• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Is 21% delerium worth the grind? I'm not in love with Gambit in its current form but I'm at about 70% of the way through my envoy kills and also need to reset my infamy.
It's a very fun gun, but Hammerhead and Thunderlord are both better. Just wait for triple Infamy for the reset and see how you feel when it's up I'd say.

Djredline

Chicken Chaser
Oct 26, 2017
Working on Revoker and I've gone to not being able to hit a thing with snipers to being semi-decent... I have 230 kills to go (precision and glory done), what are the best perks for these? I want to get as comfy as I can while I grind this out.

I like high handling low range, and I'm quite fond of firmly planted. Currently my best rolls are:

Persuader with crap sights and mag and firmly planted / moving target and a range MW
or
Beloved with chambered compensator / tac mag / snapshot / rampage and a handling MW

Beloved feels better to me atm, but what are the go to pvp rolls?

I'm also using targeting adjuster... should I consider hip fire or Icarus more?

On PC, btw.

Snapshot, quickdraw, moving target. I put a targeting adjuster on mine but then I'm on console.

I find beloved easier to use than revoker

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly surprised anyone even gives a damn about vendor refreshes. I can only hope Bungie is instead putting those potential resources into new Faction gear when it returns, now thats something the community would actually give a damn about.

I mean, take a look on https://careers.bungie.com/en-US/Careers and you'll see they ARE hiring. 47 positions in fact. If this is Bungie 'failing to deliver' then fine with me. Small price to pay for everything else this expansion/season appears to be delivering on.

Edit: I also feel required to point out we have no idea what the raid sets really do look like. As far as I am aware, we have seen a Titan helmet and it is speculation that the whole thing is reskinned. Y'all could be flipping tables over nothing.

Vendor refreshes and world drops are a huge part of keeping Destiny fresh and making the world feel alive. I like when there are reasons to play Strikes and Crucible. The game feels stagnant and dead when I see the same gear for over a year.

The Titan raid gauntlets were also pictured and look like the Eververse set. dmg already confirmed it's the raid armor. It's a reskin, like many of the other things in this expansion.

Did something D3 related come out of PAX? People have mentioned it on the last two pages.

D3 is the last thing Bungie should be focused on right now. It shouldn't even be on the roadmap.

Transitioning from Destiny 2 to Destiny: New Light should be their break away from relaunches and splintering the playerbase. What they should be doing is working on including D1 players into the ungrade to New Light and allow them access to the content. Unify the player base. They are adding the Moon and Cosmodrome and new players to New Light will be playing through the D1 intro... Seems like the natural thing to work on instead of ever considering D3.

This entire expansion is being built around re-used content. The expansion is also smaller in nature than Forsaken was, including far less content. The reason for this is likely because so much of Bungie is at work on D3 and D2 is on cruise control.

Djredline

Chicken Chaser
Oct 26, 2017
I think everyone on the free rank ups for the battlepass should get edge transit for every rank.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Beloved with chambered compensator / tac mag / snapshot / rampage and a handling MW
Since snapshot is pretty much a must this is the one I would use. I also like Moving Target as a perk since it gives +2 mobility and increases strafe speed while ADS. My current favorite snipe is a Fate Cries Foul with Snapshot / Moving Target and it's the one I got most of my kills with.
Is 21% delerium worth the grind? I'm not in love with Gambit in its current form but I'm at about 70% of the way through my envoy kills and also need to reset my infamy.
I think so. It's far and away the best machinegun for boss dps (even though heavy grenade launchers are better sometimes you want to run an LMG just for add clear).

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Since snapshot is pretty much a must this is the one I would use. I also like Moving Target as a perk since it gives +2 mobility and increases strafe speed while ADS. My current favorite snipe is a Fate Cries Foul with Snapshot / Moving Target and it's the one I got most of my kills with.
I have a FCF with Zoom 10 point / Ex mag / Snapshot / Moving Target / Stability MW... I might give this a go then... thanks!

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
Today and tomorrow are the last day you can purchase any Destiny expansions/silver on PC until Oct 1

Defuser

Oct 25, 2017
Nice, after 5 tries in the Menagerie. I got lucky and got a Waking Vigil with Sureshot, Ricochet Round , Slideshot and Range MW. A decent energy Handcannon to compliment my kinetic specials.

