• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
cKpF1aG.jpg

Story Recap
We defended the moon and fought back against our own nightmares, then we dove into the Black Garden striking at a heart of the Vex war machine. In doing so we emboldened the Vex. In response an old foe "The Undying Mind" re-established itself within the Vex Network making thousands of copies across respective timelines with a goal of sealing entry to the enigmatic Black Garden.

With the Help of Ikora Rey and Zavala we constructed a Portal and dragged each and ever copy of The Undying Mind into our reality and slayed them. Our actions were not without consequences. By defeating the Undying Mind we alerted Osiris to the fact that our actions can speed up the approaching darkness.
In addition our defeat of the Undying mind sent fractures through time creating a focal point of broken time on Mercury around a device constructed by Osiris in failed attempts to rescue his long dead friend. The Device known as "The sundial" became the focus of a Cabal attack led by 4 Psion sisters who hoped to rewrite the failings of the Red War.

We ventured into the corridors of time and due to a unique temporal locator managed to rescue Saint-14 from his intended death, we also got a glimpse at our potential grave and with our new found assistance managed to beat back the Psion sisters and seal shut the wounds of times. In the following months guardians came together to aid Osiris in the construction of a new lighthouse, a beacon for guardians to come and test themselves in the most demanding of combat the Trials of Osiris.

Elsewhere Osiris became aware of a dark future and has demanded that the Warmind Rasputin declare where it's allegiance lay.

The Cabal had one last trick up their sleeves, A Psion Flayer set the planet destroying super weapon The Almighty on a collision course with earth, With the help of Ana Bray we sought the aid of the Warmind Rapsutin, We unearthed his hidden bunkers, rebuilt his defences, armed his weapons and found out about his dark past.

Finally the time had come and The Almighty was close to it's final collision, Guardians gathered en masse in the tower to watch as Rasputin unleashed his mighty arsenal and blasted The Almighty with a shocking display of power. A huge section of it came crashing into the mountains behind us and outside of some superficial damage we survived.

Our efforts to enhance Rasputin also presented us with the opportunity to expand our surveillance of the universe, Rasputins newly powered scanners monitored an incoming fleet of unknown origin, Fragments of the vanquished Almighty burn in the sky, Mysterious Pyramid ships reveal themselves throughout the system. An obscured message emerges from the darkness. Is it a greeting, a threat, or something else altogether? Eris and Zavala call upon us to find out...

XHBNAme.jpg

hqQhObK.jpg

The Pyramid ships are approaching, and you must venture wherever answers lie. Enter the realm of the IX – a dimension where the rules of your world no longer exist. Face hordes of Taken and manipulate reality to solve intricate puzzles. What was once above is now below. And what was once Light is now Dark.

S11_Calendar_Calendar_en.jpg

Z0rD6gj.jpg

6ZsUMB1.png

The Future
Bungie revealed this season an hour before it went live so that's why the OT is late. Aside from that they also announced the next 3 years of Destiny 2
EN_2.png

There's an absolute mountain of info to go with these pretty pictures and I'm not going to bloat this OT with it, Safe to say right now is a very exciting time for the Destiny community.

I highly recommend checking out Bungie's blog post on everything coming in the next few years and the stream linked Below.
Building a Viable Future in Destiny 2

Community

Group Finding

D2 PC LFG Discord (PC) https://discordapp.com/invite/d2pclfg
DestinyLFG (All Platforms) http://www.destinylfg.net/
The 100 (All Platforms) https://www.the100.io/
Bungie Fireteam Search https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2/FireteamSearch

Community Sites and Tools

Braytech.org https://braytech.org/
Destiny Item Manager https://destinyitemmanager.com/
Destiny Sets (Gear and Weapon Checklist) https://destinysets.com/
Destiny Tracker (PvP/PvE Stats) https://destinytracker.com/
light.gg (Full database scraper/Stat Tracker) https://light.gg/
Ishtar Collective (Lore Collectors) https://www.ishtar-collective.net/
/r/DestinyTheGame https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/
Destiny Roundup https://destinyroundup.com/
Destiny Daily https://www.destiny-daily.com/
Gaurdian.gg https://guardian.gg/2

DestinyEra also has a active private discord with LFG channels for all platforms and a lovely community. We are welcoming and easy going. If you want to join you can DM Ruthless requesting an invite.

