• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
lead from gold is pretty good?

I tried to picture how it would work and why I would choose it over Elemental Capacitor or Demolitionist. I couldn't really imagine a scenario where it would feel like a better perk than those.
Because its literally free ammo guranteed. Its very beneficial in cases for nightfall strikes/modifier or gambit where I deplete special and heavy very very often against a crowd of adds or yellow bars or Champions and special ammo drops doesn't drop often . I loss count how many times special ammo doesn't drop for me. As a person who solo farm hallowed lair, special/heavy ammo is the most important resource over demonitionist or elemental capacitor.

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I don't think it's killing the game -- i would far prefer them to focus on other things. but i think it's safe to say that eververse is less player-friendly than it's ever been, and it's not a coincidence that this coincides with the game going f2p.
Part of the problem with these Eververse changes as well is that the game hasn't really gone F2P. I'm still paying a premium for content. I spent $100 AUD on Shadowkeep and the coming year of content, that's actually about $20-30 more than I usually even have to spend on a new release (though it's a pretty standard price for a new release). And while I don't think that entitles me to everything in the Eververse (though I do think these things are better implemented when you can reasonably earn them with regular play as well as actual currency) I do think that doesn't jive with their current approach to MTX.

Actinium

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
California
I have plenty of success with it in Menagerie/Lighthouse runs ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Have you played heroic menagerie in season of opulence? Commander was literally mandatory for majority of the challenges, triumphs and flawless bosses.

I never did, but regardless it's a weird hill to die on since it's still a single directional damage boost that requires a lot of coordination, doesn't also heal at the same time, even when actively blocking enough damage to extend its duration doesn't last as long as a well of radiance, and requires the user to not be actively shooting with the rest of the team while it's active. It's fine to have a class preference, but going as far as making running responses to new players about how they're wrong to play whatever class they want is mean spirited and misinformed at best and probably closer to toxic.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I never did, but regardless it's a weird hill to die on since it's still a single directional damage boost that requires a lot of coordination, doesn't also heal at the same time, even when actively blocking enough damage to extend its duration doesn't last as long as a well of radiance, and requires the user to not be actively shooting with the rest of the team while it's active. It's fine to have a class preference, but going as far as making running responses to new players about how they're wrong to play whatever class they want is mean spirited and misinformed at best and probably closer to toxic.
I never told him what to play.

I merely said Titans have better abilities than warlocks. Which is true.

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
Nah Dawnblade period. But you can still use Strafe Glide and you get the same "burst" of speed as usual. Except Strafe Glide is cheeks so welp

I double checked the old patch notes and it just mentions the Dawnblade super itself. It could be wrong, but I haven't noticed any change outside of the super myself.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
I double checked the old patch notes and it just mentions the Dawnblade super itself. It could be wrong, but I haven't noticed any change outside of the super myself.

Yes it only is for the super. Burst Glide is the only usable one to me, so having to switch over to Strafe just to use my Super is buns. Guess I'm a hunter PVP main now #PlayTheMeta

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Menus are instant, thank goodness.

PC SSDs still have load times on console, enough that I'm probably not going to, say, pop down to the tower to snag a few more bounties between strikes, but they're much more reasonable. Actually, I think I'll do some testing, give me one moment.

PC from bootup, to login, to tower: 2:25.33
PC from orbit to tower: 0:39.96
None of those times are actual "loading". it's all connecting, logging in, grabbing your characters and matchmaking.
If you want to try actual loading times, go into something you don't need anyone for. something you can connect to alone.
like say, a raid or something.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
None of those times are actual "loading". it's all connecting, logging in, grabbing your characters and matchmaking.
If you want to try actual loading times, go into something you don't need anyone for. something you can connect to alone.
like say, a raid or something.
You see the difference in all facets.
I.e

If I click on preview anything in Stadia (I assume PC also) it will instantly appear on screen vs load on ps4.

Jumping landing locations on any map (i.e tower) is instantaneous.

Ect..

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
You see the difference in all facets.
I.e

If I click on preview anything in Stadia (I assume PC also) it will instantly appear on screen vs load on ps4.

Jumping landing locations on any map (i.e tower) is instantaneous.

Ect..
yes, that is much faster on PC
I am saying though that those measured times there are still not real "Loading only"
actual loading times on PC, no networking with others and their shittily setup moderate or closed NAT will always result in barely any load time at all on an SSD PC.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
lead from gold is pretty good?

I tried to picture how it would work and why I would choose it over Elemental Capacitor or Demolitionist. I couldn't really imagine a scenario where it would feel like a better perk than those.

I'd say it depends on what you're playing and how you're playing. Field Prep/Lead From Gold is good for ammo conservation, PVE shit. You'll have endless grenades. Something like Auto-Loading Holster/Demolitionist or Elemental Capacitor would be good for something like PVP. Demolitionist mostly if you have a good grenade that complements Marty (like that Titan grenade that Marty basically shoots for the double fire whammy). Elemental Capacitor if your grenades are shit and you just want the extra stat boosts.

