• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AlternateAir

Oct 27, 2017
In the now no longer aviable visits to his sisters court, there was a cutscene where it shows a ghost reviving him.

Wait - this is no longer available? It's one of things I keep meaning to look into how I can chase down that story thread now that I'm back to playing Destiny 2. I checked out during Forsaken just before this whole story line started.

I figured I was just missing something, as The Dreaming City as a quest hub seems like a mess right now

JohnOfMars

Fighting Lion
Oct 25, 2017
Mars
Have you tried it? With some glee I slapped two of them and I didn't really notice mountains of super energy as I blasted away with FL. Will try again sometime.
It's possible FL doesn't count, being a primary
The text says energy. FL is a energy weapon, probably a bug or either the gains are miniscule.

I'm going to test it tonight.

It says Energy or Power, and obvs Lion is Energy. There are only 2 kinetic, Mountaintop and Militia's Birthright. but every other grenade launcher perk is very specific about only benefiting Special and Heavy Ammo (granted, they are ammo perks, lol). But still, they're worded such that they exclude Lion.

The other super-from-weapon perks are for Special ammo only weapons, so it makes sense to exclude Lion more than MT and Militia's. Because Lion is primary ammo and has so much uptime compared to special ammo weapon.

GalaxyDive

Oct 25, 2017
Wait - this is no longer available? It's one of things I keep meaning to look into how I can chase down that story thread now that I'm back to playing Destiny 2. I checked out during Forsaken just before this whole story line started.

I figured I was just missing something, as The Dreaming City as a quest hub seems like a mess right now

You can still activate the oracle engine and enter Mara's court on strong curse weeks, but she is no longer there.

It was Bungie's first go at ongoing story events and they made some errors. Namely the conversations/cutscenes were only available one specific week each. Even if you were playing at the time, if you forgot to visit her, you missed out. They fixed it when they did something similar during Season of the Drifter with the Invitation of the Nine. You can only do one a week, but you can still get those from Xur and view the content.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, they really gutted the story experience of The Dreaming City IMO. The intro missions to unlock the Dreaming City after the Forsaken campaign were really dope and AFAIK now you can't do that at all anymore since the patrol area is unlocked from the start.

Ishmae1

Creative Director, Microsoft
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
Damnit, Bungie. You made me spend money.

That hunter gun finisher was way too good to not get.

Also, the new exotic scout puts off Vision of Confluence vibes bigtime.

crespo

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I'm inclined to say Symmetry is one of the most exotic-feeling exotics I've used in a while.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
The new Saint 14 Sidearm is kinda amazing (have 1 with multi-killclip). Done the Vanguard Ritual weapon super quick with it.

Temperance

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
[NO 2FA]
So i put some time into this last night. I can't get above 4 linear rifle kills per match, it's going to be a while for that gun reward. I'm at the stage that I don't believe I'll get better at comp anytime soon.

+Thanks for the tips guys. I guess I DO have Arbalest but never used it lol, that should hopefully help.

Last edited:

CrudeDiatribe

Oct 25, 2017
Eastern Canada
No they don't, and more to my point, Bungie can't nerf properly. It's always nerfed into oblivion or still stupidly viable. Breakneck and Redrix's also got unnecessary nerfs when they didn't even over perform (or weren't the meta).

We were discussing outspoken PvPers complaining about justified (and well done) HC changes, and so my comment was solely about PvP. Redrix is unchanged in PvP.

So i put some time into this last night. I can't get above 4 linear rifle kills per match, it's going to be a while for that gun reward. I'm at the stage that I don't believe I'll get better at comp anytime soon.

Do you have Arbalest? Use empowering rifts, inertia override, and sunspots to one-shot to the body.

AaronMT

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
7e3.jpg

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
Unlock the enhance linear fusion targeting mod from the artifact, slap onto your helmet, use arbalest and start to position yourself at corners and walls where you can see players to headshot them but give yourself cover to escape if you miss the shot. If you see a 3/4 health guardian aim for the body, bodyshot kill still counts to your final blows kill. I average around 10 - 15 kills per match with arbalest, you can even start challenging supers with arbalest because its a OHK on precision and bullet magnetism is very strong.

NutterB

Oct 27, 2017
Comp is always going to be sweat fest. I got to 4200 last season by doing solo's but good god reaching 5500 for the MIDA catalyst is likely never going to happen.

With that said, its actually not hard at all to get heroic after the changes they made 2 seasons ago.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
The ritual one is fucking amazing
They feel real good in PvE. Not sure if they did something to them, as I've barely used them in D2, but they don't feel completely terrible past mid range anymore. Getting the Ritual weapon was super quick (not messed with it yet though).
My Lase Dance was one of my favourite weapons way back when... I'm looking forward to grabbing this new one now, thanks!

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
I hope that with the new wave frame type on Grenade Launcher means there will be more experimental archetypes on other weapons in the future. The last time we have a experimental archtype was in forsaken with 2 shot handcannon/sidearm like Warden's Law and Smugglers Word.

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
Symmetry is so fun to use! I want more weapons like this. Being able to nail a bunch of headshots and then switch to something that DESTROYS adds Is so fun!.

Andri

Mar 20, 2018
Switzerland
Seems like the Tangled Shore obelisk is the better one to max out, since it gives an extra uplink for sundial at resonance 11.
But the perk to get more fractaline on that one is Gambit, so eh.

i would say pvp sweatlords should get ranks on mars, since that gives extra fractaline from crucible.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
So i missed out on Bygones vendor roll when forsaken released. Because of that I've been suffering in Gambit chasing a outlaw/killclip for months and months. One bygones dropped with a shit roll.

Saw that it was a bounty reward for the Mars obelisk. I was excited because I knew I found a Gambit less way to get one now. I'm going to grind it out until I get my outlaw/killclip

Got it the very first one

In that moment I felt like I finally fucking beat Destiny, I beat the game, it's over, I finally did it. The nightmare is over, I never have to set foot in Gambit ever again.

JohnOfMars

Fighting Lion
Oct 25, 2017
Mars
That was with just 1 mod slotted. It only costs 3 energy, so Imma double stack that mod and be a god.

spyder_ur

Oct 25, 2017
Damn I was kind of hoping after seeing that 'Beta' thing that they'd just stealth drop Trials for the weekend or something. Would probably be enough for me to pick up the new season. Maybe tomorrow?

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
Hunter gets scammed with a reskinned helmet but the Season Pass armor is great so I don't care too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.