• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
How long did it take most to get 21% Delirium? Feels like its taking forever to get progress on the Primevil bar. Any tips?

Chainshada

Oct 25, 2017
Hit 50 and upgraded my Solstice Armour, jumped from 460 to 694. Gear is all 720, just need my weapons to catch up.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Doom Fang Pauldrom + Bottom Sentinel is actually amazing, like potentially infinite super amazing. Was able to keep my super above halfway (usually above 80%) for the entire Fanatic boss yesterday, by just spamming shields, didn't even have the Solstice buff going the entire time, though super easy to get it when going.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
For everyone who wants Recluse PvE nerfs, are you playing on PC or console? I know they aren't going to do separate balancing, but its not really anything special on console. It only melts enemies that are extremely close, it doesn't have enough range and too much recoil for much else.
Nobody wants a Recluse nerf (well except couple of people), they are just speculating what it will/should be when Bungie decides to nerf it. And yeah its not that special on console, if they nerf it it'll go in my vault next to NF/Luna.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Hey, all.
Need a quick clarification, if possible.
Getting ready to pick up the Forsaken Annual Pass on Xbox for $15.74, which looks like it comes with all of the annual pass content released Forsaken's release to now.
However, I was just taking a look at the Shadowkeep Digital Deluxe Edition, and saw that it comes with four season passes.
Does it make sense for me to buy the Forsaken Annual Pass and the Shadowkeep DDE, or would I essentially be paying for the same content twice?
(Pretty sure if I want all of the content released after Forsaken, past the release of Shadowkeep, I need to buy both, but just want to be sure.)
Apologies for what I'm sure is a dumb question, but any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

FacesAndAces

Chicken Chaser
Avenger
Dec 9, 2017
Hey, all.
Getting ready to pick up the Forsaken Annual Pass on Xbox for $15.74, which looks like it comes with all of the annual pass content released Forsaken's release to now.
However, I was just taking a look at the Shadowkeep Digital Deluxe Edition, and saw that it comes with four season passes.
Does it make sense for me to buy the Forsaken Annual Pass and the Shadowkeep DDE, or would I essentially be paying for the same content twice?
(Pretty sure if I want all of the content released after Forsaken, past the release of Shadowkeep, I need to buy both, but just want to be sure.)
Apologies for what I'm sure is a dumb question, but any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Yes. By buying Forsaken+Annual Pass you've got yourself access to all of Y2's content. Buying Shadowkeep Digital Deluxe will net you Shadowkeep, and three seasons' worth of whatever comes after.

irishonion

Oct 25, 2017
Hey, all.

Basically the deluxe edition for shadowkeep is buying the new season pass for the upcoming year. The annual pass is for previous year. So you will need that.

Deleted member 1003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Basically the deluxe edition for shadowkeep is buying the new season pass for the upcoming year. The annual pass is for previous year. So you will need that.
Basically this, you have to think of D2 as a new year of content and each is sold separately. I would imagine toward the end of D2 they might sell a bundle of Forsaken and Shadowkeep.

DWarriorSN

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PA
Jump into gambit just to immediately run into a 4 stack and be reminded why this piece of shit game mode is the worst thing in this game by long fucking shot.

Just like people never wanna play crucible for quests i'd like to never play Gambit and enjoy myself.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Think I've found my solo Glory ceiling, around 2700 were I just start running into 3 or 4 stacks every game and drop to 2300-400. Was fun to see how far I could go, will probaly finish up Luna and be done for the season, depending on Mountaintop quest changes. I'm super looking forward to solo comp, see how far I can go there, might even go for Unbroken if I can hit Legend, though I doubt I can hang with the best of the best even without stacks.

Oct 25, 2017
Yes. By buying Forsaken+Annual Pass you've got yourself access to all of Y2's content. Buying Shadowkeep Digital Deluxe will net you Shadowkeep, and three seasons' worth of whatever comes after.
Basically this, you have to think of D2 as a new year of content and each is sold separately. I would imagine toward the end of D2 they might sell a bundle of Forsaken and Shadowkeep.

Thanks, all.
Forsaken Annual Pass purchased on Xbox.
Looking forward to seeing what's coming with Shadowkeep and beyond.

