• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
So Destiny threads are officially hiveminds now ? We only accepts positive opinions ?

As long as Bungie is messing up with players (who are not fanboys like some here) I will keep giving my opinion on Destiny threads, even if some people love to spam the Report button when they see my posts. If I get warned it's not because of trolling or making bullshit, it's more because too much people can't handle negative opinion about their favorite game.

If it upsets you, you can go to Bungie forums, where everyone is in love with the game.

Bungie forums? Don't make me laugh. These forums hate the game and Bungie 24/7.

Hell, I'd rather browse the subreddit over stepping foot in those godforsaken forums ever again

EloquentM

Oct 25, 2017
So Destiny threads are officially hiveminds now ? We only accepts positive opinions ?

As long as Bungie is messing up with players (who are not fanboys like some here) I will keep giving my opinion on Destiny threads, even if some people love to spam the Report button when they see my posts. If I get warned it's not because of trolling or making bullshit, it's more because too much people can't handle negative opinion about their favorite game.

If it upsets you, you can go to Bungie forums, where everyone is in love with the game.
lmao
This thread would have hit 100 pages by now a few years ago. The number of people defending this game has dwindled so much, and the ones left doing it are doing such a lame job of it. Just name-calling and bickering. Your complaints are valid. I agree with almost every one of them, yet I still play. Just not nearly as much as I used to. I encourage you to ignore the (albeit incredibly limited now) defense force and keep giving honest opinions. Just dont resort to unnecessary hyperbole.
Lmao

OP
OP
Strakt

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
This thread would have hit 100 pages by now a few years ago. The number of people defending this game has dwindled so much, and the ones left doing it are doing such a lame job of it. Just name-calling and bickering. Your complaints are valid. I agree with almost every one of them, yet I still play. Just not nearly as much as I used to. I encourage you to ignore the (albeit incredibly limited now) defense force and keep giving honest opinions. Just dont resort to unnecessary hyperbole.

Y i k e s

ThatOneGuy

Dec 3, 2018
My sentiments exactly.

Destiny is arguably in a great place right now. Is everything perfect, is everyone happy? No but they never are. Pvp needs some serious work and bungie has stated that they're going to put some real love into it going forward and then hopefully bring back trials.

Strikes? They know they aren't in a great spot right now and bungie are working on improvements.

All that being said, the raid is great, the menagerie is a lot of fun, albeit repetitive eventually. And the chalice system is a great idea for curated rolls that can be farmed for.

cmdrshepard

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Destiny is IMO the best place it has ever been. Forsaken was solid and arguably did even more for D2 then TTL did for D1. The season pass has not been particularly strong but had never reached the depths of CoO or TDB. The amount of promise ShadowKeep holds and Destiny going forward holds, particularly now that Bungie is independent is exciting.

NutterB

Oct 27, 2017

A lot of your original complaints did get addressed, so why are so negative about it now? Additionally, if the same individual shows up in all "news" thread of a game you like, to tell them that the game sucks, wouldn't that be annoying to the folks genuinely looking at the thread for news?

You be the judge.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Fortnite and GTA are the most popular games on the planet, threads about them dont hit 10 pages let alone 100 - delusional nonsense to be sure, but I know where I am.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium

Not everyone is in love with the game on the Bungie forums..... There's been tons of criticism to get where we are now.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Yeah, It would be cool if it came back and they fully intergrated it back into the game and expanded on it. Just getting to go through a small part of it to get the Thunderlord made me really want to bring that whole space back bigger and better than before. The sea of dilapidated car shells sprinkled with the victims of some long past calamity is just too good of a backdrop to roam around in.
It's almost like...talking about destiny here and down the block is hostile environment. On a forum that heavily swings "cinematic single player games" it's no surprise the threads for this game aren't huge. Also the fact with the rise of discord people tend to talk there instead of here where people just "omg GaaS this thing sucks" blah blah. This place has done a great job of pushing people away .

I have my gripes with the game but they are the same gripes everyone else has so there is no need to reiterate them over and over again.

