• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It shows you what the final storage space will be rather than what the current progress is
So you're saying that I had essentially downloaded the PS4 version, yet the console was showing the reserved space for the ps5 version even though I hadn't clicked on the "download" button yet?

RayCharlizard

Nov 2, 2017
But I already have 60GB of PS5 Destiny 2 on my drive. I checked when I deleted the PS4 game from the storage setting.
Because the storage gets allocated when you start the download. If it's downloading a file that is 60.5 GB, that is the PS5 install. That's all there is to it. If you want to cancel that download and go look at your Storage, you'll see that Destiny 2 will no longer be there. The PS4 version was 60.7 GB.

rQtHE2x.jpg

cORSlsq.jpg

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Because the storage gets allocated when you start the download. If it's downloading a file that is 60.5 GB, that is the PS5 install. That's all there is to it. If you want to cancel that download and go look at your Storage, you'll see that Destiny 2 will no longer be there. The PS4 version was 60.7 GB.

rQtHE2x.jpg

cORSlsq.jpg
Yeah I already had that before I clicked on the "download" button from the main hub of the game. I had both PS4 and PS5 versions. That's my confusion.

I deleted the PS4 version but kept the PS5 one. Now I'm downloading another 60.519 GB download. Hopefully it's the last one lol.

Was it possible to download the PS5 version without the PS4 version?

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
Does this feel like destiny on pc now ? I love destiny 2 on pc at 60 FPS but couldn't stand the game at 30 on console :(

It feels better than what I was playing on PC with a 1070gtx, 16gb ram, sata SSD and an i7. You get SOLID 4k/60 with 120hz support on a $500 console. It's crazy if you think about it. The frame rate is great but what makes it so much better is how fast everything is from opening the map to switching tabs. It's all instant.

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
They are both fantastic but to me the PS5 feels slightly faster. Remember you can download both to try em out before buying Beyond Light. Personally I would just pick whichever controller you enjoy more.
That's a placebo effect. It doesn't even fully use NVMe on PCs, and a SATA SSD is more than enough to load as fast as the game can.

Last edited:

Broadbandit

Oct 29, 2017
So the original story is gone? That's not awful, I don't feel bad restarting. So which campaigns are left?
So I can still play them, is there any benefit in playing those?

so AFAIK as a free user there are no campaigns that are free now. If you are on xbox with game pass you can access forsake, shadowkeep, and beyond light campaigns though.

Feenix

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2017
PS5 / Series X will send Full range RGB.

Make sure your TV black level is set to High / Auto. If it's set to Low it will crush.

Also, use HGIG and set only the White point, don't touch the slider for Black.
I've got my LG C9 set to "Vincent Teoh" as of recently and D2 is feeling really inky right now on defaults.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
Hope console players enjoy! I'm sure it feels like a brand new game. It certainly did when I made the switch from console to PC and was able to play it at higher framerates with a 105 FoV.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, after playing around for a little bit, I want to get back into D2. But I'm overwhelmed. Haven't played in over a year & I have so many items. Think I'm gonna start trashing everything in my vault & go from there.

RayCharlizard

Nov 2, 2017
Yeah I already had that before I clicked on the "download" button from the main hub of the game. I had both PS4 and PS5 versions. That's my confusion.

I deleted the PS4 version but kept the PS5 one. Now I'm downloading another 60.519 GB download. Hopefully it's the last one lol.

Was it possible to download the PS5 version without the PS4 version?
Ah my mistake I guess I'm getting the order of things wrong. It added both to my queue because the "PS4 & PS5 Version" was a new purchase so it added all of the content from that purchase but I'd already seen a message on here about which size was which version. If you download it in the future I'm sure you can choose which version by clicking Options on the game in your Library and switching to the version you want before clicking Download, that's what I've done for other games like Spider-Man.

wollywinka

Feb 15, 2018
I asked a friend what he thought while mine was downloading. He has an XSS. He said he couldn't see any difference whatsoever. I have now updated on XSX. My friend needs an eye test. Game plays so much better.

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
As per EvilBoris on Twitter, leave them at defaults, especially the Black adjusment. Use the console HDR calibration as well as your TV settings.
It's finicky, but once you get it dialed in, the game is gorgeous. Really glad they addressed the HDR errors introduced in Beyond Light.

Yea I had good success following the directions for the white adjustment but not the black adjustment. Leave that one at default in the middle.

I take it back. Resetting defaults and leaving HDR at default is the way to go. Just make sure console and TV are calibrated and it looks great. Tangled shore is stunning on my LG CX.

Last edited:

MrBenchmark

Dec 8, 2017
I asked a friend what he thought while mine was downloading. He has an XSS. He said he couldn't see any difference whatsoever. I have now updated on XSX. My friend needs an eye test. Game plays so much better.
I'm playing on my Series S and it feel just like my PC looks great better than it did before the patch and obviously faster. I'm super sensitive to slow frame rates at it's amazing. And saying this from playing on PC with 3700x w 2060 Super

Playing at 100FOV on series S and also turn off motion blur

12eece

Mar 26, 2018
If I buy the latest expansion do you get all the previous included. Or do you have to purchase them all individually?

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Ok I'm hooked after playing 60fps. For someone who hasn't played Destiny 2 since launch, whats the best paid version to buy

Videophile

Tech Marketing at Elgato
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
San Francisco, CA
Quick info for people playing on PS5:

You need to enable HDR in game manually for true HDR. Even though PS5 will run system wide in HDR, the game launches in SDR, meaning you see an SDR image upconverted to HDR.

Oct 25, 2017
i got the upgrade!!

pros-60fpsss
better hdr
SIXTY FPS

cons-it might be placebo but does the game look worse? it seems aliased as fuck now

Boots The God

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Not gonna lie, I expected 60fps to feel way better for this game. I played it earlier and idk what it is, the game just feels sluggish imo. I've tried increasing the fov and increasing the sensitivity but still feels off. Maybe bc I've been away from the series for so long

honavery

Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
So no adaptive triggers on the Dualsense but some pretty punchy haptics. Double jump and stab feel very good. And even the sparrow has some Astrobot-esque things going on.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Not gonna lie, I expected 60fps to feel way better for this game. I played it earlier and idk what it is, the game just feels sluggish imo. I've tried increasing the fov and increasing the sensitivity but still feels off. Maybe bc I've been away from the series for so long

I'm not alone!! I don't know what I expected, bit it was definitely something more. FoV change felt more significant, but maybe that's because the last month I've been playing almost entirely 60fps games so the jump wasn't as special.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I bought the 50 dollar edition that comes with the season pass on ps5 and its asking me to buy the pass, how do I fix this?

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
I dropped the game shortly after launch meaning to get back into it, and I'm so lost. Took me a while to find out that the original campaign I was playing is no longer available, I really, really don't like that.

And jagged edges are more noticeable after the update than any other PS5 game I've played.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I'm a little bit confused playing this for the first time.

The beginning is the same as the beginning of the first Destiny, isn't it? It's been a long time since I played but it felt very familiar.

I probably sound ridiculous typing this. I just want to make sure I'm playing through the game correctly lol

Megapighead

May 2, 2018
What message does it say? Mine says "Buy Season Rank" and then under it it says "Season Pass Active" with a check mark.
Not sure where you mean, but in the "Seasons" tab I see a "Get Season Pass" button and when I hover over the rewards it says "Requires Season Pass". And when I hover over "Seasonal Rank" at has an X next to each season, even though I purchased the deluxe edition.

Really sucks, I don't want to have to pay for the pass again through silver.