Just to be sure, if I want to have access to all of the Forsaken Annual Pass content when I play with my friends on PS4, I have to purchase the Annual Pass on PSN, too, right?

irishonion

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, if you play on ps4 as well with cross save will need to buy everything again.

Bungie making everyone double-triple dip haha

Nov 14, 2017
Recluse is a little hot on console, but nowhere near what it looks like on PC. I'm still liking using an SMG in PVE though. When I need solar instead of void, I have a bug out bag with demolitionist that's also super good. Will look forward to Wednesday so I can really compare though!

Hopefully they remove bannerfall map.
I like bannerfall, mainly because I have the muscle memory from D1 to dash straight up onto the ledge at the start and get an opening snipe. The two maps I really hate are Legion's Gulch, which at the very least should get removed in 4v4 (or 3v3) and Gambler's Ruin, which is the worst map I've played in any FPS and should not have shipped in that state.

More generally, they need to do something about spawn control on maps. I know it's a thing in a lot of FPS games, but most people who play clearly have no idea about spawn control. It's such an obvious mechanic you should be able to figure out even if you're not great at landing shots; just don't push into the bad spawn and avoid the kill corridor if you spawn there. Most players don't get it though, so Bungie should just try to avoid shipping maps where there is clearly a terrible spawn. If they do find a spawn is bad, don't spawn players facing a kill corridor - at least spawn facing a way out, so that the brain dead players won't just rush straight forward and feed over and over.

The lockers spawn on Dead Cliffs is a big offender. Also the inside spawn on Gambler's Ruin is horrible too.

Yes, if you play on ps4 as well with cross save will need to buy everything again.

Bungie making everyone double-triple dip haha
I suspect it's actually the platform holders.

DWarriorSN

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PA
Shit talking gambit paid of, the game dropped me arbalest which i was missing.

Still hate it but that helps a bit

kaisere

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fortnite purchases on any platform are honored across all others.

This is still exceptional but I hope moving forward this becomes the norm.

They dont sell the content through the stores, they sell the currency. Similarly, cosmetic purchases in Destiny will be honored in the same way.

Also, I really wish they would tell us what maps are being fixed. Equinox, Retribution and Firebase Echo need to go. Wouldnt mind The Burnout leaving too.

Overall, I'm still kinda concerned about PvP. The heavy change for QP seems really rough, the problem wasn't not getting heavy, but how oppressive certain weapons are (LMGs for example). Having to deal with multiple just means the heavy spawn is going to be a huge momentum swing that will be difficult to come back from.

I'm frustrated that they seem to be catering to streamers who are complaining that the content is too easy as well. This is a loot game, where we repeat the same content over and over ad nauseam to get drops; it is supposed to be easy once we reach the height of our power. Constantly nerfing things because "we are too powerful" is just not fun. There should be some challenge but they don't seem keen on making changes in this realm that make the game more fun, but to artificially time-gate things instead of fleshing them out.

Last edited:

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Fortnite purchases on any platform are honored across all others.

This is still exceptional but I hope moving forward this becomes the norm.
I know, but even that has some restrictions like V-bucks are only cross buy with Xbox and PC and that's brings in a lot more money, due to it monetization of skins and other cosmetic items only (which are cross-buy for D2 technically), not big expansions. I hope it happens too, it's why I have no real interest in cross-save, but I feel once they charge that ship has sailed for D2, maybe D3 will be it and hopefully cross-play too.

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there any point in buying Forsaken when Shadowkeep is coming? I read that you do not need Forsaken to buy/play Shadowkeep. What I own now is I believe whats going F2P. That's the game and the first 2 expansions.

I do not care at all about Raids if that makes a difference. What I do care about is getting the best weapons (outside of the raid obviously) and being able to access things like all the strikes (are strikes still a thing in Destiny lol??)

OH, and Nightfalls. Are those still a thing? Back when I was playing one of the many reasons I quit was because there was no random match making for the Nightfalls. Is this still the case? That alone may stop me from playing. It was absolutely stupid. Please tell me they've seen the light here.

