• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Just played the Forsaken campaign beginning. Holy crap was I happy that the
insufferable Poochie pistol guy died. I couldn't fucking stand him when I played at launch. This is looking up!

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I'm playing again after not touching it since launch and it's so overwhelming, there's so much to do and so much has changed. Apparently all my mods are useless now.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
I'm playing against after not touching it since launch and it's so overwhelming, there's so much to do and so much has changed. Apparently all my mods are useless now.

Any mods you had are now universal. You can scrap any old ones for materials, since you have them freely appliable at any time to any bit of armour that can take them.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
I have decided to go with the new expac story because well, if there hasn't been a glamour system implemented untill very recently outside of lore it doesn' matter and I can google that.

but I have MANY questions, so like the bit i played before had like builds and shit . But now it seems all the build abilities I have are unlocked. I decided to be a warlock because magic space gun man. What should I be doing , help.

Also why is like all the purchasable armor for warlocks kinda wack

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
That's the problem with Bungie's quest design. You can get to a later step and all progress made beforehand is worthless. Just make it one long list of things, or make it retroactive.

Ghostfacedon

Apr 17, 2019
So we can transmat a whole hive crystal to Amanda in that one mission. But, I have to hand deliver these Chocolate ship cookies. Make it make sense Bungie.

Anyway, I finally finished enough Black armory frames for Jotunn and LeMonarque. Sorry in advance for those in IB, they're new to me.

Zasa

Oct 25, 2017
I now massively regret not completing either the Truth or Deathbringer quests yet. End me.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
i think Dreams-Vision will like this Last Hope that I just got it to drop.

pfjceQN.jpg

All that Range, Stability and Lethality. I took it out into PvP and just shredded people within 20m.
lawd

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL

This is hilarious.

First Luna/NF and now Recluse.

It's like Bungie enjoys giving the middle finger to players that put in time to earn 'pinnacle' weapons.

I can't be too sour, since I got all the pinnacle weapons pretty early and had plenty of time with them through their glory days, just sweet jesus, maybe don't nerf weapons people put DOZENS OF HOURS into earning (and for many people, all those hours are in an activity they LOATHE) below weapons that randomly drop from basic activities? Holy ****.
cover5.jpeg

Oct 28, 2017
The Recluse nerf is only a nerf if you ain't hitting headshots. Its good its been "nerfed" anyway, since it opens up the chance to use other guns. I know I've barely used it since this season began. Been messing with 1-2-P builds with Python and other guns, and generally enjoying myself.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
The Recluse nerf is only a nerf if you ain't hitting headshots.
That's just not accurate. It had its crit damage nerfed, so whether you're hitting your crits or not, you're doing less damage per bullet than you did before this patch. You now get objectively more damage out of kill clip, swash, rampage, and multikill clip than you do out of Master of Arms. As soon as they release a proper 600rpm or 900rpm with frenzy and the usual damage perk options, Recluse is dead. Cold Front is pretty trash, but it's the first salvo.

JaegerDeus

Banned
Jan 25, 2018
The Recluse nerf is only a nerf if you ain't hitting headshots. Its good its been "nerfed" anyway, since it opens up the chance to use other guns. I know I've barely used it since this season began. Been messing with 1-2-P builds with Python and other guns, and generally enjoying myself.

No. The Recluse with MoA active hits crit damage lower than a SMG of the same archetype with kill clup.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it's that one, go for the middle tree void super.
Is warlock really bad, because I play stuff because it looks cool. Whatever hyper end game meta is sorta irrelevant to me

Not to be rude but I feel like i dunno telling someone about end game meta whatever when they are just starting is kinda...bad

Actinium

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
California
Is warlock really bad, because I play stuff because it looks cool. Whatever hyper end game meta is sorta irrelevant to me

Any of the 3 is fine, even for hyper endgame stuff. Some people have some strong opinions about pvp utility but honestly even in pvp your guns and your ability to aim and shoot trumps whatever class gimmick has people riled this season.

Deleted member 4413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bungie sucks so much at competitive multiplayer. Guess all the good devs that worked on Halo stayed with MS.

Literally camping in corners with my shotgun. No shame. IDGAF. I'll be literally sitting on heavy spawns when I get to the rocket step as well. We losing? Oh well, sucks for the rest of my team. Blame Bungie for terrible game design.

Last seasons IB was so good too. Shame.

Edit: So I've found I can at least lay down some good territory control with Lord of Wolves. Play the objective. Idk how I'm going to get those rocket kills without camping heavy spawns though. Any advice? Is Truth the best launcher for this step?

Last edited:

NutterB

Oct 27, 2017
Bungie sucks so much at competitive multiplayer. Guess all the good devs that worked on Halo stayed with MS.

