• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 31, 2017
La La Land
Really awesome build!! I have that same graphics card, 1TB Nvme, monitor(27 inch) and mouse pad. :)

The graphics card is truly a beast. Been playing Destiny 2 at 1440p at about 130-144 FPS with everything maxed and it runs it beautifully. I have an 9700k though but paired with the 2080, its been great.

Also I personally don't think you will need to upgrade that 2080 till probably mid way through next gen if at all. The new consoles will be beefy but your build, especially with that 3700x, will still be better. I don't see consoles matching the 2080 in terms of graphics and performance.
Appreciate it! That's good to hear. My live is up this coming Jan so I don't think I'll be renewing. May keep my consoles for first-player story exclusives but depending on how that goes I may just sell them.

EDIT: discord right on the first post, i'm a moron.

wiggler

Oct 27, 2017
All I need for the Destinations: Forsaken Badge is the goddamn Ether Doctor. I want to get off Mr. Spider's Wild Ride... so I can go and grind all the Mercury and Mars stuff I'm still missing. :D

OldBenKenobi

Oct 25, 2017
Appreciate it! That's good to hear. My live is up this coming Jan so I don't think I'll be renewing. May keep my consoles for first-player story exclusives but depending on how that goes I may just sell them.

EDIT: discord right on the first post, i'm a moron.

I am in same boat, With Gamepass on PC and MS supporting PC gaming more now probably going to keep my One X as my last Xbox console.

My launch PS4 is boxed away somewhere so maybe I buy a ps5 down the line for the exclusives.

You will love PC gaming! I was away for 15 years and was just a console gamer but cross save announcement with Destiny finally got me back. Built my rig 5 months ago and it's been so liberating.

Wreck We Em

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Got my Mountaintop last night!! This gun is hard to use though

This is the most productive PvP season I've ever had, got all the pinnacle weapons!!

With Solo comp coming next season, I'm gonna try and get this Not Forgotten once and for all

Nov 14, 2017
Retribution was fine. Gambler's Ruin was much worse.

Honestly though, all of them are fine in principle. They just need a little love to sort out the spawns. Destiny either needs to communicate that spawn trapping is a thing and let players know that it's a mechanic they have to understand or they need to make sure maps just don't have nasty spawn traps. I favour the latter approach.

demi

Oct 27, 2017

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
How do you get Tincture of Queensfoil now? The vendor that used to sell them just gives me Charges of Light now lol

demi

Oct 27, 2017
There are two dinosaur skulls in that area. One gives Tinctures (50 Boughs) and one gives Charge of Light (25 Boughs). Make sure you are doing the right one

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I didnt watch the video, spamming fighting lion doesnt work, no one does it ever. Even with your pro team cordoning the enemy off. besides for the millionth time i'm on hunter.

Edit: watched it. I mean ok cool. Once in a while it happens. You got 3 direct hits on crash test dummies at 30 meters. Odds of an actual meteor strike are much higher. My warlock is level 29 anyway.

For the 2nd, how many times did your fireteam feed you heavy before you got a kill with it? Be honest.

On another note, breech launchers physically cant get a multikill? Pretty sure I did it before so I was pretending there was always that 1 in a million chance. I just smacked two guys actively pushing on each other, killed one left the other 1/3 health. Another time same thing, 1 guy was left with 5% health and I couldn't see the others health bar but he lived too. Literally even if they are french kissing it cannot get a multikill. Unless they are pushing on each other and both wounded. So it wont be a lightning strike chance but more like getting hit by lightning four consecutive times type odds. It would have to be two grenades. Which with hunter having to dodge reload....could happen but good luck.

Lulz 2071 comp. Literally my teammates are winning 3v4's because I dont care. Where is this energy when I want to win

At least 8 more incredibly long comp matches and not even 1% at any point. Almost 11 pm now, entire day wasted and not even close to 1% progress at any point. Still need 44%.

Back into QP for a 76-26 drubbing. Cant even dream of approaching heavy, 6 enemy will be on all sides against you alone. Have to have played at least 25 longgggggggggggg matches today, no chance of 1% progress at any point,
Heavy Weapon ammo remains easy enough to obtain in QP.

You are complaining so much you're clearly tilted by this. When this happens to me I play badly and simple things become impossible. You should take a break.

