• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dr ChadMan

Oct 25, 2017
Ok PC players as a console player most of my life what is the sweet spot for FOV for Destiny? Or any game for that matter

NoWayOut

Oct 27, 2017
I'd give the free version a try to see if you like it. I play mostly solo as well, but there are definitely things that will be harder for you without a group. A lot of PvE aspects of Destiny 2 have matchmaking luckily.
Honestly the moment to moment gameplay is pretty damn fun. Some of the best "gun feel" in any console shooter. The game just feels good to play and it rewards you visually and audibly when you land a headshot on the myriad of aliens...

But the story is a mess. An awful mess many of us who played the original since launch and all of the expansions and the sequel and its expansions still cannot begin to comprehend.

And this is marred by an interface to access the game's content that is an absolute nightmare to wrap your head around initially.

BUT, if you can slog through the weird way they've set up getting to their quest lines and obtuse "light based" leveling system, it's a fun experience with some graphically impressive locations that still manage to wow me. Their art pipeline is godly.

As to grouping, there are some activity that you'll be auto grouped into, but no one talks and it's just like the regular solo missions. You kill aliens, get loot, and proceed to the end of the level.

Raids absolutely require grouping, but they're not mandatory experiences. Some of the exotic (super rare unique) guns require doing PVP goals or grouped missions to obtain. But none of the Exotic gun quests are mandatory.

I mostly have played solo without issue. But I rather do enjoy the PvP.

Thanks for the feedback. I have Gamepass so I will give it a try in December.

Rat King

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
FoV sliders were my main worry, glad they are addressing it. Sucks that it's not at launch but there's plenty of stuff to play as it is. Super pumped for Beyond Light.

Zarshack

May 15, 2018
Australia
1080p on the series S is likely going to be a disappointment, The machine was hyped as "producing the same graphics and performance as the series X but at 1440p", it seems to be falling short in a number of titles so far.

Nephtes

Oct 27, 2017
No mention of enhanced textures is a bummer

They need to be enhanced?
I've always rather liked the Destiny 2 textures. I think the game really pops in 4K on the One X. I was doing quests in the Forsaken quest line last night (since I had never done them when it first came out) and I was rather impressed with the fidelity of what was on display in the Tangle Shore (or whatever it's called). The screen space reflections are so good and the materials on the armor up close still look really crisp to me.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
1080p on the series S is likely going to be a disappointment, The machine was hyped as "producing the same graphics and performance as the series X but at 1440p", it seems to be falling short in a number of titles so far.
Yeah. Destiny 2 is native 4K on my One X. Yes at 30fps, but I figured the SX should at least be able to do 1440p60. 1080p in 2020 is just not acceptable.

Yeah this. And what happens to all that horse power if you play on a 1080p screen?
You get a supersampled image that looks way cleaner than native 1080p.

Zarshack

May 15, 2018
Australia
Yeah. Destiny 2 is native 4K on my One X. Yes at 30fps, but I figured the SX should at least be able to do 1440p60. 1080p in 2020 is just not acceptable.
Not only that but microsoft said that it would be the same performance wise as Series X but at 1440p. The game on series X being 4k but 1080p on series S appears to indicate that the gap between them is greater than MS has led us to believe.

CrispyGamer

Banned
Jan 4, 2020
They need to be enhanced?
I've always rather liked the Destiny 2 textures. I think the game really pops in 4K on the One X. I was doing quests in the Forsaken quest line last night (since I had never done them when it first came out) and I was rather impressed with the fidelity of what was on display in the Tangle Shore (or whatever it's called). The screen space reflections are so good and the materials on the armor up close still look really crisp to me.
Just give nextgen consoles PC settings and I'll be happy but i get your point it does already look great i just want more lol

Sundrowned

Oct 27, 2017
MN
I really assumed that the next gen versions would be there on November 10.

Pretty damn disappointed. I wanted to jump into the new campaign with 60 FPS on consoles the day it launched.

Yeah, this really sucks. Beyond Light is the thing I'm most excited to play on the new consoles this year and I was really looking forward to booting up the Series X version on the 10th when it goes live.

