly reset.

Oh, as for Komodo, do you have Arbalest? If you do, it's basically one evening of play. If not, then I think you're in trouble.

Control SBMM is such a shitshow currently. More than half of my matches is I got put into teams that refuses to capture points. too many times the enemy capture all 3 points. Man fuck all these random teammates that refuses to capture points, fuck them super hard.

edit: oh and more than half the time, somebody just quit making 5v6. Fucking irritating.
Not gonna lie: I finished my Komodo in control and totally ignored the points. What other game mode encourages the enemy team to stand still for a few seconds in a single spot?

Oct 28, 2017
3 matches today in competitive against blatant netlimiters. I've never had so many encounters with this shit so quickly than I have today. Before it'd be maybe 1 a month, or even 1 every 2 months. 300 points down. Legend this season is not gonna happen, I guess.

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
when is the next OT gonna go up ?
They should drop more info and timeline at reset , so after that ?
I need OT to be in regular again, always forget to check hangouts.

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
when is the next OT gonna go up ?
They should drop more info and timeline at reset , so after that ?
I need OT to be in regular again, always forget to check hangouts.
Just watch the thread instead? :d

I'm not sure if I'll play much Trials. I already can't stand those wallhack Hunters in regular crucible. Hope there's some decent PvE content.

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
Just watch the thread instead? :d

I'm not sure if I'll play much Trials. I already can't stand those wallhack Hunters in regular crucible. Hope there's some decent PvE content.
lol wallhack hunters, OEM titans don't even have to lift a finger to get wallhacks oh and also sanguine alchemy warlocks.

PhaZe 5

Oct 27, 2017
I hope Izanagi getting kicked in the nutty pututties prompts more exotic primary use in PVE. These weapons have had no role for too long. I want to use Bad Juju and Huckleberry again.

I do too--but I don't think champions are built for non burst damage. Burst damage will still be the meta for those enemies I think.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
3 matches today in competitive against blatant netlimiters. I've never had so many encounters with this shit so quickly than I have today. Before it'd be maybe 1 a month, or even 1 every 2 months. 300 points down. Legend this season is not gonna happen, I guess.

disgusting.

I see netlimiting has bled over from the raids into comp.

They better have a way to detect this shit on Trials will be a 100% shitshow.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
what is netlimiting?
it's software that limits the amount of data that can either enter or exit your computer. this creates all manner of fuckery and is usually leveraged in raids.

Example: Netlimiting in the Garden of Salvation Raid is used to prevent Bungie's servers from removing motes from your character.

Take the 3rd encounter where you have to deposit 30 motes to start a DPS phase. Ordinarily you have 3 people picking up waves of motes and depositing them. With net limiting, one person you can pick up the first set of 10 motes, engage their net limiter, and deposit 30 motes by depositing 3 times in a row to instantly start a damage phase, in one swoop. This works because Bungie's servers are unable to tell your game client to remove the motes from your character because the data literally can't get through. The result is you get to do it repeatedly for like 20 or 30 seconds (after which the game will kick you for disconnection). This means the 3rd and 4th encounters of that raid become trivialized. One person can do all the motes at once. This is especially effective on weeks where the boss is the challenge week.

I believe it also works on the Scourge raid for the tank phase, but I don't know what all happens. I just know the 3rd encounter can be one-shot via something to do with netlimiting.

Apparently it's also a thing in PvP where net limiting can prevent you from being killed while killing others.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Going into Trials on console without a worry about cheaters.

tenor.gif

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017
I believe it also works on the Scourge raid for the tank phase, but I don't know what all happens. I just know the 3rd encounter can be one-shot via something to do with netlimiting.
It was for orb duping iirc, which is useful for both 1st and 3rd encounter. Insurrection Prime phase 1 itself can be 1 phased with coordinated missile barrage, no trickery needed.

Llyrwenne

Oct 26, 2017
Remember you can get random drops at power, which will bring your average power up on 2nd/3rd chars if they are armour. Devrim and Asher are currently giving out rewards at power according to DIM (look in the vendor tab) - that's another good way to get drops at power.

The basic strat for power-levelling is to transfer weapons and then get drops at power until your 2nd/3rd char is within a couple of points of your original character, and then do powerful rewards. With the way powerful rewards work right now, I would have expected it's possible to do 900->950 in a week across 3 chars. In any case I wouldn't sweat it too much. At 930 with 3 chars, you'll easily pass 950 after weekly reset.

