• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly I like Countdown more than D2's Rumble and Control (especially Iron Banner version). At least Countdown doesn't have spawns or 6v6 on poorly designed maps. It just goes on way too long. Survival is the best though.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Any PC comp teams going?
I'm still doing Daily (or nightly) Comp but often forget to launch Discord first. I'm up to the point where I need 100 precision HC kills in Comp for Luna's so I will be working on that this week. I'll make it a point to hop into Discord before I start up this week and anyone is welcome to join. Currently right at 2000 Glory score fwiw.

Played my 3 Rumble games last night (for Luna's quest step) and ended up getting 2 Calculated Trajectory medals in 1 game which puts me to 96% Completion for that step. I'm only at 65% double kills though so I still have some work to do in that area for Mountaintop but I'm starting to think it is also achievable this season.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Cammycakes new video featuring the 1-2 Punch LMS Shotgun is worth watching just for the Reckoning segment. It is hilarious.

Gulfwarvet

Oct 30, 2017
Think I'm goona need a new clan, on my own at the mo and probably only 3-4 coming back for the nect dlc.

Go so much shizzle still not done, raids, gambit prime, reckoning, lol.

Do the main power rewards but not much else.

750 across the board and just marking time for 3 more weeks.

Little un moved to pc last year and his ps4 characters are to low that he can't help either.

Time to hit the discord i think.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
Think I'm goona need a new clan, on my own at the mo and probably only 3-4 coming back for the nect dlc.

Go so much shizzle still not done, raids, gambit prime, reckoning, lol.

Do the main power rewards but not much else.

750 across the board and just marking time for 3 more weeks.

Little un moved to pc last year and his ps4 characters are to low that he can't help either.

Time to hit the discord i think.

What platform/timezone?

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I hope Shadowkeep offers enough RPG elements to really flesh out creative builds and play styles. I've always wanted to be a wacky ass melee Warlock with Devour and Guile.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I'm down to help any raid encounters on PC if they're GMT time zones (I go to bed latest 1-2am).

Nov 14, 2017
Does anyone here on PS4 still trying to finish up their Moments of Triumph for the MMXIX seal still need help with a raid or activity completion?
I actually still need to do reckoning to get a full set of prime gear so I can win a match with it. I only need a reaper class item on my titan. I keep on meaning to get in the Discord and get a group, but I'm lazy.

I think I helped two people get their MMXIX the other day while I still haven't got mine 😸

So if everything is correct the remaning PC components should arrive tomorrow. Is there a beginners guide for building PCs?
PCs are basically thousand dollar Lego. If something doesn't fit in easily, don't force it.

The way I like to build my PCs is a bit at a time. First I'll get the m/b hooked up to the power on top the the m/b box, get the cooler on it with the RAM in, and then see if it'll boot and give me a picture using the CPU graphics from the motherboard.

Next, I get the m/b inside the case and see if it still boots. If it doesn't, it means something is shorting out so pull out the motherboard and put it back in again and see if that helps.

When you've got the motherboard booting by itself in the case, you're basically good. At that point you can stick in the graphics card / hook up drives / etc.

Last edited:

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
I actually still need to do reckoning to get a full set of prime gear so I can win a match with it. I only need a reaper class item on my titan. I keep on meaning to get in the Discord and get a group, but I'm lazy.

I think I helped two people get their MMXIX the other day while I still haven't got mine 😸

Slacker!

There has to be a good mod day in the next week. We ran trough a bunch on Sat night and it felt much easier.

Ishmae1

Creative Director, Microsoft
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
Finally succeeded in soloing Whisper (yay me!) and... wow is it just me or is the only good thing about the gun the ammo return? Jotunn hits so much harder in terms of shield break + damage (and is better on ammo) that I did a double-take when doing a heroic run with Whisper as my solar weapon. I'm guessing the catalyst makes it that much better?

I missed killing the last boss by ~2 sec. on my 2nd heroic run through. Ugh. At least I don't need to wait for the PE, hunt the boss, and open the portal now.

LawfulEnder

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Finally succeeded in soloing Whisper (yay me!) and... wow is it just me or is the only good thing about the gun the ammo return? Jotunn hits so much harder in terms of shield break + damage (and is better on ammo) that I did a double-take when doing a heroic run with Whisper as my solar weapon. I'm guessing the catalyst makes it that much better?