Nephtes

Oct 27, 2017
Just give nextgen consoles PC settings and I'll be happy but i get your point it does already look great i just want more lol

I'm not even sure the PC version uses different (enhanced) textures from the consoles. The Digital Foundry analysis on the One X upgrade doesn't mention lesser quality textures on the One X and PS4 Pro compared to the PC. The PC advantages being: frame rate, texture filtering, shadow quality and LOD.

CrispyGamer

Banned
Jan 4, 2020
I'm not even sure the PC version uses different (enhanced) textures from the consoles. The Digital Foundry analysis on the One X upgrade doesn't mention lesser quality textures on the One X and PS4 Pro compared to the PC. The PC advantages being: frame rate, texture filtering, shadow quality and LOD.
It must be texture filtering then it looks amazing on a high end rig

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
Is there a video where I can see the FOV slider being used on the PC?

I have an idea of what it does, but have never seen it.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017

Yeah it has a 1/3 GPU power where 1440 P is more like half as demanding as 4k, the math never worked on Microsoft's claim. We'll probably see a mix of 1080/1440 and as time goes on more and more <1080 (I think there's already a 900P game on Series S, Yakuza?)

EloquentM

Oct 25, 2017
Sony owned Bungie continues with its blatantly anti-consumer practices by forcing people to pay for a free field of view slider on the PS5. The sooner they are stopped the better. Also PS5 not having the Smart Delivery support is a sad indictment of the poor shape that Destiny 2 Beyond Lift is in. For shame.

This post dedicated to the memory of Trim.
what happened to them? Also spot on impression.

Zarshack

May 15, 2018
Australia
Yeah it has a 1/3 GPU power where 1440 P is more like half as demanding as 4k, the math never worked on Microsoft's claim. We'll probably see a mix of 1080/1440 and as time goes on more and more <1080 (I think there's already a 900P game on Series S, Yakuza?)
I expect this issue will be recurrent and potentially get much worse as the gen progresses, I would be getting pretty shaky if i was sitting on a series S pre-order right now, I suspect many people will come to regret not getting a series X instead.

Soap NickTavish

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
The FOV slider is a long overdue God send for us on consoles. No longer will close quarters combat feel like I'm fighting in a fishbowl!

ShapeDePapa

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a video where I can see the FOV slider being used on the PC?

I have an idea of what it does, but have never seen it.

Quick screenshot

75 FOV
sanstitrecdkr5.png

105 FOV
sanstitre2h0jgr.png

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
After 6 years, they still miss their deadline launch that was already delayed by 2 whole months.

It's exhausting with Bungo, seriously.

Exhausting.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That was the ceiling, like Xbox One X, and Pro with 4k, not all games hit that, doesn't make the messaging inaccurate. They mention up to I believe.

Darren Lamb

Dec 1, 2017
Bummed this is missing launch, but I wonder how much better the load times will be without the next gen patch. They looked better judging from the preview videos but not overwhelmingly so. I started getting into the game in earnest on Stadia and when my free Pro trial ran out I was more bothered by the load times than the 30FPS when I switched to the One X.

Also agree on thinking Series S could have done 1440p with 60FPS, I thought I heard or read somewhere that 4k/60FPS was not that far away with the One X, it might have done 40-60 uncapped and they wanted the stability of a locked 30.

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
That's dissapointing though at least the loading times will improved even without a proper patch.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
With Cyberpunk eating the month of november and its marketing ramping up exponentially this month, I wouldnt be surprised with Beyond Light slips to December 10th.

Deleted member 35071

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
def kinda bummed. As Beyond Light is essentially the launch game to me, for Xbox series X. So u expect them to be ready to rock on launch day.

Domino Theory

Ripple Effect Studios
Verified
Nov 6, 2017
Sounds like I'll wait until December to play Beyond Light. Luckily it's on Game Pass so it'll be a quick entry point when the time's right.

MadMike

Oct 27, 2017
The FoV slider is a big deal. Definitely considering switching back to consoles with that change in addition to 60 FPS. I was questioning whether or not to get Beyond Light at launch, but this makes the decision easy.

monketron

Oct 27, 2017
With cross-gen play it means PS5 players with 60FPS and FoV changes up against PS4 users with 30fps and no FoV option. GL in Trials people!

Floex

Oct 27, 2017
It's a month, c'mon guys! Im just glad it's coming this year. I was expecting them to say this would be out 2021 TBA.