BradenAndEggs

Jan 8, 2018
Got my Mountaintop last night!! This gun is hard to use though

This is the most productive PvP season I've ever had, got all the pinnacle weapons!!

With Solo comp coming next season, I'm gonna try and get this Not Forgotten once and for all

Good job! I'm in the same boat. This is the first season I've been to Fabled so I'm grinding every pinnacle weapon I can. I only really need the multikills for the Mountaintop mission now. I hate being "that guy" and camping heavy every time it comes up in crucible each game though...

CrudeDiatribe

Oct 25, 2017
Eastern Canada
My warlock is level 29 anyway.

So? Do you have Lunafaction Boots, a Y1 exotic? At least one of the three warlock subclasses came with empowering rift already unlocked.

My experiences match JohnOfMars's, except with less bass.

Got my Mountaintop last night!!

Congrats!! I see Fighting Lion treated you right.

You should take a break.

"RELAX GUARDIAN! WHY ARE YOU NOT RELAXING?!"

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Go Figure (pulse rifle) seems to be a beast? I have it with Devil Scope/High Caliber Rounds/Zen Moment/Rampage. I generally suck at pvp but I was tearing shit up with it. I think I like pulses because my aim is kinda trash, but with a pulse I can pull the trigger and kinda move it on target as it fires.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
"RELAX GUARDIAN! WHY ARE YOU NOT RELAXING?!"
Shark has made a dozen or so rants about this step, they're clearly having a horrible time.

Every player I know working toward a pinnacle in pvp has always said "you hit a wall, take a break" or you will just keep hitting that wall over and over.

All the advice has already been given.

wiggler

Oct 27, 2017
You can farm for Ether Doctors by killing Lost Sector bosses over and over (it's what people did for Dust Rock Blues before Menagerie came along)

I tried that for a while, but I have a feeling you need to have it unlocked before it starts dropping there. It's Source is to "Complete activities and earn rank-up packages on the Tangled Shore." So I think I just have to keep doing stuff in the Tangled Shore and Spider's wanted bounties.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think that's true, it's just RNG. I can't confirm those specific bosses drop Ether Doctor, but people farmed Dust Rock Blues this way just fine.

Wreck We Em

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Good job! I'm in the same boat. This is the first season I've been to Fabled so I'm grinding every pinnacle weapon I can. I only really need the multikills for the Mountaintop mission now. I hate being "that guy" and camping heavy every time it comes up in crucible each game though...
Be that guy lol

Also, use fighting lion

Congrats!! I see Fighting Lion treated you right.
The lion gods treated me well

Now I need a list of bosses I should melt to commemorate my mountaintop achievement

Ishmae1

Creative Director, Microsoft
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
All I need for the Destinations: Forsaken Badge is the goddamn Ether Doctor. I want to get off Mr. Spider's Wild Ride... so I can go and grind all the Mercury and Mars stuff I'm still missing. :D
I have ether doctors coming out of my ears, but not a single HC or Sniper to finish that badge... and the ascendant chest banner, which will not drop no matter how many I open.

>cry<

EloquentM

Oct 25, 2017
Hi! Since I have the game on Battlenet (got it when it was free for a brief time) but never played it, is it worth to do the game transfer on Steam or the F2P version will be the same of the base game I have on Battlenet?

Thank you,
the free to play version will be the same, however if you begin playing now and don't transfer to steam before skeep all your progress will be lost.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Just seen the Luna nerf,

giphy.gif

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
I'm a fucking idiot. Competely forgot Warlocks have empowering Rifts, not just healing, that should help the inconsistency of GL a bit and make MountainTop easier/less frustrating. Time to take out my Binlock, Guardians aren't ready for the eyesore.

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
Got a Spare Rations from GP. It's a good, not great roll (Rapid Hit/Moving Target/Richochet/Hammer Forged/Reload MW), but it still fucking SLAPS holy moly

Oct 28, 2017
One Triumph away from completing Shadow. With Both Hands is my last objective. Should have gotten it done in the past, but here we are. Tuesday reset, fucking hurry up!