Deleted member 8784

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
A lot of your original complaints did get addressed, so why are so negative about it now?

This user has been acting consistently like an arsecrack in pretty much every Destiny thread ever made on Era. (and plenty of none Destiny threads as well). I wouldn't expect much in the way of an actual sensible criticism to be honest, and I don't think they've any interest in giving it.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This user has been acting consistently like an arsecrack in pretty much every Destiny thread ever made on Era. (and plenty of none Destiny threads as well). I wouldn't expect much in the way of an actual sensible criticism to be honest, and I don't think they've any interest in giving it.
the ol "oh, so is this officially hiveminds threads now? We only accepts positive opinions?" tactic is the same shit Amirox pulled to excuse his concern trolling for *years*. its a classic.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Yup, the cosmodrome evoked a real sense of atmospheric world building I think the game is missing especially from the human side of things. If and when it does return, it will be celebrated.
I never got that much of a sense of world building out of it, it's mainly just my own nostalgia for patrolling the place so damn much, the beta being set there, The Last Array and other story missions. They already brought it back as a modified version with the Plaguelands, anyway. I think they should prioritize new areas over a revisit of the old ones.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
I never got that much of a sense of world building out of it,
Really? Even the very first small area you pop into tells its own story. I always liked storytelling that shows rather than tells, for instance in the intro mission the moment you first get control the surrounding area paints a pretty clear picture of what was happening when our Guardian originally "died" all those years ago, there's no lengthy exposition about it, it's just implied and there's all kinds of that kind of textless storytelling throughout the 'drome.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Really? Even the very first small area you pop into tells its own story. I always liked storytelling that shows rather than tells, for instance in the intro mission the moment you first get control the surrounding area paints a pretty clear picture of what was happening when our Guardian originally "died" all those years ago, there's no lengthy exposition about it, it's just implied and there's all kinds of that kind of textless storytelling throughout the 'drome.
That was admittedly pretty cool, as was Rasputin, the planes in the Mothyards, the ships in the Forgotten Shore, the Skywatch...

Yeah, alright. I could see why someone would think the area has good worldbuilding. I've said before that I wouldn't mind the Cosmodrome back, just not over a new area instead, or as the focal point of an annual expansion (which it already was, with Rise of Iron).

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
All those deserted wrecked cars right outside the wall and then you see they blew up the bridge and you realise it was an evacuation site and thousands didn't make it, they even expand on that with the thunderlord quest.

So many shuttles that never got take off because the entire area was under siege and the lost control amid the panic.
1200px-Cosmodrome_pano.jpg

2cb1619be391e551cd26c8148f00413d8e4fd524_hq.jpg

darthbob

One Winged Slayer
Nov 20, 2017
For the Vex, time is relative, though. In one moment, a construct is lost. In the next, it is reborn.
When a powerful part of the network is lost, the Restorative Mind is summoned. It has begun creating a bridge through time. A bridge that if it is not destroyed, will see the Nexus Mind, reborn.

darthbob

One Winged Slayer
Nov 20, 2017
It can drop from both! Echo Chamber, or Undying Mind. I didn't like the latter because I kept getting one of the ugliest Titan butt towels in the game instead of what I wanted.
Are you for real? I haaaaated doing Undying Mind so much. Although I didn't care much for Echo Chamber either, but it did have a fun boss fight.

Oh well, at least I learned a new fact about Destiny 1 today haha

JediMPG

Avenger
Jan 6, 2019
I'm excited to explore what they got for the new moon! Also that music in the trailer feels like something right out of a horror movie. Really interesting use of strings and the snare build up at the end pushes it!

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Question: GameStop has the Destiny 2 limited edition for $5. Is there any advantage to grabbing that over the f2p version that's launching later in the year?

Oct 27, 2017
The recycling doesn't bother me at all. My favorite part of destiny is solving all the quests, environments aren't a big deal to me. I would like to see Pluto though.

Also, if you buy the deluxe edition and get a second copy of the game and dlc, you should be allowed to gift that. I have some friends that really want to play it but they don't want to drop the cash.