Amibguous Cad

Oct 25, 2017
I'd say it depends on what you're playing and how you're playing. Field Prep/Lead From Gold is good for ammo conservation, PVE shit. You'll have endless grenades. Something like Auto-Loading Holster/Demolitionist or Elemental Capacitor would be good for something like PVP. Demolitionist mostly if you have a good grenade that complements Marty (like that Titan grenade that Marty basically shoots for the double fire whammy). Elemental Capacitor if your grenades are shit and you just want the extra stat boosts.

Auto-loading/Demolitionist is great for PvE, too. Lots of grenade energy, and if you've got a quick sling in your GL's mod slot you can use it like a fighting lion that also gives you grenade energy on kills. Fire once, switch to your primary, switch back in a bit, repeat.

yes, that is much faster on PC
I am saying though that those measured times there are still not real "Loading only"
actual loading times on PC, no networking with others and their shittily setup moderate or closed NAT will always result in barely any load time at all on an SSD PC.

That's a valid enough distinction, I suppose, but not one that's really relevant to most players, who just care how long it takes to go pick up their bounties.

hipsterbodega

Oct 30, 2017
I had an exotic quest for a bow Banshee wanted me to look for. Got to the last step and... it's an expired Strike? The Strike went bad? Like fucking milk? Bungie out here just dropping quests and yelling sike after you've already spent hours on it.

hipsterbodega

Oct 30, 2017
Not really an error. The final step in the quest requires finishing a Strike that can no longer be played because it was only playable in season 8 apparently. I can see it on the map, but clicking on it just says "Welcome to Season 9!" So the Strike won't open and I can't get the bow.

Edit: Looked it up. It's for Levaithans Breath

hipsterbodega

Oct 30, 2017
Googling it, that seems to be the case. But the quest shouldn't drop outside of that season at all then.

lmao this broken game

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
Lead from Gold's description sounds pretty shit, special ammo from heavy bricks so I don't get why it's good.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Lead from Gold's description sounds pretty shit, special ammo from heavy bricks so I don't get why it's good.

It's just maximizing your special ammo gain. I wouldn't say it's that essential unless you're doing something nutty like rocking two special weapons, which is why it's popular with the double grenade launcher build.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Been out of the loop since the new season, when will this season end? Is there anything missable week by week?

hipsterbodega

Oct 30, 2017
I thought it was Shadowkeep, not Undying...
I only just started playing again so I don't understand the delineations between season or expansion or battle pass or whatever. I have no idea what is what. My understanding right now: I bought the expansion Shadowkeep because it was on sale and it seemed like a good time to jump back in. I started playing during the season of the Dawn. It is, again my current understanding, that seasons are separate from expansions? And that Undying was the previous season within the Shadowkeep expansion? And Leviathans Breath was from Undying and now that we are in Dawn, even though it's still covered under the same expansion, I cannot get it. The quest drop was a mistake and I wasted my time.

In typical Destiny fashion, this all seems needlessly obtuse and now I'm not even sure what I paid for when I bought Shadowkeep if seasons and battle passes are separate things entirely.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Been out of the loop since the new season, when will this season end? Is there anything missable week by week?

Early March. Nothing missable week by week. Three different psion bosses are on a rotation. Not missable, but if you're looking to kill one particular psion boss for a triumph or something you'd have to wait two weeks. The Dawning event is going on right now and ends in about two weeks. Only thing missable from that are cosmetics and fully upgrading the event's unique sparrow.

Oct 28, 2017
They ought to get their arse in gear and change up Eververse pricing from silver to actual dosh, though that would probably give people the shits over how expensive things actually are.

tomwarren

Senior Editor, The Verge
Verified
Apr 18, 2018
not too bad for 2 hours of farming over the Christmas break
ZkrtsCH.jpg

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Has anything story related happened since the 2 saint 14 missions? I only played the first buy I wanted to make sure im not falling too far behind on it.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Has anything story related happened since the 2 saint 14 missions? I only played the first buy I wanted to make sure im not falling too far behind on it.
Uldren has been a Guardian for over a year now and the player character hasn't heard anything about it because reasons. The pace is beyond glacial.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
haha. I've had friends spend 100+ hours farming this nightfall to never get a good drop. Guess I was super lucky
I got the curated version randomly running the nightfall and let the gun sit in my vault until a couple months ago I used it for an IB bounty... I had not idea it was so hard to get at the time, lol.

meanwhile, I still can't get Horror's Least to drop and gave up trying.....

texmechanica

Nov 19, 2018
Been trying to transition from controller to kb/m this week and it finally started clicking for me today. Had a 3.0 KD match where I went ham with Spare Rations. It's a completely different gun on mouse lol.

Remapping crouch and grenade throw to my mouse helped me tremendously as my left hand can focus on movement and not fumble around the keyboard. Any other tips y'all have for someone transitioning from controller?

Apr 3, 2018
So I'm prepared to be shouted into oblivion here but I've been playing with my rapid hit/multikill clip Spare Rations and MKC just feels like it requires way more effort to maximize than it's worth. Especially in group PVE content when you are fighting for kills.

I'm sure it's the scrub in me talking here but I'd much rather just have a Midnight Coup or something with swashbuckler.

Status
Not open for further replies.