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
I took my sweet time about it but I'm finally starting to enjoy the process of leveling an alt. I'm still not in a hurry but my baby Warlock just hit level 30 and passed 400 LL while working through Warmind. Kind of cool to do something different after doing nothing but Titan since D1.

Getting my head wrapped around the strengths and weakness of each subclass will take some time. I can already tell I like top tree Void a lot as slapping something to proc Devour and then having Devour refresh on kill makes the Warlock feel even tankier than my Titan. Moreso when you consider you can do that while standing in a Healing Rift.

Arc trees feel like the AoE damage specialty with less durability and less boss dps but more add-clear. And I already know how deadly and annoying Arcbolt grenade can be in PVP.

Oh and my first Exotic powerful reward? Astrocyte Verse. Let the Blinking begin!

Bangai O

Oct 28, 2017
Anyway, this shit happens all the time. It gets even more fun with a Well of Radiance. Made a whole montage about it:

I was in this thread, just like you, denying that Lion could work til someone here said to try it. I did and loved it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I have been doing the exact same thing. Now I am at 95% for double kills having started at 50% this past Tuesday.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
Just seen the Luna nerf,

giphy.gif

The bigger nerf is the one to the damage bonus of Well. Luna is still good because a faster reload is still better than a slow reload but now that bubble gives a larger damage bonus and Titans can just use rally barricade, Well is even worse than redundant.

Which is good, now Warlocks aren't locked to Luna well for every remotely challenging PvE encounter. Now Titans are either bubble + rally or melting point bots.

Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
I have ether doctors coming out of my ears, but not a single HC or Sniper to finish that badge... and the ascendant chest banner, which will not drop no matter how many I open.

>cry<
If you mean the Secret Victories emblem, I finally got it the other day from a Tier 1 Blind Well. I've been running Tier 3 / Heroic BW for weeks on each character for the Offering bounty. The other day I went in and some random kept activating Tier 1 (which I had never done lol) for some reason, don't know if he was a newbie or outright trolling.

But on the third T1 run (I was ready to leave the instance to rejoin and get a high tier going since the lower ones barely progress the weekly bounty), I got the damn emblem to drop.

This is of course anecdotal - but some Reddit searches I had done while I was trying to get it also suggested it drops in lower tier BWs.

As a last resort, a variant of that emblem (which also unlocks the base emblem, this filling that gap in your Collections tab) is *guaranteed* if you complete all 6 Ascendant Challenge time trials.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
FWIW, I solo queue 95% of the time.

Yeah, I camped heavy for an night of play. Got some work done, Pre-nerf. if you get heavy, you don't have to use it right away. Grab it and run to safety. Stick together & wait for your moment. Most of my kills were from my Lion.

Crash test dummies? Lul. one of the guys in that clip literally had a full Hammerhead out pointed at me, lol.

Anyway, this shit happens all the time. It gets even more fun with a Well of Radiance. Made a whole montage about it:

I was in this thread, just like you, denying that Lion could work til someone here said to try it. I did and loved it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah, but you're the fighting lion guru. Also aint that PC?

I dunno, I mostly see people doing the quest using Orewings Maul more than FL, mostly I get killed by maul although yes get killed by FL some. Maul can OHK. Lion has more ammo, but maul with 2 scavenger perks you can acquire a lot, plus you start with two, so it's not insurmountable. Plus it always gets back to hunter, I dont have rift.

Just chucking grenades into choke points never gets me much of anywhere, though I still try if I have the ammo in hopes of that elusive double kill. I get quite a few kills with Maul now just lining up with somebody hip firing them from the ground at fairly close range. The issue is they are all single kills. But I figure eventually I may catch lightning and get a double to help me a little (I have got close to quite a lot and got one earlier). Otherwise I'm just waiting for heavy and I dont like to be COMPLETELY dependant on heavy. I like to feel like I have a slight chance to progress the quest all the time.

Oh yeah, I definitely go hide in corridors with heavy. Theres still plenty of issues like, getting killed by supers, or just as bad, getting fast pushed by one guy. That means you usually gotta kill him with your heavy ammo and then you have no chance for a multi. You really gotta set it up to hope to find multiples on the radar, around a corner, and pray...it's hard to judge how far they are and sometimes they're too far, etc. IF you can see them you're probably dead before you can get all your ammo off.

