• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
By Year One content does that include the Warmind and Osiris DLC's ?
It should. Unclear on what it means for Forsaken though. That was the start of year two, but there was a deleted tweet (I think from Engadget?) that implied it would also be free. It may have been an error on their part though. We should know the exact details in a little under four hours.

PoshAlligator

Jan 24, 2018
I'm someone who follows gaming pretty closely, and as someone who played the base game and not much else for Destiny 2 I've always really struggled to even understand the game's slew of roadmaps, updates, expansion, and limited time events. All available for money for this or that, for updates or passes. I can't imagine how confusing it is for those just looking to jump in.

So making it simpler and open to more people is very cool. They need to make it as easy as possible for the game to keep a lively group of new players checking it out and this seems like a good way of doing that.

Curious how that means updates like Shadowkeep will be different to previous updates though. Will it be more focused around a story update with new modes going out to everyone...? Wonder if maybe something closer to the Fortnite model where all content is free but there's seasonal rewards for skin and battle pass-esque stuff. But I'm sure Bungie have thought this through, and it's really great to see them have room to experiment with the model like this and not be locked down into one thing or the other.

EndlessNever

Oct 25, 2017
That's a huge decision that will most likely go in their favour, and the sheer amount of content and excellent gameplay in the package overall is phenomenal. Obviously this must have been a sticking point between Bungie and Activision, but it'll pay off.

I'm about 800 hours in, and still love it.

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017
This feels like a slap to people who payed full price
As someone who bought the game and season pass at launch, it really doesn't. It's not like they're doing this 3 months after launch, game has been out for a while now. I got my money's worth.

I'm sure I'd feel different though if I bought the game last week though šŸ˜‚

WhySoDevious

Oct 31, 2017
Who do I have to blow to get cross-save on PS4?

Alternatively, who do we have to petition on Twitter to make it happen.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
The way the PlayStation-exclusive stuff has worked in the past is that it becomes available for other platforms after roughly a year (though I think it took longer for the Taken King content in the first game). By the time all of this happens, it should be available to other players.
The exclusive gear stops being exclusive in September when this expansion launches and the game goes free to play with the cross save stuff.
It's Sony being Sony
No, the current exclusive content (1 strike, 1 pvp map and 1 weapon) will be available to Xbox and PC players in September, after that there will be no exclusives.

Then there is likely more to this then exclusive content.

Like we just got Dauntless which has full cross platform play and progression.

Like I know everyone wants a black and white situation but clearly there is some nuance here. Hell, might even just be a case where Bungie straight up can't talk about plans for after September until the deal official ends.

Nov 9, 2017
Happy for those interested, but I dropped this like a bad habit a long time ago and am never coming back. Its just too shallow of a game for me to sink so much time into it as it requires.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
The amount of content in Destiny 2 now is amazing, going F2P and exposing more people to that and getting them back in on the franchise is a great move.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Tell you what if Sony allows cross save I will be buying that Scuff controller for PS4 that looks like a Xbox controller this weekend

Deleted member 18742

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This feels like a slap to people who payed full price
Lmao, a slap in the face to people to who bought the game close to 3 years ago? You must be really upset when a game gets a price drop 2 months after release. That's what, a publisher / dev stabbing someone in the heart?

Someone of you are so hyperbolic with your statements it's pretty yikes.

Riptwo

Oct 25, 2017
If Sony legitimately blocks this, I'm done buying cross platform titles on PlayStation going forward.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Neat. Going f2p is not a big surprise given they gave the base game away for free for a couple weeks last fall on battle net. The cross save stuff sounds nice.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Sony going into next gen pissing everyone off from developers to consumers sure is a strategy.

I have played everything exclusively on PS4 this gen. Fuck them. I'm buying an XBox next gen, and it will be my main. I can't lie and say I won't end up with a PS5 also for the big exclusives like God of War, but outside of those, they will be getting way less of my money next gen.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So have people started crying for some sort of "ambassador program" yet and about how it's so unfair to the people who bought the game?
I think most people that play and enjoy the game are happy to have more people playing it, and are ultimately glad that there will be a much lower barrier to entry so they can convince friends & family to play with them. (That is, assuming that the rewards and economy are not massively reworked to drain money out of Free2Play players).

I am (and I'm sure some people are) a little annoyed at having bought last year's Annual Pass......but that's really more because it doesn't seem to offer anything interesting, and less because it will probably be free in the future.

TyrantII

Oct 25, 2017
Boston
Sony really needs to cut the bullshit and allow cross saves.

I understand the issues with crossplay and how its not as simple, but taking your already saved on bungies servers progress is a simple one.

What happened to #ForThePlayers?

Slythe

Oct 26, 2017
This has my attention. I got bored with the game during the Warmind expansion, which is okay because I putt 100 hours into it and I'm not a big GaaS guy.

Just about everything on this leaked list is what I would like to see from the game. Still holding out slight hope that one day we might see D1 content reintroduced. I loved the atmosphere of that game, especially on the moon. Maybe now that Bungie is going all out we'll see something like that happen.

TonyusMaxinus

Oct 25, 2017
I own on both PS4 and PC with my "good" save on PS4. This news really sucks for me. These are great moves for the game tho. I think Sony will cave in the coming months on the cross-save function. F2P on steam is a great move.

Young Liar

Nov 30, 2017
If the expansions all the way to Forsaken come free, I'm definitely going back. Stopped after three months of playing it regularly, and tons of free content are good enough reasons for me to return.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
I just hope they don't fuck up the game with a shit f2p model...buuut with how they just fucked up the Eververse I'm not holding my breath.
The current model they have is basically F2P model anyway.
Eververse is one of the most extensive mtx store I've seen in any game till date, and it made so little sense because it was a paid game with paid DLC (which isn't changing).

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
I was starting to get concerned about how they would distribute the game because they couldn't stay on battle.net much longer I assumed. Would it be a new launcher or worse an EGS exclusive but Steam is perfect!

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
I'd gladly go back on XO if only Sony wasn't fucking assholes, not too keen on starting over and definitely not too keen on playing anything on PS4 except exclusive titles because of bullshit like that.

Deleted member 28076

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Re: "Ambassador program" shit: I have pre-ordered Destiny 2 and all of its DLC full price and I couldn't be happier with this move. Why would I be mad that I have more people to play with?

Hark

Oct 29, 2017
I desperately didn't want to get back into Destiny after all the time I sunk into it during Forsaken, but these signs suggest Bungie is actually going to do right by the community.... damn.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
and where is this huge? the base game can be bought for 5 bucks(!) and was already "free "with PS Plus nearly a year ago.

when someone wasnĀ“t interested till now he/she will never be interested in the game.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe I'll finally try this IP, I claimed the free Destiny 2 PC base game with battle.net back then but never installed it.

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
Hopefully people will start tweeting to yosp and shawn because it' so fucking stupid that there won't be cross save for PS4.