The DestinyEra Discord is also home to a channel dedicated to Sherpas willing to guide new players on their first foray into the Raids and Raid Lairs of Destiny 2 and Forsaken

The End
I'd like to say a HUGE thanks to the following members for their contributions to the OT, DestinyEra as a community or both. In no particular order

Ruthless
EmptySpace
Strakt - This guy has been amazing with new news threads seriously
JohnOfMars
ImperatorPat

Season of Arrivals is still very much an unknown in many ways and I'd like to drop in a quick Sorry about the late OT, I'll blow your socks off with Beyond lights :) Normally I end an OT with a bit of a general retrospective but if I'm going to be doing Seasonal OT's I'll forgo that. As always on behalf of myself and DestinyEra I would like to say that we know Destiny is far from a perfect and while public opinion seems to be positive for it it does still carry some level of ire from a subset of posters, obviously everyone and all opinions are welcome but If possible I'd like to suggest posters prior to posting just think to them selves "does this comment add anything to a discussion or will it just derail a thread"

From all of DestinyEra "Per Audacia ad astra"
Screen-Shot-2020-06-09-at-2.12.07-PM.png

Oct 27, 2017
Right, stupid questions alert, but I re-installed Destiny 2 yesterday after being impressed with their stream and how they're approaching the game.

If I only own the F2P version of the game, what do I need to buy to enjoy this? Shadowkeep is currently on sale, is that enough? Or are there additional season passes I need to purchase instead of or as well as?

coma

Oct 28, 2017
So, maybe a dumb question, but...what exactly is the point of doing the new public event?

OP
OP
Stalker

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Right, stupid questions alert, but I re-installed Destiny 2 yesterday after being impressed with their stream and how they're approaching the game.

If I only own the F2P version of the game, what do I need to buy to enjoy this? Shadowkeep is currently on sale, is that enough? Or are there additional season passes I need to purchase instead of or as well as?

Forsaken+Shadowkeep

Play all the campaigns and ready yourself for Beyond Light in September

Nov 14, 2017

2 things:

Never buy into the hype and you can't be disappointed. The first rule of Destiny is that it's probably not what you expect it to be.

It might be worth buying base Shadowkeep and Forsaken? Forsaken isn't going away any time soon, tho it might disappear at the end of next year if things carry on like this. So, maybe wait till fall and it'll be cheaper? Shadowkeep will get you this yers expansion and the current season.

Capricorn

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So I booted up Destiny 2 for the first time since Season of the Forge ended last Sunday, just to check out how it played on Stadia, without knowing that'd mean I'd waste my Season Pass for a season that was ending in the next two days... :(

Anyway, the game plays fantastically there so I'll play through the Shadowkeep campaign as it's free for Stadia Pro users. However, I've got to say coming back to the game was incredibly overwhelming, I've got like a gazillion pursuits from Season of the Drifter onwards, I accidentally restarted the Red War campaign as there was a mission marker on The Tower for it and I thought it may be the New Light introductory mission or something, and on boot I was greeted by multiple cutscenes of the Season of the Worthy storyline which were absolutely confounding for a lapsed player like me.

Also, I played yesterday and I was inmediately taken to the new Season of Arrivals mission (which was amazing), even though I haven't played through Shadowkeep yet, so that was a bit disconcerting and spoilery as well.

Now that I've looked up some guides and recaps online I'm ready to go on, but man, that was a terrible first impression.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
So I booted up Destiny 2 for the first time since Season of the Forge ended last Sunday, just to check out how it played on Stadia, without knowing that'd mean I'd waste my Season Pass for a season that was ending in the next two days... :(

Anyway, the game plays fantastically there so I'll play through the Shadowkeep campaign as it's free for Stadia Pro users. However, I've got to say coming back to the game was incredibly overwhelming, I've got like a gazillion pursuits from Season of the Drifter onwards, I accidentally restarted the Red War campaign as there was a mission marker on The Tower for it and I thought it may be the New Light introductory mission or something, and on boot I was greeted by multiple cutscenes of the Season of the Worthy storyline which were absolutely confounding for a lapsed player like me.

Also, I played yesterday and I was inmediately taken to the new Season of Arrivals mission (which was amazing), even though I haven't played through Shadowkeep yet, so that was a bit disconcerting and spoilery as well.