Deleted member 35071

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
my goto sniper is Bite of the Fox. with snapshot & opening shot. Targeting adjuster mod

my Solstice helmet rolled with Enhanced sniper targeting. So i barely have to aim this thing. Im just getting double headshots now when i have no business doing so.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
my Solstice helmet rolled with Enhanced sniper targeting. So i barely have to aim this thing. Im just getting double headshots now when i have no business doing so.
Enhanced Sniper Targeting is a fantastic perk. It definitely feels like cheating at times. I have a Dreaming City helmet with that perk that I use most of the time when I am sniping in the Crucible.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
350 IB tokens turned in by my baby Warlock (who is only level 20 and has not done any of the IB questline so that he would get only weapons from Saladin) and not a single Swarm of the Raven. I already have one that is a great PVP roll but I was looking for a spike grenades version and did not get it.

I did get 5 Claws of the Wolf and almost as many Orewing's Maul and Hero's Burdens but not a single Swarm, Breath of the Dragon or Bite of the Fox.

GalaxyDive

Oct 25, 2017
It's a very fun gun, but Hammerhead and Thunderlord are both better. Just wait for triple Infamy for the reset and see how you feel when it's up I'd say.

While they are better for general use, 21% is great at pumping out DPS since you don't have to reload. I use it to one phase the bosses whenever a friend and myself two-man Shattered Throne.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Read something interesting over on Reddit on the Crucible Playbook about the upcoming buff to 340 pulse rifles in the Crucible:
If you miss a shot and have to shoot a third burst, the 1st shot of the third burst results in a 1.07 sec ttk as the pace of the bursts is the same as a 110 rpm hand cannon.

The body shot ttk of these right now is about 1.6 sec, yeah, that's only because they do 20 per body meaning you do need to shoot 4 bursts to kill on body shots, but, the new damage for body shots is 22, meaning 8 resilience or less the body ttk is only three bursts , 1.2 sec which is faster than 390's and 450's. (1.4 and 1.33 sec) this alone will make them carve a niche in the meta imo.

So maybe more than the precision damage buff the body shot damage buff will help the 340's be competitive.

Bangai O

Oct 28, 2017
It showed me how badly they need to separate PC and Console balancing. Because a lot of his complaints where none issues on console.
I don't think that's possible in Destiny 2, but I agree. A few months ago when people were up in arms about Lord of Wolves I didn't know what the problem was. I barely saw that gun on PS4. Getting those long range kills with Release the Wolves was almost impossible because the of the recoil on console, but the gun got nerfed because it was to OP on pc.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
I still don't understand the point of the initial change of "Release the Wolves" (holding reload to change). The gun was fine as-is (DPS aside)

FacesAndAces

Chicken Chaser
Avenger
Dec 9, 2017
Highlights from my questioning of the devs and narrative teams at PAX during the book signing:

Q: "When are beards coming to Destiny?"
A: "Think of all the beards we'd have to render! You'd have less things to shoot!"
A: "Destiny 4."

Q: "Why don't you have time to explain why you don't have time to explain?"
A: "I don't have time to explain it here."

Q: "Will we ever see Saint-14 again?"
A: "Uh, his helmet, yeah?"

Q: "Will we wake the Hive on the Moon again?"
A: " No spoilers."

The others were just stupid, shooting the shit questions.

EloquentM

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think that's possible in Destiny 2, but I agree. A few months ago when people were up in arms about Lord of Wolves I didn't know what the problem was. I barely saw that gun on PS4. Getting those long range kills with Release the Wolves was almost impossible because the of the recoil on console, but the gun got nerfed because it was to OP on pc.
Yeah but in this case the nerf didn't really effect consoles cause no one could hit that far in the first place lol

CrudeDiatribe

Oct 25, 2017
Eastern Canada
I still don't understand the point of the initial change of "Release the Wolves" (holding reload to change). The gun was fine as-is (DPS aside)

Sometimes using the extra ammo felt like a waste. I was expecting the change to be that a kill made the perk available to activate by holding reload.

I don't think that's possible in Destiny 2, but I agree.

They claimed it would be prior to release.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
350 IB tokens turned in by my baby Warlock (who is only level 20 and has not done any of the IB questline so that he would get only weapons from Saladin) and not a single Swarm of the Raven. I already have one that is a great PVP roll but I was looking for a spike grenades version and did not get it.

I did get 5 Claws of the Wolf and almost as many Orewing's Maul and Hero's Burdens but not a single Swarm, Breath of the Dragon or Bite of the Fox.

Don't be sad. I turned in 800 tokens before I got a single SotR with spike, and another 150 or so after before I got one with a God roll.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
It is for the most part. Only real use is for the insta-reload and invis (when running tether)

Oct 25, 2017
Been levelling my Hunter and it's just me or the dodge ability is complete garbage in PvE.