Literally camping in corners with my shotgun. No shame. IDGAF. I'll be literally sitting on heavy spawns when I get to the rocket step as well. We losing? Oh well, sucks for the rest of my team. Blame Bungie for terrible game design.

Last seasons IB was so good too. Shame.

Edit: So I've found I can at least lay down some good territory control with Lord of Wolves. Play the objective. Idk how I'm going to get those rocket kills without camping heavy spawns though. Any advice? Is Truth the best launcher for this step?
Halo has had some questionable MP achievements in the past. This is just them in their final form.

Yes "no one is forcing you to complete the bounty" but its the only way to get the newest Iron Banner Gear.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
How the hell do people use scout rifles in PvP? I'm trying to use Symmetry to unlock Randy's Throwing Knife, and either it deals the damage of a pea shooter, or it misses point-blank shots.

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
How the hell do people use scout rifles in PvP? I'm trying to use Symmetry to unlock Randy's Throwing Knife, and either it deals the damage of a pea shooter, or it misses point-blank shots.
150 RPM(Jade Rabbit,Polaris Lance) or 200 RPM scouts rifles(Mida,POLC,Night Watch) are the only ones viable. I wouldn't use Symmetry for that.

DrScissorsMD

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 19, 2019
Jesus fucking christ Bungie. When you include a stupid thing like rocket launcher kills you enable the possibility of me wasting ~10mins at a time for matches where I get no heavy. So thank you so much, you fucks.

pants

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So we can transmat a whole hive crystal to Amanda in that one mission. But, I have to hand deliver these Chocolate ship cookies. Make it make sense Bungie.

Do you think there might be a difference between handing someone a gift in person, versus sending it to them without any kind of gesture or interaction?

You aren't sending them tax documents lol

Dec 3, 2018
Ontario Canada
I've only just started to play Crucible. Rumble. Just farming for paradox amplifiers and stuff for the lost prophecies.

I keep coming across a couple of these players, one I seem to encounter daily.

On the bottom left you will see "xxx thanks everyone"...over and over.

You come up on the guy and he is just standing there. Easy to take out, doesn't fight back. Round after round.

I also come across guys just standing there facing the wall firing. I'm assuming they are using a wall hack and taking people out from afar? They never fight back.

And then these others just standing there aiming in the sky. Not shooting, just aiming. Never fight back.

I used them to cheese some kills today. Got a win out of it and a couple gold medal badge things. I should be the one thanking everyone like the guy above lol

I took 2 videos of them today as I think they may be cheaters, I don't know. I'm just a PVE guy having to do PVP for quests.

I have two screen shots below, names removed for example below. If it lets me post it, I'm a low post count lurker lol

Whats the deal with these guys?

d2wtf2a.png

d2wtf1b.png

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
I've only just started to play Crucible. Rumble. Just farming for paradox amplifiers and stuff for the lost prophecies.

I keep coming across a couple of these players, one I seem to encounter daily.

On the bottom left you will see "xxx thanks everyone"...over and over.

You come up on the guy and he is just standing there. Easy to take out, doesn't fight back. Round after round.

I also come across guys just standing there facing the wall firing. I'm assuming they are using a wall hack and taking people out from afar? They never fight back.

And then these others just standing there aiming in the sky. Not shooting, just aiming. Never fight back.

I used them to cheese some kills today. Got a win out of it and a couple gold medal badge things. I should be the one thanking everyone like the guy above lol

I took 2 videos of them today as I think they may be cheaters, I don't know. I'm just a PVE guy having to do PVP for quests.

I have two screen shots below, names removed for example below. If it lets me post it, I'm a low post count lurker lol

Whats the deal with these guys?

d2wtf2a.png

d2wtf1b.png
They are AFK farming, probably for the Redrix quest or for the seasonal stuff you get at the end of a match.

Dec 3, 2018
Ontario Canada
They are AFK farming, probably for the Redrix quest or for the seasonal stuff you get at the end of a match.

Ahh Ok thanks. Just had to do a quick google to see what that was.

Explains the one match where it seemed like it was me and only one other person actually playing the game.

Oh well then no harm really done.

Gets me some easy kills for bounties and few medals and a sense of pride that I had all those kills and got some gold medals...until now that I know, I feel cheap for farming them for kills lol

Thanks much

Last edited:

Deleted member 1003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I refuse to do another IB quest for the same armor for the third time with quest steps that involve finals blows.

Amibguous Cad

Oct 25, 2017
Soooo much ticky tack busywork to keep track of.

Remember back when you got, like, 3 vanguard and 3 crucible bounties a day? Good times.

Status
Not open for further replies.