Now that I've looked up some guides and recaps online I'm ready to go on, but man, that was a terrible first impression.
Yeah, I haven't played Destiny in months as I had switched over to Division 2 on Stadia. Came back for the new pass and had to have my son explain to my wtf I'm supposed to be doing. I find it so strange that Bungie has not committed more resources to making the game more cohesive to new and returning players. So many people must drop the game after being overwhelmed.

Between the game being FTP everywhere (including GFN removing a hardware requirement) and the full game technically free for a month on Stadia , I think they are dropping the ball on getting more new people interested in the game.

Fun to return, the gunplay is so much fun. Just wish I had rolled a Warlock as I am not digging Titan as much. I gave my son my PS4 account and started over when Stadia launched and wanted to try something new lol

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
ahhh the OT has arrived

I already played more and ranked up more than I did last season. That's how much of an improvement this season feels like. Who knew not having to stop and press x to pick up balls and then take the time to throw them would improve a public event dramatically?!?! Who knew?! 🙄

I like the new engrams that drop as well, I like when it rains loot. The more the merrier.

I am surprised that we are so Savathun heavy because I thought we would be more Dorito heavy.

ClassAndFear

Oct 30, 2017
ahhh the OT has arrived

I already played more and ranked up more than I did last season. That's how much of an improvement this season feels like. Who knew not having to stop and press x to pick up balls and then take the time to throw them would improve a public event dramatically?!?! Who knew?! 🙄

I like the new engrams that drop as well, I like when it rains loot. The more the merrier.

I am surprised that we are so Savathun heavy because I thought we would be more Dorito heavy.
wonder if they'll hold back the Doritos as an actual enemy race until lightfall

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I watched the reveal several times on several different people's streams. I'm convinced that Lightfall leads to Destiny 3
Luke keeps talking about it "leads up to a moment"

Whether that's Destiny 3 or the end of the game itself I don't known.
So you think hes lying when he says no Destiny 3 is planned?

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ahhh the OT has arrived

From what I am garthering from the story, The Darkness just wants to talk to us, but Savathun is trying really hard to not let it. She snapped us out of being abducted by the pyramid again, and its blocking the messages that Eris is decoding.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
A new thread-

Concern posts,
Shit posts,
Hot takes from people who dont play,
General vitriol and salt
Me defence-forcing,

tumblr_m9zhc6AS6f1rqpx0x.gif

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
From what I am garthering from the story, The Darkness just wants to talk to us, but Savathun is trying really hard to not let it. She snapped us out of being abducted by the pyramid again, and its blocking the messages that Eris is decoding.

People tell you they just want to talk so they could be punch you in the face distance. Plus sometimes talking is more dangerous than a physical altercation.

Plus we killed Oryx, according to sword Logic we will be the most nourishing food for Savathun ever created.

OP
OP
Stalker

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
People tell you they just want to talk so they could be punch you in the face distance. Plus sometimes talking is more dangerous than a physical altercation.

Plus we killed Oryx, according to sword Logic we will be the most nourishing food for Savathun ever created.

If you're into Sword Logic the Guardian is a 12 course meal

May 25, 2019
London
I think I'm at the point where I don't want to grind anymore. I skipped last season so I started around 950-960 for this season and quickly got to 1000 playing some strikes, public events, etc. Now it's the "slow grind" to 1050 with 1-2 light level increases for every piece of gear and its just offputting to me. I want to play the new dungeon and anything else this season, but I'm just not really interested in playing strikes and public events for the next few weeks be able to do so.

Vimto

Oct 29, 2017
Wait, there is a SECOND dungeon in this season?

Haven't played since last November, but I think I will purchase this season.

cmdrshepard

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Wait, there is a SECOND dungeon in this season?

Haven't played since last November, but I think I will purchase this season.
There are only three dungeons - This new one - Prophecy, Shattered Throne and Pit of Heresy.

Also the dungeon is free to all players if that is all you are interested in.

Yeah I do honestly think that.

Personally i don't think bungie has any desire to do another sequel. They are content with just doing expansions with the team that they have.

Is Shattered Throne available all the time now or is it still that old weekly rotation thing?
It is avaiable all the time like the other dungeons on the dreaming city map

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
But look, this picture lists 2 new dungeon. The free one (Prophecy) and other new one for season pass owners.
6ZsUMB1.png
The first 6 items listed are things that are available for everyone regardless of whether you own the season pass or not. If you own the season pass, you get the last 5 things listed on the left side.