You can build a pc in two hours. It takes shark longer than that to get 10 gl kills.

Building it is fuuuuuun too.

Heavy Weapon ammo remains easy enough to obtain in QP.

You are complaining so much you're clearly tilted by this. When this happens to me I play badly and simple things become impossible. You should take a break.

Disagree that it's "easy". Statistically there are 12 people going for it and it comes up what, 5 times a match? So statistically you should get it once every two matches or something. I do get it a fair amount by focusing on it, but it can be that the enemy team controls heavy, or your own teammates get it of course, or you have to fight teammates for it. Tons of people are doing the MT quest. I just hope most of them dont have multikills only left which is where heavy really becomes paramount. It does seem like each day somewhat less people are doing the quest, probably giving up or doing kill lobbies. I do get a fair amount of heavy but wouldn't call it "easy".

Ehh, I get frustrated easily and went through a few rough hours. The logjam broke and I started making progress again, up to 69%.

So? Do you have Lunafaction Boots, a Y1 exotic? At least one of the three warlock subclasses came with empowering rift already unlocked.

My experiences match JohnOfMars's, except with less bass.

I thought at level 29 I cant even equip any exotic or legendary. So you're saying I can equip yr1? I dont know if I have those. I dont think so. I checked if I have lunafaction and I do have them, but I think it might be yr2 (but not sure)

BTW did the game forget? Because, for I swear I had like tons of exotics for titan and Lock that arent in my collections. I guess I dismantled them before collections went into effect? But why would I do that? I KNOW I had all these exotics for titan and warlock, but collections shows I barely have any and those are ones I bought from Xur recently. I KNOW I had them. Maybe I'm misremembering and it was in D1 I had them or something...did the game have a different system for remembering exotics only, before collections? I cant remember.

I took my sweet time about it but I'm finally starting to enjoy the process of leveling an alt. I'm still not in a hurry but my baby Warlock just hit level 30 and passed 400 LL while working through Warmind. Kind of cool to do something different after doing nothing but Titan since D1.

Getting my head wrapped around the strengths and weakness of each subclass will take some time. I can already tell I like top tree Void a lot as slapping something to proc Devour and then having Devour refresh on kill makes the Warlock feel even tankier than my Titan. Moreso when you consider you can do that while standing in a Healing Rift.

Arc trees feel like the AoE damage specialty with less durability and less boss dps but more add-clear. And I already know how deadly and annoying Arcbolt grenade can be in PVP.

Oh and my first Exotic powerful reward? Astrocyte Verse. Let the Blinking begin!

Yeah leveling an alt can be fun. I usually do like one story level a day while still mostly playing my main.

The game's essential hook is like "growing" and you feel more like that from a low power character. Honestly when I was messing around on PC right before cross save, it was it's own kind of fun building something. Like first I just had a blue scout and a green AR for crucible, then I made a big step when I got the Cydonia AR that was big on YT for a week. It was a really big step up to get my first legendary pulse...etc etc. It was almost disappointing for cross save to come. All that said, I wasn't going to throw away my massive time investment and NOT take advantage of cross save...

Last edited:

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Disagree that it's "easy". Statistically there are 12 people going for it and it comes up what, 5 times a match? So statistically you should get it once every two matches or something. I do get it a fair amount by focusing on it, but it can be that the enemy team controls heavy, or your own teammates get it of course, or you have to fight teammates for it. Tons of people are doing the MT quest. I just hope most of them dont have multikills only left which is where heavy really becomes paramount. It does seem like each day somewhat less people are doing the quest, probably giving up or doing kill lobbies. I do get a fair amount of heavy but wouldn't call it "easy".
I've played a lot of QP recently, a lot. People are engaged all over the map, respawning, fleeing, shooting, traversing... very often the HW spawn is not being contested by that many people (on either team) if at all.

IF you go for it every time. Of course some games you'll find it harder, especially if a stack is controlling it or if it's a map/game type that focuses people toward it somehow... but usually, overall, this is my experience.