Oh, as for Komodo, do you have Arbalest? If you do, it's basically one evening of play. If not, then I think you're in trouble.
Hopped onto my Warlock today, cleared out a bunch of activities and got her to exact 950. That's one part solved!

Unfortunately I do not have the Arbalest. I fear that's going to be what keeps me from the title. Hope Xûr brings it along coming weekly reset. That amount of kills with a Heavy weapon in Crucible is not something I see myself achieving in barely a week, especially when I have the Gambit and Vanguard weapons still to grind for too.

CrudeDiatribe

Oct 25, 2017
Eastern Canada
Unfortunately I do not have the Arbalest. I fear that's going to be what keeps me from the title. Hope Xûr brings it along coming weekly reset. That amount of kills with a Heavy weapon in Crucible is not something I see myself achieving in barely a week, especially when I have the Gambit and Vanguard weapons still to grind for too.

There is more heavy in Mayhem, which is the current 6v6 rotator. Once weekly reader comes, if you don't get momentum control (also with more heavy), I would do the other two first and hope Arbalest drops during a strike or gambit match.

darthbob

One Winged Slayer - Shinra Employee
Nov 20, 2017
Hopped onto my Warlock today, cleared out a bunch of activities and got her to exact 950. That's one part solved!

Use Xur's fated engram and cross your fingers, he might bestow you with Arby.

Remnants

Prophet of Regret
Jul 18, 2019
So I gave the division 2 a shot, not having played since release. I reached 30, unlocked the world tiers and realized I hate the moment to moment gameplay. While we all know destiny has its problems at least the gameplay is great. It's one of the reasons that I have stuck around for 1400+ hours.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I missed getting protect the runner for a single mote. Ended up with 74. Also, the Line in the sand with rapid hit and firing line melts gambit bosses.

Oct 31, 2017
La La Land
User Banned (2 Weeks): Dismissing the existence of sexist behaviour.
what is netlimiting?
Another made up term, up there with "mansplaining."

EDIT: This isn't "sexist," but whatever. I asked for an explination which was ignored so yeah, thanks for proving my point. I'm not a fucking sexist so keep that label off me if you can't even show yourself for going on this power trip and talking shit about me behind closed doors about shit thats not even true, but if it was enough to get you off on a bad day then I'm glad I could help, I guess. At the end of the day - you just a screen name. Life goes on.

Last edited:

Llyrwenne

Oct 26, 2017
There is more heavy in Mayhem, which is the current 6v6 rotator. Once weekly reader comes, if you don't get momentum control (also with more heavy), I would do the other two first and hope Arbalest drops during a strike or gambit match.
There's more Heavy ammo in Mayhem, yes, but it's still tied to picking it up at specific times at locations broadcast to everyone and also everyone is in their Super pretty much all the time.
Use Xur's fated engram and cross your fingers, he might bestow you with Arby.
I got an Exotic Linear Fusion Rifle! ... It's Queenbreaker.

Ambitious

Oct 26, 2017
On Reddit, they have the Daily/Weekly Reset threads with data like strike burns/mods, Daily Heroics, Menagerie bosses and so on. I was wondering: Is there a site with the same information I can bookmark?

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Thanks for your help earlier, guys.

I keep gravitating back to this game - working my way through the first campaign and it is very fun taking breaks to do open world stuff.

Question: when I am done with this campaign, next steps is to play the two DLC campaigns?

I have 800 bright shards(?) - what should I do with them? Sometimes I see colors swatches I like - is it a waste to buy them? My idea would be to buy one, then use purple legendary currency to craft more (once I have a full set of gear that I will be using for a while). At 800, I am still finding new stuff constantly.

Nov 14, 2017
Thanks for your help earlier, guys.

I keep gravitating back to this game - working my way through the first campaign and it is very fun taking breaks to do open world stuff.

Question: when I am done with this campaign, next steps is to play the two DLC campaigns?

I have 800 bright shards(?) - what should I do with them? Sometimes I see colors swatches I like - is it a waste to buy them? My idea would be to buy one, then use purple legendary currency to craft more (once I have a full set of gear that I will be using for a while). At 800, I am still finding new stuff constantly.
Only buy things for bright dust once, then you can get as more as you like for legendary shards / glimmer from collections. Bright dust is the free way to buy stuff from the real money store, so it's hard to come by.

Oct 25, 2017

You can do Gambit in one night and Vanguard in another.

Just expect to run them A LOT (especially Vanguard) since you don't just need the weapons but the shader and emblem from their quests to get the collections badge

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.