Pulp

Nov 4, 2017
So, how strong is the Era community for this on PC and PS4? I remember playing D2 on pc with a bunch of Era guys during the launch days but fell off hard after doing the Leviathan raid for a couple of weeks. Would be nice to get into the game again but I cant be bothered playing with randoms on Reddit etc. Too many bad memories

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
So, how strong is the Era community for this on PC and PS4? I remember playing D2 on pc with a bunch of Era guys during the launch days but fell off hard after doing the Leviathan raid for a couple of weeks. Would be nice to get into the game again but I cant be bothered playing with randoms on Reddit etc. Too many bad memories
ERA Destiny discord is ALWAYS busy

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I mean he also lied about the Darkness being done, lied about the Exo Stranger being done, if I didn't want to be peppered with questions about D3 while working on D3 I would certainly lie about it as well. But who knows.

Yeah I do honestly think that.

Those weren't lies. They weren't going to go back to it. Fan reaction was negative and then they changed their minds.

It's very clear based on what they said that there are zero plans for a Destiny 3. And they also made it clear that they are all in on Destiny going forward so it's not going to just "end" with Lightfall lol.

It has also been documented by trustworthy sources such as Jason Schreier that Activision's desire for numbered sequels was part of why Bungie wanted to split. There's no reason to think they are lying about this and everything we know points to the opposite.

However, they will likely drop PS4 and XB1 at that point which should bring large changes to the game. Perhaps to the point where Lightfall "feels" like Destiny 3.

But I fully believe as time goes on, they will drop the "2" from the title.

EndlessNever

Oct 25, 2017
This season might seem pretty strong because of how bad last season was, but I'm really liking it so far.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
bungiestore.com

PREORDER: Bungie Rewards Emissary IX Hoodie

In July, purchases of Bungie Rewards will require a Bungie Store account linked with a Bungie.net account. View More Info This special Bungie Reward offer is only available to players who complete the Prophecy Dungeon by September 21, 2020 09:59 AM PDT and who receive a code from Bungie Rewards...

Dungeon_Hoodie_Front_Back_1k.png

Yes, this will be the first reward I purchase.

That is dope.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you're into Sword Logic the Guardian is a 12 course meal
Isnt the Sword Logic of killing the best more of a Oryx thing? Sathona is more on the "fooled ya so I'm stronger" vibe. Watch she playing a prank in all the system, maybe even on the Darkness.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Played for a bit last night out of curiosity, and a couple of hours later I'm still playing which was unexpected. Only stopped because it was late. Already feels much better than last season.

Old weapons dropping with higher seasonal light is fucking lol, though.

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
Took advantage of them putting The Whisper misson straight up in the map. And now in the year of 2020, I finally have Whisper of the Worm.

Liked the mission so much that I ended up helping out other players last night in PC. Gonna check if there are any groups in XB1 who need it.

Oct 27, 2017
Mission has been cool so far. I for some reason am enjoying this horde mode better than the last ones so far just due to the fact it's pretty straightforward and gets bonkers. I know the dungeon is 1040 power level anyone here complete it yet and what power level were you and your team?

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
Took advantage of them putting The Whisper misson straight up in the map. And now in the year of 2020, I finally have Whisper of the Worm.

Liked the mission so much that I ended up helping out other players last night in PC. Gonna check if there are any groups in XB1 who need it.
Didn't have a ton of time to play, that is the parkour mission where you have 20 minutes to complete? After jumping across a massive chasm from 2 platforms I spent my 12 remaining minutes trying to figure out what to do on that ledge...I need to watch a YouTube video tonight to see what I missed

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't have a ton of time to play, that is the parkour mission where you have 20 minutes to complete? After jumping across a massive chasm from 2 platforms I spent my 12 remaining minutes trying to figure out what to do on that ledge...I need to watch a YouTube video tonight to see what I missed
Yeah, that's the one. After figuring out the jumps and getting close to ragequitting for platforming in as FPS, you'll have to face an entire army, so I'd recommend figuring the path first, and then give it a shot with LFG.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
I booted the game up for the first time since late April. It is still as addicting as ever. I am cautiously optimistic about this fall.