I figured my experience was pretty standard... but then I'm not hyper focused on HW even though I'm making sure to control the spawn, so I'm not feeling all those frustrating times I don't get it, and I'm not stressing about getting it, and i'm not so obviously frustrated with the mode.

texmechanica

Nov 19, 2018
There's a stupid amount of content in this game. I was feeling relieved that I had my pursuits tab down to a single page, then I started to really play the Black Armory and Opulence content and now my backlog is jam packed again. Feels overwhelming with Shadowkeep coming out so soon! I can't fathom maintaining more than a single character

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Bungie has been trying to "Consoldate" quests and such to account versus characters, maybe they will do a good job in Shadowkeep. I haven't really felt overwhelmed with 3 characters. You really only need to worry about one, the rest you just use as mules / extra chances.

Anastasis

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I would love all bounties to auto load to your character so I can just play the game and not worry about going to the tower at the beginning of every play session.

DWarriorSN

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PA
I still dont understand why Bungie dumpstered Wraith Nighstalker but basically did nothing about bottom tree striker OR OEM.

To make matters worse they give bottom tree sentinel (a class that was already decent and has an absurd exotic in Doom Fang) a fucking supress on the MELEE ability, so arc staff hunters and the already nerfed wraith hunter get even more fucked anytime a bottom tree sentinel is in the game.

At least the grenades require some skill to use AND can be outplayed, now were just supposed to run away from normal guardians because that dumbass titan barreling at you will always shutdown your super even if it doesnt kill you.

I guess they'll also stop strikers which provides some comfort.

Still Bungie is making it real easy when it comes to wanting to skip Shadowkeep.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
, now were just supposed to run away from normal guardians because that dumbass titan barreling at you will always shutdown your super even if it doesnt kill you.

I guess they'll also stop strikers which provides some comfort.

Still Bungie is making it real easy when it comes to wanting to skip Shadowkeep.

Meh, Spectral Blade, Blade Barrage, Arc Staff, Noce bombs, Dawn Blade, Hammers, Sledge hammer and Sentinsl shields are still insta-death for a bottom tree striker with OEM on.

FacesAndAces

Chicken Chaser
Avenger
Dec 9, 2017
Yeah I'd even settle for being able to pick up bounties from the companion app

I would love all bounties to auto load to your character so I can just play the game and not worry about going to the tower at the beginning of every play session.

You know, back in vanilla D2 we had these things called challenges. They were active at all times, and varied depending on the activity.

People hated it, complained incessantly about bounties, and Bungie listened. They removed challenges and added bounties back into the game. Now you have to go to a vendor and waste time loading in to the tower/wherever.

It's one of the worst changes they've ever made.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
I still dont understand why Bungie dumpstered Wraith Nighstalker but basically did nothing about bottom tree striker OR OEM.

To make matters worse they give bottom tree sentinel (a class that was already decent and has an absurd exotic in Doom Fang) a fucking supress on the MELEE ability, so arc staff hunters and the already nerfed wraith hunter get even more fucked anytime a bottom tree sentinel is in the game.

At least the grenades require some skill to use AND can be outplayed, now were just supposed to run away from normal guardians because that dumbass titan barreling at you will always shutdown your super even if it doesnt kill you.

You dont pay much attention. They will always hammer the hell out of any remotely strong hunter ability, but puzzlingly leave clearly op other subclasses untouched. All bungie staff makes known their hunter hate on social media, not a secret.

I guess if you wanted to take bungis side youd say they have data showing most people play hunters and thats why they do that

9 seconds to 3 though, ya thats how they snuff out hunters. In the pantheon i dont even think that subclass is op. Just one of many strong subclasses

In other news in less than 2 hrs 85% on mt. I could think of finishing tonight if i didnt have early bedtime. And missed like 20 multis. Once friggen tm put a bubble in my way at the last second and robbed me

TIL colony nades travel OVER friendly titan bubbles, not through them

Last edited:

Buttchin-n-Bones

Actually knows the TOS
Oct 25, 2017
You know, back in vanilla D2 we had these things called challenges. They were active at all times, and varied depending on the activity.

People hated it, complained incessantly about bounties, and Bungie listened. They removed challenges and added bounties back into the game. Now you have to go to a vendor and waste time loading in to the tower/wherever.

It's one of the worst changes they've ever made.
It's even worse than D1, because at least there all of the bounties were consolidated in one place. Now we gotta hop around the tower/solar system to grab them

Status
Not open for further replies.