The best part of it imo is the effect it can proc rather than the movement itself

So my Hunter rolls with Marksman Dodge because you can instant reload any weapon you have equipped (great for Heavy and Shotguns) and get back into the fray.

someday

Oct 25, 2017
Off topic but anyone remember when on gaf, someone set up a Last of Us multiplayer tournament and TripleWreck and his clan joined and kicked everybody's ass?

On-topic - I decided to go for Breakneck finally. Got a curated Ringing Nail so the auto rifle kills were kind of fun. Unfortunately I still have 20 matches of gambit to run and it's not as fun anymore. I'll do this part slowly and get it when I get it.

Last edited:

Deleted member 58508

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 12, 2019

I wish I would have kept track of how many I turned in. I saved all my tokens until this IB and it took 131 packages (or so it says on my emblem) to get a SotR with Spike grenades on it. Now if only it had Field Prep.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
PSA, Eyes Up Guardians: 'The Machinist' is available as a Heroic Story mission today. It doesn't come up very often and has a lore piece hidden within it that is required to complete the 'Chronicler' seal. Anyone interested in completing that seal should do that Heroic Story before reset, even if it that seal not a priority right now.

You don't want the guy that has to wait weeks for it to come up again to finish your Seal because you've done everything else and didn't do it today when you could have (like I did because I'm a dummy who thought I'd never be bothered with it).

Last edited:

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Annual pass ("AP") Has a ton of great weapons, and yeah you can't get austringer without it. I'd just wait for SK though, though austringer you could probably start grinding rolls for that easier than the other good AP weapons, although reckoning is about to get patched. It's up to you if you have nothing to do this month in the way of other games to play.
Ok thanks. I guess you're right...at the moment I have plenty to do in Destiny. I just finished the Forsaken campaign and am going for Ace Of Spades. If I run out of things to do I guess I'll buy it. I just know I have zero interest in Gambit Prime so if I do buy it, it'd basically just be for whatever weapons I can't otherwise get and that's pretty much it.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
So does anyone know how Glory boosting works? A couple of friends set it up to do the last 1k Glory for Not Forgotten. They said the host set up 2 PS4s with 2 accounts around the same Glory and would back out 1 team before the match, but they didn't explain how they avoid running into other teams, the host wasn't using a VPN apparently either.
I had the pleasure of hearing them lose their mind due to needing a 100 ish more Luna kills, but at Legend. I think 1 of them even broke his controller by the end.

Edit: I guess the host was just doing this? Didn't know there was a way to figure out if you are host before the match. Hard to find with all the paid boosting services too.

Last edited:

Pandaman

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
User banned (2 days): Hostility towards other users.
Avoiding crunch should be everyone's problem in this hobby. What a stupid take.
Maybe try identifying as a human, rather than just a consumer?
Lmfaoooo get the fuck out of here
Clowns like you are why companies keep bending people over, always willing to accept less and blame yourself for expecting more. Things are never the companies fault, we can never expect corporations to treat people better so just accept less for more money it's the only way. Fuck your false dilemma that we have to choose between having good games and having ethical companies.

There is literally nothing you or I do that can fundamentally change crunch, because the cause of crunch is the manager who drops your contract because you went home after only working 50 hours that week. You and I do not make games release unfinished and early just to squeeze them into the right business quarter. And I don't use the employees as a shield to protect the companies bad practices from legitimate criticism, you and the business do.

The facts of the matter is we have good cause to know D3 is in development and this joke of a season/'focus on D2' nonsense is just a way to squeeze a big more blood out of their customers while the bulk of bungies resources are elsewhere. We're not getting less because of crunch, we're getting less because bungie doesn't want to spend more.

EndlessNever

Oct 25, 2017
PSA: 'The Machinist' is available as a Heroic Story mission today. It doesn't come up very often and has a lore piece hidden within it that is required to complete the 'Chronicler' seal. Anyone interested in completing that seal should do that Heroic Story before reset, even if it that seal not a priority right now.

You don't want to have to wait weeks once for it to come up again to finish your Seal because you've done everything else and didn't do it today when you could have (like I did because I'm a dummy who thought I'd never be bothered with it).

FINALLY

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Ok thanks. I guess you're right...at the moment I have plenty to do in Destiny. I just finished the Forsaken campaign and am going for Ace Of Spades. If I run out of things to do I guess I'll buy it. I just know I have zero interest in Gambit Prime so if I do buy it, it'd basically just be for whatever weapons I can't otherwise get and that's pretty much it.
You can ignore Gambit Prime entirely and just farm Gambit items in Reckoning. That's what everyone does. The only people playing Gambit Prime are people who really like the mode or are forced to play it for some weapon quest.