Last edited:

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Is there any point in buying Forsaken when Shadowkeep is coming? I read that you do not need Forsaken to buy/play Shadowkeep. What I own now is I believe whats going F2P. That's the game and the first 2 expansions.

I do not care at all about Raids if that makes a difference. What I do care about is getting the best weapons (outside of the raid obviously) and being able to access things like all the strikes (are strikes still a thing in Destiny lol??)
Forsaken has Strikes. The annual pass stuff doesn't, but it has plenty of amazing weapons. Forsaken is worth it, Annual Pass I'd get on a sale in possible, but it adds so much end game content it's also worth it now.
Though has me wondering how Dreaming City will work after Shadowkeep, all planets are F2P, but Dreaming City is unlocked through finishing Forsaken, so will it?

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Forsaken has Strikes. The annual pass stuff doesn't, but it has plenty of amazing weapons. Forsaken is worth it, Annual Pass I'd get on a sale in possible, but it adds so much end game content it's also worth it now.
Though has me wondering how Dreaming City will work after Shadowkeep, all planets are F2P, but Dreaming City is unlocked through finishing Forsaken, so will it?
K thanks I'll probably just buy Forsaken then. It looks like I can get it fairly easily for $15 so not a big deal.

Are there still Nightfalls? And if so is there random matchmaking for those now or not?

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
K thanks I'll probably just buy Forsaken then. It looks like I can get it fairly easily for $15 so not a big deal.

Are there still Nightfalls? And if so is there random matchmaking for those now or not?
There is still Nightfalls and you can use Guided Games for matchmaking, but it's not good, really long que times and chance they aren't even going for stuff like 50k score, as you set the difficulty in them now, which is what you need for a powerful reward. Each Nightfall has an exclusive item now though.
LFG is definitely your best bet or soloing or 2 manning them with a friend.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Vuvuzela plays Warlock?

giphy.gif

Ishmae1

Creative Director, Microsoft
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
I got my solstice armor to purple 30 mins before I had to leave for a flight. You can masterwork later, right? I'm going to have no play time for the next week.

I was dreading gambit, but it wasn't that bad - won more than I lost, finally killed the meatball, made lots of bow progress for hush, and got 16 void kills over the 10 games. It's nice that team void kills count towards the total you need - made it easy to finish off in crucible.

Kadey

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Southeastern PA
Recluse is fine the way it is. It's not even the best SMG. These are the same people asking for Luna and NF to still get nerf even more even though it takes like 200% more effort to use the gun now.

AverageFisk

Oct 30, 2017
I got my solstice armor to purple 30 mins before I had to leave for a flight. You can masterwork later, right? I'm going to have no play time for the next week.

I was dreading gambit, but it wasn't that bad - won more than I lost, finally killed the meatball, made lots of bow progress for hush, and got 16 void kills over the 10 games. It's nice that team void kills count towards the total you need - made it easy to finish off in crucible.
Indeed, you can masterwork later, there is no time cap on that.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
I really like Redrix in low level PvE, fun gun to try and chain headshots with, but really bad if you can't. When Desperado is up it's maybe the best Pulse in the game for add clearing, rips through everything.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
Riskrunner is actually a better add clear machine with the perk proc'd, on top of giving you a huge arc overshield. Has a better range and recoil especially with a catalyst. Only problem is activating the perk is not always in your hands. But if you're in an activity where that's not an issue (ZH, Fallen Forges, Reckoning), no primary in the game can touch RR's murder rampage. I'd personally never use Recluse over it in those activities.

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
Riskrunner is actually a better add clear machine with the perk proc'd, on top of giving you a huge arc overshield. Has a better range and recoil especially with a catalyst. Only problem is activating the perk is not always in your hands. But if you're in an activity where that's not an issue (ZH, Fallen Forges, Reckoning), no primary in the game can touch RR's murder rampage. I'd personally never use Recluse over it in those activities.

1. Takes up an exotic slot
2. Can only proc its perk with arc damage
3. Doesn't have a reload perk
4. Can't slot mods into it
5. Damage doesn't even compare to MoA

There's no reason to use Riskrunner over Recluse unless you just want to switch it up. It's an overall inferior weapon.

Status
Not open for further replies.