I missed killing the last boss by ~2 sec. on my 2nd heroic run through. Ugh. At least I don't need to wait for the PE, hunt the boss, and open the portal now.

The catalyst does a lot to help out with the raw damage, but the main appeal was always that it could shoot infinitely as long as you could hit crits and it's been pretty underwhelming since that aspect got nerfed. Might be useful again with reload changes coming with Shadowkeep, though.

GringoSuave89

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
LA, CA

Hate to say you missed out on the golden years of Whisper. It was THE DPS weapon for a while.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

It'll make a comeback. Unless Izanagi ends up out doing it.

xxx shiv xxx

Oct 26, 2017
Ohio
Does anyone here on PS4 still trying to finish up their Moments of Triumph for the MMXIX seal still need help with a raid or activity completion?
I have done no raid stuff as of yet, but won't be available til mid/ end of week. Will hop on discord hopefully Thursday or so and try to get carried :) Also wouldn't mind trying to get Whisper or any stuff like that too.

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
15 Javelin multikills is a garbage fucking task. Either your teammate grabs it, or you grab it but theres nothing to multikill. The damn thing should last another 15 seconds more than what it does. I'm getting it done, but in one public event I got 0, and in one other I had 2. Super dumb.

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017
15 Javelin multikills is a garbage fucking task. Either your teammate grabs it, or you grab it but theres nothing to multikill. The damn thing should last another 15 seconds more than what it does. I'm getting it done, but in one public event I got 0, and in one other I had 2. Super dumb.
Start a EP level when nobody is around in your mars instance and use the keycode to summon one.

Ishmae1

Creative Director, Microsoft
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
The catalyst does a lot to help out with the raw damage, but the main appeal was always that it could shoot infinitely as long as you could hit crits and it's been pretty underwhelming since that aspect got nerfed. Might be useful again with reload changes coming with Shadowkeep, though.
Hate to say you missed out on the golden years of Whisper. It was THE DPS weapon for a while.
>cry<

It'll make a comeback. Unless Izanagi ends up out doing it.
I just got through the rare bounty component of the Izanagi quest, so it's onto the Shattered Throne part. That'll be the next solo challenge.

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017
I didnt know you could use a keycode to summon a javelin? No idea what thats about.
You can find an item called Rasputin Armory Code when doing stuff on mars, during EP there will be boxes around the area that you can use them to "dispel corruption" and summon a javelin. Also, queue up will of the thousands, there are two places in that strike that you can grab javelins for easy kills. Today's heroic story mission Pilgrimage also has javelins.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
It's even worse than D1, because at least there all of the bounties were consolidated in one place. Now we gotta hop around the tower/solar system to grab them
Eh? You mean all 3 of the social spaces? Granted there are a lot more in D2, but D1 didn't even really have as many bounties available, and nobody is really forcing their use. I skip almost all of them daily and just focus on the ones I want to complete.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
Eh? You mean all 3 of the social spaces? Granted there are a lot more in D2, but D1 didn't even really have as many bounties available, and nobody is really forcing their use. I skip almost all of them daily and just focus on the ones I want to complete.
All three of the social spaces had the same list of bounties. Now, you gotta go to SEVEN different vendors in the tower, and there's bounties for each location, plus the Tribute Hall now. You're right, I don't do all of them, but I do enough to need to visit at least 3 people every day I play, then hop on over to Nessus. It's a chore

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
I have done no raid stuff as of yet, but won't be available til mid/ end of week. Will hop on discord hopefully Thursday or so and try to get carried :) Also wouldn't mind trying to get Whisper or any stuff like that too.

Nice. We started a new discord server to clean up from the old one with updated bots and everything, so make sure you register for the new one and we can coordinate times to get you in!

OK, let me get a spot for you. I'll DM a discord invite for our clan, but youhave to reach out to Ruthless for an invite to teh DEra discorrd for all Era clans on all platforms.

Which is the best discord for getting nightfalls done

I think using the App is the quickest and easiest way to get into a NF.

The best way to to team up with other Era members trough the DEra discord.

Status
Not open for further replies.