And yea, Austringer (hand cannon), Beloved (Sniper Rifle), The Last Word (hand cannon), Emperor's Courtsey (shotgun), Truth (rocket launcher), and just about all of the Black Armory weapons make it worth the price of admission. Not to mention the fact that Menagerie allows you to farm god rolls for roughly a dozen of the best weapons in the game and it's getting a droprate buff along with Reckoning.

Unless you're about to hop on the Gears or Borderlands train for September, now would be the best time to start farming and get ahead in terms of having really good items for Shadowkeep.

Oct 25, 2017
PSA: 'The Machinist' is available as a Heroic Story mission today. It doesn't come up very often and has a lore piece hidden within it that is required to complete the 'Chronicler' seal. Anyone interested in completing that seal should do that Heroic Story before reset, even if it that seal not a priority right now.

You don't want to have to wait weeks once for it to come up again to finish your Seal because you've done everything else and didn't do it today when you could have (like I did because I'm a dummy who thought I'd never be bothered with it).

Yea when i finally decided to collect some of these lore books my friend and i decided to go to the area where the ghost was and realized we cant go in but instead will have to wait until the Mission is active again.

Once it came back we got it then.

So +1 on doing this now before it leaves.

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2017
Clowns like you are why companies keep bending people over, always willing to accept less and blame yourself for expecting more. Things are never the companies fault, we can never expect corporations to treat people better so just accept less for more money it's the only way. Fuck your false dilemma that we have to choose between having good games and having ethical companies.

There is literally nothing you or I do that can fundamentally change crunch, because the cause of crunch is the manager who drops your contract because you went home after only working 50 hours that week. You and I do not make games release unfinished and early just to squeeze them into the right business quarter. And I don't use the employees as a shield to protect the companies bad practices from legitimate criticism, you and the business do.

The facts of the matter is we have good cause to know D3 is in development and this joke of a season/'focus on D2' nonsense is just a way to squeeze a big more blood out of their customers while the bulk of bungies resources are elsewhere. We're not getting less because of crunch, we're getting less because bungie doesn't want to spend more.
Destiny is clearly in a point of transition. Last year there were two whole extra studios working on the game because of Activision. Now it's just Bungie.

Firstly, Shadowkeep is cheaper than Forsaken so it's actually not less for more money. Secondly, the next update for Destiny was literally delayed so they could finish it, so the point in this post about releasing unfinished to hit a quarter or whatever isn't true either.

Trolling the community thread is not cool.

The40Watt

Oct 29, 2017
Would now be a bad time to start a new character in D2? I've 500 hours as a Warlock but 0 for the other classes. Should I wait till Shadowkeep?

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017

EloquentM

Oct 25, 2017
Lol you doubled down and said nothing of substance. You are aware they delayed the game because they were trying to avoid crunch in the first place, right? Good job, and the irony of your first sentence haha. Clown shoes indeed.

Nov 14, 2017
Would now be a bad time to start a new character in D2? I've 500 hours as a Warlock but 0 for the other classes. Should I wait till Shadowkeep?
It's always a good time to start a new character. Waiting till Shadowkeep means you get to skip the story, but that's not that big a deal anyway.

Also: If you've never started another char but have Forsaken, does that mean you have a boost? If so you should use it. They will be kinda useless after SK drops.

Ivory Samoan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
How many PC players rocking controller?

Going to double dip soon, but I'm 100% a controller lover, even play my CRPGs like Original Sin 2 on couch controller buzz.

EloquentM

Oct 25, 2017
menagerie, black armory, and season of the drifter have some great weapons hidden behind grind and awful rng (opulence is the best, drifter is the worst, though that's getting changed tomorrow I think). It's really up to you if you have the time and $15 bucks. Black armory weapon rng isn't as bad as drifter because you can kinda continuously farm for specific weapons as long as you have the mats to do so, and the weapon schematic unlocked, however the activities to make the weapons require a lot of grinding to unlock (though there is a way around that bungie has provided to everyone at the onset), and oh, those activities aren't unlocked universally on all accounts. It's a lot of loot and a lot of content. I probably would've suggest you drop the cash at the beginning of the season, and still do if you have nothing you really want to do or don't have a backlog. Ace is a good goal especially if you're on PC but soon you probably will run out of carrots to chase for the remainder of the month without the AP.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.