• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ToadPacShakur

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
You know he wishes there was a timeline where Bungie got to do Destiny but still be an Xbox studio

zerocalories

Oct 28, 2017
California
I wish it were simpler to play that game without resorting to guides

I get so confused that I end up dropping it and only coming back when a new expansion comes out.

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
You know he wishes there was a timeline where Bungie got to do Destiny but still be an Xbox studio

The best part is, it's entirely the fault of his predecessors.

AFAIK Jason Jones tried to pitch Destiny to Microsoft Game Studios on multiple occasions but continually got rebuffed and told to focus on Halo.

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

My coworker is a huge Xbox fan and when we circle around to discussing miscues I always raise the point that I bet Phil wishes he was in the position he is in now when it came down to making Bungie do Halo or force them out. If the Destiny franchise was Xbox exclusive it for me would be reason enough alone to own an Xbox.

ianpm31

Oct 27, 2017
Still waiting on that pso2 release date. My laptop is old so I'll be purchasing an xb to play it

SirNinja

One Winged Slayer
So the desert island has internet?
Bad choice, game won't even boot without internet
Electricity, a gaming rig, etc. are also very odd things for desert islands to have, but in these sorts of hypothetical scenarios it's assumed that the island somehow has everything needed to play the game in question. If you're stranded on an actual desert island, videogames are going to be absolutely least-concern :P

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
User warned: thread whining
Have we not hit the Phil Spencer quota for the week? The man breathes or ties his shoe laces and a thread is made. There's not even writing in the OP just their video linked.

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
wat

The only thing in Destiny could ever possibly need a guide for is a Raid. And even then, you're playing with 5 other people.
no, there's a bunch of arbitrary youtube bait, usually in the form of pursuits/exotic quests. like, you're gonna figure out to do whisper of the worm without a guide? the stuff in dreaming city and its weekly cycles? i haven't done the quest for izanagi's because the starting quest step is incredibly vague and i just can't be arsed.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
This gen would have gone very differently if Bungie were still part of MS and Destiny was a X/PC excluive.

Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
True. That's a bit different though. He said he can't play the game without guides and those are just side quests that you never need to do. 90% of the game would not require any sort of guide.
Oh if we're just talking about campaign and playlist strikes / crucible / gambit then sure!

But a big part of the appeal in Destiny is "what's new", and it tends to involve the batshit crazy quests we get every so often and a lot of them you'll need a guide for.

If we already establish this island has power and internet, maybe access to reddit wouldn't be too big a stretch though lol

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
What an insanely boring choice. At least the game would force him to replay everything if he wanted to try a different class, so there's some replay value.

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
Well, yeah, it's the only game I actually play these days. Ignored all the black friday/thanksgiving sales so far because I know I'll be grinding some weapon quests instead lol.

Fuck Anteater error code though.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played Dreams yet, but I feel like that would be the ultimate desert island game.
Barring that, my other choice would be WoW. There's so much damn content there.

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
I mean if it got updated indefinitely and you could play with your buddies it's hard to think of a better choice

Oct 25, 2017
Have we not hit the Phil Spencer quota for the week? The man breathes or ties his shoe laces and a thread is made. There's not even writing in the OP just their video linked.
There seems to be an upward trend of people just posting threads with videos and / or quotes with no actual input from the OP themselves, as if they needed to be the first to post it.
Its becoming yet another annoying habit this forum seems to have.

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Destiny is arguably the most influential, yet polarizing game this generation.

Not a bad choice.

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
It would be my choice to. I don't play anymore because it requires to much time that I could be using to do other shit but most of that other shit wouldn't be on a desert island.

Dec 12, 2017
My coworker is a huge Xbox fan and when we circle around to discussing miscues I always raise the point that I bet Phil wishes he was in the position he is in now when it came down to making Bungie do Halo or force them out. If the Destiny franchise was Xbox exclusive it for me would be reason enough alone to own an Xbox.
At the end of the day Bungie would still end up independent, unless MS treated Destiny like Minecraft.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
That's a pretty good choice in terms of lots of replay value. I'd go with Rocket League but I respect that.